Best Buy reward zone coupons, 10% off video games/accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shiny_dante']just got an email about some Best Buy coupons for Reward Zone members, 2 coupons for 10% off selected item, and then one for 10% off regular-priced video games and video game accessories. coupons start 8/11 and expire 8/16. all say you can't use them online.

website to view the coupons if you haven't gotten an email.
http://dealspl.us/imageview.php?f=142496[/QUOTE]

Nice, this tends to stack with sales/promotions, despite what the fine print says.

Hopefully I can convince them to let me use the gadget one on an iPad since it doesn't mention it under exclusions. :D

[quote name='dashrendar']Nice, this tends to stack with sales/promotions, despite what the fine print says.[/QUOTE]
Really?? Because that'd be awesome, especially this weekend where my state (MA) is tax-free.

[quote name='dabamus']Hopefully I can convince them to let me use the gadget one on an iPad since it doesn't mention it under exclusions. :D[/QUOTE]

Probably not since it's already excluded on the first coupon and it's considered a computer. Though what defines gadget for them would be anybody's guess.

Not exactly game-related, but has anybody ever used the one that says "phone cards" for prepaid cell phone cards, or is that only for the type of cards you use for landlines and such?

[quote name='dashrendar']Nice, this tends to stack with sales/promotions, despite what the fine print says.[/QUOTE]

Not in my experience. They used to stack. My spending at BB is dramatically down since then, since 10% off list is no deal t'all.

I haven't tried lately, though, as I got tired of being denied by the POS system (not the cashiers). Occasionally you may get lucky and a cashier will override.

[quote name='Wario64']Can you use these on psn cards?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I always do. Good for up to 3 items. I usually buy 2 MS Points cards and a PSN card. 10% off plus RZ rewards plus it counts towards your "buy $150 worth of video games to get 500 bonus points" Gamer Zone bonus rewards too.

Anybody know if you would still get the 500 bonus points when purchasing Madden if you used one of these coupons? I seem to recall that this type of thing worked with previous coupons.

[quote name='gantt']Not in my experience. They used to stack. My spending at BB is dramatically down since then, since 10% off list is no deal t'all.

I haven't tried lately, though, as I got tired of being denied by the POS system (not the cashiers). Occasionally you may get lucky and a cashier will override.[/QUOTE]

Really? I picked up ACII when it was on sale a few months ago and the 10% came off no problem.

%10 not bad i think we have a tax free week as well if not it ll be just enough to cover the tax on something-here in Chicago-

does anyone know whats up with my gamers club reward zone page? It shows pictures of the games, and reads for example "on Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for PS3 and Nier for PS3 and Xbox 360. In store only and requires coupon." But it doesnt show any of the dollar amounts off, and i cant click on anything. No links to the coupons at all.

[quote name='The 7th Number']does anyone know whats up with my gamers club reward zone page? It shows pictures of the games, and reads for example "on Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for PS3 and Nier for PS3 and Xbox 360. In store only and requires coupon." But it doesnt show any of the dollar amounts off, and i cant click on anything. No links to the coupons at all.[/QUOTE]

If you opted for email from them you can click on the links from there. I can't navigate on the RZ website to the deal also but the coupon is for $20 off each game (GTA being $20 and Nier being $40 after using the coupon).

Unfortunately I can't post links to the page since i'm new. :(

EDIT: Hopefully I won't get in trouble for this
tinyurlcombb20coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']does anyone know whats up with my gamers club reward zone page? It shows pictures of the games, and reads for example "on Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for PS3 and Nier for PS3 and Xbox 360. In store only and requires coupon." But it doesnt show any of the dollar amounts off, and i cant click on anything. No links to the coupons at all.[/QUOTE]
It's $20 off either games.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFF&DCMP=IBC

Turn your Ad Blocker off. I had the same problem with mine, and I realized that my ad blocker thought they were ads.

[quote name='dashrendar']Really? I picked up ACII when it was on sale a few months ago and the 10% came off no problem.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it works again. Maybe they noticed the significant revenue hit when I stopped buying stuff. :lol: I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip.

I tried to use this today on a small appliance (again huge CAG-induced backlog of games but I needed some stuff for the kitchen). Cashier started freaking the fuck out when I showed her my phone and said it was "a mobile coupon." Took me over 30 minutes to resolve the situation, but not before being called a 'cracker.'

[quote name='Wario64']Can you use these on psn cards?[/QUOTE]

I tried using the coupons I got in the Email on a PSN card and WoW game time card and the cashier had to call a supervisor over to get the coupon to work on them. This was in the Sioux City, IA store so YMMV.

[quote name='DarkZion']Turn your Ad Blocker off. I had the same problem with mine, and I realized that my ad blocker thought they were ads.[/QUOTE]

thanks that did the trick :D

These coupons no longer work on PSN cards, the store I always buy these at with the coupon no longer lets you use the 10% off for any of the point cards. I even went to the other store near me just to check and they said the same thing. Only way to get it to work is to convince a manager to override it. This was in the Orlando area.

I can also confirm that those 10% off coupons no longer work on PSN, Xbox or Wii point card. I tried using the coupon last weekend and at first it didnt work. A manager allowed me to use the coupon but he told me its their new policy that they wont except the coupons on point cards anymore

Are you using adblock plus with Firefox? That erases the links off the page for some reason. Turning that off or going to the page in IE should get the links to the coupons.

[quote name='brentaw']These coupons no longer work on PSN cards, the store I always buy these at with the coupon no longer lets you use the 10% off for any of the point cards. I even went to the other store near me just to check and they said the same thing. Only way to get it to work is to convince a manager to override it. This was in the Orlando area.[/QUOTE]
That really sucks because that's mainly what I used the coupons for. That and getting an extra 10% off sale items (basically paying for the state sales tax). Good thing Kmart has been having good sales lately cause it seems BB is making some bad decisions (like reducing the gamer coupons and putting them in a magazine you have to buy). I would still buy a macbook from them for the RZ points on a no-tax weekend if I needed one otherwise I'd probably just go to Amazon.

[quote name='Izod517']I can confirm that they also no longer work on MS points cards... Which is super weak.[/QUOTE]
Damn. About 90% of these 10% off coupons I've ever used were on MS point cards :(

My wife used our 10% off coupon on the DQIX guide, and I only saw Byopnetta was on sale hours later. So I didn't get to try and see if it would have worked on Bayonetta.

I was surprised that it worked when I tried for the first time, because the coupon and gamerzone fine print didn't mention game pts/cards.

2x $50 psn = $100
After 10% off = $90
90 x 2.5pts (premier + mastercard) = 225/250*$5=$4.50
90/150*$10 = $6 + $4.50 = $10.50
$90 - $10.50 = $79.50

I doubt BB gets a 20% cut from these cards to break even.

Now, it's a little over $88, which is better then nothing, assuming BB still counts them towards GZ pts. I can't imagine the cut being much on these cards, they don't take much space or carry any risk since they have no value till activation.

As a former BB employee, whose discount was 5% above cost, we didn't get any discount on PSN cards and we got 1600 MSN point cards for around 16 dollars. The profit margin on PSN cards is less than 5%, which explains why they so rarely go on sale.

well, that's a good way to put it. can't argue with that. my opinion as well is crowded with unpolluted self concluding instinct. raise it a little then give away coupons to make it look better. nice insights regarding the matter, works well for gaming resource option regarding the matter. got my gigs at diehardgamebahamas site for some video game and accessories. price tag still sky high so i'd rather settle for second hand games that will probable end up a stack after playin for a few days. rock on guys :cold:

[quote name='pie2mats']well, that's a good way to put it. can't argue with that. my opinion as well is crowded with unpolluted self concluding instinct. raise it a little then give away coupons to make it look better. nice insights regarding the matter, works well for gaming resource option regarding the matter. got my gigs at diehardgamebahamas site for some video game and accessories. price tag still sky high so i'd rather settle for second hand games that will probable end up a stack after playin for a few days. rock on guys :cold:[/QUOTE]

what is this i dont even

[quote name='pie2mats']well, that's a good way to put it. can't argue with that. my opinion as well is crowded with unpolluted self concluding instinct. raise it a little then give away coupons to make it look better. nice insights regarding the matter, works well for gaming resource option regarding the matter. got my gigs at diehardgamebahamas site for some video game and accessories. price tag still sky high so i'd rather settle for second hand games that will probable end up a stack after playin for a few days. rock on guys :cold:[/QUOTE]
TAE06.gif

[quote name='offensive_jerk']Nigerian Spammer[/QUOTE]

Actually Phillipian spammer according to his locale.

Do they ever have coupons that can be used online instead of in store? Just started shopping there a lot in the last few months so sorry for the noob question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back