Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club changing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got this email:

The game is changing. New benefits. New rewards.
It's a whole new way to play the game.

Reward Zone® Gamers Club is leveling up. On September 12, 2011,
you will begin earning double points on new game software, including
digital content and accessories purchases. Plus, for $14.99 per year,
you can join the optional paid level—Gamers Club Unlocked—where
you'll enjoy access to even greater benefits: REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB
• A free subscription to @Gamer, the exclusive gaming magazine

• 10% off all pre-owned software purchases

• 10% bonus credit on trade-in software

• Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers
Between now and September 11, 2011, you will continue to earn 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or BestBuy.com®.

Then on September 12, 2011, you'll automatically be part of the new Reward Zone Gamers Club. And you'll have the opportunity to visit a Best Buy store and 'level up' to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

All this plus the Reward Zone points you earn every day for nearly all your Best Buy purchases, including gaming hardware. For the latest Reward Zone Gamers Club information, visit MyRZ.com.

I'm not sure if the doubling points thing actually benefits us. The way it's worded, it sounds like they'll be getting rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 in game purchases. Which means double point purchases is actually a downgrade since we'll get 300 points instead of 500 points for every $150 spent.

The $15 a year thing is the same price as a @Gamer magazine subscription right now. Not sure if the 10% saved on trade ins and preowned games would be worth it enough.

No mag this month and I signed up last month. People keep talking about a sticker for the RZW card, but I keep getting told it is just your regular card and it will pop up in their system. I just have to remind them whenever I trade to give me the 10% extra bonus. I am going to try getting a free mag in store or at least try to have them allow me to use the coupons scanned from an instore mag. I did confirm my address in the system so the mags should be coming to the correct address.

[quote name='ticktack']I got the run around (and 500 "customer satisfaction" points) from the Best Buy forums telling me just to wait til "mid-October" and that unlocked would show up magically.

Went back to Best Buy again today, and the guy there took 1 look at the receipt, and took me to customer service and fixed it. The site already shows me as unlocked. I'm really glad theres at least one dude working in games that knows his stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not unlocked. I think they said wait until 10-18 now. I tried to go in-store, and the girl had no clue either. I did get a free mag at least, since I never got one when I signed up.

So is anybody getting any certs from their final pre-Sept 12 spend over $150 Gamer Zone purchases? I had like $17 to go, and bought a $50 game on Sept 10. The transaction finally posted to my account, yet I'm not seeing any bonus cert from going over $150.

Do I need to call Best Buy, and more importantly, will I accomplish anything from doing so?

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']So is anybody getting any certs from their final pre-Sept 12 spend over $150 Gamer Zone purchases? I had like $17 to go, and bought a $50 game on Sept 10. The transaction finally posted to my account, yet I'm not seeing any bonus cert from going over $150.

Do I need to call Best Buy, and more importantly, will I accomplish anything from doing so?[/QUOTE]

I did. Also got the $10 september bonus.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']So is anybody getting any certs from their final pre-Sept 12 spend over $150 Gamer Zone purchases? I had like $17 to go, and bought a $50 game on Sept 10. The transaction finally posted to my account, yet I'm not seeing any bonus cert from going over $150.

Do I need to call Best Buy, and more importantly, will I accomplish anything from doing so?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it either. I contacted them and they added it manually.

Interesting. Two different responses. Thanks.

I'll give it a few days, and call if it's not posted by Friday. I had to call them for the September bonus, too.

[quote name='arcane93']I didn't get it either. I contacted them and they added it manually.[/QUOTE]

Who did you contact? I'm having the same problem, and the only option I see is to report missing points.

[quote name='Astro7x']Who did you contact? I'm having the same problem, and the only option I see is to report missing points.[/QUOTE]

I was transferred to the Reward Zone department and a representative added the points to my account.

I have been instore 4 times and on the phone twice and still no help! What do I do? The last time I was given a receipt and they tore off the bottom of my letter! Help!

I never got my final Reward Zone certificate either. I had $11 to go so I bought Deus Ex on September 1. The game shows up on my account, but no certificate.

Hi guys. Instead of creating a new thread I figured I'd ask my bestbuy gamer rewards questions here, if that's ok.

1. Is it any better than GameStop or is it the same? I know the basic stuff like the price, magazine and 10% savings are similar but what about the other offers?

2. Is it worth getting for a casual gamer? I'm no longer the hardcore type and I buy games less often than I used to.

[quote name='Cyborger']Hi guys. Instead of creating a new thread I figured I'd ask my bestbuy gamer rewards questions here, if that's ok.

1. Is it any better than GameStop or is it the same? I know the basic stuff like the price, magazine and 10% savings are similar but what about the other offers?

2. Is it worth getting for a casual gamer? I'm no longer the hardcore type and I buy games less often than I used to.[/QUOTE]

I think it is better than Gamestop but I am less familiar with Power Up than I was with Edge.

I think a simple answer is that it costs you $15/year and this month one of the coupons is for $20 off Gears of War 3 used...which nets you the game for $16+Tax. These coupons have been great. I have saved over $100 on games with coupons alone in the last 5 months + the amount of extra trade I have gotten with the 10% bump has been at least $60. It only takes one coupon to recoup the investment and the rest is savings from that point out.

Edit: I think your best bet is to wait till they have a month where you know you will use a coupon and then get the subscription then as long as you are not doing a lot of trading.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think it is better than Gamestop but I am less familiar with Power Up than I was with Edge.

I think a simple answer is that it costs you $15/year and this month one of the coupons is for $20 off Gears of War 3 used...which nets you the game for $16+Tax. These coupons have been great. I have saved over $100 on games with coupons alone in the last 5 months + the amount of extra trade I have gotten with the 10% bump has been at least $60. It only takes one coupon to recoup the investment and the rest is savings from that point out.

Edit: I think your best bet is to wait till they have a month where you know you will use a coupon and then get the subscription then as long as you are not doing a lot of trading.[/QUOTE]the only thing about waiting is BB's timing sucks so he'd be in the next deal thread on the outside looking in waiting/hoping :pray::pray::pray: to receive some exclusive coupons that probably won't make it to him in time for a cetain deal or before they expire.
But like you said it usually only takes 1 coupon to recoup the $15 & if he's a good flipper just doing 1 well timed flip could also serve to recoup the cost. He should follow CAG daily looking for 1 game to make up the $15 then just shop "normally" for the rest of the sub no pressure.

well this thread reminded me to go print my available certs now so that i dont at least lose the points i had cause i missed the silver status by like $100 and dont want them to take my points i had built up.

Maybe others might want to consider that as well, with best buy you just never know what they are gonna do.

[quote name='jr8rulz']well this thread reminded me to go print my available certs now so that i dont at least lose the points i had cause i missed the silver status by like $100 and dont want them to take my points i had built up.

Maybe others might want to consider that as well, with best buy you just never know what they are gonna do.[/QUOTE]keep track of what points are lost & call when they disappear, you'll usually be able to get a RZ cert for the next amount that you were close to earning...maybe even more depending on how you "sell" yourself to CS.

Does anyone still have a Re-newel Voucher from Best Buy that they are interested in parting with? Please PM if so, thanks CAGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back