Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']Okay so people HAVE received them and cashed them in, but no one has posted what the $5 UPC code is on one? Wouldn't it be helpful to be able to tell it is a $5 coupon from the code BEFORE trekking out to the local BB? Can someone post their code and its value please?

(Not that I'm going to skip an opprotunity to nab a Wii Zapper for $10 with a $5 and a GGC, but still would be exciting to know ahead of time if it could be MORE than $5!:D)[/quote]

i hope i get a $5,000 one, lol

How come RZ does not let you update your address online? I sent an e-mail, but it still goes to my parents....I must have had this forever.

[quote name='DCGCPlayer'](Not that I'm going to skip an opprotunity to nab a Wii Zapper for $10 with a $5 and a GGC, but still would be exciting to know ahead of time if it could be MORE than $5!:D)[/QUOTE]
The Gamers Gift Card??? Whoa, blast from the past. Since when is that back?

Also: these reward zone bucks count as an "offer", and the GGC coupons cannot be combined with any other "coupon or offer".

FYI on the $5K it is given out as 10 X $500, read the fine print and the way I read it was you can only use 1 on 1 item.

Anyway I got one and is comes in a trifolded piece of mail and when you open up the mail one edge of the coupon is attached and you just rip it off.

Good luck all.

[quote name='doubledown']How come RZ does not let you update your address online? I sent an e-mail, but it still goes to my parents....I must have had this forever.[/quote]

It took about two months of emails and customer service postings, but I finally got my address changed on my account. FYI, dilligence pays.....

[quote name='Tesche']It took about two months of emails and customer service postings, but I finally got my address changed on my account. FYI, dilligence pays.....[/quote]

all you have to do to change your address is the next time you buy something at Best Buy B&M tell them you forgot your RZ card. You give them your phone number instead. Then they find you in the system and ask if the address they have for you on file is correct - you say NO. Then you tell them your new address and confirm it on the credit card LCD screen. Done.

[quote name='wildnuts02']all you have to do to change your address is the next time you buy something at Best Buy B&M is tell them you forgot your card. You give them your phone number instead. Then they find you in the system and ask if the address they have for you on file is correct - you say NO. Then you tell them your new address and confirm it on the credit card LCD screen. Done.[/QUOTE]
Actually, they kept asking me if the address info was correct at checkout for about 8 times in a row. It was getting annoying! And then recently it stopped popping that up on the credit card signature screen... I wonder if the cashier can force that to come up for you so you can change it...

I didn't receive this yet in the mail. I wonder if you had to purchase a certain amount or if it's random.

I got this in the mail as well yesterday. I'm going by the store later to figure out how much it's worth a get a psp game. For those who said that they didn't get theirs in the mail yet, I just signed up for the RZ in August and only shoped at the store 3-4 times between then and now and I got mines. What's the 10-12% coupon you guys are talking about?

[quote name='Chadt74']FYI on the $5K it is given out as 10 X $500, read the fine print and the way I read it was you can only use 1 on 1 item.

Anyway I got one and is comes in a trifolded piece of mail and when you open up the mail one edge of the coupon is attached and you just rip it off.

Good luck all.[/quote]
I am sure we could all find a way to use 10 $500 certificates on single items. Such as 10 elite 360 bundles.

Well, I updated my address....pretty painless after I sent an e-mail. They said it would take 10 days to show up online....I'll check back in 2 weeks.

I got that 10/12% Birthday coupon. So How do I get that 12%? It says "When you use you Rewards Zone Membership, Rewards Zone Credit Card or Best Buy Credit Card." I mean, they sent me the coupon BECAUSE I have the RZ card, but not either of the BB credit cards. So can I still get the 12% off? Oh, and the BB Mystery Bucks, I too got a $5 one.

[quote name='SubiDoobieDoo']Oh, and the BB Mystery Bucks, I too got a $5 one.[/QUOTE]
We now know the umpteen zillion people who HAVEN'T gotten one and the few who have, and yet NO ONE has posted what the UPC code is for the $5 Mystery Bucks. ((sigh))

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']We now know the umpteen zillion people who HAVEN'T gotten one and the few who have, and yet NO ONE has posted what the UPC code is for the $5 Mystery Bucks. ((sigh))[/quote]

I would, but I have mine at home. Somebody will step up, if not, I'll post it tomorrow! :D

[quote name='sasukekun']Havent gotten the Mystery bucks, but I got the 10/12% off 3-pack coupons[/QUOTE]
same, so I'm guessing I won't get these "mystery" coupons

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']We now know the umpteen zillion people who HAVEN'T gotten one and the few who have, and yet NO ONE has posted what the UPC code is for the $5 Mystery Bucks. ((sigh))[/QUOTE]

that's cause they think someone will print it out and try to use it before they can. All I want to see is what it looks like , they can easily block out the UPC code.

Heck if I got it I would post it here, but since I have no idea what the hell it looks like all I have is my online reward zone 20 dollars coupon that I earned from spending from them... It could be it, but I doubt it.

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']got $5. Can we stack this with the other reward zone coupons?[/QUOTE]

Read the disclaimer. That's usually the best way to find out if you can use a coupon with another coupon. Most likely not though.

[quote name='quadomatic']Where are you guys getting 10% off coupons?[/QUOTE]

From the Reward Zone program. Inquire and sign up for it at Best Buy. Even if you don't spend that much there you'll still get coupons monthly or bimonthly with 10-12% off savings! It't the best.

[quote name='ITDEFX']that's cause they think someone will print it out and try to use it before they can. All I want to see is what it looks like , they can easily block out the UPC code.[/quote]
I mean TYPE OUT the UPC, not scan the thing! Earlier in the thread, people said that the $5 UPC code last year was the same for all $5 coupons. Why would they go through the trouble of unique codes for every person? They probably just have special UPC codes for each denomination... tracking only the $5k one with that RZ Card.

Got my mystery coupon in the mail today....Ill probably take it in tomorrow and see what its worth. (Gee..Im ASSUMING its $5...but if its $5000...WOO WHEEE its going to be a great Christmas)

All RZ certificates with cash value (such as this promotion) are not considered as coupons. They can be used for anything with no minimum just like gift cards. However, RZ Certs usually expire within a few months and it is a one-time use and you cannot retain the difference.

so wait..........

if I get one of these in the mail, all I do is tell them to scan it and it will tell me if it's worth 5k? So like if I went to buy contra 4 for the ds, and the guy scans it, will it say you have 4,970 balance on that certificate? I seriously doubt that the cashiers know about this promo and probably less than half the store managers know about this deal and will either say it's a bogus coupon or won't let me us it. No way in hell my store will let me use a 5k coupon.

Just wondering if there was a problem, all I have to do is call CS would I get a 5k gift card?

I can see problems with this program now.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I'm going tonight or tomorrow and I'll scan it tonight and post it after I use it and know what its worth if no one else has.[/QUOTE]

thanks

:)

[quote name='ITDEFX']so wait..........

if I get one of these in the mail, all I do is tell them to scan it and it will tell me if it's worth 5k? So like if I went to buy contra 4 for the ds, and the guy scans it, will it say you have 4,970 balance on that certificate? I seriously doubt that the cashiers know about this promo and probably less than half the store managers know about this deal and will either say it's a bogus coupon or won't let me us it. No way in hell my store will let me use a 5k coupon.

Just wondering if there was a problem, all I have to do is call CS would I get a 5k gift card?

I can see problems with this program now.[/quote]

Relax, pal. The one you're holding is a $5. I'm sure you can scan it at any register even before shopping. It sounds complicated but obviously the promotion is to get you down to the store. If you are already at the store you are more likely to buy something.

This is not one of those strange loophole savings that one of us CAG came up with. It's a corporate-wide promotion.

I can see problems with this program now.[/QUOTE]
You don't have one worth 5k, I promise.

So no need to worry :)

Got mine in the mail today. Planning to buy a 360 game, or maybe a Wii game, have yet to decide on what though.

If its only $5, thats still not bad at all.
-----------
[quote name='Abalistar']Too bad both of them posted at the same time, so he probably hadn't seen that post yet.[/quote]

Lol thanks...I saw that a couple seconds after I posted, so I actually went to check the mail after I read that. LOL...Came in today though.

[quote name='chakan']I had to type something, site wouldn't let me simply post two quotes. Sorry if I sounded like a dick.[/quote]

It's all good :D...It happens...

I've never seen a 10% off coupon from Reward Zone...I wonder why not. I've gotten these mystery bucks, but never 10%/12% off coupons.

You can all dream about having more than $5 off, but you will most likely not have more than $5 off.

But, think about this like a stackable $5 off coupon. Thats pretty nice...but I'm not positive that its stackable.

I can see problems with this program now.[/quote]

That would be great, getting a $5000 gc from them, which you could use at really ANY time, as opposed to the coupon which has a set expiration date I believe(Dec 24th I think).

I've already mentioned what I think I'd get with the $5k if I were that lucky(and I doubt I ever would be), so what would everyone else get?

What would be even more hilarious would be if my local stores hadn't cracked down on penny guides hard and they had about a hundred of them out there and I paid for them with the $5 certificate. But, the way it is, I have assloads of them already, so I don't need anymore.

The way it is, I'll probably use my guaranteed $5 certificate on one of the $4.99 Front Row/Front Lane games and pay the difference in change.

The reason I probably got this and others didn't is that I spent about $160 and my one friend spent about $60-80 in the last month or two there, so if you keep making even token purchases, that's how you guarantee yourself to get the coupons and emails and crap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That would be hilarious, getting a $5000 gc from them, which you could use at really ANY time, as opposed to the coupon which has a set expiration date I believe(Dec 24th I think).

I've already mentioned what I think I'd get with the $5k if I were that lucky(and I doubt I ever would be), so what would everyone else get?

What would be even more hilarious would be if my local stores hadn't cracked down on penny guides hard and they had about a hundred of them out there and I paid for them with the $5 certificate.

The way it is, I'll probably use my guaranteed $5 certificate on one of the $4.99 Front Row/Front Lane games and pay the difference in change.[/QUOTE]

Winning the $5000 is like winning the lottery (as only 10 out of the nearly 8 million certificates sent out will win), so that would most likely never happen. But yeah, we can dream.

It's basically a coupon, so there's no balance on it. Just have a cashier scan it before you make a purchase. Go get a coupon from somewhere else on the forum. Use it in combination with this Mystery Bucks certificate (which I think you should be able to do) and then you get $10 off of a $50 game. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='quadomatic']Winning the $5000 is like winning the lottery (as only 10 out of the nearly 8 million certificates sent out will win), so that would most likely never happen. But yeah, we can dream.

It's basically a coupon, so there's no balance on it. Just have a cashier scan it before you make a purchase. Go get a coupon from somewhere else on the forum. Use it in combination with this Mystery Bucks certificate (which I think you should be able to do) and then you get $10 off of a $50 game. Not a bad deal.[/quote]

True, but right now there's no $50 games I really want. But if I got even one of the $50 ones, I'd probably grab the Aqua Teen Hunger Force golfing game and maybe a couple of the front lane games, since I'd try and keep it UNDER the $50.

[quote name='quadomatic']Winning the $5000 is like winning the lottery (as only 10 out of the nearly 8 million certificates sent out will win), so that would most likely never happen. But yeah, we can dream.
.[/quote]
I've often wondered how many sweepsteaks winning pieces are thrown out by people who are uninformed/not participating (think McDonalds Monopoly game). I bet more than 50% of game pieces are ignored.

such bullshit... I used to pay for Reward Zone and buy shit there every Tuesday and I have no mystery anything in my mailbox.

[quote name='wdwpsu']I've often wondered how many sweepsteaks winning pieces are thrown out by people who are uninformed/not participating (think McDonalds Monopoly game). I bet more than 50% of game pieces are ignored.[/quote]

Thing is though, the Monopoly game pieces and contest used to be going on for LONGER than in recent years or it seemed like it to me. Lately though, it's like the contest runs for 2-4 weeks maybe and the pieces expire sooner than before.

I could swear that the McDonalds contest went for 2-3 months in times past, but I think maybe too many people were winning those years, so they shortened the time to a month or less.

I got mine, and it was a $5 one. I bought the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie for 9.99 with it since it was on sale for $14.99.

[quote name='DestroVega']such bullshit... I used to pay for Reward Zone and buy shit there every Tuesday and I have no mystery anything in my mailbox.[/QUOTE]

word.

bread's done
Back