Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

[quote name='DestroVega']such bullshit... I used to pay for Reward Zone and buy shit there every Tuesday and I have no mystery anything in my mailbox.[/QUOTE]

I'll put some mystery in your mailbox.

Sounds good. I already have $25 in Reward Zone gift certificates and now I have at least $5 more coming to me.

received my % off coupons today but no reward certificates.
ill have to see if i use the 12% for a Blu-ray player or just the 10% for a game or 2.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']can you check the value of your buck beforehand, or only once your in the transaction?[/quote] You can do that or go by the customer service area and they'll do it for you. i went by the customer service area and it took them 10sec to check it.

Is the coupon coming in the packet with the standard coupons or is it a separate mailing? I got the 10%/12% off packet in the mail yesterday but didn't see any mystery bucks coupon.

i'm going in tomorrow and demanding my mystery bucks!

i need mystery in my life.

and % off today's leading entertainment merchandise

This is a bit off topic but I have two best buy's in my area and I noticed that @ both they have these big fat guys at the door for their security.lol

ugh. I got the ****ing useless 10%/12% off coupons. I want the mystery bucks now. I mean... it's not as if I don't use my reward zone membership... I've probably put over $1000 on it by now.

I haven't gotten any of these coupons though I've only been a member for about a month. I hope that at least one CAG (prefferably me) gets a cert worth more than 5 or 10 bucks.

[quote name='ShonnyG112']This is a bit off topic but I have two best buy's in my area and I noticed that @ both they have these big fat guys at the door for their security.lol[/QUOTE]

hey... .they're HUSKY, OK?

and mine is the same way

i think they are there in case someone tries to run out with a rock band or guitar hero box

they can block the door more effectively

[quote name='ShonnyG112']They probably mailed some pple the coupons and other the mystery bucks.[/QUOTE]

Nah, ppl in this thread have been getting both. Hopefully I will too.

On a related note. I bought something at Circuit Lousy on Sunday (I needed printer ink and it was there). It had a game piece on there to go to circuitciyt.com and see if you won. I just went there and it told me that the contest was over and that I could not participate. I loathe that store anymore. Their antics are bordering on CompUSA, and we all know what happened to that store.

[quote name='channy']On a side note, on average, how long does it take for your reward points to show up?[/quote]

I'm still waiting for my points to show up from my purchases on Black Friday, which should definitely put me over the total to get a whole $5 RZ cert. Plus, my one friend has one of those keychain cards of mine on her keychain and used it as well.

So, I'm getting DOUBLE the points for BF, since she shopped there too.

I'd be more than happy to let you know the UPC of mine if I knew the value but I am in need of an XBL Gold card and am hoping to see a drop on it for the holidays. If I had a scanner that worked I'd post a pic as well. The UPC is on the back and the "Mystery Buck" card stock is the quality of the stupid "stripper" cards you get on the strip in vegas.

i believe it takes at least a month for the points to be posted to your account (conveniently past the 30 day return period, though if you return it the points are taken away anyway so it doesn't really matter).

got my 12% off reward zone coupon late last week and received these mystery bucks today. Sorry if this is a repeat question but

Would i be able to stack my 12% off reward zone coupon with these mystery bucks

[quote name='khan6831']got my 12% off reward zone coupon late last week and received these mystery bucks today. Sorry if this is a repeat question but

Would i be able to stack my 12% off reward zone coupon with these mystery bucks[/QUOTE]

Don't know... you could tell us by reading the back of both and summarizing... =)

[quote name='Yipcha']I got mine, and it was a $5 one. I bought the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie for 9.99 with it since it was on sale for $14.99.[/quote]

lol, you should have price matched CC and saved $1 :drool:

[quote name='channy']On a side note, on average, how long does it take for your reward points to show up?[/quote]

They post to your account after the return time runs out - so if you buy stuff now its not going to post till after Jan 31st because everything now has an extended return time till Jan 31st.

Scanned a mystery bucks thing today.

Looks like what it is is a big ol' coupon-y thing. UPC indicates which coupon it is, and then the reward zone coupon barcode on the right actually applies the discount. I presume that's to prevent people from passing around a $5000 off UPC and trying to DIY.

Either way, they do exist, but I don't know what the criteria was for their distribution.

[quote name='SackAttack']Scanned a mystery bucks thing today.

Looks like what it is is a big ol' coupon-y thing. UPC indicates which coupon it is, and then the reward zone coupon barcode on the right actually applies the discount. I presume that's to prevent people from passing around a $5000 off UPC and trying to DIY.

Either way, they do exist, but I don't know what the criteria was for their distribution.[/QUOTE]
And so...?!?!? What was your UPC and the value? Geez people, this is not hard. Who really cares what you got with your $5 Myster Bucks or that you didn't get one (boo-hoo). Tell us the codes!

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']And so...?!?!? What was your UPC and the value? Geez people, this is not hard. Who really cares what you got with your $5 Myster Bucks or that you didn't get one (boo-hoo). Tell us the codes![/QUOTE]

You're not going to be able to take the coupon he got and pass it off as your own. I have a feeling that all of these are unique.

If it's your coupon's value you're worried about, just go to Best Buy and SCAN IT. It's not that hard. They let you scan it before you buy something.

[quote name='quadomatic']You're not going to be able to take the coupon he got and pass it off as your own.[/quote]
It was stated at the beginning of this thread that last year the UPC was universal. Everyone who got a $5 one had the same UPC which makes sense. Why would I want to "pass it off as my own"? Typing in the code will not allow me to fake the coupon... especially if it was posted by one of the myriad of people who said "I used my $5 to get [blah blah]". If they're unique, they've been used...

[quote name='quadomatic']If it's your coupon's value you're worried about, just go to Best Buy and SCAN IT. It's not that hard. They let you scan it before you buy something.[/QUOTE]
For some people, five bucks isn't worth driving to their "local" Best Buy. You may have one in your backyard but not everyone does. With gas at $3.25 a gallon, a $5 coupon isn't worth the trip.

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']For some people, five bucks isn't worth driving to their "local" Best Buy. You may have one in your backyard but not everyone does. With gas at $3.25 a gallon, a $5 coupon isn't worth the trip.[/quote]

That depends on whether the CAG is a REAL "cheap ass". A REAL cheap ass would have a bike and ride it everywhere instead of spending money on gas... or a true electric car, with solar panels at home to charge it. Then again, nobody's that nuts.

[quote name='Omatsei']That depends on whether the CAG is a REAL "cheap ass". A REAL cheap ass would have a bike and ride it everywhere instead of spending money on gas... or a true electric car, with solar panels at home to charge it. Then again, nobody's that nuts.[/quote]

lol. I'm expecting my mystery bucks any day now.

[quote name='Omatsei']That depends on whether the CAG is a REAL "cheap ass". A REAL cheap ass would have a bike and ride it everywhere instead of spending money on gas... or a true electric car, with solar panels at home to charge it. Then again, nobody's that nuts.[/quote]

*raises hand* i am!

[quote name='quadomatic']You're not going to be able to take the coupon he got and pass it off as your own. I have a feeling that all of these are unique.

If it's your coupon's value you're worried about, just go to Best Buy and SCAN IT. It's not that hard. They let you scan it before you buy something.[/quote]If they're coupons, then they won't be unique.

If these are RZ certs, then they will be unique.

The numbers under the barcode will make the difference, and will show if they're coupons or RZ certs.

So many angry people at CAG nowadays. Anyways has anyone got these late? I haven't got this yet and i am wondering if i was left out for some horrible reason.

[quote name='abhinav']So many angry people at CAG nowadays. Anyways has anyone got these late? I haven't got this yet and i am wondering if i was left out for some horrible reason.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm not angry. :bouncy:

I got mine in last nights mail. Hope to stop by BB today and see if I'm the $5000 winner! Actually I think the free $5 is pretty cool. Probably pick up that cheap $10 Wii game or maybe a $9 2-disc DVD. Either way I am only out like $5.

Used mine, it rings up as a RZ certificiate. Tried to use the 10% coupon with it and the system wouldn't take it (guess it was too smart and knew that it didn't start till the 7th :( ). Oh well, 1 more christmas gift down.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']aww so far ive only gotten the dumb coupons[/quote]
Same here. I got the coupons yesterday.

I just wrote to RZ and asked them where my damn mystery bucks are.

I'm going to leave my 10/12% coupons laying around one of the stores so someone else finds them and can use them.

This sucks. I havent gotten coupons in the mail for 3 months since i moved.

i called best buy to ask about who to talk to to get my coupon resent for the mystery bucks, and after an hour of run around, I got a supervisor who said they were all..

"RANDOMLY SENT TO EVERYONE, I COULD RECEIVE IT IN A YEAR OR IN A DAY, NEVER KNOW SINCE ITS RANDOM"

I said I was recording the call to mail to corporate to see how poorly I was treated, and she got really rude and hung up. It was funny as hell.. I should upload the audio on youtube and make a video :)

bread's done
Back