Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Mine came today (I got the 10/12% last week). I've been a RZ member since they started and this is my first Mystery Bucks.

Why hasn't anyone posted the UPC before?

There are 2 barcodes on it . . . #1 is the value and #2 (much longer number) must verify the RZ account.

Anyway, my UPC #1 is 4 00081 55685 2

Haven't been to BB yet, but its safe to assume that this is the $5 one--I never win anything.

Anyone else have this UPC?

[quote name='informer']My UPC was also 00081 55685 so I assume that UPC is the $5 one.

informer[/quote]
I also have this UPC... it has to be the $5 one.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']I also have this UPC... it has to be the $5 one.[/quote]
As do I. No sense in racing to Best Buy. I'll also stop planning what the 5 grand was going to buy me.

[quote name='informer']My UPC was also 00081 55685 so I assume that UPC is the $5 one.
[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I guess I'll plan on using that when I price match Zach and Wiki next week.

Mine arrived today.[quote name='informer']My UPC was also 00081 55685 so I assume that UPC is the $5 one.[/quote]Ditto.

Is there someplace online that you enter your code and find out how much money your card is worth? Also, where is the UPC? On the back of the card, there's numbers, but I don't see "00081 55685" like a bunch of you guys are seeing.

Is there someplace online that you enter your code and find out how much money your card is worth? Also, where is the UPC? On the back of the card, there's numbers, but I don't see "00081 55685" like a bunch of you guys are seeing.

informer[/quote]
damn it all... thats the one i had as well... what is something good can you get for 5-10 dollars from bestbuy?

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I got 2 Best Buy packets inthe mail tonight..Both contained 10-12% off:cry: No mystery Bucks[/quote]

lol that sucks

Woah, Zach and Wiki is $30 at CC, thx for the pricmatching tip earlier

With the coupon it'll be $25...too bad I can't use the 10% coupon on top of it to get it for nearly $20...

[quote name='PKRipp3r']hey... .they're HUSKY, OK?

and mine is the same way

i think they are there in case someone tries to run out with a rock band or guitar hero box

they can block the door more effectively[/quote]
Don't you think that they cannot run after...?

I am still waiting. My boyfriend got 10% coupon but no mystery buck, too bad.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I got 2 Best Buy packets inthe mail tonight..Both contained 10-12% off:cry: No mystery Bucks[/quote]

Same

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']And so...?!?!? What was your UPC and the value? Geez people, this is not hard. Who really cares what you got with your $5 Myster Bucks or that you didn't get one (boo-hoo). Tell us the codes![/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me, sir.

I work at Best Buy. When I say 'scanned it,' I mean as part of a transaction for which I was behind the register.

You further misunderstood me - the UPC is universal, and that's how they can tell you how much you got without actually redeeming the RZ mystery bucks. The other barcode doodad is the RZ certificate itself, and *that's* the one that's very likely unique. The barcode scan tells you how much you got, so that if you got $5000, you can jump for joy, then run around and find $5000+ worth of goodies to buy.

Then you redeem it the same as any other RZ certificate once you're ready to check out.

my mystery is over...it was for $5...used it and picked up SSBM for the gamecube for my little brother in law as a gift.

[quote name='WiiGame']damn it all... thats the one i had as well... what is something good can you get for 5-10 dollars from bestbuy?[/quote]

You can get Aquaman for Xbox from their Front Lane games selection for $4.99.

Oh wait, you said something GOOD!!! Honestly, check out the BB Front Lane games thread, cause on the first page is the listing of all the $4.99 games.

There's some real stinkers on that list, but Just Cause for the Xbox for $4.99 is a good pick, if you like GTA clones. Or Demon Stone(Forgotten Realms RPG game) or really about a half dozen to a dozen other games.

Seriously though, get Aquaman, it's the best value for your money, since once you get sick of its putridness, you can use the disc as a frisbee and/or a coaster.

Oh and I got the millionaires special amount, of $5 fuckin dollars too. I picked up a copy of Malice for the Xbox.

I'd heard of the game, but never saw it as a FL game, so I figured for 29 cents I'd give it a shot.

I didnt even know i was RWZ member till i got this in the mail. It had my whole name on it and everything... kind of wierd. I dont remember ever signing up.

[quote name='darksidechaos']I didnt even know i was RWZ member till i got this in the mail. It had my whole name on it and everything... kind of wierd. I dont remember ever signing up.[/quote]

Yeah, this is bullshit! I've bought over $1000 worth of stuff in the past 6 months. What do I get in the mail today? A 10%-12% coupon booklet. Oh, a Mystery Bucks booklet also came as well but guess who it was addressed to...my dad! My dad doesn't even know what RZ is and he said he never signed up for it. He won't let me have it DARN!

maybe they're sending it to people who don't spend a lot of money because they know everyone else will spend their money in BB regardless.

10/12 coupons here, no bucks.

[quote name='nintendokid']Yeah, this is bullshit! I've bought over $1000 worth of stuff in the past 6 months. What do I get in the mail today? A 10%-12% coupon booklet. Oh, a Mystery Bucks booklet also came as well but guess who it was addressed to...my dad! My dad doesn't even know what RZ is and he said he never signed up for it. He won't let me have it DARN![/quote]

LOL I think if I've bought $250 worth of crap from BB in the past 2 years it's a miracle and even then, I wait and buy stuff that's only on sale(loss leaders) or buy stuff with credit I have(like my new PStwo with cred from my cashed in PRP on my old Xbox).

It's just the luck of the draw I guess, as some will get the % off coupons, others will get the mystery bucks.

I'm calling CS tomorrow and ask them why I have not received this reward zone mystery buck...chances are there is a "No purchase necessary, for a free mystery buck, send a SASE to BB..."

I got the 10/12 coupons as well. Three people in the house have a membership and spend tons of money there and all we got were coupons.

[quote name='SackAttack'] The barcode scan tells you how much you got, so that if you got $5000, you can jump for joy, then run around and find $5000+ worth of goodies to buy.[/quote]
While the rest of your explanation is spot-on, the T's & C's on my cert say that if I happen to get $5k, I actually have to call in, and they'll send me ten $500 certs that are good through the end of March. Which is okay, I suppose, if I'm allowed to use more than one on a transaction--I can't tell based on my reading.

Also annoying me is this equal-or-greater thing. I can't actually buy a $499.99 item with a $500 cert, it looks like--I'd need to add a pack of gum or something and pay for that out of my own pocket. If I were to get the big cash-in, I'd have some serious calculator-based shopping to do, heh.

[quote name='nintendokid']Yeah, this is bullshit! I've bought over $1000 worth of stuff in the past 6 months. What do I get in the mail today? A 10%-12% coupon booklet. Oh, a Mystery Bucks booklet also came as well but guess who it was addressed to...my dad! My dad doesn't even know what RZ is and he said he never signed up for it. He won't let me have it DARN![/QUOTE]
What's a little more bullshit-y is that you're able to spend over $1K at BB in 6 months but still live with your parents? ;)

Thanks to those who finally posted the $5 UPC. I have too much stuff to do Christmas-wise without standing in a long BB line to find out it is only a $5 certificate! I can wait to use it later!

[quote name='nintendokid']Yeah, this is bullshit! I've bought over $1000 worth of stuff in the past 6 months. What do I get in the mail today? A 10%-12% coupon booklet. Oh, a Mystery Bucks booklet also came as well but guess who it was addressed to...my dad! My dad doesn't even know what RZ is and he said he never signed up for it. He won't let me have it DARN![/QUOTE]

Okay, why would Best Buy send these out to customers who have been spending a lot of money there recently? They are going to send them to customers who haven't shopped at Best Buy lately, lets say the last 6 months. The customer gets this coupon and sees they are guaranteed $5. They figure its free money and should spend it. This gets the customer into the store and BB hopes that they buy more than they planned to originally.

The amount you have spent has nothing to do with this. My fiance and I have spent about $4000-$5000 in the last 9-12 months (56" LCD tv 36" LCD computers, dig. cameras etc.) and my roommate has spent about $200 over the same time period and we both received our's in the mail yesterday.

just curious -- for those of you who received these mystery bucks -- did you have a $5 or more reward zone bonus due?

I'm wondering if they are sending these out only to folks who would normally be receiving their $5 + coupons.

I've spent about $4000 at BestBuy within the last 6 months...and I got the coupon book.

My coworker, who hasn't been to a BestBuy within the last year (and has no clue WTF a 'reward zone card' even is), received the giftcard.

[quote name='daminion']just curious -- for those of you who received these mystery bucks -- did you have a $5 or more reward zone bonus due?

I'm wondering if they are sending these out only to folks who would normally be receiving their $5 + coupons.[/quote]

No, they are on top of whatever $5 rz bucks you are due, if any. These are completely seperate from your points/ RZ bucks.

Kinda pissed... been with them when the program was GOOD even though you had to pay for it, now the whole reward zone is a joke. And all i get are these 10% off coupons. WHOOPDIFREAKINDO!

[quote name='Aoskar']Kinda pissed... been with them when the program was GOOD even though you had to pay for it, now the whole reward zone is a joke. And all i get are these 10% off coupons. WHOOPDIFREAKINDO![/quote]

same here except after changing my address recently, i don't get anything anymore - not even the 10% off coupons.. :bomb:

bread's done
Back