Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I think you only get the Mystery Bucks if you haven't shoped at bestbuy for a while. My Parents got one, and they haven't got anything from bestbuy since Aug. I just got the cupon Book.
Also note, they paid for the Reward Zone card, while I got mine for free.

[quote name='ravenfury']I think you only get the Mystery Bucks if you haven't shoped at bestbuy for a while. My Parents got one, and they haven't got anything from bestbuy since Aug. I just got the cupon Book.
Also note, they paid for the Reward Zone card, while I got mine for free.[/quote]

Hate to shoot down your theory but I buy something from BB every week and I got them.

You can print out the reward certificates online, why not this too? BB is 45 miles from me and I was in town yesterday and of course I still don't have the mailing.

I think the conclusion we can draw from this is that the distribution is pretty frickin' random. That or BB is using some bizzare equation based on shopping habits that we aren't likely to decipher (and even if someone could its not like you could go back in time and change the way you shop (nor would you want to))

[quote name='johnwashere']I got $5,000!!!!!! Time to buy a new tv :)[/quote]

Ummmm congrats, unless you're just yanking our chains. But, did you read the actual certificate. They're giving you TEN $500 off certificates to use on TEN SEPERATE purchases.

Believe me, I thought about that too, just using it all on one massive purchase if I got the $5k. Ain't gonna happen though...

[quote name='Aoskar']Kinda pissed... been with them when the program was GOOD even though you had to pay for it, now the whole reward zone is a joke. And all i get are these 10% off coupons. WHOOPDIFREAKINDO![/QUOTE]

When I first joined was about 2 or 3 years ago when I got my PC. The guy said it was 10 bucks but I would get about 30 or 40 back from geting the PC, so it was pay 10 bucks for a 30 or 40 dollar but I have to use them at Best Buy and the item has to be more then what they gave me. So I said screw it and joined. Now if I get the 10% off coupons they are 1-3 days old atleast and I can not use them if I wanted to.

[quote name='shrike4242']I call shenanigans. Let's see some proof.[/QUOTE]

agreed......... pics/scans or IT'S A FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='johnwashere']I got $5,000!!!!!! Time to buy a new tv :)[/quote]
[quote name='equest943']seriously?[/quote]
[quote name='johnwashere']no :([/quote] lol

[quote name='Bune']keep reading, guys. he did post again, you know.[quote name='johnwashere']no :([/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

johnwashere needs to burn in hell for this then..

who the fuck would brag about getting a 5k BBMB then deny he got it?!?!?

I mean if you got it, post it..if not STFU!

[quote name='ITDEFX']johnwashere needs to burn in hell for this then..

who the fuck would brag about getting a 5k BBMB then deny he got it?!?!?

I mean if you got it, post it..if not STFU![/quote]
Dude, calm down.

He said he didn't really get it like 5 minutes after he posted the first one.

It's not like he went 5 days letting people believe he got it.

Seriously.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Dude, calm down.

He said he didn't really get it like 5 minutes after he posted the first one.

It's not like he went 5 days letting people believe he got it.

Seriously.[/QUOTE]

true, but what's wrong with people not wanting to post what it looks like. They don't have to post the barcodes or any other number, just show us what it looks like so people can look out for it.

simple request. People who got it, congrats, people like me who didn't get it, oh well.

Got mine in the mail today, plus a regular 5$ reward zone certificate yesterday, but I highly doubt they're stackable. Either way, nows a good time to head to best buy and snag Evil Aliens.

[quote name='addicted2games']I only get the 10%/12% off coupons all the time. Why dont I get the mystery bucks? Maybe you have to have their credit card.[/quote]

Nope, I got the mystery bucks, but I don't have a best buy credit card

reward zone certificates are, to quote several employees and I think their online policy or whatever "just as good as cash", so you should be able to stack reward zone certs with anything.

[quote name='imascrub']reward zone certificates are, to quote several employees and I think their online policy or whatever "just as good as cash", so you should be able to stack reward zone certs with anything.[/QUOTE]

I stacked $10 in RZ certs with my $5 coupon and was able to get one of those new gaming guitar bags for $99 plus tax. I was concerned that it wouldn't work with my RB Fender, but it fits very nicely.

Some dill-hole in front of me while I was in line trying to get my instore pickup had one of those coupons. It rang up as $5 for him. He got pissed, like seriously pissed. THEN, he started arguing with the manager saying he should get $5 in cash because the thing said "no purchase necessary". Yeah asshat, Bestbuy is just going to mail you money... some people are seriously unstable.

Oh, and I've gotten my 10/12% coupons, but no instant cash coupon yet. :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']true, but what's wrong with people not wanting to post what it looks like. They don't have to post the barcodes or any other number, just show us what it looks like so people can look out for it.

simple request. People who got it, congrats, people like me who didn't get it, oh well.[/QUOTE]

I got mine last week and just scanned it without the bar codes for those who want to see what it looks like, mine has the numbers 0008155685 which others have reported as only being worth 5 dollars.

Front with name blacked out:
front1.jpg

Back without barcodes:
back.jpg

I, too, have yet to get this and as I stated before I've been a RZ member since 2003. I did get a set of coupons to use this weekend - the standard 10%/12% fare that excludes all the good stuff ;). I looked all over the envelope they came in and don't see anything about these Mystery Bucks.

[quote name='vader29']I got mine last week and just scanned it without the bar codes for those who want to see what it looks like, mine has the numbers 0008155685 which others have reported as only being worth 5 dollars.

Front with name blacked out:
front1.jpg

Back without barcodes:
back.jpg
[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU VADER29!!!!

holy shit I think I have 1 somewhere. :)

now I gotta dig thru my damn messy computer room to find it.

I only have the coupons. Damnit. Anyone gotten the mystery bucks after receiving the coupons, or do they generally come at the same time?

[quote name='io']I, too, have yet to get this and as I stated before I've been a RZ member since 2003. I did get a set of coupons to use this weekend - the standard 10%/12% fare that excludes all the good stuff ;). I looked all over the envelope they came in and don't see anything about these Mystery Bucks.[/quote]

Same here, other than I've been a member since 02. Getting annoyed that it hasn't arrived yet.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']Some dill-hole in front of me while I was in line trying to get my instore pickup had one of those coupons. It rang up as $5 for him. He got pissed, like seriously pissed. THEN, he started arguing with the manager saying he should get $5 in cash because the thing said "no purchase necessary". Yeah asshat, Bestbuy is just going to mail you money... some people are seriously unstable.

Oh, and I've gotten my 10/12% coupons, but no instant cash coupon yet. :([/quote]

LOL That's funny. I would've been like 'if you don't want it, give it to me', even though I'm pretty sure they have to scan your actual RZ card to make sure this doesn't happen.

Either way, I may crack open my 29 cent copy of Malice I grabbed for XBox with this cert the other night. Or, maybe I'll open it and just use the disc as a coaster if it's a bad game. Either way, I'm still happy, I got another game to add to the collection for less than a buck.

Now, if I'd only tried the coupon I got last year, instead of turning it into confetti.

LOL, at anyone hoping for a 5k coupon..this is like what McDonalds does with there Monopoly game. No one wins anything other than a free frosty or small fries..(trust me, I used to work there and one night me and a friend stole about 4 huge boxes of cups, went home and spent an hour tearing off those stickers only to be left with 50 free "small fries" coupons:cry: )

[quote name='MR STROKE']LOL, at anyone hoping for a 5k coupon..this is like what McDonalds does with there Monopoly game. No one wins anything other than a free frosty or small fries..(trust me, I used to work there and one night me and a friend stole about 4 huge boxes of cups, went home and spent an hour tearing off those stickers only to be left with 50 free "small fries" coupons:cry: )[/QUOTE]

lol that's what you get for stealing from work :)

bread's done
Back