Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

[quote name='Danimal']Add me to the growing list of people who have gotten the 10-12% thing, but not the Mystery Bucks mailing. :whistle2:x[/quote]

Same here and I've got a $5 RZ cert burning a hole in my pocket...

[quote name='space_monkey']Same here and I've got a $5 RZ cert burning a hole in my pocket...[/QUOTE]

hehe,

I got a $20

$10 from what I earned the normal way

then the extra $10 from that Summer of Entertainment program that I did qualify for but the buttholes didn't send me an email to claim it or never sent me the actual certificate. According to their records it expired in September but since I never got it and never redeemed it, they gave me 500 points :)

But the chances of that 20$ certificate being a MB is 5%.

my sister got hers in the mail 3 days ago and was ready to toss it in the garbage without even looking at it! i still havent gotten mine though. i gotta tell her she almost threw out at least 5 dollars

[quote name='DualDisorder']All I got was a couple 10/12% coupons. Why must you toy with my feelings Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
same here, how sad :(

On the front it says
"POSTMASTER DELIVER DECEMBER 1-4"

I'm guessing if you haven't got one, you ain't gettin' one

I got a $20 one, when the cashier scanned it she went to say its for 5 then cut herself off, double checked it, and shes like "wow its for $20 this is the first one that i've got thats been more than $5 and i've been scanning these for days". Then she proceeded to run over to another employee and tell them and they were shocked and couldnt believe it. Was pretty funny, when the best buy employees are shocked over a $20 one, just imagine how rare the higher dollar ones are.

[quote name='h2dk']On the front it says

I'm guessing if you haven't got one, you ain't gettin' one[/QUOTE]

discrimination i tell ya!! :)

[quote name='h2dk']On the front it says

I'm guessing if you haven't got one, you ain't gettin' one[/quote]

sniff! anyone wanna boycott bb with me?;)

[quote name='freshzen']I didn't get anything =\

I wonder if they saw I purchased penny guides and decided I wasn't deserving :([/quote]

LOL If they didn't send them to people who bought penny guides, then I think BB would actually NEVER send me anything. Between the penny guides and that one instance where Prima guides were $10 off(even the $10 ones, making them come up .00), I think I'd seriously be SO f'n L.

[quote name='ITDEFX']lol that's what you get for stealing from work :)[/QUOTE]
A bunch of free food? That doesn't sound like a punishment.

[quote name='io']Wait, what? People got these last year? I've been a RZ member since 2003 and I never got one of these before. Meh...[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I still don't have one, certainly didn't have one last year.

If I got one, I'd buy a greatest hits game at the least.

I just got the typical 10% off coupons they always give out in the mail today. And that's for something that started YESTERDAY.

I got no coupons this year or last year and I've been a member since they first started the RewardZone program (they sent me info in the mail and signed me up for free the first year when it was $9.95). I wonder how they determine who gets coupons because I spend more money than I should at that store (maybe they figure I'm already shopping there and I don't need anymore enticing). I've also noticed on 2 occasions when I got my 10/12% off coupons I've seen other people at BB with the same coupons but for 20% off that they said they got in the mail......that just pisses me off.

[quote name='woodcan']I got no coupons this year or last year and I've been a member since they first started the RewardZone program (they sent me info in the mail and signed me up for free the first year when it was $9.95). I wonder how they determine who gets coupons because I spend more money than I should at that store (maybe they figure I'm already shopping there and I don't need anymore enticing). I've also noticed on 2 occasions when I got my 10/12% off coupons I've seen other people at BB with the same coupons but for 20% off that they said they got in the mail......that just pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. They should give all their RZ customers the same exact deals. They suck as far as I am concerned.

Well, took mine to BB and bought SceneIt. Got 5$, the lady at CS said all the codes are the same for each amount. Didn't even scan it, she had the 5$ code memorized.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Same with me. I still don't have one, certainly didn't have one last year.

I just got the typical 10% off coupons they always give out in the mail today. And that's for something that started YESTERDAY.[/quote]

Wow, I thought this was something new. I definitely didn't get one last year, or any year they've done this since I've been a member. Makes me a little mad considering how much I've spent in the store.

I'll post too... I only got the 10/12% coupons. I have two coworkers who got their mystery buck coupons, and one of them has only been a member for about 3 months.

[quote name='pete5883']A bunch of free food? That doesn't sound like a punishment.[/quote]

LOL Free food is a punishment if you've ever worked with me. The one place I worked at, people would take sips outta yer soda, though many people kept their open soda bottles in the fridge in almost the same spot so it coulda been an honest mistake.

But, I determined a way to tell if my soda had been opened by anyone but me, by marking the seal with permanent black marker and lining it up. If it was moved, someone took a drink and I didn't touch the damned thing for the rest of the night. From then on out, I kept my drink by my workstation, but I left the soda sippers a couple 'surprise' drinks. :lol: :lol:

First night that I left them a 'surprise' drink, I opened a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi and took about 5 large gulps. Did I mention I had a cold at that time too? Well, I then proceeded to uhhhh 'fill the bottle back up'......................with backwash.

And the second time, I chugged about a quarter of the bottle and made sure it was Pepsi with lemon in it, then I added magnesium citrate which has a lemony smell to it to fill the bottle back up.

Needless to say, I ended up finding out who it was who kept drinking my soda, since one of my co-workers had to 'run to the bathroom' about 30 minutes after we came back from lunch and every 20 minutes for the rest of the night.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
And the second time, I chugged about a quarter of the bottle and made sure it was Pepsi with lemon in it, then I added magnesium citrate which has a lemony smell to it to fill the bottle back up.

Needless to say, I ended up finding out who it was who kept drinking my soda, since one of my co-workers had to 'run to the bathroom' about 30 minutes after we came back from lunch and every 20 minutes for the rest of the night.[/QUOTE]

Magnesium Citrate? hahahaha nice :applause:

[quote name='Coper3000']Haven't got mine and don't plan on it. Thats my luck.[/quote] Same here, and I think I signed up around September too.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Same with me. I still don't have one, certainly didn't have one last year.

I just got the typical 10% off coupons they always give out in the mail today. And that's for something that started YESTERDAY.[/quote]

I got the exact same coupon set yesterday for 12/7 to 12/10, but no mystery thing. (But, it does have the 10% off coupon for video games.)

Oh well, I got my free $250 BB gift card a few weeks ago, so I'll probably use that 10% coupon with that tomorrow for some christmas shopping. (Although, I'd never turn down an extra free $5! :lol: )

it even says right on the coupon your odds of getting anything higher than $5. and I dont see how anyone can be upset about these coupons because $5 is $5! don't complain about not getting anything higher.:roll:

[quote name='newmodel']Well, took mine to BB and bought SceneIt. Got 5$, the lady at CS said all the codes are the same for each amount. Didn't even scan it, she had the 5$ code memorized.[/QUOTE]
that's bull as the codes have to be different for the different amounts. What other way is there to differentiate between them? you had an idiot cashier.

[quote name='Bune']that's bull as the codes have to be different for the different amounts. What other way is there to differentiate between them? you had an idiot cashier.[/QUOTE]

Depending upon how you interpret his comment, that's exactly what the cashier said ;)

[quote name='rainybutterfly']it even says right on the coupon your odds of getting anything higher than $5. and I dont see how anyone can be upset about these coupons because $5 is $5! don't complain about not getting anything higher.:roll:[/quote]

Yeah, but at least they are getting SOMETHING. Some of us are getting the big shaft by receiving NOTHING.

Still have not received my mystery bucks yet, wtf! Nor any reward zone coupons in years that could've helped a lot with the gifts I just bought, may start to take my business elsewhere BB.

I e-mailed Best Buy about it and got a response stating that mystery bucks are assigned at random. Since it seems that a LOT of people here have them, I strongly suspect someone at my local post office is taking them.

[quote name='J7.']Still have not received my mystery bucks yet, wtf! Nor any reward zone coupons in years that could've helped a lot with the gifts I just bought, may start to take my business elsewhere BB.[/quote]

where? to Circuit City where the program doesn't exist at all? \\:D/

[quote name='guyinga']I strongly suspect someone at my local post office is taking them.[/QUOTE]

Yea but it won't work for them as I believe you need to scan your reward zone card first then the card...that would be pretty stupid for best buy to send out random gift certificates worth more then 5 dollars to be redeemed by anyone outside of your card. That would be like Publisher's clearance house sending a live check for 2 million dollars in your mail. Without verification, it ain't gonna work.

bread's done
Back