Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

At this point, I'm not going to even bother expecting it. Maybe since I've spent so much in the store they think I'll come in no matter what, so no point sending me some Mystery Bucks.

[quote name='Ryukahn']At this point, I'm not going to even bother expecting it. Maybe since I've spent so much in the store they think I'll come in no matter what, so no point sending me some Mystery Bucks.[/quote]

Yeah but I rarely buy anything there, so that reasoning is already defeated.

I think they just sent them out "randomly" which in itself is bullshit.

They had x amount of these to send out and they sent them alphabetically. Thus I got 1 as my name begins with B. :bouncy:

My membership is under the wifey's name and her initials are A.A., and I still didn't get one- so either it is completey random or my mail guy sucks:roll:

There's a similar discussion going on at the myrewardzone.com message board. I think best Buy sent you either the 10/12% off coupons or the mystery bucks. If you are a frequent shopper you get the % off coupons, if you don't shop there a ton, the mystery bucks are sent to you in order to entice you to shop there more.

[quote name='ryanflucas']There's a similar discussion going on at the myrewardzone.com message board. I think best Buy sent you either the 10/12% off coupons or the mystery bucks. If you are a frequent shopper you get the % off coupons, if you don't shop there a ton, the mystery bucks are sent to you in order to entice you to shop there more.[/quote]
i don't know... i received neither, which is weird because i always get the coupons -- even last month, but nothing in December.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I've been a Reward Zone member for probably 4-5 years and I've NEVER received anything like this, not this year or ever...
-Goatman[/quote]

Same here, just the 10/12% off coupon. I might bite with $5.00 cert, especially for All Pro 2K8.

Oh well, cake isn't the only lie, I guess.

[quote name='ryanflucas']There's a similar discussion going on at the myrewardzone.com message board. I think best Buy sent you either the 10/12% off coupons or the mystery bucks. If you are a frequent shopper you get the % off coupons, if you don't shop there a ton, the mystery bucks are sent to you in order to entice you to shop there more.[/QUOTE]

Interesting marketing on their part. Oh well I used my 12% of an item and saved over $20 so I guess it was better than a free $5 anyhow. Strange that they pick and chose who to give their promotions to.

[quote name='ryanflucas']There's a similar discussion going on at the myrewardzone.com message board. I think best Buy sent you either the 10/12% off coupons or the mystery bucks. If you are a frequent shopper you get the % off coupons, if you don't shop there a ton, the mystery bucks are sent to you in order to entice you to shop there more.[/QUOTE]
makes sense.

Got Bioshock for the X-Box 360 for $40.49 with my 10% off coupon instead of the $44.99 it's on sale for.:D

I don't think I got one of these in the mail but I'm a RZ member. However I did find a 10% coupon for games for RZ members here. It expires on 12/16 though. Anyone know how chill Best Buy is normally with using coupons a day after expiriation? We had a big storm here today so I had no chance going out there.

[quote name='addicted2games']makes sense.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what "frequent shopper" counts as? I don't really go there that much anymore since they don't really do sales anymore, but I suppose I buy a few things a year.

Haven't even used my % off coupons in ages, as they're not really a very good deal unless there's some kind of sale.

The 10% coupons would be great, but I can never use them on an item that is on sale at my BB. Whenever I see a reward zone mailer the words letter bomb come to mind. I think one day my mailbox will explode from the BB and USAA crap I get.

[quote name='Indiana']Interesting marketing on their part. Oh well I used my 12% of an item and saved over $20 so I guess it was better than a free $5 anyhow. Strange that they pick and chose who to give their promotions to.[/quote]

Yeah that's pretty lame considering those 10% off coupons were only good for 3 days or so while the "mystery bucks" is good until Christmas Eve or so.

Not to mention the 10% off coupons are almost a monthly thing (which I never use) so it is all a moot point to me.

I mean the 10% is all nice and dandy if you are buying a new TV, but for some like me who just wants a game, it doesn't mean squat especially compared to a free $5 GC.

I didn't think my wife and I were frequent enough shoppers at BB to warrant the 10/12% coupon, but it showed up. I was really hoping to see some Mystery Bucks. C'est la vie.

Maybe I should open another RZ account and rarely use it...

[quote name='allyourblood']i don't know... i received neither, which is weird because i always get the coupons -- even last month, but nothing in December.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

well my mom, dad, aunt and brother are not frequent shoppers , reward zone members and they didn't even get a 10/12 percent coupon nor a 5 dollar one. Yet I drop about 3-4k a year with them and all I get is a 10/12 percent coupon??

Best buy should just give 10%/12% off to all reward zone members all the time (similar to Barns and Nobles discount program), and not wait on coupons.

Oh well.

How can anyone really complain about getting 5 bucks FREE? BB hasn't sent me
squat since my old paid RZ expired. I've received nothing from them after getting the free RZ membership. Nada!

They must hate me for the manic splurge on the frontlane games when I first got my PSP. No goodies for me = no goodies for them. Of course I'll set foot in there to pricematch a deal just to poke'em with my pitchfork.

Well I got both. I got the mystery bucks in the mail which was good for $5 off and got the 10%/12% off coupons via e-mail which I proceeded to save $109 off a new HDTV :)

bread's done
Back