Best Buy Reward Zone: Summer of Entertainment $10 GC for every $100 spent. Ends 8/25

chair_home

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Okay, I know its been in the "fine print" of Speedy's weekly ads since the beginning of July, but I didn't notice it until last week. If this doesn't deserve its own thread, feel free to reprimand me and delete/lock the thread.

Terms and conditions
[quote name='Best Buy']Reward Zone Program Summer of Entertainment
Registration & Entertainment Certificate Offer
Terms & Conditions

1. Eligibility: To participate, you must be a Best Buy Reward Zone program member in good standing, 13 years of age or older, and register for the Summer of Entertainment offer as set forth below. Employees of Best Buy and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Offer valid in 50 United States and District of Columbia. If you are not a Reward Zone program member, you may join online at www.myrewardzone.com or at any participating Best Buy store; however, if you join at a Best Buy store, you may not be able to register online for the Summer of Entertainment offer for up to 36 hours after store enrollment. Reward Zone program membership is subject to the Reward Zone Program Rules and Terms & Conditions.

2. Registration: Log on to www.myrewardzone.com with your member I.D. and password between 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on 7/1/07 and 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 8/25/07 and follow online instructions to register for the Summer of Entertainment offer and complete an optional survey.

3. Spending Account: From 12:00:01 a.m. CT on date of successful registration through 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 8/25/07, your dollars spent at participating Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com for the following products ("Product") will be credited to your Summer of Entertainment spending account: CDs (77); Music Subscriptions (187); Video Game Software (92); PC Game Software (101); Next Generation Movies (76); and DVDs (126). Present your Reward Zone program membership card at time of transaction. A $10 Entertainment Certificate ("Certificate") will be issued for each $100 credited to your Summer of Entertainment spending account (no partial Certificates issued). You will receive a $10 credit toward your first $100 spent upon successful registration and completion of the survey (survey required; $10 credit not given for registration alone).

4. Redemption of Entertainment Certificates: Entertainment Certificates (a) are redeemable in a single transaction toward the purchase of the above Products with a total purchase amount (excluding taxes, shipping and handling) equal to or greater than Certificate value; (b) are valid only at participating Best Buy stores located in the U.S. during normal store hours; (c) are not valid for online purchases; (d) are valid through 11/1/07; (e) are not redeemable for cash, no change will be given back on redemption; (f) are valid on in-stock items only, no rain checks; (g) are not valid on prior purchases or as payment on your Best Buy credit card or Reward Zone program MasterCard card; and (h) will not be replaced if lost, stolen or expired. Value of redeemed Certificates will not be credited to Summer of Entertainment spending account. No photocopies or facsimiles accepted. Certificate value is 1/100 of 1 cent. No cash refunds. Even exchange for the value of the original product or returns will receive a store credit for the purchase amount less the value of the redeemed Certificate. Not valid with any other offers. Offer may be withdrawn or modified in whole or in part at any time.

5. Conditions of Participation: Participants agree that Best Buy Stores, L.P., and its parent entity, subsidiaries and affiliates and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents ("Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by participants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or any promotion related activity. None of the Released Parties, nor any of their respective agencies are responsible or liable for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or any printing, production, typographical, human or other errors in the printing, offering or announcement of this promotion.
[/quote]

Basically, if you already have a BB Reward Zone membership, login online, and find the link that says "Summer of Entertainment". Click on it, fill out the appropriate info, and it will from that point on track your entertainment (DVDs, music, games, etc) purchases and award you an "SoE" gift certificate for $10 for every $100 spent. If you fill out the little survey upon registration, they'll give you a $10 credit towards your first $100.

I think its worth it to register and do the survey. I've already printed out my first SoE cert with no problem. Promotion ends August 25 :whistle2:(. Wish I found it sooner.

If you make a purchase and return it do you get to keep the points? I only ask because when you make a pruchase the points aren't pending like normal reward zone points

[quote name='nazrad']If you make a purchase and return it do you get to keep the points? I only ask because when you make a pruchase the points aren't pending like normal reward zone points[/quote]I'm quite sure they'll just deduct points. But I'll let you know when I exchange a DVD for one $5 cheaper today.

[quote name='nazrad']If you make a purchase and return it do you get to keep the points? I only ask because when you make a pruchase the points aren't pending like normal reward zone points[/quote]
Yep that's a loophole. You can return items and points aren't subtracted. I found this out after returning a few games because I decided to purchase a PS3 and needed the money.

I can't say for sure, but I do know that I bought some stuff last Tuesday to get past the 1st $100 mark, and the certificate that I printed says that it was issued on the 7th. So there might be a delay. That probably doesn't answer your question though, sorry!

This has been going on for WEEKS, you need to do a better job of checking your reward zone account online, it's right there on the main page.

This also shouldn't be posted in this forum me thinks.

[quote name='chernggoh']I can't believe I didn't know about this before today... I must have bought at least 2-4 games in the last month[/quote]
re-buy and return.

Yeah the points don't get subtracted for this but they do for your normal Reward Zone points. So buy and return away!...jk

EDIT: I was calculating the reward zone points and the Summer of Ent. points and they do match. :( That means they do subtract if you return. I only buy entertainment products too.

[quote name='lawdood']This has been going on for WEEKS, you need to do a better job of checking your reward zone account online, it's right there on the main page.

This also shouldn't be posted in this forum me thinks.[/QUOTE]

Well, judging from some of the responses, I don't think I'm the only one that's missed out on it. I only log on to my reward zone account to print out GCs when I know I have one. And also, its a deal, and there wasn't a post here, so I don't see why it shouldn't be posted. I've only seen it covered on the weekly ads threads.

For the person asking how to login, go to www.myrewardzone.com

Yeah...this worst thing about this is that the people that didnt know about this are screwed because you had to register online at the rewardzone site to be able to get in on this deal.

Been using. too bad my ps3 didnt count torwards it. already received one certificate. and used its torwards 300 so i wouldnt have to wait for it in the mail. and im about $40 short for the next one. they should keep this all year round for movies and games.

[quote name='catapult37']Would a pre-order count toward this?[/QUOTE]

doubt it, unless it comes out before the end-- they don't charge your card, and the deal will be over.

I've gotten $20 back so far, not sure if I can make it to $30 without just buying random crap I don't REALLY want.... but it's been a great deal for stuff I'd be getting anyway. :)

(I'm like $85 short to the next cert..)

Today :

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Sig.[/quote]

Yesterday :

[quote name='CocheseUGA']
In an effort to be less annoying, I think I'm no longer going to contribute to the VGD forum.[/quote]

Fail.

I started receiving $10 Entertainment Certificates two weeks after the program started, and when I know I didn't spend even $100 yet. This implies to me that Reward Zone purchases made in June (that just got credited after their 30 day return period ended) actually counted toward the points I earned in this program. Anyone else experience this?

So I've had $20 in certificates come my way so far. I haven't looked too much at my Rewards Zone point totals prior to the program, but I'm guessing that all entertainment software will only go toward the SoE program and not the regular Reward Zone program? After this promotion ends my RZ points go back to the total minus whatever points I got from the SoE?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So I've had $20 in certificates come my way so far. I haven't looked too much at my Rewards Zone point totals prior to the program, but I'm guessing that all entertainment software will only go toward the SoE program and not the regular Reward Zone program? After this promotion ends my RZ points go back to the total minus whatever points I got from the SoE?[/QUOTE]

They go towards both I believe.

[quote name='JokerCard']Umm, If I buy the wireless adapter for the XBOX 360, will that apply to the SOE giftcard?[/quote]The program details specify that only music, movie and game purchases apply to the SoE program.

I tried to view my certificates (should have at least 2, pushing 3), but I couldn't (application error). I called CS at the 1-888-Best-Buy # and they couldn't access my totals either. They gave me +500 regular reward points and said if I didn't get an answer or my certificates within 10 days I'd get another 500 points plus they would manually confirm my purchases that apply. I pressed and got a case # for confirmation.

I got the feeling it was an internal server error; the SoE certs were extra and in addition to the normal reward certs and I think today being the day after it ended might have broken the system. Or it might just be me. If you haven't printed your certs yet, check them and call if you can't access them.

GL!

Mine don't show up either. Of course, I've had to manually input my reciepts because apparently Best Buy sucks. But, I've known that for awhile.

Shit. So were the SoE certificates only available through the SoE Program link on MyRewardZone.com? It's not up and it's not on my "View Certificates" link, either. I thought they'd show up there as well after the program ended.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Shit. So were the SoE certificates only available through the SoE Program link on MyRewardZone.com? It's not up and it's not on my "View Certificates" link, either. I thought they'd show up there as well after the program ended.[/QUOTE]

Just go to "Great Offers" at the top of the page and there should be a link to print your certificates.

I tried the link on the site after I signed in to my account yesterday and today and it just sends me back to the sign in page. I still have one certificate left that I can't print out. I would imagine they will correct it eventually but if calling CS gets me some bonus points maybe I'll give it a shot.

hmmm.... i made my needed 17 dollars to get to the 100pt mark on Friday yet my 10 dollar certificate isn't showing up!!! WTF?!?!?!

[quote name='botticus']If you sign in again, it will take you to the page. For some reason it doesn't maintain your login info across that link.[/quote]
Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it worked just like you said. It never would have dawned on me to sign in again. When in doubt, ask a CAG!:applause:

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmmm.... i made my needed 17 dollars to get to the 100pt mark on Friday yet my 10 dollar certificate isn't showing up!!! WTF?!?!?![/quote]

Same happened to me, I cleared 100pts a week ago and i'm still waiting. It showed on the graph when it was still up that I cleared it. Usually you will get email confirmation that it is added to your account.

Bumping for Updates.

On the last day 8/25, I past the $100 mark and was supposed to get $10 coupon. Days later, SOE was no where to be found on RZ site. Called and talk Customer Service and they added 500 points. Plus the Day the 500 points show up my account, SOE link reappears.

[quote name='yukine']A damn shame that video game hardware doesn't work, I just bought a 360 Elite from BB and didn't get any bonus.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy it by the 8/25 deadline?

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmmm.... i made my needed 17 dollars to get to the 100pt mark on Friday yet my 10 dollar certificate isn't showing up!!! WTF?!?!?![/quote]

Same thing is happening to me.

I email them and they told me that I didn't have enough points to earn a GC. And that is bullshit. Here is my points total.

10 pts - Promtional
39.99 pts - GH 2 Encore PS2
31.59 pts - Wii Play
3.98 pts - DVD

That left me with 14.44 points left.

And then a few days before the promotion ended I got two DVDs that total well over $15 before taxes.

This is outrageous that they are screwing me out of the GC. I bought those DVDs strictly to put me over the points limit.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Same thing is happening to me.

I email them and they told me that I didn't have enough points to earn a GC. And that is bullshit. Here is my points total.

10 pts - Promtional
31.59 pts - Wii Play
3.98 pts - DVD

And then a few days before the promotion ended I got two DVDs that total well over $15 before taxes.

This is outrageous that they are screwing me out of the GC. I bought those DVDs strictly to put me over the points limit.[/quote]If you have the receipt, just send them the customer code.

[quote name='botticus']If you have the receipt, just send them the customer code.[/quote]

But the thing is that the purchase is already on my Reward Zone account.

I emailed them just now, too. Also, they're taking their sweetass time in 'pending' my points so I can get a GC. I see things haven't changed one bit.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Same thing is happening to me.

10 pts - Promtional
31.59 pts - Wii Play
3.98 pts - DVD

This is outrageous that they are screwing me out of the GC. I bought those DVDs strictly to put me over the points limit.[/quote]

I did the exact same thing and never got my last $10 GC either. Call customer service and speak to a real person, don't email. I spoke to a reward zone rep who was very helpful. I explaned that I made a purchase in the final days of the promotion and it was never added to my SoE total, but it was showing on my reward zone total. He told me there was no way to verify what I bought qualified for the SoE promo, but I told him it was games that I had bought specificly to get me enough points to get another $10 gift card. While he couldn't give me a SoE GC, he did add 500 reward zone points to my account for 'Customer Satisfaction' so I still got my $10, just in a round-a-bout way.

Forgot about this - checked my account and nothing was there. Just sent an email today and said if they cant fix it , give me 500 points in regular account.

Got a response back already and they added the points.

[quote name='gr8gazo']I did the exact same thing and never got my last $10 GC either. Call customer service and speak to a real person, don't email. I spoke to a reward zone rep who was very helpful. I explaned that I made a purchase in the final days of the promotion and it was never added to my SoE total, but it was showing on my reward zone total. He told me there was no way to verify what I bought qualified for the SoE promo, but I told him it was games that I had bought specificly to get me enough points to get another $10 gift card. While he couldn't give me a SoE GC, he did add 500 reward zone points to my account for 'Customer Satisfaction' so I still got my $10, just in a round-a-bout way.[/quote]I would say there is, for the most part, for future reference. All of your posted transactions list the items on the receipt:

1 DARKWING DUCK V1 -7.74
1 DARKWING DUCK: V2 14.24
1 NDS-HARVEST MOON 7.12
1 NDS-HARVEST MOON 7.11
1 GBA-TMNT 14.24

two things:

1 - I am in the same boat as some of you i.e. I had 281 points on Friday the 25th and ordered two movies to put me over the 300 point barrier. Weeks later when they finally give me the rewards, I only get two $10 certificates. I email and get told on 9/6 that they will post on Thursday, 9/5. uh, ok. maybe they meant 9/13. So they have until the end of the day to fix this then I'm calling.

2 - I really hate that they took all mention of this off their web page so there's no way to tell what your points are anymore. Of course they're going to screw you over if you can't prove they're screwing you over.

bread's done
Back