Best Buy Rewards Zone Silver - Get BF deals TODAY - Mon 11/23 @ Noon-Midnight

pdwayne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got an email from Best Buy this morning. They are letting Silver Reward Zone members get some of the Black Friday deal today (Monday). You have to have your silver membership # and you have to order over the phone (call 1-888-RZ-PREMR) between noon - midnight and mention the email. No online or B&M orders.

Some of the deals:

Playstation 3 (120GB) w/ LBP GotY & R&C:Crack in Time - $299
All Seasons of Smallville (dvd) - $9.99 each
Wolverine, Monster vs Aliens, Fast & Furoius Blurays - $9.99
Netgear Wireless N router - $49.99
Samsung 32" HDTV LCD 720p LN32B360C5D - $397

a few cameras and hard drives too.

Here's the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/rzspecial2009

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got through. All i wanted was the iPod touch for my son figuring the $50 GC was better than most sales since they rarely, if ever, put them on sale at a lower price (not sure if Apple controls that).

was on the phone with a rep at 1210. Said he couldn't figure out what to do, told me to hold on. Sat there for 45 minutes before my cell died. Time to fire off an email and get some free gift cards.

Welp, disconnected at the 38 minute mark on my first call. Disconnected 3-4 times immediately since then. Think i'll just send them a snarky e-mail about being 'rewarded' with wasted time and try to get the GS or Wal-Mart bundles on Friday instead.

They just put on a message saying they're experiencing extremely high call volumes resulting in disconnects. At least they're acknowledging the problem now.

I've been on now for 7, no issues yet so fingers and toes are all crossed. My broken foot really doesn't want to wait outside of anywhere at 3 am on Friday!

[quote name='wildpantha05']I've been on now for 7, no issues yet so fingers and toes are all crossed. My broken foot really doesn't want to wait outside of anywhere at 3 am on Friday![/QUOTE]

lol! maybe you could play that to your advantage, play a sympathy card, and wobble up towards the front of the line..nah, who am I kidding, they'll probably break your other foot if you try that...

Was disconnected 2 times, then somehow forwarded to someone who put me on hold for 30 minutes.

Then the order took 30 minutes to be completed. He said he already completed 10 orders and about 5 were for the PS3. he also bitched about his PC being slow, but no problem once I started to speak with the rep.

wow snot rocket, almost the exact same thing happened to me, just add another 15 minutes and my cell dying. Now I've been on hold for 26 minutes on my phone at work. Sigh.

I was on hold for about 70 minutes then someone answered and hung up on me... fuck this bullshit.

The first time I called the system said please hold and then promptly hung up.

For everyone that is having such issues with this early-access to the BF deals, make sure you make a complaint to Best Buy's corporate office:

Phone #: 612 291 1000
Address:
7601 Penn Avenue S.
Richfield, MN 55423
USA

Also, the RZ program is outsourced to a third-party company, so it's not Best Buy itself that's running it.

the human race has grown into a very sad spectacle.

...judging from you people anyway.

all this headache to save a few dollars on shit that you don't even need, or probably want.

do something constructive and stop grubbing after discounted over priced electronics.

[quote name='strayl1ght']
do something constructive and stop grubbing after discounted over priced electronics.[/QUOTE]

I'm in it for the $10 BD movies and $10 Smallville seasons. You can't beat those prices! I bet the cost to ship my $50 order of 2 BD's and 3 seasons will be half the order when the weight is factored in..

Is there a way I can get early access to the PS3? I don't mind waiting in line- I just want to have it.

I don't even think it is a real doorbuster. Walmart and Gamestop (of all places) have it matched.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is there a way I can get early access to the PS3? I don't mind waiting in line- I just want to have it.

I don't even think it is a real doorbuster. Walmart and Gamestop (of all places) have it matched.[/QUOTE]

same

[quote name='shrike4242']

Also, the RZ program is outsourced to a third-party company, so it's not Best Buy itself that's running it.[/QUOTE]

I think the calls are being filtered to every single Best Buy department, not just reward zone. I got a magnolia home theater lady who took forever because she had no idea about the deal.

[quote name='strayl1ght']the human race has grown into a very sad spectacle.

all this headache to save a few dollars on shit that you don't even need, or probably want.

do something constructive and stop grubbing after discounted over priced electronics.[/QUOTE]

I have an idea for you... leave CAG if you don't want to save a few bucks here and there. I'm sure we'll all miss you greatly. Dick.

Was on hold for 50 minutes only to get hung up on.

edit: Finally got through on 3rd call. Ordered a ps3 and a blue insignia camera for 367 after tax. The rep gave me an estimated delivery time between Nov 28 - Dec 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn... i wanted to get in on the ps3, 19 inch tv, and the external hard drive...

BUT.... logged into my reward zone and saw I spent a grand total of... 2,409.76

Talk about a slap in the face...

Woooooo, my foot and I can now sleep in on Friday thank God. 37 minutes, apparently from the girl that I talked to, is a record, their systems have been getting blown up all day and my call her cpu crashed on numerous occasions.

I didn't ask how long shipping would take, which I now see as a bit of a problem, but I have a confirmation number so that should be good enough ... I hope lol.

[quote name='shrike4242']

Also, the RZ program is outsourced to a third-party company, so it's not Best Buy itself that's running it.[/QUOTE]

Shrike, the RZ program is not outsourced, I'm certain of that. This particular problem is due to the overwhelming response to this promotion. I don't think they predicted the call volume that their email created and their trying to catch up by overflowing calls to non-RZ Premier Silver phone reps.

Its unfortunate that their best customers (RZ Premier Silver members) are the ones experiencing the problem.

[quote name='Transformah']Its unfortunate that their best customers (RZ Premier Silver members) are the ones experiencing the problem.[/QUOTE]
Second best customers... Technically the best customers are Premier Black members who've spent like $10,000 in a year. Still though they could've handled this better by allowing people to put in their phone number so Best Buy could call them back in a queue and take their order; flat out allowing Premier Silver members to order online; or allowing Premier Silver member to take the page to customer service and price match in store.

Got all my stuff taken care of.

Playstation 3 (120GB) with Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time and LittleBigPlanet
Compaq Mini Netbook with Intel Atom Processor (SKU 9576933)
Insignia 10.0 Megapixel Digital Camera - Blue
Season 8 of Smallville
X-men Origins: Wolverine Blu-ray

$632.95, with free shipping and no hassle with crowds on Friday. I am a happy man.

[quote name='strayl1ght']the human race has grown into a very sad spectacle.

*sniff sniff* Troll for Thanksgiving? Hrm...wonder if they have tryptophan.:lol:

[quote name='Techsticles']Second best customers... Technically the best customers are Premier Black members who've spent like $10,000 in a year. Still though they could've handled this better by allowing people to put in their phone number so Best Buy could call them back in a queue and take their order; flat out allowing Premier Silver members to order online; or allowing Premier Silver member to take the page to customer service and price match in store.[/QUOTE]

The Premier Black program was a test, which ended last year (I think it was only in Chicago). I agree, this should have been handled online. In-store probably wouldn't work because they need to have a certain amount of inventory on-hand for customers on Friday.

Looks like a bunch of crap to me (to each their own of course). The actual deal to drama ratio in this thread is hilarious.

After sitting on hold for only like 15 minutes I got a rep. Unfortunately, after being on the phone with her for like 30 minutes trying to place my order, she finally tells me the $179.99 netbook is sold out. gah.

[quote name='Estebon']Never got an email and i've wasted about $5000 at bestbuy this year. I'm annoyed.[/QUOTE]

Estebon, that means you've qualified for next year.

I got through and ordered the Garmin for the wife.

[quote name='Estebon']Never got an email and i've wasted about $5000 at bestbuy this year. I'm annoyed.[/QUOTE]

I never got an email either. Just called and it worked. Give them a call anyways.

[quote name='Transformah']Estebon, that means you've qualified for next year.

I got through and ordered the Garmin for the wife.[/QUOTE]

I was a premiere member all this year.

Anyway, i'll try and call them later.

[quote name='Estebon']I was a premiere member all this year.

Anyway, i'll try and call them later.[/QUOTE]

Ah, then you should be good to call. Maybe your email address isn't on file?

Ordered all 8 seasons of Smallville, with taxes and free shipping came out to only $86.51, pretty good deal for 48 DVDs. I was only on hold for less than 2 minutes and took only 5 minutes to place the order, maybe the call volume is easing.

I'm goin to check this out when I get home. All I wanted is Monsters Vs. Aliens. Hopefully they put the other ones up tomorrow. I'd love "The Departed" for $7.99 I think it is

[quote name='Transformah']Shrike, the RZ program is not outsourced, I'm certain of that. This particular problem is due to the overwhelming response to this promotion. I don't think they predicted the call volume that their email created and their trying to catch up by overflowing calls to non-RZ Premier Silver phone reps.

Its unfortunate that their best customers (RZ Premier Silver members) are the ones experiencing the problem.[/QUOTE]Actually, I know for certain that the RZ program is outsourced to a third-party company. Take that as a fact.

That's just an anecdote on the situation, which is the much larger than expected call volume, which is nothing more than poor planning. I'm sure they'll get some complaints over this situation, since it's yet more bad planning on customer response.

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, I know for certain that the RZ program is outsourced to a third-party company. Take that as a fact.
[/QUOTE]

There is an internal Best Buy corporate loyalty marketing team, a retained creative/loyalty agency, a retained points engine agency, and a retained email provider. Maybe we're just splitting hairs over what "outsourced" means...

[quote name='token2k6']I'm in it for the $10 BD movies and $10 Smallville seasons. You can't beat those prices! I bet the cost to ship my $50 order of 2 BD's and 3 seasons will be half the order when the weight is factored in..[/QUOTE]

RZ Sliver members get FREE SHIPPING on every order!:applause:

[quote name='Transformah']There is an internal Best Buy corporate loyalty marketing team, a retained creative/loyalty agency, a retained points engine agency, and a retained email provider. Maybe we're just splitting hairs over what "outsourced" means...[/QUOTE]
I got my order placed through the RZ Help line.
Go to your RZ splash page and click HELP
I clicked on "Call Me Now", which they did. Spent 2-3 minutes in a queue.
Discussed my (unrelated) issue with them and resolved it satisfactorily.
The Rep asked if I knew about the "Black Monday" deals.
She placed my order for the iPod Touch in about 3 minutes.
I forgot to ask when the $50 GC was coming. I hope it is included!

[quote name='wwe101']?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it helps or not, but I was told the order wouldn't ship till Friday. Maybe it stays "in process" till then?

Much thanks to the OP on this deal! :cool:

bread's done
Back