Best Buy Rewardzone in store offer 02/01 - 02/07 Saints Row 2 - $35, NFL Tour - $10

joker______

CAGiversary!
NFL Tour for PS3 or Xbox 360 Regular Price $29.99 - $20 Instant Savings = $9.99
Saints Row 2 for PS3 or Xbox 360 Regular Price $59.99 - $25 Instant Savings = $34.99

these deals are for all Rewards Zone Members

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vectorscalar']Not $$ off? I wonder why?

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

after the Midnight club problem they would be stupid to do that again

[quote name='62t']after the Midnight club problem they would be stupid to do that again[/quote]

Yeah seriously, with all the scumbags hording like no tomorrow, I think we won't see those deals for a long time now.

Thanks to the scumbags that ruined it.

[quote name='62t']after the Midnight club problem they would be stupid to do that again[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, they worded it exactly the same as they worded MC.

Save $20 on NFL Tour for PS3/360

Save $25 on Saint's Row 2 PS3/360

[quote name='CaoPi']saint rows for $9.99? sweet[/quote]

Obviously referring to the glitch from last week, and a few weeks before with QoS. Only problem is, SR2 isn't listed as on sale in their ad, so I think we're out of luck this time.

[quote name='sgaldis']Obviously referring to the glitch from last week, and a few weeks before with QoS.[/quote]

It wasn't that obvious.

[quote name='sgaldis']Obviously referring to the glitch from last week, and a few weeks before with QoS. Only problem is, SR2 isn't listed as on sale in their ad, so I think we're out of luck this time.[/quote]
what glitch?

I saw Fallout3 CE (lunch box one) Xbox360 for 59.99 in a store.

Actually, looks like BB website has 59.99 for xbox360 and ps3 also. Not sure this is a good deal or not.

The whole deal that went down for the RZ Silver members. Check out the deal graveyard if you weren't around last week...crazy stuff!

In a nutshell, just like this weeks 'specials' they listed Midnight Club: LA at a special discount of $30 off of the normal price of $59.99. i.e. $30 for the game.

Well, coincidentally, BB also had MC:LA listed on sale that week for $40, so BB's computers actually deducted $30 from that price instore.

voila...$10 game.

Dammit, I just dropped $60 on Saints Row 2. Game's funny as shit though, the "poses" in the character creator are hilarious and picking the British dude voice makes the game so much better.

[quote name='sgaldis']Obviously referring to the glitch from last week, and a few weeks before with QoS. Only problem is, SR2 isn't listed as on sale in their ad, so I think we're out of luck this time.[/quote]
There is no glitch. They never advertise these Reward Zone sales in the weekly ads. I always hear of them at CAG.

[quote name='ricoraney']There is no glitch. They never advertise these Reward Zone sales in the weekly ads. I always hear of them at CAG.[/quote]

What are you talking about? Have you kept up with any of these threads at all? Your statements are kind of vague, but I don't know if you quite grasp what happened over the last few weeks.

And no, BB doesn't advertise the RZ Silver specials in the Sunday circular you get in the newspaper, but you can see them by clicking WeeklyAd>RZ Offers, or you can access them from the RZ homepage as well.

Did you think Best Buy passed this information strictly to some moderator of this forum, to be dispensed at his/her leisure, and did not advertise them to the public at all?:D

And if it wasn't a 'glitch' in their system, I don't know what you want to call it; I guess it was a 'computer boo boo' that still applied the $30 discount to the sale price, even though it was clearly supposed to be deducted from the full price. I seriously doubt BB meant to be selling us a new game that goes for basically full MSRP everywhere else for $10.

Some of you guys just jumping in with no real knowledge of the BB deals like this one being discussed can check out the thread from last week's deal here.

The whole point of this is that when people were getting these cheap $10/$15 games, they just happened to be onsale in the weekly at the same time as the RZ/RZ Silver promo's. This week, SR2 is not on sale in the weekly ad, so the listed 'special' RZ price of $35 should be valid; you most likely are not going to get any more of a discount than that.

[quote name='Josef']In all fairness, they worded it exactly the same as they worded MC.

Save $20 on NFL Tour for PS3/360

Save $25 on Saint's Row 2 PS3/360[/quote]

they just dont have the game on sale this week so it comes off the regular price instead of the sale price

[quote name='ricoraney']There is no glitch. They never advertise these Reward Zone sales in the weekly ads. I always hear of them at CAG.[/quote]

no they advertise them in the rewardzone website

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Dammit, I just dropped $60 on Saints Row 2. Game's funny as shit though, the "poses" in the character creator are hilarious and picking the British dude voice makes the game so much better.[/quote]

If you bought it at BB you can bring it back in as long as within 30 days and price adjust it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Dammit, I just dropped $60 on Saints Row 2. Game's funny as shit though, the "poses" in the character creator are hilarious and picking the British dude voice makes the game so much better.[/QUOTE]

Buy the one at BB, then use the sealed copy and the more expensive receipt(assuming it has not been over 30 days from wherever you purchased it) to return it. Or if it was from BB and 30 days or less they will price adjust.

[quote name='chuckywang']Note to EA Sports: Never put an athlete on the cover of a video game that less than half of your target demographic can identify.[/quote]
Shawne Merriman is a pretty big name in the NFL, so I'm not sure what you mean.

I think he means that if you put him in a line-up with 4 other players who play the same position from other teams and asked 100 NFL fans to pick out Shawne Merriman, less than 50 would get it right. I haven't seen the cover, is it really Merriman?

Actually, i'd geuss about 22% would get it right, or slightly more than random.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lakers2008']damn. I need to be a reward member[/QUOTE]

It's free -- so go for it. Plus, if you buy games at BB, you can join the Gamers Club for free, too.

Saint's Row 2 sounds so good at that price...my back log is killing the deal though. Looks like I'm waiting for a price drop.

I have $15 in RZ certificates...so I might just pick up Saints Row 2 for 25 bucks...maybe tomorrow when I'm checking out the penny guide supply.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Yeah seriously, with all the scumbags hording like no tomorrow, I think we won't see those deals for a long time now.

Thanks to the scumbags that ruined it.[/QUOTE]

I still vote for my standby, open mouth curb stomp.

[quote name='loserboy']I have $15 in RZ certificates...so I might just pick up Saints Row 2 for 25 bucks...maybe tomorrow when I'm checking out the penny guide supply.[/quote]

You fail at math, or typing, not sure which. :D

$35 is still a bit much for SR2 for me personally. Got enough other stuff right now that I'll probably wait til I can find it for around $20-ish. Thanks!

Any chance best buy will still pony up for last weeks rewardzone silver deal? I picked up Midnight Club LA which was supposed to ring up at $9.99 I believe. I bought it on Saturday night and it didn't ring up at that price. I explained that I was a Silver member but she was clueless and I didn't have the energy to argue at that point.

[quote name='sinistaminista']Any chance best buy will still pony up for last weeks rewardzone silver deal? I picked up Midnight Club LA which was supposed to ring up at $9.99 I believe. I bought it on Saturday night and it didn't ring up at that price. I explained that I was a Silver member but she was clueless and I didn't have the energy to argue at that point.[/quote]:wall:

No, they won't.

It was supposed to ring up at $29.99, not $9.99, and the only reason it came up at $9.99 was that the sale price wasn't supposed to combine with the $30 off but did.

They fixed it on Wednesday and it was ringing up correctly from that point forward at $29.99.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Hmmmmm. Is Saints Row 2 much better than 1? GTA4 crushes SR1 to me, so I'm a bit iffy on 2.[/quote]

Yeah it's much better than SR1. Hell, more than half the gamer friends I've talked to agree that SR2 is more fun than GTA4.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Yeah seriously, with all the scumbags hording like no tomorrow, I think we won't see those deals for a long time now.

Thanks to the scumbags that ruined it.[/quote]

Reading your message and looking down at your sig finally clarified the word "ironic" to me.

I have spent over 100 hours in saints row 2 while only spending maybe 30-40 hours in gta4.... sr2 is much more fun than gta4, has a better soundtrack, more customization and a funny storyline, I just wish the graphics didn't look like gta3

[quote name='chuckywang']Note to EA Sports: Never put an athlete on the cover of a video game that less than half of your target demographic can identify.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I always thought that was LaDamian Tomlinson. I saw the uniform and never paid much attention to his face. Too funny.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']okay so I signed up. will they be sending me a new reward zone card or will the one i already have give me all the extra benefits I get with the gamersclub membership?[/QUOTE]

No new card, your current one gets to do double duty now.

I hate that these deals aren't online also; anyone else feel me? I would've bought it already, but I'm being lazy and don't want to go to the store to get one.

bread's done
Back