Best Buy Rocketfish Slim Starter Kit PS3 9.99

Headset is probably terrible but this is still a good deal considering everything you get:

Console stand keeps your PlayStation Slim Console sturdy and upright

Designed for use with PlayStation 3 Slim Console (not included)

Includes a Bluetooth headset with USB charging cable, console stand and dual charge station with AC adapter

Dual charge station can charge up to two DualShock controllers (not included)

Actually it's been on clearance at this price for a month or so at my store[quote name='TheSithAssassin']It might be part of Best Buy's Father's Day sale thats going on.[/QUOTE]

This is a better deal than the Rocketfish Bluetooth headset alone for $10 last holiday season. The headset works well enough, but the battery life is kind of short.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Wireless gaming excitement? I'm in![/QUOTE]

I don't even know why I laughed at this, but I did. I totally did.

Im gonna get it on store, thanks OP, wa waiting for a cheap headset, anyone tried it yet, is the headset any good?

Very tempting. I may be in for the charger and stand and sell the headset to a friend for $5, but it doesn't sound like a very good one from the reviews.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']This is a better deal than the Rocketfish Bluetooth headset alone for $10 last holiday season. The headset works well enough, but the battery life is kind of short.[/QUOTE]
Is this the same headset just with extra stuff?

[quote name='technicalstylez']it did this morning when it went live.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, $5.50 shipping. No thank you. I could've dealt with $3 or less.

thanks, saw it this morning when i woke up but passed, but now after looking at it, kinda wanted a charging base, and $10 isnt too bad just for that. Got free shipping w/ silver, hopefully gamestop will take the other crap for a few dollars.

[quote name='Barkwhip']If only it had free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy it, but you could get it shipped to a nearby store for free.

Eh, why not - could use the charger since I can't get my son to plug the controller he isn't using into the PS3 while he plays. But maybe I can get him to dock them when he's done.

And I might be able to use the stand to turn my slim vertical as it is taking up a lot of room laying down now.

As for the headset, yeah, not sure. I have a really nice one (the $60 official Sony one) I got super-cheap when Blockbuster cleared them out (for $3 or so). I never use that anyway.

But anything I can get dirt cheap and make Best Buy ship to me for free (Silver) is a good deal ;).

Throw in the 5% cash back for using Shop Discover and it is just $9.50.

FYI: the GS trade-in value for a generic Bluetooth headset according to the CAG GS trade-in thread is only $4 and that quote was from last October. So don't count on getting much for that if you just want the charger.

[quote name='io']Eh, why not...

And I might be able to use the stand to turn my slim vertical as it is taking up a lot of room laying down now.
[/QUOTE]
I would advise using the stand to keep your ps3 slim vertical. I bought the official sony one during a black friday sale a few years ago because I thought it would dissipate heat faster. It did, but the blu-ray drive quickly underwent some wear and tear (noises, mechanical mishaps, etc) so I went back to laying it horizontally and everything has been fine since.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I would advise against using the stand to keep your ps3 slim vertical. I bought the official sony one during a black friday sale a few years ago because I thought it would dissipate heat faster. It did, but the blu-ray drive quickly underwent some wear and tear (noises, mechanical mishaps, etc) so I went back to laying it horizontally and everything has been fine since.[/QUOTE]Uh, based on what you're saying, don't you mean you're advising "against" using the stand, like the correction in the quote?

OK, I'll keep that in mind. Though for the most part this is going to be a non-disc playing system since I am upgrading the HD and planning to download all my PS+ goodies on it. Still, though, we do use it to watch blu-ray movies as well...

Got one with creds today, was priced that way in the store too. Gave away the blue tooth and stand already, the charger is nice... Almost works with my protective skins for the duel shocks.

[quote name='Vigilante']Uh, based on what you're saying, don't you mean you're advising "against" using the stand, like the correction in the quote?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he meant to say that. I remember having problems with my ps2 when I used a vertical stand, so I leave the ps3 horizontal.

[quote name='mrclutch']Is this the same headset just with extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

No, the $10 headset from last holiday is the same one they have for the deal of the day (6/16, Model: RF-GPS31126) at $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320462

It's a completely different headset, but I've been perfectly happy with the $10 Rocketfish headset.

The battery life is short, so you need to charge it between each use. However at less than $5 new as part of a package deal, I can't imagine this Rocketfish headset will dissappoint.

everyone is saying the headset battery life is short, how short is what i'd like to know. 1hr, 3hrs?
anything else negative about the headset? thanks

Got an item delay notice. I might cancel this since I really don't need it.

Update: Just arrived today. I'll get it later when traffic dies down.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked mine up yesterday and it is surprisingly a great deal. the bluetooth headset works great and the dual charger is awesome since it uses ac adapter instead of usb. thanks op

I'm contemplating picking my order up. I have two more DS3's along with the the Wireless Stereo Headset, so I would never use the . Maybe I could give the headset to my mom. The new owner's kit comes with a second usb cable so I could just charge it from my PS3, or router if need be. Decisions, decisions...

I picked mine up yesterday and the controller dock is actually pretty nice which is what I mainly bought it for.

The Headset and stand is just a bonus.

not bad but since the only thing i really need from this is the ps3 stand, i'll have to pass, can justify spending $10 for just the stand and extras that i really dont need

I picked up the last one at my BB today. My friend said he'd buy the headset for $5, so that leaves me with a stand and controller charger for just $5. I'm happy with that.

[quote name='Tsel']I picked up the last one at my BB today. My friend said he'd buy the headset for $5, so that leaves me with a stand and controller charger for just $5. I'm happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Same here man. I told my mom about it, and she wanted the headset for $5. Sold. I mainly got it for the charger. I don't need the stand so that can stay in the box for all I care. Thanks again OP.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Same here man. I told my mom about it, and she wanted the headset for $5. Sold. I mainly got it for the charger. I don't need the stand so that can stay in the box for all I care. Thanks again OP.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much exactly what I did. I'm fine with my PS3 being horizontal, but I get annoyed and often lose track of my USB cables, so this will be much more convenient.

Did any of you guys that got one check if the earpiece came with a ear hook like the one on the picture. I picked mine up yesterday and it didn't come with one. Just wondering if the picture on the box is just a mistake.

bread's done
Back