Best Buy San Andreas + $5 GH game.

OK. I just called and it's instore too. I hope they let me use 2 GGC coupons and BBB. That'll make me a happy boy. SA + R&C for $20 :)

[quote name='stormenmormon']do you have to preserve it? or can you just go there the day it's released and buy it with the $5 GH game?[/quote]

You don't have to but its probably only good for the first week so until next sunday.

Okay so you wanna try to use a GGC for San Andreas to knock it down to 44, 20 BBB to get it to 25, then the GGC on the GH..

first off, to use a GGC it has to be 9.99 or above and I know that they aren't stackable. The cheapest you could probably get it for is $30 (24.99 GTASA w/ GGC and 20 BBB, 5 GH).

[quote name='Scorch']Okay so you wanna try to use a GGC for San Andreas to knock it down to 44, 20 BBB to get it to 25, then the GGC on the GH..

first off, to use a GGC it has to be 9.99 or above and I know that they aren't stackable. The cheapest you could probably get it for is $30 (24.99 GTASA w/ GGC and 20 BBB, 5 GH).[/quote]

i thought it was 19.99 or above to be able to use GGC

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Scorch']Okay so you wanna try to use a GGC for San Andreas to knock it down to 44, 20 BBB to get it to 25, then the GGC on the GH..

first off, to use a GGC it has to be 9.99 or above and I know that they aren't stackable. The cheapest you could probably get it for is $30 (24.99 GTASA w/ GGC and 20 BBB, 5 GH).[/quote]

i thought it was 19.99 or above to be able to use GGC[/quote]

It is, obviously a typo on Scorch's part. Probably not intended since he isn't a noob.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Scorch']Okay so you wanna try to use a GGC for San Andreas to knock it down to 44, 20 BBB to get it to 25, then the GGC on the GH..

i thought it was 19.99 or above to be able to use GGC[/quote]

It is, obviously a typo on Scorch's part. Probably not intended since he isn't a noob.[/quote]

Still good to correct it, IMO. Don't want to confuse the noobs.

In case anyone is wondering I just tried bb.com to see if all the GH games you add to your cart once you added GTA:SA would be $5 and it's just the first one. (Well I only tried adding 2 copies of FF-X2 as a test, so I guess there could be an obscure way to screw up their site, but it's not obvious.) And if you add GTA, then a GH game, and then remove GTA the GH game jumps back to $20. Seems they tested it out a bit before going live this time, LOL.

Just got back from Best Buy.

The first one I went to, the guy said I could only get $3 off. I replied, "Isn't that only for CD's and DVD's?" "Yeah well it's a DVD". I didn't want to argue cuz he was technically right.

So I went to another BB 10 miles away. This time I got waved over by a jittery nervous young man. I presented him with my copy of GTASA, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (wanted to get the first one cuz I've never played it, but they didn't have it) my $20 in BBB and $5 GGC Coupon. He rang me up for a total of around $55. I told him, you have a deal going where it's GTASA and any GH game for $5 more. He opened the catalog and turned to the video games section, but couldn't find the deal, although it was right in front of him. He says "It's not there" and I reply "Yes it is it was on the page you were just on." So he changes the price for just about everything on the screen (there are 4 items) and tells me the price will be around $60. I stay calm and remind him about my coupons. He says $40. I remind him about the Gamer Gift Card Coupon. Total = $35. I walk out a happy man while he has a confused look on his face. Oh ya, also got about $0.35 cash back for using my PayPal debit card :whistle2:D

I just did this deal. I had a hard time deciding between jak II and ratchet and clank going commando. I went with jak II, because I played a ton of the first R&C and was afraid the second would be too similar.

Grand Theft Auto FANs

Grand Theft Auto: SA $44.99 after $5 off plus Grand Theft Auto: 2 Pack for $4.99.

You endup get 3 games for $55 after taxes :)

[quote name='phrostbyte']stormenmormon: The guy said you don't have to pre-order it.

Scorch: One for each game?[/quote]

One game is $5... the coupon is for games 19.99 or more.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Grand Theft Auto FANs

Grand Theft Auto: SA $44.99 after $5 off plus Grand Theft Auto: 2 Pack for $4.99.

You endup get 3 games for $55 after taxes :)[/quote]

Do they really let you do that? If so, I'm so there. I had the Xbox version of Vice City but I think my Xbox just died (judging from my sister's comments since I left it away from college). So I might be buying the PS2 versions after all.

I've been on the phone for like 20min arguing with them about that Double Pack idea. I think I'm gonna give up here pretty soon ...

[quote name='Indiana']How can you get the Double Pack. I thought it was only greatest hits.[/quote]

The GTA Double Pack for PS2 is GH.

robbart914

GTA: 2 Pack is GReatest Hit version. (Buy GTA: Sandreas and get "Any Greatest Hits" game for only $4.99) Bestbuy didn't say greatest Hits version are $19.99 or less :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']robbart914

GTA: 2 Pack is GReatest Hit version. (Buy GTA: Sandreas and get "Any Greatest Hits" game for only $4.99) Bestbuy didn't say greatest Hits version are $19.99 or less :)[/quote]

Did any store do this? I'm guessing YMMV at best.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='Masterkyo']robbart914

GTA: 2 Pack is GReatest Hit version. (Buy GTA: Sandreas and get "Any Greatest Hits" game for only $4.99) Bestbuy didn't say greatest Hits version are $19.99 or less :)[/quote]

Did any store do this? I'm guessing YMMV at best.[/quote]

i dont think its YMMV, you might have to fight for it, but a GH is a GH regardless of price.

But it is not a greatest hits GAME. It is 2 greatest hits GAMES. Just because they have a little cardboard case surrounding them, they are still 2 games and are therefor priced as twice the price of 1 greatest hits game.

[quote name='phrostbyte']Just got back from Best Buy.

The first one I went to, the guy said I could only get $3 off. I replied, "Isn't that only for CD's and DVD's?" "Yeah well it's a DVD". I didn't want to argue cuz he was technically right.

So I went to another BB 10 miles away. This time I got waved over by a jittery nervous young man. I presented him with my copy of GTASA, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (wanted to get the first one cuz I've never played it, but they didn't have it) my $20 in BBB and $5 GGC Coupon. He rang me up for a total of around $55. I told him, you have a deal going where it's GTASA and any GH game for $5 more. He opened the catalog and turned to the video games section, but couldn't find the deal, although it was right in front of him. He says "It's not there" and I reply "Yes it is it was on the page you were just on." So he changes the price for just about everything on the screen (there are 4 items) and tells me the price will be around $60. I stay calm and remind him about my coupons. He says $40. I remind him about the Gamer Gift Card Coupon. Total = $35. I walk out a happy man while he has a confused look on his face. Oh ya, also got abo

ut $0.35 cash back for using my PayPal debit card :whistle2:D[/quote]

That's not right. Tell him to put the game in a DVD player. I bet it won't work!

[quote name='Freshwillis']I just did this deal. I had a hard time deciding between jak II and ratchet and clank going commando. I went with jak II, because I played a ton of the first R&C and was afraid the second would be too similar.[/quote]

Well, if you were looking for something different from its predecessor, you sure got it in Jak II. Compared to that game's complete overhaul, R&C:GC is just a refinement/expansion of its predecessor. But I'm telling ya, it's one hell of an improvement. I didn't think R&C could get much better, but R&C:GC proved me wrong. There are few instances in which "bigger is better" could be more applicable.

I wanted to get Manhunt with this deal, but ended up settling for Hitman 2. I was going to get Hot Shots Golf 3 but decided not to.

How is Hitman 2?

[quote name='rapsodist'][quote name='Freshwillis']I just did this deal. I had a hard time deciding between jak II and ratchet and clank going commando. I went with jak II, because I played a ton of the first R&C and was afraid the second would be too similar.[/quote]

Well, if you were looking for something different from its predecessor, you sure got it in Jak II. Compared to that game's complete overhaul, R&C:GC is just a refinement/expansion of its predecessor. But I'm telling ya, it's one hell of an improvement. I didn't think R&C could get much better, but R&C:GC proved me wrong. There are few instances in which "bigger is better" could be more applicable.[/quote]

It was a hard choice, I wanted to get both of them, had to make the decision on the fly.

[quote name='phrostbyte']But it is not a greatest hits GAME. It is 2 greatest hits GAMES. Just because they have a little cardboard case surrounding them, they are still 2 games and are therefor priced as twice the price of 1 greatest hits game.[/quote]

They could give it to you for $15 off at least which is essentially what you are saving on this deal

[quote name='phrostbyte']But it is not a greatest hits GAME. It is 2 greatest hits GAMES. Just because they have a little cardboard case surrounding them, they are still 2 games and are therefor priced as twice the price of 1 greatest hits game.[/quote]

The game is packaged as a 2 in 1 GH. The bottom line is you should be able to get the game for $5.

[quote name='Freshwillis'][quote name='rapsodist'][quote name='Freshwillis']I just did this deal. I had a hard time deciding between jak II and ratchet and clank going commando. I went with jak II, because I played a ton of the first R&C and was afraid the second would be too similar.[/quote]

Well, if you were looking for something different from its predecessor, you sure got it in Jak II. Compared to that game's complete overhaul, R&C:GC is just a refinement/expansion of its predecessor. But I'm telling ya, it's one hell of an improvement. I didn't think R&C could get much better, but R&C:GC proved me wrong. There are few instances in which "bigger is better" could be more applicable.[/quote]

It was a hard choice, I wanted to get both of them, had to make the decision on the fly.[/quote]

Yeah, it really can be difficult to choose between those two... They're so similar, not only in design and style, but also in quality of gameplay. You can't go wrong either way, you're getting a AAA-title no matter what.

And now Sony's thrown in a 3rd platform series, Sly Cooper, just to make the choice even harder for all of us! I can't resist a good platformer myself, so I'm going to end up with the latest iterations of all 3 once Jak III and R&C:UYA release next month (I just picked up Sly 2 today). Or at least I'm hoping to get them as Christmas gifts seeing as how I just blew $200 on games at the TRU B2G1 sale and don't have much gaming money left in my budget for the year.

[quote name='Trakan']The game is packaged as a 2 in 1 GH. The bottom line is you should be able to get the game for $5.[/quote]

Hey, I agree, but I went as high as they'd let me on the phone with corportate (3 people up) and was eventually hung up on. It seemed that they knew exactly what would happen there and were prepared for it, even if the ad doesn't specifically exclude it. The Double Pack won't ring up on this deal and you'll be damn lucky to get a manager to override it.

[quote name='petewhitley']The Double Pack won't ring up on this deal and you'll be damn lucky to get a manager to override it.[/quote]

That's alright, today I picked up Smackdown Here Comes the Pain and it didn't automatically ring up at $4.99 and its even one of the 2 games printed in the ad as being part of the deal!

The GGC might be a stretch too. Their computer systems will only keep one deal, either the $4.99 GH or the GGC. It will kick out the GH deal with a GGC and it will end up more. I also couldn't use my BB bucks from McDonalds. I'm not too upset though, I picked up GTSA and Socom II (a non-GH cover too w00t).

bread's done
Back