Best Buy Sells Imports?! YMMV

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I was in bestbuy today, and I saw Bleach the 2nd and some naruto game for the ds. To the best of my knowledge, neither of the two were available in the States yet. However, there was a sticker on them that said that they were imports and wouldn't be in English. There were 50 dollars each, which is a decent price for imports because you don't have to pay shipping. It isn't listed on their website.

Just thought I would give you guys the heads-up. If this has been going on for a while, my appologies.

[quote name='linkpwns']I was in bestbuy today, and I saw Bleach the 2nd and some naruto game for the ds. To the best of my knowledge, neither of the two were available in the States yet. However, there was a sticker on them that said that they were imports and wouldn't be in English. There were 50 dollars each, which is a decent price for imports because you don't have to pay shipping. It isn't listed on their website.

Just thought I would give you guys the heads-up. If this has been going on for a while, my appologies.[/quote]

I am yet to see them myself at a Bestbuy in my area but in the western area of my state people have reported seeing import DS and PSP games there.. It's nice because the systems are region free the only con is how much english they put in or how user friendly it is..

I know there's a Naruto import at the Best Buy on Jonestown Road in Harrisburg, PA. I thought about buying it but then I figured, how I'm a gonna get around the whole not knowing Japanese thing? :)

[quote name='CrimGhost']Anybody in Maryland find any import titles at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
A few months ago, I saw some Naruto DS stuff for $40 at the Columbia store. I haven't seen them lately, but to be fair, I haven't looked.

If a Bestbuy/Frys is carrying an import, odds are it's going to be english friendly. There's no way they would carry a text heavy game. Since games like Bleach and Jump are very popular, you'll have no problem with getting FAQs.

[quote name='mkelehan']A few months ago, I saw some Naruto DS stuff for $40 at the Columbia store. I haven't seen them lately, but to be fair, I haven't looked.[/QUOTE]

I always see import DS games at Columbia. Did they move yet?

I bought the Bleach 2nd DS game at the Levittown, NY Best Buy a week ago for $49.99. They have that and Naruto at most BB's on Long Island. I love the anime and i am learning Japanese so i thought it would be fun to learn with but i cant understand much at all. All the cut scenes are just text, so unless you print out a translation you wont get any of the story which to me is the good part of the game.

[quote name='Zoglog']it's ok if you didn't know, but wrong section dood -_-[/quote]

This is a deal. Think about it. Why pay 50 dollars plus shipping for an import online when you can get it for 50 dollars alone.

I'm waiting for JUS to show up in BB. Then I might not be able to resist it.

Yeah, the BBs in the area have been packing Jap Naruto DS games for almost a year now.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Anybody in Maryland find any import titles at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I've seen some of the DS stuff at the White Marsh store (Naruto, I think) within the last year or so. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I haven't looked at the DS section there specifically in quite a while.

[quote name='linkpwns']This is a deal. Think about it. Why pay 50 dollars plus shipping for an import online when you can get it for 50 dollars alone.[/quote]
Since when is a DS game a deal for $50?:booty: and you are forgetting about taxes.

This thread does not belong here...

I've heard they've been doing this for some time, but I've never actually checked whether my Best Buy carries imports...my friend says ours nearby does though

indeed, DS games in Tokyo were actually the same price as over in the states. For some reason they aren't inflated like normal console games are. PS2 games however hovered around $70

i wonder if an upcoming best buy in boston will stock import. I bet it would since it will open in a neighborhood with the most Japanese occupent in the city.
the Location of the new best buy would be Copley in Boston located at 360 newbury street.

[quote name='vze']i wonder if an upcoming best buy in boston will stock import. I bet it would since it will open in a neighborhood with the most Japanese occupent in the city.
the Location of the new best buy would be Copley in Boston located at 360 newbury street.[/quote]

This post is making most definitely happy sunshine of my news day. For my family and the soul I am thanking to you.

[quote name='cochesecochese']This post is making most definitely happy sunshine of my news day. For my family and the soul I am thanking to you.[/quote]

I dont get it, I must have said something wrong huh?

My Best Buy here in Virginia has been doing this since last December. I bought a copy of Jump Superstars, mainly because I really want to support the idea in the hopes it expands to other, non-DS systems. Right now though the only import they stock regularly is Naruto 4. It's not a good deal by now, by the way, because they sell it for $50 and Play Asia has it for $20. It is really cool though to see any local store stocking imports, and maybe eventually they'll begin to do it for PSP/PS3 since they're region free too.

I've seen Jump Superstars at the Best Buy on Sidney Marcus (Target/Home Depot plaza) here in Atlanta. I was really surprised.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Anybody in Maryland find any import titles at Best Buy?[/quote]

The new Bestbuy in Owings Mills had Bleach DS and Naruto.

[quote name='MikeyRuin']I bought the Bleach 2nd DS game at the Levittown, NY Best Buy a week ago for $49.99. They have that and Naruto at most BB's on Long Island. I love the anime and i am learning Japanese so i thought it would be fun to learn with but i cant understand much at all. All the cut scenes are just text, so unless you print out a translation you wont get any of the story which to me is the good part of the game.[/quote]
Yeah, I picked it up at the same place as well. It was pretty fun to play even if I can't really understand whats going on. Of course there were a few mission that took me a while to beat since I had no idea what was going on.

[quote name='cycophuk']Fry's is usually good about imports for the DS. I never paid attention to other systems.[/QUOTE]

i thought frys may have had a few import xbox 360 games, but i wasnt looking too close since i dont have that system

[quote name='shinzero01']The new Bestbuy in Owings Mills had Bleach DS and Naruto.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I wonder if they have Jump Superstars.

bread's done
Back