Best Buy sending out coupon for Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 for 2 years

For people who signed up for GCU: Do you receive some kind of email confirmation within a few days? I have my receipt but I haven't heard anything more after signing up.
Check the website. They said it takes up to 24hours to show up on your account.

For people who signed up for GCU: Do you receive some kind of email confirmation within a few days? I have my receipt but I haven't heard anything more after signing up.
Some people said they got a welcome email with coupons, but I never did, and it's been over a week since I signed up. However, the discount and unlocked status should be active almost instantly, which you can check by adding a game to your cart or looking in your bestbuy account detail pages where it will list unlocked expiration date.

I think it has to do with some people being on bestbuy's email "offer" list and others not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to make sure. GCU is 20% off new games. So, for instance, Titanfall is $59.99 and would cost $47.99 before tax?

Rip , you are correct . Also pre-ordering Titanfall also nets you 10 rz certificate .
Thanks man. Just wanted to make sure. Im using my $30 GCU coupon soon and wanted to price everything out.

Side note. Is there a way for my friend to reserve and pick up his copy of Titanfall at another Best Buy so I can get the $10 cert from him as well? lol

Thanks man. Just wanted to make sure. Im using my $30 GCU coupon soon and wanted to price everything out.

Side note. Is there a way for my friend to reserve and pick up his copy of Titanfall at another Best Buy so I can get the $10 cert from him as well? lol
UP TO 3 copies a YEAR.

yes. It works. I did it with my brother. He bought a game and used my rewards number. I got the 10
So did he preorder it or just went out and bought it? Cause don't you have to reserve it to get the $10? Also he didn't have a problem with picking it up?

Sorry for all the questions. I just wanna make sure he gets the discount and I get the rewards.

No offense but why commit to 2 years of this? Business analysts predicting them going out of business, the way they've changed unlock since it's beginning without compensating current members and the like tells me to not commit to anything even for 2 years. Cause we all know as cats buying new is a suckers game.

No offense but why commit to 2 years of this? Business analysts predicting them going out of business, the way they've changed unlock since it's beginning without compensating current members and the like tells me to not commit to anything even for 2 years. Cause we all know as cats buying new is a suckers game.
You can't buy less than two years. Even at $60, the amount of money you would save within the first year, let alone the first couple months, will already get you ahead of your $60. I seriously doubt that you don't buy new games, especially with Best Buy basically having sales on good games first.

1. Those same analysts have also been predicting BB to go out of business for the last 4 years.
2. $30 for 2 years is a good deal.
3. That same good deal waaaaay pays off when I buy Titanfall, South Park CE, Dark Souls 2 CE, and possible ESO CE. (All things I'm getting at launch anyway)
Even after the card being $30, with those 4 games right there, I'm STILL saving an EXTRA $40.
4. Some of us cats (shout out to the 50s, lol) want to buy these games at launch.

Right.. but for now.. this sucker will get 20% off games that I'd ALREADY be buying new. (seriously, Titanfall.. I wanted the Statue in particular... that's $250... with this I pay $200) Disney Infinity toys 20% off. It they go out of business, I paid.. 30 bucks for 2 years.. of which.. I've already made a net gain thanks to the Titanfall purchase. I'm ahead on just a single purchase. Will I buy all games new? No, but the ones I wanted (like Bravely Default CE) I've gotten for a good price.

I'm still quite depressed I haven't got a coupon via email or offer or anything yet.

Regardless it's a very viable option for someone like me who doesn't want to buy used all the time and likes to purchase more expensive editions like collector's/limited editions for pre-order or at launch.

I'd be willing to pay $60 if someone has a $30 code they will throw up on eBay and PM me the link with a buy it now option. If that sounds weird, it's because I have that much in eBay bucks that expire on Sunday that I have no other use for. Seem's like a good way to not have to come out of a pocket on a coupon. The seller should clear around $52, I think.

I just called the number in the thread. I am a Gamers Club member since the old rewards program started but I have never been elite and I have not had GCU prior. The guy on the phone said the e-mail with the code is on the way... so we will see.

UPDATE: I have the e-mail for the $30 GCU. I would have been happy with the $60 but this is just awesome.

I just called the number in the thread. I am a Gamers Club member since the old rewards program started but I have never been elite and I have not had GCU prior. The guy on the phone said the e-mail with the code is on the way... so we will see.
I need to try calling again today. I tried on Tuesday and was transferred 5 times, disconnected twice, and nobody I did speak to was any help.

I called once and the guy I spoke to said I didn't get the email because I was not an existing elite/unlocked member. I always had the free gamer's club membership. He said this was a renewal coupon. I know he was correct, but has anyone been able to get the coupon anyways? If so, what did you say?

2 yrs, 20 yrs, 2 weeks, 2 days or 2 hrs it doesn`t matter. As long as you get the value back.
Just look at what GCU does to a B2G1 sale
($96)$60 = $32 each + 192 RZ pts
($80)$50 = $26.67 each + 160 RZ pts
($64)$40 = $21.33 + 128 RZ pts
($48)$30 = $16 each + 96 RZ pts
($32)$20 = $10.66 each + 64 RZ pts
($16)$10 = $5.33 each + 32 RZ pts

18 games for $336 + ($10)672 rz pts & that`s from just 1 sale. An instant game collection that covers the $60. You`re not gonna find a better deal than that.

I'd be willing to pay $60 if someone has a $30 code they will throw up on eBay and PM me the link with a buy it now option. If that sounds weird, it's because I have that much in eBay bucks that expire on Sunday that I have no other use for. Seem's like a good way to not have to come out of a pocket on a coupon. The seller should clear around $52, I think.
You do know that you will also have to pay $30 in store for the membership, making it $90 total right? I think you can get one for cheaper than $60.

is the limit inforced for rewards off preorders on the same game? fine print says limit one reward per title. but I dont know if they actually keep track of that

I signed up in-store today with the $60 coupon. It was pretty annoying. They had no clue what it was, and it took 15-20 minutes to get it set up. I can only imagine the future troubles I'll have getting my extra 10% on trades.

[quote name="scaryice" post="11487453" timestamp="1391134899"]I signed up in-store today with the $60 coupon. It was pretty annoying. They had no clue what it was, and it took 15-20 minutes to get it set up. I can only imagine the future troubles I'll have getting my extra 10% on trades.[/quote]the $30 coupon had step by step instructions. Did the $60? It was all right there too. Even gave SKU for GCU if they didn't have a scannable barcode available. super easy

The cashier gave me a funny look last night as I redeemed my $30 coupon like I was doing something wrong but I am now a GCU member.

I do have a question though. All Titanfall preorders were gone in my store. The clerk said they were pulled because the release date is so close (whatever). So I went home and preordered online for pickup in store. Will they ship a copy to the store to make sure my preorder is covered or am I just taking a gamble that I will get a copy? Thanks.

I was really impressed that GCU unlocked showed on my account by the time I got home so that was pretty cool.

Best Buy isn't going anywhere in two years. Business analysts predicted their death years ago, and last year their stock went through roof with everyone praising them. And now they're supposed to be dead again. I'll believe it when it happens.

Some people said they got a welcome email with coupons, but I never did, and it's been over a week since I signed up. However, the discount and unlocked status should be active almost instantly, which you can check by adding a game to your cart or looking in your bestbuy account detail pages where it will list unlocked expiration date.

I think it has to do with some people being on bestbuy's email "offer" list and others not.
Correction, I just got a welcome coupon email about 2 weeks after I signed up. I did notice the 20% off new games had a footnote that said "markdowns taken from REGULAR prices" though. I wonder if that is going to be enforced.

Well I just signed up. My best friend and I are gonna share it. He doesn't buy near what I do but for $30 for 2 years this should be worth it I guess

EDIT: do in store clearance games work? My best buy had one fire emblem left for 31.99, I'm gojng to try and hunt it down. I didn't have time earlier to look.

Are most people here using both their $30 coupon and $60 coupon to remain GCU until Feb. 2018? Or is that overkill? I only used the first coupon and want some advice.

Well I just signed up. My best friend and I are gonna share it. He doesn't buy near what I do but for $30 for 2 years this should be worth it I guess
EDIT: do in store clearance games work? My best buy had one fire emblem left for 31.99, I'm gojng to try and hunt it down. I didn't have time earlier to look.
Yep, I got lumines psv, marked in store clearance 17.99, for 14.38$.

Yep, I got lumines psv, marked in store clearance 17.99, for 14.38$.
Sweet! I'll have to go back by later.

On a completely unrelated note I met some buddies to watch the new Hercules. It's so horrible. I've got my brightness on my phone at its lowest and am just browsing CAG and reddit and having more fun.

[quote name="plus1zero" post="11492468" timestamp="1391296474"]Well I just signed up. My best friend and I are gonna share it. He doesn't buy near what I do but for $30 for 2 years this should be worth it I guess

EDIT: do in store clearance games work? My best buy had one fire emblem left for 31.99, I'm gojng to try and hunt it down. I didn't have time earlier to look.[/quote]it was working online so it should. Can always do in store pickup.

Anyone who still wants the $60 coupon, PM me or reply here. Would prefer to give to contributing CAG (like recent CAG Fund Child's Play donor or something). Or anyone at this point.

Correction, I just got a welcome coupon email about 2 weeks after I signed up. I did notice the 20% off new games had a footnote that said "markdowns taken from REGULAR prices" though. I wonder if that is going to be enforced.
The 20% comes off all new games on sale or not doesn`t matter. It just won`t stack with pm.

Q: Does the 20% off only apply to new games on one console? A: Nope, it applies to all new video games, including PC (with the exclusion of digital). The more games you buy, the more money you save. Game on.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Enhancement/td-p/723505?device-view=desktop

The 20% comes off all new games on sale or not doesn`t matter. It just won`t stack with pm.

Q: Does the 20% off only apply to new games on one console? A: Nope, it applies to all new video games, including PC (with the exclusion of digital). The more games you buy, the more money you save. Game on.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Enhancement/td-p/723505?device-view=desktop
Yeah, I know it's been working on sale prices up until now, but the wording in that email makes me think they might start trying to limit it to non-sale prices in the future.

I signed up in-store today with the $60 coupon. It was pretty annoying. They had no clue what it was, and it took 15-20 minutes to get it set up. I can only imagine the future troubles I'll have getting my extra 10% on trades.
Same situation as you buddy. It was a nightmare.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do the 2yr/$30 deal so I waited. Just looked back and saw that mine expired 12/31.  :wall: Did they send out another round of these via email? I never seem to get any of the $5 email certificates or any special offer emails so there's no way they'll send me one.

Renewed GCU today using my 2/$30 coupon. The 20% discount on day one was easily enough to convince me but looking at my Reward Zone account I never even thought about those purchase points piling up as well. The $30 renewal alone earned 105 pts so a $48 new release will earn 168pts or about $3.33 credit. (I have the BB RZ credit card so bonus points)

Bye bye Amazon and hello Best Buy!  Great deals for a day one whore like me.

I just called and tried to get it emailed to me.  I got cut down as the email states it is for people who's membership expired after May something 2013.  My GCU expired April 2013, so the guy wouldn't budge.  He was awesome though, and while looking up the coupon offer he noticed I had expired points from October (dunno how cause I used everything I had to get my Note3,) and he reinstated the cert for me.  So awesome customer service, didn't get what I wanted but was still worth the call for me.  Good luck to anyone else that tries, hopefully you get a nice guy like I had!

For those that are selling the physical 2yr/$30 coupons, how you sending them? I have a couple left but don't know how to guarantee it reaches the buyers hands by the 10th.

Submitted from my phone so sorry . Delete this, it said it wasn't posted.

Submitted from my phone so sorry . Delete this, it said it wasn't posted.

bread's done
Back