Best Buy Steelbooks

Yeah I'm surprised to see so many people complain about their steelbooks. I've gotten them from Amazon, BB and Target for YEARS and not a single one has ever had any damage

Yeah I'm surprised to see so many people complain about their steelbooks. I've gotten them from Amazon, BB and Target for YEARS and not a single one has ever had any damage
Never order them from overseas. They will be guaranteed to arrive damaged :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s one for you...

I got the Spider-Man CE for PS4 brand new, mint and sealed from Best Buy. I opened it myself a home, took the steelbook out of its custom fitted plastic tray, and it had dents in the back of the steelbook. I wrote insomniac, who said they can’t help and try to reach out to Sony.

Here’s one for you...

I got the Spider-Man CE for PS4 brand new, mint and sealed from Best Buy. I opened it myself a home, took the steelbook out of its custom fitted plastic tray, and it had dents in the back of the steelbook. I wrote insomniac, who said they can’t help and try to reach out to Sony.
Same thing happened with mine. Ended up returning the entire thing and just getting the vanilla copy.

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

I mean I probably fall into the same camp. Like big dents are of course obvious, but I don't really zero in on little marks/scuffs/scratches like some collectors do. I just enjoy looking at them and as long as there's nothing "this is glaringly obvious" I don't tend to look for problems.

So I put this to the thread: short of the fact that it's a steelbook and has different art, is it worth the $4-10 markup for it?

For the record, I have a few myself, but I'm looking at BB's Spiderverse version at $33, I can't see the justification simply for box art's sake for another $10 more. 

So I put this to the thread: short of the fact that it's a steelbook and has different art, is it worth the $4-10 markup for it?

For the record, I have a few myself, but I'm looking at BB's Spiderverse version at $33, I can't see the justification simply for box art's sake for another $10 more.
as always, it's subjective. For me, if I was going to buy the movie/game, the extra $5-10 is ok the majority of the time.

People want this steelbook but not the game?? I have the steelbook and game and not sure if I want to put it in my PS4 ever again
Get the steelbooks when they're available, get the games when they're cheap. Works less well for online games where the community has moved on by the time the game hits the bargain bin, though...

Not a BBY steelbook deal, but just wanted to mention that I received my order of RE2 steelbooks from  Amazon.de (Germany). Out of three, only one came with a slight, insignificant dent that's barely noticeable. The other two are in perfect condition. 

Not bad for $7.55 EUR each (about $8.55 US).  All sealed in factory wrap. Here's a link for those interested.  Price has gone up a bit to $8.99 EUR ($10.18 US).

https://www.amazon.de/Resident-Evil-Steelbook-Enth%C3%A4lt-Spiel/dp/B07HMK3PHD

People want this steelbook but not the game?? I have the steelbook and game and not sure if I want to put it in my PS4 ever again
I returned both the game and Steelbook because well, the game is a turd and will most likely get no support very soon. Better off to cut their losses and move on lol.

My Best Buy has two Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee steelbooks......and they wanted $40 each! WTF

I returned both the game and Steelbook because well, the game is a turd and will most likely get no support very soon. Better off to cut their losses and move on lol.
It definitely needs endgame content stat because my group already fell apart for the most part. Between issues when we played, like crashes, disconnects, etc, and the lack of interesting loot or carrot to keep us hooked -- the game just wasn't near ready for release. EA killed another one because people aren't going to come rushing back regardless of what is released at this point. It left too salty of a taste in everyone's mouth from the start, they're not going to want another bite just because they add some spice.

Not a BBY steelbook deal, but just wanted to mention that I received my order of RE2 steelbooks from Amazon.de (Germany). Out of three, only one came with a slight, insignificant dent that's barely noticeable. The other two are in perfect condition.

Not bad for $7.55 EUR each (about $8.55 US). All sealed in factory wrap. Here's a link for those interested. Price has gone up a bit to $8.99 EUR ($10.18 US).

https://www.amazon.de/Resident-Evil-Steelbook-Enth%C3%A4lt-Spiel/dp/B07HMK3PHD
How do you change the language to english of the site?

Damn Amazon DE site has become a cancer to my wallet.  I've become addicted to collecting steelbooks, and Amazon DE seems to be a great source of unique Steelbooks, many of them Europe-only, for a great price and very reasonable shipping, especially compared to eBay which is pretty much the only US source for those.

My Best Buy has two Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee steelbooks......and they wanted $40 each! WTF
Blame Nintendo. They sent those to Best Buy as an incentive to sell more copies of the game. Just be glad BB is free to price the Fallout and Battlefield steels as low as they want to get rid of them.

bread's done
Back