Best Buy takes my game back for $.01 and tells me to like it

[quote name='sobishop']How the hell did this reach 95 replies. The OP took advantage of the B2G1 free promo buy purchasing 3 games and then returned the "FREE" copy and profited a penny in the exchange. I don't see what he is upset about nor why anyone is siding with him. If they would have been three different games, guess what, they would have done a return on all three games and then rung it up again so that the two you kept were full price. As long as it says B2G1 promo on the receipt, it doesn't matter what all three are rung up as. The only person you need to bitch to is your own ignorance.[/QUOTE]

He posted his receipt, it actually had no indication of a bundle deal and charged him 39.99 for each game. Best Buy typically does indicate bundles on a receipt, I think they didn't in this case because it was an online purchase with in store pickup. If they weren't going to accept the return for the price he paid according to the receipt they should have told him up front. This seems like a case of a careless employee who didn't notice the return price differed from the stated price on the receipt and a subsequent manager unwilling to correct the mistake. I don't take issue with them denying the return, it is however wrong for them to arbitrarily give him a penny for something when the receipt says otherwise. If the receipt did say free or one penny, it would be less of a problem.

[quote name='caltab']He posted his receipt, it actually had no indication of a bundle deal and charged him 39.99 for each game. Best Buy typically does indicate bundles on a receipt, I think they didn't in this case because it was an online purchase with in store pickup. If they weren't going to accept the return for the price he paid according to the receipt they should have told him up front. This seems like a case of a careless employee who didn't notice the return price differed from the stated price on the receipt and a subsequent manager unwilling to correct the mistake. I don't take issue with them denying the return, it is however wrong for them to arbitrarily give him a penny for something when the receipt says otherwise. If the receipt did say free or one penny, it would be less of a problem.[/QUOTE]

I don't see a receipt posted anywhere. You say it DID NOT mention anything about the promo and yet the CS knew it was the promo? Regardless, now that your stating it was online, I am pretty sure there was a footnote or small clause at the bottom of the web page stating the rules and regulations of the promo. Whether he reads them or not, he is still held responsible. He should have been aware of how the exchange would go before he even stepped into the store. Out of courtesy, the CS should have mentioned how the exchange would go but is not a requirement by them. People who work in retail nowadays have completely no work ethic whatsoever so don't ever expect someone who works there to provide you with service.

[quote name='sobishop']I don't see a receipt posted anywhere. You say it DID NOT mention anything about the promo and yet the CS knew it was the promo? UOTE]

The receipt got taken down by a mod because of the host site he was using, but ya it absolutely had no indication of a bundle.

I took part in the B2G1 at BB, my receipt says:

--
9467067 39329
Borderlands 0.00 (reg 59.99 w/59.99- dollars off)

9467067 39329
Borderlands 59.99

9467067 39329
Borderlands 59.99

tax/subtotal/etc: $130.63 etc etc
--

That's how it should look.

If you try to return a promo game, you'll get 0.01 for it because that's how the computer has to generate a return for something that was part of a freebie. If i didn't like the extra game, I would have just exchanged it for something else.

When TRU does a game promo that gives you a GC, it subtracts the GC from the price of the game on the receipt so you only get that much registered for things like R rewards...I should know, I bought all 4 copies of my friends ODST for them.

[quote name='sobishop']I don't see a receipt posted anywhere. You say it DID NOT mention anything about the promo and yet the CS knew it was the promo? Regardless, now that your stating it was online, I am pretty sure there was a footnote or small clause at the bottom of the web page stating the rules and regulations of the promo. Whether he reads them or not, he is still held responsible. He should have been aware of how the exchange would go before he even stepped into the store. Out of courtesy, the CS should have mentioned how the exchange would go but is not a requirement by them. People who work in retail nowadays have completely no work ethic whatsoever so don't ever expect someone who works there to provide you with service.[/QUOTE]

He had a receipt posted, but had to take it down because of the site he uploaded it to. He should at least get his game back though, that is the only part that bothered me.

"Best Buy takes my game back for $.01 and tells me to like it"

If it bothers the OP, a lot of people got X-Blades for $0.00 and told BB to like it. :lol:;)

"Best Buy takes my game back for $.01 and tells me to like it"

If it bothers the OP, a lot of people got X-Blades for $0.00 and told BB to like it. :lol:;)

bread's done
Back