Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']I'm always a little hesitant to sell those pre-order codes on ebay. Without any tracking info i've heard horror stories of people getting chargebacks on them a lot.

Maybe it was just one person but I try not to get too involved in the pre-order code flipping. Has it worked out okay for other people here?[/QUOTE]

I have sold a shit ton of Pre-order DLC on eBay (Transformers Jazz codes, BLOPS map packs, Gears 3: Amazon and Best Buy codes).

I always put that they are purchasing the print out with the code. If they choose to have me just email it to them great but that way I believe I can slip past the eBay closing early. I have thus far not had a charge back occur (have them gift you the payment not use Paypal checkout)

[quote name='jer7583']I'm always a little hesitant to sell those pre-order codes on ebay. Without any tracking info i've heard horror stories of people getting chargebacks on them a lot.

Maybe it was just one person but I try not to get too involved in the pre-order code flipping. Has it worked out okay for other people here?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by chargebacks, I've been listing mine as no returns accepted and they sold.

[quote name='stoned99']A group of CAG's took the information to a private forum as far as I know. Invite only. I personally think it stinks, but maybe that's why I was never invited.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I took part of many a flips from that thread (Beowulf during the B2G1 Free with Halo 3 = Profit)

I wish I was able to get in on the private forum but I missed the boat on that.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']why cant others post flips here aswell? Is it some type of CAG law that only those people can do so?[/QUOTE]

Because the people doing the work to find the flips are not going to spend hours doing it and just post it here, regardless of whether they are in that forum or not.

[quote name='stoned99']What do you mean by chargebacks, I've been listing mine as no returns accepted and they sold.[/QUOTE]

Telling paypal that they didn't receive the item. They will normally side with the buyer and give them back the money. Which then gets taken out of your account.

Its a dick move but it can happen (and has to people)

[quote name='KtMack23']they have to be worth $5 tiv!!! Blaaaaaah!!!!!! Read the op!!!!!![/QUOTE]
The TC wasn't exactly sure though.

[quote name='joshnorm']I have sold a shit ton of Pre-order DLC on eBay (Transformers Jazz codes, BLOPS map packs, Gears 3: Amazon and Best Buy codes).

I always put that they are purchasing the print out with the code. If they choose to have me just email it to them great but that way I believe I can slip past the eBay closing early. I have thus far not had a charge back occur (have them gift you the payment not use Paypal checkout)[/QUOTE]

The very first time I sold a code, I sent it via email. Two weeks later, I received an item not received dispute. Forwarded paypal a copy of the email i sent, with the voucher code and everything. I even sent them info of 3 other guys that he was doing the exact same thing to and nope they still sided with the scammer and I was out $50. Never trust anyone on ebay, do what you have to do to protect yourself, in this case always send the physical codes to the confirmed address with delivery confirmation.

[quote name='edson13']The very first time I sold a code, I sent it via email. Two weeks later, I received an item not received dispute. Forwarded paypal a copy of the email i sent, with the voucher code and everything. I even sent them info of 3 other guys that he was doing the exact same thing to and nope they still sided with the scammer and I was out $50. Never trust anyone on ebay, do what you have to do to protect yourself, in this case always send the physical codes to the confirmed address with delivery confirmation.[/QUOTE]

You are still at the whimsy of the buyer though, since they can just say that it didn't work. When selling codes like that (especially codes that I didn't have to directly pay for) I just end up presuming that some % are lost causes, but if you average it out, I still came out ahead. As long as you didn't have to pay to ship it, you can get the fees back and then you are just out the code -- which sucks, but is part of doing business on the internet.

If they shifted it back to protect sellers, then ebay would just be a place where a bunch of people scam the other way (selling codes that don't exist because then the buyers would not be able to get their money back).

It is weird, IMO that paypal having been one of the pioneers of digital paying services is so opposed to digital stuff -- I mean, what more proof of delivery could they really need besides the actual e-mail of you sending it -- but that's the way they are.

Army Rescue (Wii) is $4.99 pre-owned at GameStop (4.49 after PRO card) and it has a $5 TIV at BestBuy.
Water Sports (Wii) is $6.99 pre-owned at GS ($6.29 after PRO) and it also has a $5 TIV at Best Buy.
Sled Shred (Wii) and Domino Rally (Wii) are $6.99 pre-owned at GS ($6.29 after PRO) and have a $5 TIV at Best Buy.

Of course, Trackmania (Wii) has been good for a while with a pre-owned price of 3.99 at GS and a BB TIV of $10.

And as someone else mentioned before, Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush (DS) sells for $5.99 at Best Buy and has $5 TIV.

I have emailed tons of codes on ebay, with the understanding that some may be disputed. In the end, none ever have. I did have to talk with customer service once about a problem though and was told that selling a code and then sending it through email is a violation and you can have your account permanently banned for it. Now I mail all codes. Depending on the feed back and price, I use Delivery confirmation, even if I'm just sending a print out of an email or a copy of a receipt.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']why cant others post flips here aswell? Is it some type of CAG law that only those people can do so?[/QUOTE]

No, but "loose lips sink ships" and TIVs :)

[quote name='kouleefoh']No, but if people put in the work to look up prices and TIV, they don't want to hand it out for free. Plus a lot of people here are either abusing trading in by doing it obnoxiously or as newbie, making a lot of mistakes doing it. Thats only going to causes problem for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I spent at least an hour looking for flips yesterday and could only come up with one. I would have posted it but it was already posted. Sometimes people do the legwork but come up wtih donuts. Can't get too angry at them for that....

I always post my flips here and will continue to do so. I don't spend hours, my time is money, but I keep an eye on timed deals and TIV. So I'll let everyone know after I roll one.

I just sold a pre-order code on ebay for the first time a little over a week ago. It was the GoW 3: "Mechanic Baird" DLC and I ended up getting ~$22 for it after auction fees. It's been over a week and I haven't heard back from the buyer, so I guess it's true "no news is good news". The only bad thing is that the buyer hasn't left me feedback yet.

Another key to being a good flipper is having good relations with your local store managers.
TRU, GS, BB, K-mart, Wal-Mart.....fill out a couple customer service satisfaction surveys and get in good with those guys.

Awesome experience today trading in. The guys actually listened to my suggestions for getting the trade to go smoother and were just overall very friendly and helpful.

^5 Altamonte Springs Best Buy

Sly Cooper
Wii Sports Resort
Dantes Inferno

$32.40 with 25% bonus + Gamers club

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I just sold a pre-order code on ebay for the first time a little over a week ago. It was the GoW 3: "Mechanic Baird" DLC and I ended up getting ~$22 for it after auction fees. It's been over a week and I haven't heard back from the buyer, so I guess it's true "no news is good news". The only bad thing is that the buyer hasn't left me feedback yet.[/QUOTE]

Most buyers of DLC have very low feedback (50% of mine were brand new accounts). And yeah... they never leave feedback /sigh

Haven't had one person accuse me of scamming or filing a dispute though, strangely. Just make sure their PP address is confirmed.

I was checking around the ps3 section and saw a sign saying "Preorder any game get an extra 40% for tradeins" had BF3 Assassin's Creed: Revalation and SR: The third on it, promo runs until 10/29.

Didn't get a start date but I think it said 10/9 or 10/8

I got the GoW 3 Baird code from BB even though I canceled my preorder. I sold it in eBay for $26 no problem within 24 hours of getting it!

:ds: America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking $3.99/$4.99 GS => $5 BB. (Please note that it trades in for :360: at BB :roll:, but pic is for :ds: so good luck with that!)

[quote name='phantomphoenix']:ds: America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking $3.99/$4.99 GS => $5 BB. (Please note that it trades in for :360: at BB :roll:, but pic is for :ds: so good luck with that!)[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully the UPC will scan... wait... gamestop... probably won't have a UPC to scan. Son of a bees wax.

great day. i ordered 12 games free shipping from gohastings, all $5 or less, all tiv's $6 or more. flipped all today, made +$60 + base. woot. glad it finally worked.
now i have my $20 awd crysis 2's, but im waiting for another 50%+ to flip it, if not ill go for 2/25%+10%. i have it locked in just in case. thanx cags. peace

[quote name='Velo214']great day. i ordered 12 games free shipping from gohastings, all $5 or less, all tiv's $6 or more. flipped all today, made +$60 + base. woot. glad it finally worked.
now i have my $20 awd crysis 2's, but im waiting for another 50%+ to flip it, if not ill go for 2/25%+10%. i have it locked in just in case. thanx cags. peace[/QUOTE]

50% (if you include gamer's club unlocked) bonus is coming around next week!

[quote name='Velo214']great day. i ordered 12 games free shipping from gohastings, all $5 or less, all tiv's $6 or more. flipped all today, made +$60 + base. woot. glad it finally worked.
now i have my $20 awd crysis 2's, but im waiting for another 50%+ to flip it, if not ill go for 2/25%+10%. i have it locked in just in case. thanx cags. peace[/QUOTE]

congrats
did you have to do separate transactions of 4 each?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I just sold a pre-order code on ebay for the first time a little over a week ago. It was the GoW 3: "Mechanic Baird" DLC and I ended up getting ~$22 for it after auction fees. It's been over a week and I haven't heard back from the buyer, so I guess it's true "no news is good news". The only bad thing is that the buyer hasn't left me feedback yet.[/QUOTE]

Both my DLC sales for GOW3 were fine. I have a 100% positive feedback score and almost 100 transactions. Both left positive feedback and were good to work with. You can set up restrictions on your seller account to weed out newbies and people who have too many disputed transactions in the last month in order to increase your chances of dealing with legit people.Under Buyer requirements I have the following settings.

• Don't have a PayPal account
  • Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 1 month(s)
  • Have 4 Policy violation report(s) within 1 month(s)
  • Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1

[quote name='donut']congrats
did you have to do separate transactions of 4 each?[/QUOTE]

You keep commenting/asking about having to do separate transactions for every 4 games, and while I can't speak for him, every single person who has done this promo successfully has had to do it separately if they had more than 4. I would recommend you simply expect that will be the case whenever you go in to do your trade.

yeah seperately 4 each. she didn't care tho. we were talking about her gauged ears and how she could fit her pinky through(ewww, lol) and she wanted me to buy her a sandwich. haha. but yeah do it 4 at a time ;)

also America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking? where is that on bbtiv? i have a few new at a gamestop 5 min from here, but idk...

thanx ill try to hold some $10+ tivs til then and hope they don't plummet!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Well hopefully the UPC will scan... wait... gamestop... probably won't have a UPC to scan. Son of a bees wax.[/QUOTE]

Like others have said, grab a copy off the shelf at BB (if they have it in stock) and have them scan the UPC to see what happens, as if you were going to trade it in. If your BB gaming dept. is cool with you, they should be able to help you out. Of course, you would want to do this before buying it from GS just in case it doesn't work. ;)

[quote name='Velo214']yeah seperately 4 each. she didn't care tho. we were talking about her gauged ears and how she could fit her pinky through(ewww, lol) and she wanted me to buy her a sandwich. haha. but yeah do it 4 at a time ;)

also America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking? where is that on bbtiv? i have a few new at a gamestop 5 min from here, but idk...

thanx ill try to hold some $10+ tivs til then and hope they don't plummet![/QUOTE]

It shows up under 360 for some reason (some games aren't listed right). If you are searching for it you simply can not put "America's" in there since the TIV search engine seems incapable of handling an apostrophe. Search all platforms for "Test Kitchen" and it pops up.

[quote name='Velo214']also America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking? where is that on bbtiv? i have a few new at a gamestop 5 min from here, but idk...
[/QUOTE]

It's under the :360: games. I know, I know... :roll: Also a great tip, never search with the word that has an apostrophe (') in it, e.g. America's.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']You keep commenting/asking about having to do separate transactions for every 4 games, and while I can't speak for him, every single person who has done this promo successfully has had to do it separately if they had more than 4. I would recommend you simply expect that will be the case whenever you go in to do your trade.[/QUOTE]

I commented on one other post and spent almost 2 hours Monday morning on the phone with various BBuy corporate staff. I was told they would also be fixing the need to conduct separate transactions for multiple groups of four.
I believe velo's location just started working today and I hoped ALL aspects were fixed.

oh and velo, were all your games scannable or did they have to manually input any titles ??? issues still with this? (this issue I did not discuss with BBuy as it was not discovered/posted until later in the day)

and Buzz, I m not an idiot who will ASSume anything...

[quote name='phantomphoenix']Like others have said, grab a copy off the shelf at BB (if they have it in stock) and have them scan the UPC to see what happens, as if you were going to trade it in. If your BB gaming dept. is cool with you, they should be able to help you out. Of course, you would want to do this before buying it from GS just in case it doesn't work. ;)[/QUOTE]

BBY employees are always shocked when you offer a suggestion to make it easier to conduct the trade-in. Sometimes they are so shocked that they have trouble wrapping their mind around the concept and get confused and angry, like a badger with roller-blades on.

[quote name='donut']I commented on one other post and spent almost 2 hours Monday morning on the phone with various BBuy corporate staff. I was told they would also be fixing the need to conduct separate transactions for multiple groups of four.
I believe velo's location just started working today and I hoped ALL aspects were fixed.

oh and velo, were all your games scannable or did they have to manually input any titles ??? issues still with this? (this issue I did not discuss with BBuy as it was not discovered/posted until later in the day)

and Buzz, I m not an idiot who will ASSume anything...[/QUOTE]

I actually deleted my post before you posted donut cause I believe I got you confused with someone else anyway, to be honest. Sorry bout that. Been watching my 2 year old nephew all day and I think my brain is mush.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']BBY employees are always shocked when you offer a suggestion to make it easier to conduct the trade-in. Sometimes they are so shocked that they have trouble wrapping their mind around the concept and get confused and angry, like a badger with roller-blades on.[/QUOTE]
:) Yeah, often times I hesitate to try and help, thinking that they may think I know how to do their job better, and that can be a bad thing. Sometimes it's just best to keep your mouth shut. But thankfully my BB gaming guys are cool and will listen to me without being offended.

Warning for anyone trading in Spiderman Web of Shadows Xbox. It shows up online as $5 but when you get to the store, it scans at $4.

As it was my fourth game, I got totally fucked today.

Are the trade-in prices listed on the Best Buy Trade-In-Center Accurate?

I have been one of those people keeping all of my games because I just didn't see the point in trading them in for a couple dollars, but now I have quite a few just sitting on the shelf with a ton of games I haven't even played yet. Plus with the extra $20 it puts a lot of them at the price I paid for them originally or more (Thanks to watching deals on CAG)

Need for Speed Undercover $5 (Paid $10)
Eat Lead $5 (Paid $10)
Iron Man 2 $6 (Paid $10)
Backbreaker $6 (Paid $10)

Dead Space $6 (Paid $10)
Prince of Persia $6 (Paid $10)
LittleBigPlanet $6 (Paid $10)
WWW Smackdown v. Raw 2010 $5 (Paid $25)

Paid $95 with the +$20 deal I'll get $85!
If it wasn't for WWE I'd be turning a profit.

So if those are the real trade-in-prices I may just have to make my first PS3 Games Trade-In. The $85 BB Gift Card would be nice for Black Friday.

actually all my games had barcodes, so they just scanned them.
i almost flipped two dragon age 2's i got for 13(gamefly) for 12(+5) but then i remembered i had it locked in @amazon for 21 tiv a few days ago(whew). so yeah...
seems all was good. only problem for me was i had to do a rebuy/return for gow o and icolossus and gow o went back to $40, so i had to have them pm online price. omg. ;)

[quote name='confoosious']Warning for anyone trading in Spiderman Web of Shadows Xbox. It shows up online as $5 but when you get to the store, it scans at $4.

As it was my fourth game, I got totally fucked today.[/QUOTE]

To be sure of the TIV, click 'get a quote' in the estimator. It will show the actual TIV. U can check with the above game. It shows $5 before quote but $4 after.

[quote name='cruzadel']To be sure of the TIV, click 'get a quote' in the estimator. It will show the actual TIV. U can check with the above game. It shows $5 before quote but $4 after.[/QUOTE]

One more thing, if u choose condition as non-playable, u will get $0.... LOL!

[quote name='cruzadel']To be sure of the TIV, click 'get a quote' in the estimator. It will show the actual TIV. U can check with the above game. It shows $5 before quote but $4 after.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Didn't realize you needed to do that. So dumb.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Well hopefully the UPC will scan... wait... gamestop... probably won't have a UPC to scan. Son of a bees wax.[/QUOTE]

Don't need a UPC. Scanner wasn't working and had to manually enter the UPC, but I still got the $20 bonus.

Thanks OP and CAG! Just went and traded the following:

Lego: SW Complete Saga
Prince of Persia
Medal of Honor
Split/Second

Got $26 + 2.xx Gamers Unlocked + $20 bonus = $48.xx total

Also, one of the employees that helped with my trade-in said he read "somewhere" that its actually $2, not $5, min. TIV to get the "Trade in 4 - get $20 bonus" - which immediately the other employee corrected him that it's $5 - then they proceeded to argue for a bit to see who is correct... lol

I believe the employee that said $2 was just misinformed.

[quote name='d33jays'] Also, one of the employees that helped with my trade-in said he read "somewhere" that its actually $2, not $5, min. TIV to get the "Trade in 4 - get $20 bonus" - which immediately the other employee corrected him that it's $5 - then they proceeded to argue for a bit to see who is correct... lol

I believe the employee that said $2 was just misinformed.[/QUOTE]

He may have been thinking about Gamestop's extra $10 when you trade in 3 games worth atleast $2.

I have a quick question that may have been answered already but I couldn't find it in the OP...

Can I trade in 2 of the same game for the 4 for $20 promotion?

Thanks!

Enter IamGodLike rant here...

[quote name='WV Matsui']I have a quick question that may have been answered already but I couldn't find it in the OP...

Can I trade in 2 of the same game for the 4 for $20 promotion?

Thanks!

Enter IamGodLike rant here...[/QUOTE]

yeah you can.

I did 3 trade ins today and one of the games (Enchanted Arms PS3) only had a $3 TIV. It adjusted the other games to reflect the $20 promo credit.

Enchanted Arms $3
Promotional Value $1.33
RZGCU $.30
Value/Card 4.63

The other games looked like this

Pilotwings Resort (2x)
Value $15
Promo Value $6.67 ($13.34 for both)
RZGCU $1.50
Value/Card $23.17 (46.34 for both)

Dead Rising 3 $12
Promo Value $5.33
RZGCU $1.20
Value/Card $18.53

Cart Total
Quoted Cart $45
Promo Value $20
RZGCU $4.50
Total Value $69.50

Has anyone else had luck with a game value lower than $5?

[quote name='NLW1999']I did 3 trade ins today and one of the games (Enchanted Arms PS3) only had a $3 TIV. It adjusted the other games to reflect the $20 promo credit.

Enchanted Arms $3
Promotional Value $1.33
RZGCU $.30
Value/Card 4.63

The other games looked like this

Pilotwings Resort (2x)
Value $15
Promo Value $6.67 ($13.34 for both)
RZGCU $1.50
Value/Card $23.17 (46.34 for both)

Dead Rising 3 $12
Promo Value $5.33
RZGCU $1.20
Value/Card $18.53

Cart Total
Quoted Cart $45
Promo Value $20
RZGCU $4.50
Total Value $69.50

Has anyone else had luck with a game value lower than $5?[/QUOTE]

Looks like as long you trade in 4 games. $20 will split between them. You might need some game that is over $5 TIV though.

bread's done
Back