Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah wish I would have known the trigger or what games exactly worked for the B2G1 glitch. I had tried 2 3DS games + Skyrim (the version of Skyrim I tried is not important and so wont be mentioned here) and it didnt work.

[quote name='io']Made a small trade tonight at BBY - still not banned...[/QUOTE]

Didn't have the same luck. I was banned when I did my test trade yesterday. It was good while it lasted 9K+ Visa 9K+ Kindle 1K+ BBY

I'm pretty sure its just a volume thing, my friend was banned after 2-3 weeks of trading in. He went over the limit on maybe 1 or 2 games so he was just really unlucky if not.

There's no way that Disney Adventures thread would have blown up the way it did without that glitch known. And it didn't even start as a glitch thread lol. Its sad Joe many people probably sold the game after getting their other 2 games .

[quote name='Toss']Was that a tumble weed I saw blow by? Thread/deal of the year R.I.P.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I just did my first trade in to Amazon in probably 8 months. Not a good sign for Best Buy's trade-in program when it was still better to trade in there than with their 40% bonus.

And of course I just got my $100 reward zone certificate, the week after I bought a 3DS.

[quote name='Phoeniix']Didn't have the same luck. I was banned when I did my test trade yesterday. It was good while it lasted 9K+ Visa 9K+ Kindle 1K+ BBY

I'm pretty sure its just a volume thing, my friend was banned after 2-3 weeks of trading in. He went over the limit on maybe 1 or 2 games so he was just really unlucky if not.[/QUOTE]

When was your last successful trade in? I think a few more waves of bannings are on the horizon....

[quote name='strait edge follower']Don't worry guys this thread will be great again at the start of next year :)[/QUOTE]

that's what im hoping for also.

I haven't done a trade to BB in a while either(since before BF), so maybe I'll have to do a test trade sometime soon. Although I wonder what the gaming rep would say if I said nevermind after seeing the transaction going all the way through without that message screen popping up.

I think the fact that Best Buy still does not have games like Super Mario 3d Land that have been out for over a month on the trade in list means that Best Buy has almost given up on the video game trade in program.

[quote name='UNC5052']I think the fact that Best Buy still does not have games like Super Mario 3d Land that have been out for over a month on the trade in list means that Best Buy has almost given up on the video game trade in program.[/QUOTE]
What they NEED to do is actually start processing games IN-STORE and anything that gets traded in gets gutted(ala Gamestop) and put out on the shelf IMMEDIATELY.

I know in some areas they can't do this due to the pawn shop laws and what not, but it begs to be asked. Why can Gamestop immediately put out most items while BB sends theirs away to be 'processed'.

Moreover, whoever is processing what each store gets back in shipments of used games really needs to triple check what they're sending stores. Both stores around here have 3+ copies of some titles(Two Worlds 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc), while having very few really unique or newer titles.

But that's the way it's been at EVERY BB store I've been to when I've checked their used game section.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What they NEED to do is actually start processing games IN-STORE and anything that gets traded in gets gutted(ala Gamestop) and put out on the shelf IMMEDIATELY.

I know in some areas they can't do this due to the pawn shop laws and what not, but it begs to be asked. Why can Gamestop immediately put out most items while BB sends theirs away to be 'processed'.

Moreover, whoever is processing what each store gets back in shipments of used games really needs to triple check what they're sending stores. Both stores around here have 3+ copies of some titles(Two Worlds 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc), while having very few really unique or newer titles.

But that's the way it's been at EVERY BB store I've been to when I've checked their used game section.[/QUOTE]

This is the exact conversation I had with someone who works at Best Buy corporate a couple of weekends ago.

It's amazing how their used game prices are the same as gamestops (some are worse than gs) and yet gs can move their used games while at bestbuy's they just sit there. They need to drop the use prices. They will still make profit of each used game sold but just not as much as they would like. I mean how the heck can a used copy of pop the forgotten sands cost 14.99 used while a new copy is now 5$ ? That's crazy

[quote name='strait edge follower']It's amazing how their used game prices are the same as gamestops (some are worse than gs) and yet gs can move their used games while at bestbuy's they just sit there. They need to drop the use prices. They will still make profit of each used game sold but just not as much as they would like. I mean how the heck can a used copy of pop the forgotten sands cost 14.99 used while a new copy is now 5$ ? That's crazy[/QUOTE]

The fact that they are new to selling used games is very obvious. Truth be told, I think roughly 45% of Best Buy's problems would either go away or at least see significant improvement if they just had a better IT department.

There is no reason why they are having such a terrible year as far as sales go, compared to other stores. They have had better sales than any other retailer I can think of, they have enough stores to gain access to most markets, they have a free rewards program that gives you money back for shopping with them, a generous price match and price adjustment policy which includes price matching their own site and speaking of their site, they offer in store pick-up and free shipping to store on tons of products. Everything doesn't always work the way it should, but when you really compare them to other retailers from a consumer perspective they really should be doing better.

[quote name='KtMack23']So their are 50 cent games now, just looked at guitar hero for ps2.[/QUOTE]
Just noticed that too when I was looking at Madden and NCAA, looks like its only PS2 games. Probably got way to many now and they don't know what to do with them.

I just saw this thread and remembered how, up until a few weeks ago, we used to trade massive amounts of games into BB instead of buying massive amounts. Oh, how the times have changed.

[quote name='sgaldis']I just saw this thread and remembered how, up until a few weeks ago, we used to trade massive amounts of games into BB instead of buying massive amounts. Oh, how the times have changed.[/QUOTE]

And this is why you can't build a trade-in service that caters to CAGs. (You can't build any business that caters to CAGs, really.)

The vast majority of CAGs don't care about service or anything, just the $. So now that the TIVs have all tanked on BB, nobody cares about them.

[quote name='confoosious']And this is why you can't build a trade-in service that caters to CAGs. (You can't build any business that caters to CAGs, really.)

The vast majority of CAGs don't care about service or anything, just the $. So now that the TIVs have all tanked on BB, nobody cares about them.[/QUOTE]
Not all of them have tanked, but most of the ones that're still good aren't able to be found cheaply now due to being sold out from where some of us were acquiring them before.:cry:

But yeah, you're right. Very few of us have real 'loyalty' to any chain/store. I go where the deals are at the prices I wanna pay. If those deals dry up, then until/unless they return then I do not patronize those establishments.:booty:

Got ban hammer today. Never went over 3 limit. Maybe 1k in trade ins this year. Only bought 100 in kindle cards. Fulfilled 5 of the 7preorders I made .

[quote name='KtMack23']So their are 50 cent games now, just looked at guitar hero for ps2.[/QUOTE]

Very strange values, Guitar Hero 5 gets $0.50 that is newer than Guitar Hero World Tour yet that gets $2 and the 3 pack of Guitar Hero games only gets $0.50

Same thing with MLB Power Pros, the original version gets $2.00, the 2008 version which I guess should be considered the sequel gets $0.50

I have a feeling that BB is gonna pull a WM and end their attempt at entering the used gaming market soon. I haven't seen many of the used titles they have in stock move since they got them in. That includes the stack of 7-10 copies of :ps3:Two Worlds 2, the 4-5 copies of MGS4 and the various other titles they have with multiples of multiples.

Hopefully they have a blowout sale to eliminate stock both online and in-store though. It'd be good to grab some stuff to add to the backlog for cheap again.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have a feeling that BB is gonna pull a WM and end their attempt at entering the used gaming market soon. I haven't seen many of the used titles they have in stock move since they got them in. That includes the stack of 7-10 copies of :ps3:Two Worlds 2, the 4-5 copies of MGS4 and the various other titles they have with multiples of multiples.

Hopefully they have a blowout sale to eliminate stock both online and in-store though. It'd be good to grab some stuff to add to the backlog for cheap again.;)[/QUOTE]

I saw tons of used Brink in store. I am just feeling bad for BBY.

[quote name='foreinter']I saw tons of used Brink in store. I am just feeling bad for BBY.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It's one thing if the stores were selling these games, but they don't even advertise they have them. They just have them tossed on another shelf in each consoles' section and hope the customers will see them and buy them.:roll:

They really need their employees to start shilling for the used titles like Gamestop's drones do.

"Oh you wanna buy (insert game's name) for 360? Well we have it used over here for $5-10 less"

It may pester and annoy some people(me), but at least if enough people heard that they sell used games more customers might begin to know about them and they might move some stock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. It's one thing if the stores were selling these games, but they don't even advertise they have them. They just have them tossed on another shelf in each consoles' section and hope the customers will see them and buy them.:roll:

They really need their employees to start shilling for the used titles like Gamestop's drones do.

"Oh you wanna buy (insert game's name) for 360? Well we have it used over here for $5-10 less"

It may pester and annoy some people(me), but at least if enough people heard that they sell used games more customers might begin to know about them and they might move some stock.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that they are usually not $5-10 less and it is pretty sad where it is heading:whistle2:(.
Hopefully they will pick it back up when there is another storm of releases coming out as I was able to flip ~$900 (spent ~$600 and got to play a lot of newer games like BAC, BF3, Rage, Gears 3, LotR:WitN, etc.) which I used to buy 2 laptops and some other stuff.

[quote name='shady520']Problem is that they are usually not $5-10 less and it is pretty sad where it is heading:whistle2:(.
Hopefully they will pick it back up when there is another storm of releases coming out as I was able to flip ~$900 (spent ~$600 and got to play a lot of newer games like BAC, BF3, Rage, Gears 3, LotR:WitN, etc.) which I used to buy 2 laptops and some other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Sometimes their prices for the used copies are higher than their new/sealed copies. They're also usually one of the last places to mark down stuff that's dropped in MSRP besides GS.

fuck !!!!!! Well so much for my trips to gamestop so I could raid their 99 cent games. I'm not surprised though as if I was in bestbuy corporate I would have done the same. Should I start flipping to amazon again and also to gamestop ? I love flipping and I don't want it to die out :(

This always happens after Black Friday till the end of the year. All those crazy sale prices lowered the TIV. Almost every game since BF has dropped to 30-40 dollars at least once. But it didn't help with all the flippers. Hopefully they'll recover early next year.

dear Lord...i was going to go in tonight and trade in MW3 to get the used copy of Deus Ex at my local store but i see the TIV is only $19???

holy shit....Gamestop still gives a guaranteed $30 for MW3..i at least expected $25, but not $19.

Even with the 30% bonus towards preorder and my 10% for unlocked, i'd only get like $26.50 -_- ....

was hoping it wouldve worked out good since i also had $15 in RZ certs..

[quote name='jcp42877']dear Lord...i was going to go in tonight and trade in MW3 to get the used copy of Deus Ex at my local store but i see the TIV is only $19???

holy shit....Gamestop still gives a guaranteed $30 for MW3..i at least expected $25, but not $19.

Even with the 30% bonus towards preorder and my 10% for unlocked, i'd only get like $26.50 -_- ....

was hoping it wouldve worked out good since i also had $15 in RZ certs..[/QUOTE]
They're doing a B2G1 again at BB on their used games. But anyway, I think GS is doing a 50% bonus promo with any pre-owned purchase still. So if they count the $30 guaranteed tiv as the base, you could get $45 for MW3 and $48 after PUR is added in.;)

Just something to think about.

EDIT: Scratch that. The promo ended on the 17th.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They're doing a B2G1 again at BB on their used games. But anyway, I think GS is doing a 50% bonus promo with any pre-owned purchase still. So if they count the $30 guaranteed tiv as the base, you could get $45 for MW3 and $48 after PUR is added in.;)

Just something to think about.

EDIT: Scratch that. The promo ended on the 17th.:cry:[/QUOTE]

the guaranteed 30 is the promo.

wont stack with anything but power up.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']the guaranteed 30 is the promo.

wont stack with anything but power up.[/QUOTE]

However, if the base is higher with percentage, it will do that instead. I traded in Skyrim for 41.xx with the 50% promo (base trade in is 26, not much lower than 30). Thats 11 more than the 30 dollar "bonus."

[quote name='sylveranking']However, if the base is higher with percentage, it will do that instead. I traded in Skyrim for 41.xx with the 50% promo (base trade in is 26, not much lower than 30). Thats 11 more than the 30 dollar "bonus."[/QUOTE]

Why would you trade in Skyrim!? :(

[quote name='KtMack23']Why would you trade in Skyrim!? :([/QUOTE]

Had fun with it for about 5 hours or so, but after I just found myself playing other games (American McGees Alice to be exact). Due to the B1G1 50% at Amazon I was able to play Skyrim for free. No regrets there. The only games that I ever find myself playing for hours on end are JRPGs, Disgaea being the one I most spent my time on (300+ hours across the first 2 games).

I finally did a test trade earlier today with a copy of :ps3:Bulletstorm and I had them go all the way through the transaction right up past the part where they put in your DL# and what not.

I didn't see the 'call this number' screen pop up so when he got to the screen to load up the gift card with my $6 in credit for BS I told him I forgot to give him my RZ card cuz I'm in the Gamer's Club Unlocked. Then I remarked how I guess I'll keep the game since it's only getting $6 and left.

So it would appear that I am not banned as of now.

I bs'd with the one supervisor for the gaming/media department a bit after doing the test trade and he said he's done a lot of trades too and he's never heard of people being banned. But he figured if anything it would have to be cancelling pre-orders that you got bonuses for that probably did it, since they DO count as returns in the system.

stop by my local bby today and saw my gamer guys there. they were asking me why i stop trading. said their trade numbers dropped drastically since i and the other dude (was banned, per bby gamers' employee) stop trading. hahahaha. Just told him b/c of the recent TIV drops, was not worth my time anymore.

I can only imagine how many BBY gamer's employee across the 50 states are thinking now. BBY corporate screw them and their trade-in numbers.

hahaha

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit OT but talk about being screwed. Did pick up order for a CE guide. Go there to pick it up and they process the transaction but they don't have the guide in-stock. Now I have no guide and a receipt of a guide I never received. All I have is a gentleman's trust and agreement that I will received my refund tomorrow since their in-store pickup system doesn't allow returns of pickup orders same day. What a waste of my time. I should be seething with anger but I am not...maybe it is just building up ready to burst out at corporate.

[quote name='nas6034']A bit OT but talk about being screwed. Did pick up order for a CE guide. Go there to pick it up and they process the transaction but they don't have the guide in-stock. Now I have no guide and a receipt of a guide I never received. All I have is a gentleman's trust and agreement that I will received my refund tomorrow since their in-store pickup system doesn't allow returns of pickup orders same day. What a waste of my time. I should be seething with anger but I am not...maybe it is just building up ready to burst out at corporate.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I sympathize as a similar situation happened to me. I ordered 3 nintendogs but they only had 1 in stock but the employee printed out a receipt which said I picked up all 3. I only realized this as I went to my car so I tried to sort it out afterwards but was told the same about not being able to return pickups the same day. I also told them that who would believe me that I picked up only 1 when 3 was listed on the receipt. The employee then wrote their name down and wrote my order number down so it can be taken care of first thing the next day. To no ones surprise absolutely nothing was done so I had to trudge back to the store to get it straightened out. After explaining my problem to 4 different employees, mercifully the refund was given but if I wasn't proactive about it, the problem might have gotten worse.

Sorry for that long tirade but you have to bug them I believe and hope you meet the same employee who will vouch for your claims. That way it is easier to explain why you didn't pick up anything despite having a receipt that says otherwise.

Stupid Jr detectives. So I'm in best buy today to buy Pilot Wings, Steel Driver, and Nintendogs to flip to ToysRUs and GameStop.

I'm at customer service to get them price adjusted and I have 3 pilot wings, 4 steel driver, and 3 Nintendogs, because that was all they. The lady checking me out asks why I'm buying so many, and I say some are gifts and I'm just trading in the rest. She says, "Oh, you can't trade them in here!" considering I have bought games and traded them right back in, I ask why not. She says "oh it has to be at least 30 days after purchase before you can trade them in to best buy." I ask how they would know since they don't require a receipt. She then says that they give more trade in credit to games that were bought from best buy and you need a receipt with their "new trade in program".

Why do best buy employes feel the need to just make up total bullshit? It's really annoying honestly. I still made bank either way, but I'm buying their games, what more do they need to know!?

[quote name='KtMack23']Stupid Jr detectives. So I'm in best buy today to buy Pilot Wings, Steel Driver, and Nintendogs to flip to ToysRUs and GameStop.

I'm at customer service to get them price adjusted and I have 3 pilot wings, 4 steel driver, and 3 Nintendogs, because that was all they. The lady checking me out asks why I'm buying so many, and I say some are gifts and I'm just trading in the rest. She says, "Oh, you can't trade them in here!" considering I have bought games and traded them right back in, I ask why not. She says "oh it has to be at least 30 days after purchase before you can trade them in to best buy." I ask how they would know since they don't require a receipt. She then says that they give more trade in credit to games that were bought from best buy and you need a receipt with their "new trade in program".

Why do best buy employes feel the need to just make up total bullshit? It's really annoying honestly. I still made bank either way, but I'm buying their games, what more do they need to know!?[/QUOTE]
This annoys the piss out of me too. Lie lie lie. You only need to say one word: gifts

It's none of their fucking business.

What bugs me is you morons who have to talk like they are going to be your friend, give you a job, or go on a date with you. :drool:

Just say, "Gifts for friends." :cold:

I sometimes get.... "You sure have a lot of friends".

I say "Yup". :cold:

Then go bank.

How much is GameStop giving for those games? The latest TIV on here for PilotWings says $12 but from 52 days ago, does anyone know know of a more recent lookup?

[quote name='natboy']How much is GameStop giving for those games? The latest TIV on here for PilotWings says $12, does anyone know know of a more recent lookup?[/QUOTE]

I got $16 for each after power up bonus and and the 3 for $10 bonus.

[quote name='KtMack23']Stupid Jr detectives. So I'm in best buy today to buy Pilot Wings, Steel Driver, and Nintendogs to flip to ToysRUs and GameStop.

Why do best buy employes feel the need to just make up total bullshit? It's really annoying honestly. I still made bank either way, but I'm buying their games, what more do they need to know!?[/QUOTE]

I've started telling anyone that asks retarded questions like that that "I have a crippling sexual fetish" I've never had anyone ask a follow-up question, but if they do, my plan is to say "I'm going to rub my balls on all of these"

Unfortunately, I've been real busy and haven't flipped really anything in a while, (other than the 3 DOTDs from today to get some prof layton games).

according to next weeks ad there'll be a 50% bonus trade-in when pre-ordering "one of 11 select titles". Soul Caliber V, Max Payne 3, FFXIII-2, and Mass Effect 3 are shown. Not sure when the promo will go until.

Now not sure if I should try to sell off some games or trade into GS since they are part of the guaranteed $30 tiv promo (does PUR stack and give $33?).

bread's done
Back