Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Visa GCs are they usually anywhere on the floor (like Amazon Kindle cards) or are they strictly behind the checkout counters?

[quote name='bgame2']The Visa GCs are they usually anywhere on the floor (like Amazon Kindle cards) or are they strictly behind the checkout counters?[/QUOTE]

My store has them on a big display, on the floor, close to the front with nothing but gift/ prepaid cards.

[quote name='akuma77']the best buy trade in center online doesn't show gamecube games.
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

are you sure they accept it?? o.0

do we have to go in store and they check prices for you?[/QUOTE]

You can type in the game's UPC on the back, into the search box. If the game shows up then they accept it, but I don't think they tale

I don't know if they accept gamecube games, but you can type the UPC of your game into the search box to find out.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Will Best Buy take games that have the not for resale box over the UPC? I have a copy of Warriors Of Rock that I want to take in along with some other games.[/QUOTE]

Yes they will. At least they are suppose to.

Hell you can just bring the disc in if you want and they take those all the time from folks on this thread.

[quote name='aznhero913']Yes they will. At least they are suppose to.

Hell you can just bring the disc in if you want and they take those all the time from folks on this thread.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks. I'll do that. The last time I brought in my Steelbook copy of Black Ops, it took the guys like five minutes to realize it was Black Ops...

[quote name='rey6eric']You can type in the game's UPC on the back, into the search box. If the game shows up then they accept it, but I don't think they tale

I don't know if they accept gamecube games, but you can type the UPC of your game into the search box to find out.[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch of games in Best Buy's system in the store that do not show up online.

[quote name='wwfward']Does the pre-order have to be on a new game? I want to trade in one game but use it for an existing pre-order (Halo HD). Is that possible?[/QUOTE]

This will depend on the person helping you and/or the manager. I've experienced both sides of the coin for this one before (different stores).

[quote name='chuckywang']This will depend on the person helping you and/or the manager. I've experienced both sides of the coin for this one before (different stores).[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks a lot.

[quote name='wwfward']One more question: Does the 40% and 25% promotion stack?[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. Search the thread this has been asked waaaaaay to much

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i brought a few wor n dj hero 2 games in ;) free turntables, mics and guitars :)[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing with my second copy of Warriors of Rock. I also traded in Sonic Free Riders that I got with my Kinect bundle from ebay. By far one of the worst Kinect games out...ended up with $29 credit. They also charged tax on the pre order...Oh will I'm not going to pick up Metal Gear Solid HD collection at fill price anyways...

So I'm a little slow so forgive me. If I trade in Alan Wake ($8) and Reach ($16) for a total of $24, they will give me a 40% bonus making it approx $34 on it to preorder a game like BF3?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']So I'm a little slow so forgive me. If I trade in Alan Wake ($8) and Reach ($16) for a total of $24, they will give me a 40% bonus making it approx $34 on it to preorder a game like BF3?[/QUOTE]
Yes, $33.6 and you could used $5 from that GC for the preorder.

I couldnt bear to see 40 games out of my collection be traded in...thats a nice chunk u got for them tho...are you going to use that all for pre-orders?

[quote name='Byakurai']Ended up trading in a good chunk of my PS3
collection. Got $460 for ~40 games. :D[/QUOTE]

And another good AMZ 2 BB flip will die thanks to SD. This will be the 4th that SD kill since I started flipping at the beginning of this year. Please hold till Friday.

[quote name='tepro']And another good AMZ 2 BB flip will die thanks to SD. This will be the 4th that SD kill since I started flipping at the beginning of this year. Please hold till Friday.[/QUOTE]

I saw. WTF? No need to tell the whole fucking world. Thankfully my stuff comes today.

[quote name='tepro']And another good AMZ 2 BB flip will die thanks to SD. This will be the 4th that SD kill since I started flipping at the beginning of this year. Please hold till Friday.[/QUOTE]

What game?

in all honesty, most of those flips have been going more than a week. you should have already jumped on deals like flips by now anyway. slickdeals is actually late on those. and iv already platted and flipped those others as well. but if in doubt, just lock it in and at least you won't risk being out any amazon cred.

[quote name='akuma77']can anyone confirm that bestbuy takes gamecube games?[/QUOTE]

They do NOT. I have already tried at the kiosk last week. :cry:

[quote name='Gosha']What game?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing Dead space 2.

I love how people on this thread, like you, bash SD for doing THE EXACT same thing YOU are doing!

[quote name='jdb230']I love how people on this thread, like you, bash SD for doing THE EXACT same thing YOU are doing![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I'm all for flipping so I have no issue with that, but it's just silly to give slick deals so much "credit" for things that happen.

(sees post)
(reads post)
(checks Join Date: Jun 2011)
(checks number of posts: 37 posts)

Yeah stop bitching.
Don't fucking complain about flips that have been out since fucking forever. When SD gets all the flips after we find them.
Shit.
You're almost as bad as the one guy on every page who cant use the search thread function to check and see if 40% and 25% stack. which to the fucker who's going to do it on this page they don't.

First time trading at BB and I liked it. Traded in 4 games, Apache, MMA, Final Fantasy, and Mysims Skyheros and got $41 giftcard. Much better than gamestop as I am not forced to just buy games.

[quote name='buster90']First time trading at BB and I liked it. Traded in 4 games, Apache, MMA, Final Fantasy, and Mysims Skyheros and got $41 giftcard. Much better than gamestop as I am not forced to just buy games.[/QUOTE]

I know that's right. I'm looking to get a laptop soon so I might just use my credit on that.

[quote name='buster90']First time trading at BB and I liked it. Traded in 4 games, Apache, MMA, Final Fantasy, and Mysims Skyheros and got $41 giftcard. Much better than gamestop as I am not forced to just buy games.[/QUOTE]

I, like others, have turned some of mine into Amazon credit. Helped pay for my video card in my new comp. I love flexibilty of it. I see no need to trade into Gamestop, even if the TIVs are better.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']I couldnt bear to see 40 games out of my collection be traded in...thats a nice chunk u got for them tho...are you going to use that all for pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I put $5 down on Deus Ex and then kept the rest on a gift card.

[quote name='biggie2123']Does the 40% extra credit also apply when trading a DSXL? I would unload mine for $140 if that was the case!.[/QUOTE]I would like to know this too. I would be willing to trade in my psp go if I can get the extra 40%.

I want trade in games for 40% bonus, but I already pre-ordered Gears Of War from them. Do I have to pre-order another copy of Gears? I don't want to pre-order a game I have no intention of buying.

[quote name='popular penguin']I want trade in games for 40% bonus, but I already pre-ordered Gears Of War from them. Do I have to pre-order another copy of Gears? I don't want to pre-order a game I have no intention of buying.[/QUOTE]

Cancel your preorder and then preorder it again. Done.

[quote name='Abeja']I, like others, have turned some of mine into Amazon credit. Helped pay for my video card in my new comp. I love flexibilty of it. I see no need to trade into Gamestop, even if the TIVs are better.[/QUOTE]

Well I do if you max out your trade-in limit at Best Buy for the year ;)

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Well I do if you max out your trade-in limit at Best Buy for the year ;)[/QUOTE]

What is the limit?

3 titles per console a year, 6 months , or 3 months?

[quote name='aznhero913']What is the limit?

3 titles per console a year, 6 months , or 3 months?[/QUOTE]

3 titles per console a year. Amazon has it limited to 2 per 3 months.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']3 titles per console a year. Amazon has it limited to 2 per 3 months.[/QUOTE]

To Clarify, it's 3 of the SAME title per console per year. Not just any 3 titles per console, otherwise they wouldn't have taken my 20 360 games a few weeks back.

[quote name='DudeImGodly'](sees post)
(reads post)
(checks Join Date: Jun 2011)
(checks number of posts: 37 posts)

Yeah stop bitching.
Don't fucking complain about flips that have been out since fucking forever. When SD gets all the flips after we find them.
Shit. [/QUOTE]

fuck you Dude, what the fuck you got up your ass this morning? Yeah! I joined Cag in Jun 2011 and have 37 posts, so the fuck what? Your joined date is March 2011, what your fucking point?

No, I wasn't complaining, I was just making an observation about how everytime a flip was posted on SD, TIV tank. I like CAG because unlike SD, there are no threads that said "Look here, this is how to make a profit from BB". CAGs posted prices and let flippers do their own work. From the Amazon thread, I already knew about Bulletstorm for 2 weeks and there were at least 2 comments about flipping the game to BB, TIV haven't drop. Watch and see how many days it will take from the SD post.

Again, fuck you and your fucking attitDude.

[quote name='Velo214']in all honesty, most of those flips have been going more than a week. you should have already jumped on deals like flips by now anyway. slickdeals is actually late on those. and iv already platted and flipped those others as well. but if in doubt, just lock it in and at least you won't risk being out any amazon cred.[/QUOTE]

Flipping is my rush now since the Fed closed down all the online poker sites. Even if i lose $10 a game, its still minute compare to what I can lose a day playing poker. Beside, I was dragging my feet 'cause +$6 seem so damn low now after my +$80 w/ blops prestige

[quote name='tepro']Flipping is my rush now since the Fed closed down all the online poker sites. Even if i lose $10 a game, its still minute compare to what I can lose a day playing poker. Beside, I was dragging my feet 'cause +$6 seem so damn low now after my +$80 w/ blops prestige[/QUOTE]

I made $100 on each prestige and got to keep the 2 rc cars too.

[quote name='popular penguin']I want trade in games for 40% bonus, but I already pre-ordered Gears Of War from them. Do I have to pre-order another copy of Gears? I don't want to pre-order a game I have no intention of buying.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Cancel your preorder and then preorder it again. Done.[/QUOTE]

Making a duplicate preorder to be cancelled later is unnecessary. I just bring my preorder receipt everytime i go in-store to do a trade-in. The associate just checks the box and credits me the 40% seeing that I have proof of a preorder receipt.

Having a lot of returns/cancellations under your ID is asking for trouble down the line.

[quote name='Donut2922']Making a duplicate preorder to be cancelled later is unnecessary. I just bring my preorder receipt everytime i go in-store to do a trade-in. The associate just checks the box and credits me the 40% seeing that I have proof of a preorder receipt.

Having a lot of returns/cancellations under your ID is asking for trouble down the line.[/QUOTE]

Not all associates will let you do that. Plus the guy is only looking for one preorder, so one time isn't going to hurt. They only keep track over a period of time. I've done a lot of returns/exchanges without any problems. Usually they dropped the price of a game so I just switch to the other. You really have to do it A LOT to get moved to the shit list from what I gather from the cs people talked to. I try to keep my preorders low doing doing the show the receipt, but the sales manager at my best buy isn't big a fan of it so I have to catch the cool guy to do it.

sorry,but i read the BB TIV form.

I want to trade some games in Best Buy online because the stores in my area require receipt and games must be purchased from BB.

I looked on the BB trade in site and notice that they only ask if the game disc is playable or not.

Can i trade in just the game disc without the game case and booklet?
Would i still get full TIV?

I was planning to trade in 2 ds games and 2 xbox 360 games in 1 disc case and send it in.

Did anyone do this and still got full TIV? I dont want to deal with BB BS

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back