Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Not true. In the past few weeks I have seen a lot of low end games drop to the $1 base. I know because I had a few games laying around from the GS promo where you had to buy a used game and bought cheapie ones that were $3-$5 as they were even TiV at BBY. since then they are now $1. Just a heads up.

This sale seems to be a 1 day flip sale. If you have to order them online you will probably be taking a large risk because the high profit games ($7 and under) can easily drop $2+ overnight which completely squashes the trade and makes it very likely you will only break even, if not lose some.

I personally will probably only be flipping in the same day from local B&M stores unless there is an awesome flip that it worth the risk (150% profit or more). That being said I've already started compiling my list. Found a couple gems locally at GS and BBV already.[/QUOTE]

You skipped the part where I put "seemed" didn't you?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You skipped the part where I put "seemed" didn't you?[/QUOTE]

Yes... Yes I did... Kinda

I read it more as you were saying it seemed as you thought they usually didn't drop. Not as some do some dont.

[quote name='Velo214']just got back from flippn 4 nfs hp's from gamefly
42.xx->115.xx ;) woot[/QUOTE]
:lol: Aren't you the one who said you hate to see NFS: HP being flipped? No problems here though... I did it too. ;)

that's right. and i got the diaper deal to help me perfectly. past few months i get $30 diapers packs, then with amazon mom and subscribe and save it's 30% off, so it's $21 for a huge pack of huggies. and since it's over $25 before promo, it sends it to me every month and it qualifies me for another free month of amazon mom ;) it's a great cycle ;) ordering diapers with flip money for 30% off and it gives me free prime. woot all the way.

yeah i totally hate seeing nfs hp flipped, but for 10->28.90, it's hard to resist. altho i sold my personal copy, so i gotta pick that back up on bf or something. i wanted to keep one for $10 from gamefly, but with that profit margin, i couldn't resist. oh well, ill pick it up cheap from awd or something someday, it's not like i don't have a backlog. :)

[quote name='srhine72']Someone is insecure.[/QUOTE]

no just tired of the stupid bragging that does nothing but encourage the lazy and close the options...
bet meh, just keep up the repetitious bragging if it makes you feel big, screw thinking about the eventual outcome ...

[quote name='musicjunkie']Alright guys I have bad news.

For the trade4/extra $20 promo it's $5 minimum and PS2 games do not count.

If you're Unlocked you're better waiting til the week after when its 60% with BF3/Batman pre-order so if your games are worth atleast $8.50 or if you're total of 4 games is more than $33 this deal is not for you.

Math to explain:
$8.5x4games=$34
$34x.1=$3.4 (for unlocked)
$34x.5=$17 (50% bump for pre-order)
$17+$3.4=$20.40 which is more than $20[/QUOTE]

You forgot the 10% unlocked also applies for the 4/$20 deal. For four $8.50 games, you'll get $34 + $3.40 (10% unlocked) + $20 (promo) = $57.40, compared to $54.40 for the 50% promo.

Thank goodness my nephew got some ds shovelware I can get rid of. Diego Great Dinosaur Adventure goes for $6 base, Disney's Princess Magical Jewels goes for $6 base among others.

[quote name='donut']no just tired of the stupid bragging that does nothing but encourage the lazy and close the options...
bet meh, just keep up the repetitious bragging if it makes you feel big, screw thinking about the eventual outcome ...[/QUOTE]

And I am tired of the idiots like you like to rip on any post they see. I am sure it makes you feel big to belittle someone else. So keep working on that self esteem.

[quote name='srhine72']And I am tired of the idiots like you like to rip on any post they see. I am sure it makes you feel big to belittle someone else. So keep working on that self esteem.[/QUOTE]

we actually agree of being "tired" of idiots
but disagree as to who they actually are...

[quote name='donut']we actually agree of being "tired" of idiots
but disagree as to who they actually are...[/QUOTE]

I agree that we disagree.... the end i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back