Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tepro']musicjunkie
If you can only see personal info but not trade history, then how can you guys know if we exceed the 3 limit per game or not?[/QUOTE]

LP can pull up info based on ID#, credit card, phone number and and other names listed that links to u.

Originally Posted by Japakneez
musicjunkie, can you see trade-in history while you are processing a trade? just wondering ;)
Nothing that I've seen. When we look up your info by phone number the only info we see is previous info that was entered if you're traded in before. Probably like that so it can't be tampered with.

musicjunkie replied to Japakneez read to me like: can only see personal info, not trade history. He worked at BB trading kiosk so I was just curious to see wat info they can pulled up.

[quote name='tepro']Originally Posted by Japakneez
musicjunkie, can you see trade-in history while you are processing a trade? just wondering ;)
Nothing that I've seen. When we look up your info by phone number the only info we see is previous info that was entered if you're traded in before. Probably like that so it can't be tampered with.

musicjunkie replied to Japakneez read to me like: can only see personal info, not trade history. He worked at BB trading kiosk so I was just curious to see wat info they can pulled up.[/QUOTE]
They can't. Last time a rep was helping me with a trade in and for whatever reason, the program didn't let him process my trade-in, so he thought i traded in something that got flagged, so he kept asking what i traded in previously. Turned out it was the computer problem.

Whenever I trade there is a point right after I give them my phone number where it seems they are reading a bunch on screen and I always assumed that was my trade history. They always pause for a minute like they are going to say something, then just continue as normal. I guess that was all just my own paranoia ;).

It's not like I have even traded that much. Today I traded my 4th cheap PS2 game. Yeah, I picked up a total of 4 from the GS B2G1 as I could only find 4 complete ones at this one GS. I was at the other GS in the same mall today and found out they had a bunch more complete ones there. Oh well, I shoulda walked down there last time...

I also got the "pause", especially when i did 3x of the same game for ps3 and 360, but the fine ass gaming sup at my regular BB never asked me anything. Too bad I'm married. If they can't see your trading history, I wondered why some say they got banned for trading more than 3. It not hard to update trading history database...When I go in this week, I will ask them straight up if they could see what I traded in before, will keep you guys update.

io- 360 Homefront, 2 worlds 2, fight night and blops ps3 from AWD are better than doing ps2 games.

[quote name='Nealocus123']No where during the trade in does it show a customers trade in history. Just thought I'd clear that up for those wondering.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, but how come some ppl on here said that they got banned for trading in 3+?

[quote name='tepro']Good to hear, but how come some ppl on here said that they got banned for trading in 3+?[/QUOTE]stores keep tab on
receipts better than others probably.

[quote name='tepro']
io- 360 Homefront, 2 worlds 2, fight night and blops ps3 from AWD are better than doing ps2 games.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I traded much more than just 2 PS2 games - I just had those left over from earlier. I had been saving them in case I needed fodder for the trade 3 get 30% promo. But thanks for the tips - I had not heard of those (well, Two Worlds II I traded way back when...).

Though I don't see those as worth it given shipping time (even with Prime) and the chance for drops. They are all break even or worse (and just OK after promos). Besides, I'm not looking to liquidate Amazon credit, just GS credit.

[quote name='tepro']
io- 360 Homefront, 2 worlds 2, fight night and blops ps3 from AWD are better than doing ps2 games.[/QUOTE]

That depends on what you consider a good flip. While each of those games will net you more total than any one PS2 game, you'll likely only make a 50-70% return on them (at least at the prices they have been at recently). The PS2 games have a return of ~250%.

[quote name='winterlane']The PS2 games have a return of ~250%.[/QUOTE]

Well, not any more. They cost 89 cents with PUR, and trade for $1.50 with the preorder bonus + unlocked (or $1.60 for Gears or $1.40 for the trade 3 promo which is probably all I will use going forward).

They key thing is I'll take 150% on Gamestop credit but it is not really worth it on Amazon credit.

I've got 3 games I need to trade in now, and 3 more games coming in from online that I'm going to flip as well. Does BB have a restriction on how many I can trade in one session?

They are all different games, and I'm aiming to get the 30% bonus on all of them since that's two sets of three. I can go trade in the first 3 now or be a little lazy and wait for the other 3 to get here and trade all 6 in at the same time. Will this work? Or does someone have experience saying otherwise?

If it won't work or it'll stir up trouble, then I'll go do 3 now and 3 later, or even get a friend to flip the other 3 for me.

[quote name='h4mx0r']I've got 3 games I need to trade in now, and 3 more games coming in from online that I'm going to flip as well. Does BB have a restriction on how many I can trade in one session?

They are all different games, and I'm aiming to get the 30% bonus on all of them since that's two sets of three. I can go trade in the first 3 now or be a little lazy and wait for the other 3 to get here and trade all 6 in at the same time. Will this work? Or does someone have experience saying otherwise?

If it won't work or it'll stir up trouble, then I'll go do 3 now and 3 later, or even get a friend to flip the other 3 for me.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, it doesn't have to be multiples of 3. As long as you have 3 or more you will get the bonus. But either way will work. And 6 is nowhere near any sort of problem! You clearly haven't been reading this thread - people have been taking in 100's of games at once. As for me, I just did 11 today with no problem (and I did have some duplicates as well). So, yeah, you could definitely wait for the other 3 to come in. The only thing you risk is a drop in prices. Since you are just doing the 30% promo (and not trying to get as many as possible in at once for the 40% preorder promo so you just have to make 1 preorder) it would be better to do 3 ASAP, then the other 3 when you get them - depending on course on how much trouble that is for you (time, gas, etc). For me it is 20+ miles round trip so I tend to wait till I have a decent set to bring in.

I've been away for the past few days without internet, so it'll take me a while to catch up on everything on this thread and the rest of CAG. Anyway...

I used my coupon to sign up for unlocked on Monday. The dude was pretty cool about it and it worked fine. This was at a far-away store (since, as I said, I've been away). I pre-ordered Gears3 for the bonus, but I have no intention on ever going back to that store to pick it up or cancel. I'ma just wait to see what they say about it, if anything. I don't mind that $5 going to waste since the bonus it gave me was worth it anyway.

I stopped back at the same store on my way home to pick up some Price Matched Move stuff, and traded in more games. I asked about using the same receipt as I already have Gears preordered and was denied. When I explained that I would just keep the games and preorder it at my local store when I got home, they thought for a second and just gave me the 50% anyway. But even though I signed up for unlocked, it was not showing up under my account. My RZ info came up like normal, though. They eventually had to call the employee who signed me up originally to confirm that I did it, and then manually gave me the unlocked 10%. Is this normal for others, or am I the only one? Sorry if that's been discussed already.

[quote name='io']Well, not any more. They cost 89 cents with PUR, and trade for $1.50 with the preorder bonus + unlocked (or $1.60 for Gears or $1.40 for the trade 3 promo which is probably all I will use going forward).
[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified. I was assuming you had picked them up during the B2G2 and that they were the $.99 ones, which would average out to $.45 with PUR. I still have a few left over, so I was still thinking in terms of the sale. At the moment, those other games would be better, particularly from a time standpoint considering how long it takes for the average BB employee to input the PS2 games.

This is off topic. But I have seen rumors around the www about bestbuy employees buying up the HP touchpads. Well I can say when I was in there yesterday I saw three employees carrying them around. I talked to one guy and he couldn't be shut-up about the touchpad and the things he is doing with it.

Anyway personally I do not have a problem with it. I used to work as a tech for a retailer in two different stores the manager of one would hardly ever let employees in on good deals like that while at the other store the GM was cool and would let employees in on the good stuff as long as the store wasn't obligated to do otherwise or if it would hurt the rep of the store.

I already have a preorder on GOW3, but I want to trade in Dead Island and get the most back. Can I cancel my old preorder and re-up in the same transaction?

[quote name='winterlane'], particularly from a time standpoint considering how long it takes for the average BB employee to input the PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

I only bought complete ones so it was no longer inputting them than any other games - but still, trading 4 was hardly worth the effort ;).

And xskaxninjax's post just made me go #-o. I should have done that today (use the Gears 50% promo then just not pick up the preorder). I didn't really want to get Kirby Mass Attack at release (as I'm sure it will be $15 or so later and I have no need of more DS games right now). I traded $105 worth of stuff (base value). I should have just done the Gears preorder and then just skipped picking it up. I would have gotten $5.50 more (even after losing the $5 for the preorder) and wouldn't have felt like I'd have to pick it up like I will for Kirby. Oh well, next time, if there is such a deal and I have that much stuff to trade, I'll try to remember that.

[quote name='io']I only bought complete ones so it was no longer inputting them than any other games - but still, trading 4 was hardly worth the effort ;).

And xskaxninjax's post just made me go #-o. I should have done that today (use the Gears 50% promo then just not pick up the preorder). I didn't really want to get Kirby Mass Attack at release (as I'm sure it will be $15 or so later and I have no need of more DS games right now). I traded $105 worth of stuff (base value). I should have just done the Gears preorder and then just skipped picking it up. I would have gotten $5.50 more (even after losing the $5 for the pre-order) and wouldn't have felt like I'd have to pick it up like I will for Kirby. Oh well, next time, if there is such a deal and I have that much stuff to trade, I'll try to remember that.[/QUOTE]

I know this has be said before but you can return your preorders. I have 7 games preordered at BB and every time they want me to preorder to get a bonus I just do it and then the next time I come in I go to CS and cancel it. I have cancelled 3 preorders (some before release but I cancelled NCAA 12 2 weeks after release) My only real justification is that I preordered 5 games at one time before they started these bonuses. I did get them to give me a bonus one time since I brought in all 5 pre-order receipts and just asked but doing the pre-order is more simple.

[quote name='xskaxninjax'] I pre-ordered Gears3 for the bonus, but I have no intention on ever going back to that store to pick it up or cancel. I'ma just wait to see what they say about it, if anything. I don't mind that $5 going to waste since the bonus it gave me was worth it anyway.
[/QUOTE]

I'm very curious about this as well. With Gamestop, after 48 hours they usually call and ask if you plan to pick it up or if you want to cancel. I have never seen anyone post on here about their experience letting a pre-order linger at Best Buy for weeks. I wonder if at some point they would just cancel it and refund the $5 to your original form of payment. Though I'm not sure if they would ever do this without you being there in person.

[quote name='cancerman1120'] I have cancelled 3 preorders (some before release but I cancelled NCAA 12 2 weeks after release) My only real justification is that I preordered 5 games at one time before they started these bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Most people are probably concerned about canceled pre-orders counting toward their annual return quota now that BB started tracking returns on an individual level. I don't think anyone really knows what that quota is nor have I read anywhere online about someone being denied a return because they had done too many already this year, but it would be a shame to be denied a legitimate return later on because of some canceled $5 pre-orders.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I know this has be said before but you can return your preorders. I have 7 games preordered at BB and every time they want me to preorder to get a bonus I just do it and then the next time I come in I go to CS and cancel it. I have cancelled 3 preorders (some before release but I cancelled NCAA 12 2 weeks after release) My only real justification is that I preordered 5 games at one time before they started these bonuses. I did get them to give me a bonus one time since I brought in all 5 pre-order receipts and just asked but doing the pre-order is more simple.[/QUOTE]

Well, sure, I understand that. I'm trying not to abuse the system though ;). Now, if the games I preordered end up getting crappy reviews, then for sure I will cancel them.

[quote name='io']Well, sure, I understand that. I'm trying not to abuse the system though ;). Now, if the games I preordered end up getting crappy reviews, then for sure I will cancel them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I get that. That is the main reason I have 7 preordered for the 5/100 deal. Dud review equals a returned preorder.

[quote name='io']Just so you know, it doesn't have to be multiples of 3. As long as you have 3 or more you will get the bonus. But either way will work. And 6 is nowhere near any sort of problem! You clearly haven't been reading this thread - people have been taking in 100's of games at once. As for me, I just did 11 today with no problem (and I did have some duplicates as well). So, yeah, you could definitely wait for the other 3 to come in. The only thing you risk is a drop in prices. Since you are just doing the 30% promo (and not trying to get as many as possible in at once for the 40% preorder promo so you just have to make 1 preorder) it would be better to do 3 ASAP, then the other 3 when you get them - depending on course on how much trouble that is for you (time, gas, etc). For me it is 20+ miles round trip so I tend to wait till I have a decent set to bring in.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks! I guess I'll head on over to BB tomorrow then, it's only a little over a mile away for me I think!

I would use it on a preorder, but the only thing I need to preorder is UMVC3 which is like 2 months away. I have preorders on amazon right now, and I was planning on flipping the trade in credit right now into amazon kindle credit to help pay for the more pressing preorders........................

wait hold on... I just read a post that I made that I forgot about... When I make a preorder it's $5 down and the rest is put on a gift card?.... Does that mean I can just trade in everything at the 40% to get the most out of my trade in on UMVC3, but still get the rest (minus $5 down preorder deposit) to spend on my kindle cards?

Heres what most of us do, step by step.
1. Bring in trade ins, get total, add bonus % promotion like a preorder bonus.
2. You only need to drop $5 on any preorder to get the bump, just print it out from the gaming kiosk and pay $5.
3. Get the rest of the credit on a giftcard, sometimes they even let you choose which giftcard, lol irrelavent.
4. Walk to the giftcard section or kindle section and find neither a $25 or $50 amazon/kindle giftcard. If youre having a hard time finding it, just ask an employee. All bby stock it, if not then its sold out.
5. Leave a happy and richer customer
6. :]

[quote name='Vinsanity1']Can more than one game be traded towards one pre-order resulting in both games getting the extra 40%?[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling nice.

EVERY game traded gets whatever the promotion is at once. If you buy the pre-order, you'll get the extra 40% or 50% for EVERY game in the transaction. That's why some of us have been coming in with stacks of games to trade; it's worth it to do as many as possible at once.

When Canceling a pre order do they have to put the credit back on the gc it was taken from or can they just put it on any bb gift card?

It's been a couple of days now since I redeemed my free unlucked coupon but I'm not so sure it actually worked. I log into my reward zone account but don't see anything about "unlocked" on the site. I got the generic email about unlucked on Tuesday (but that seemed like it could have been sent to everyone. Is there something specific I should be looking for? I know someone mentioned that he could see it when he logged into his reward zone account, but I'm not seeing anything. Thanks.

[quote name='seanr1221']How do people have free Unlocked coupons?

Were you @Gamer subscribers before 9/12?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was.

[quote name='KtMack23']When Canceling a pre order do they have to put the credit back on the gc it was taken from or can they just put it on any bb gift card?[/QUOTE]

They can put it on any gift card, it doesnt have to be the original.

[quote name='bgame2']It's been a couple of days now since I redeemed my free unlucked coupon but I'm not so sure it actually worked. I log into my reward zone account but don't see anything about "unlocked" on the site. I got the generic email about unlucked on Tuesday (but that seemed like it could have been sent to everyone. Is there something specific I should be looking for? I know someone mentioned that he could see it when he logged into his reward zone account, but I'm not seeing anything. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

myrz.com shows me as not being unlocked but the in-store systems show me as unlocked as I got the bonus 10% twice already with no issue.

[quote name='io']I only bought complete ones so it was no longer inputting them than any other games - but still, trading 4 was hardly worth the effort ;).[/QUOTE]
The thing that sucks is about trading in multiple copies of the same games (esp PS2 ones with no UPC) is we can't just search the game and enter 3 copies. We literally have to search it 3 times, check off a box and click add to cart. Its my assumption as some point they will make the system so you only have to scan a game and click an accept button and its added. All the clicking makes the process take far longer than it should.

[quote name='winterlane']I'm very curious about this as well. With Gamestop, after 48 hours they usually call and ask if you plan to pick it up or if you want to cancel. I have never seen anyone post on here about their experience letting a pre-order linger at Best Buy for weeks. I wonder if at some point they would just cancel it and refund the $5 to your original form of payment. Though I'm not sure if they would ever do this without you being there in person.

Most people are probably concerned about canceled pre-orders counting toward their annual return quota now that BB started tracking returns on an individual level. I don't think anyone really knows what that quota is nor have I read anywhere online about someone being denied a return because they had done too many already this year, but it would be a shame to be denied a legitimate return later on because of some canceled $5 pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
Far as getting that $5 back. Your would be refunded in your original payment within 30 days of the payment being made but its after that when things start to get weird. My assumption is if its after 30 days they'll just give you a store credit but doubtful they will ever call you about it. For pre-orders (least at my store) monday night (assuming they are tuesday releases) once the store closes we check how many pre-orders we have and for what games (for in-store pre-orders. In-store pick-ups are done completely differently). Take those games and put them up at customer service so they are set aside for those people. Your name isn't physically attached to them or anything though just 5 copies are stacked aside if we had 5 pre-orders. We also hold the games until Saturday night though sometimes they'll even be there for longer so least you're guaranteed a copy that way.

I'll try to find out about how the canceling pre-order effects your return status. Due to BB being more than a gaming store using the excuse 'well they were just cancelled pre-orders' will probably do nothing for you unless you're speaking to a gaming sup or employee.

[quote name='tepro']
musicjunkie replied to Japakneez read to me like: can only see personal info, not trade history. He worked at BB trading kiosk so I was just curious to see wat info they can pulled up.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I have yet to see any trade-in history. Program is still pretty bare bones and they are slowly adding more things to it.

[quote name='bgame2']It's been a couple of days now since I redeemed my free unlucked coupon but I'm not so sure it actually worked. I log into my reward zone account but don't see anything about "unlocked" on the site. I got the generic email about unlucked on Tuesday (but that seemed like it could have been sent to everyone. Is there something specific I should be looking for? I know someone mentioned that he could see it when he logged into his reward zone account, but I'm not seeing anything. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I also signed up for Unlocked and received the e-mail. The interesting thing about that e-mail is nowhere does it state you're Unlocked. It says 'Welcome to the upgraded Reward Zone Gamers Club' so I think the e-mail was just to inform people of the new program rules of RZGC. I would also wait about 5 days until you can see Unlocked on your RZ page. That's normally how long it takes for a purchase to show up so I'm assuming its the same rules.

I got an e-mail from them after I joined Unlocked stating I was in Unlocked. Separate e-mail from the new RZGC e-mail.

Also... myRZ account shows I'm a Unlocked member until 7/4/12. Yup, fucking sweet. That's indeed one whole year. Thanks BB!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I got an e-mail from them after I joined Unlocked stating I was in Unlocked. Separate e-mail from the new RZGC e-mail.

Also... myRZ account shows I'm a Unlocked member until 7/4/12. Yup, fucking sweet. That's indeed one whole year. Thanks BB![/QUOTE]

Prinny is right, there is a 2nd email. The first was a generic email about the changes, the 2nd is largely the same but it will have a date in there saying when your membership is good till. If you bought it on Monday the day should be 9/11/12. If you used the "free" coupon that comes with the @Gamer subscription pre-9/11/10 then who knows when it will be up.

[quote name='KtMack23']When Canceling a pre order do they have to put the credit back on the gc it was taken from or can they just put it on any bb gift card?[/QUOTE]

I wish I would have known you could pay for the pre-order with a gift card.:wall:

On a related note, do they make you jump through hoops when cancelling/returning a pre-order. I just want to be in and out since I'll probably do it on a lunch break and don't have much time.

So they take ALL PS2 games? I just found a huge stack that I wouldn't mind parting with and used the site and it added up to $75 after the 50% bump. That doesn't suck. Just want to make sure before I haul this massive pile of rubbish down there.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Prinny is right, there is a 2nd email. The first was a generic email about the changes, the 2nd is largely the same but it will have a date in there saying when your membership is good till. If you bought it on Monday the day should be 9/11/12. If you used the "free" coupon that comes with the @Gamer subscription pre-9/11/10 then who knows when it will be up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they definitely fuck'ed my unlocked. I did it monday night. The purchase shows in my reward zone history but there is nothing about being unlocked anywhere on my reward zone page (at least not anywhere I can see) and I did not receive a second (less generic) email. This is exactly why I wrote a blog entry the other day about the poor implementation of this program.

EDIT: I see that they have my account "level" still listed as "free". Yep they screwed up.

all this talk of a free coupon for existing magazine subs? i thought it was automatic that i would be upgraded to Unlocked when it started since I subscribed to the magazine at the end of August.

RZ.com still shows me as in the Free Gamers Club - where is this free coupon?

[quote name='Link127']all this talk of a free coupon for existing magazine subs? i thought it was automatic that i would be upgraded to Unlocked when it started since I subscribed to the magazine at the end of August.

RZ.com still shows me as in the Free Gamers Club - where is this free coupon?[/QUOTE]

You had to be subbed before. The magazine with the September coupons came with the coupon.

In other words, no it's not automatic. It never was, and im pretty sure no one here ever said it was.

[quote name='bgame2']Yeah, they definitely fuck'ed my unlocked. I did it monday night. The purchase shows in my reward zone history but there is nothing about being unlocked anywhere on my reward zone page (at least not anywhere I can see) and I did not receive a second (less generic) email. This is exactly why I wrote a blog entry the other day about the poor implementation of this program.

EDIT: I see that they have my account "level" still listed as "free". Yep they screwed up.[/QUOTE]

If you signed up Monday I'd give it until Friday to show up. If it still hasn't shown up then I'd call RZ. You're not alone though because I purchased mine on Tuesday and have mine still shows up as free. I dropped them an e-mail last night about it so I'm curious to see what happens.

[quote name='bgame2']Yeah, they definitely fuck'ed my unlocked. I did it monday night. The purchase shows in my reward zone history but there is nothing about being unlocked anywhere on my reward zone page (at least not anywhere I can see) and I did not receive a second (less generic) email. This is exactly why I wrote a blog entry the other day about the poor implementation of this program.

EDIT: I see that they have my account "level" still listed as "free". Yep they screwed up.[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me this week, it was discovered that the staff member forgot to add my RZ # to my $14.99 Mag/Subscription transaction/receipt.
I called BBuy yesterday aftenoon before heading in for my second "unlock" trade (choose Customer Service/NOT Reward Zone as they are not up to speed), told them the issue and had my $14.99 receipt handy. CS rep took the info of my account/receipt and called me back about an hour later...status changed online from free to unlocked. Trade went fairly smooth. Bottom line, they are working out the kinks so allow some "time" in the store for potential hiccups.

and Damn, can we stop answering the same Damn questions on each page? Direct the lazy member to read the last few pages! A wealth of info has been generously posted and by the member actually READING for a couple minutes, he/she will not only have one question answered, but most likely many more!

[quote name='donut']Same happened to me this week, it was discovered that the staff member forgot to add my RZ # to my $14.99 Mag/Subscription transaction/receipt.
I called BBuy yesterday aftenoon before heading in for my second "unlock" trade (choose Customer Service/NOT Reward Zone as they are not up to speed), told them the issue and had my $14.99 receipt handy. CS rep took the info of my account/receipt and called me back about an hour later...status changed online from free to unlocked. Trade went fairly smooth. Bottom line, they are working out the kinks so allow some "time" in the store for potential hiccups.

and Damn, can we stop answering the same Damn questions on each page? Direct the lazy member to read the last few pages! A wealth of info has been generously posted and by the member actually READING for a couple minutes, he/she will not only have one question answered, but most likely many more![/QUOTE]

On the receipt, is there some sort of Unlocked SKU they need to scan for $14.99 and then use the coupon to reduce that total to zero? My clerk on Tuesday just took my Reward Zone card and then scanned the coupon without anything else. Just curious what it looks like on other receipts as I'm thinking that they screwed the pooch with mine...

[quote name='Scorch']So they take ALL PS2 games? I just found a huge stack that I wouldn't mind parting with and used the site and it added up to $75 after the 50% bump. That doesn't suck. Just want to make sure before I haul this massive pile of rubbish down there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as far as I know, they take all PS2 games. I have traded in 40 different PS2 sports games from 2001 through 2006. Also, they have taken such PS2 classics as: Triggerman, Future Tactics: The Uprising and Strike Force Bowling!

[quote name='Joe Fongul']On the receipt, is there some sort of Unlocked SKU they need to scan for $14.99 and then use the coupon to reduce that total to zero? My clerk on Tuesday just took my Reward Zone card and then scanned the coupon without anything else. Just curious what it looks like on other receipts as I'm thinking that they screwed the pooch with mine...[/QUOTE]

No they scan the unlock brochure's bar code to ring up the $14.99 but need to enter your reward zone (just like ANY other purchase) to give your account unlock status, then just give them your phone number (as I did last night) and the unlock status appears automatically. No card or sticker needed.
^^this is the process for those who are now joining Vs members that joined before "unlock" began this week^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back