Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deathdenial']Quick question, can the reward zone certificate redeem toward Gamer unlock membership?

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]yes, RZ certs are payment so considered like cash you just can't purchase a BB GC with it I believe.

[quote name='Enuf']yes, RZ certs are payment so considered like cash you just can't purchase a BB GC with it I believe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

are all games that u pre-order good for this and when does it end

[quote name='starmask2k3']are all games that u pre-order good for this and when does it end[/QUOTE]

Not going to even try and read the first post? Come on, guy.

[quote name='advanced']Not going to even try and read the first post? Come on, guy.[/QUOTE]

It's the guy who complained when Max Payne 3 Disk 2 wasn't available to rent and got 3 free rentals. What do you expect?

Yeah, Far Cry 3's delay really screws up my purchase/gaming schedule, ugh.

Anyone know what happens to a gift card credit applied to an online order if you cancel it? I paid off the game entirely with credit from trades and threw out the card when I used it. Might as well use some of my RZ cash I'll be getting on it.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Yeah, Far Cry 3's delay really screws up my purchase/gaming schedule, ugh.

Anyone know what happens to a gift card credit applied to an online order if you cancel it? I paid off the game entirely with credit from trades and threw out the card when I used it. Might as well use some of my RZ cash I'll be getting on it.[/QUOTE]

Call and they'll send you a replacement gift card.

[quote name='rpmboy']It's the guy who complained when Max Payne 3 Disk 2 wasn't available to rent and got 3 free rentals. What do you expect?[/QUOTE]

I expect him not to read my post. :applause:

Might have to go for the Borderlands 2 since its $20 credit + BL GOTY for $10... If only darksiders 2 was added to the $20 list

Bestbuy.com now lists Resident Evil 6's Anthology/Archives Editions for preorder, but doesn't include the special offer for a $20 RZ certificate. Bummer.

EDIT: Some other special editions (Borderlands 2) qualify though, and RE6 isn't out til October, so let's hope it gets changed.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Might have to go for the Borderlands 2 since its $20 credit + BL GOTY for $10...[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing Borderlands GOTY for $10?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Might have to go for the Borderlands 2 since its $20 credit + BL GOTY for $10... If only darksiders 2 was added to the $20 list[/QUOTE]

Im with you on that. Would love for Darksiders 2 to be added. Gladly preorder that and BL2.

Also, Darksiders comes out in August. Its eligible for the 10 code instore pickup code if you do a pickup in July. 30 for Darksiders II on release plus the BB DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Abeja']Im with you on that. Would love for Darksiders 2 to be added. Gladly preorder that and BL2.

Also, Darksiders comes out in August. Its eligible for the 10 code instore pickup code if you do a pickup in July. 20 for Darksiders II on release plus the BB DLC.[/QUOTE]I hear that. If Darksiders 2 gets added, you couldn't stop me from preordering it from BBY.

[quote name='Vigilante']I hear that. If Darksiders 2 gets added, you couldn't stop me from preordering it from BBY.[/QUOTE]

I saw that. I almost feel like I should post on BBs forum for it to be added.

It would be a great deal for it. The instore pickup code stacked would be awesome.I missed Neweggs $48 sale and thats about the lowest ive seen for consoles.

I fail at math too. It would be 30, not 20. Still a PM to 40 is possibly to make it 20.

i know it's possible to use gift cards to purchase/preorder games and still receive the $10 and $20 promos...

However, is it still possible while using Reward Zone certificates?

Question. I pre-ordered Halo 4 a while ago (before this promotion) as a Gamer's Club member but not an "unlocked" member. I am going to sign up to be "unlocked" soon. Do I need to re-preorder Halo 4 as an unlocked member to take advantage of this offer?

[quote name='Timenice']Do the certificates that come with this have an expiration dates?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they're regular RZ certificates, expiration dates and all.

[quote name='arbailey']Question. I pre-ordered Halo 4 a while ago (before this promotion) as a Gamer's Club member but not an "unlocked" member. I am going to sign up to be "unlocked" soon. Do I need to re-preorder Halo 4 as an unlocked member to take advantage of this offer?[/QUOTE]It's the 1st question answered in the FAQ in the OP
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322426

[quote name='xpiredcoupon']i know it's possible to use gift cards to purchase/preorder games and still receive the $10 and $20 promos...
However, is it still possible while using Reward Zone certificates?[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322426

[quote name='Abeja']I saw that. I almost feel like I should post on BBs forum for it to be added. [/QUOTE]You should vote it'll get added faster then $20 credit is a great deal on top of the deal next week where you get Darksiders 1 for $10

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Bestbuy.com now lists Resident Evil 6's Anthology/Archives Editions for preorder, but doesn't include the special offer for a $20 RZ certificate. Bummer.
EDIT: Some other special editions (Borderlands 2) qualify though, and RE6 isn't out til October, so let's hope it gets changed.[/QUOTE]All versions of the games ARE VALID it's in the OP. Doesn't matter if they show up.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Yep, they're regular RZ certificates, expiration dates and all.[/QUOTE]Pretty sure you get RZ points not an actual RZ cert. The FAQ mentions points & a cert too.

[quote name='Enuf']

Pretty sure you get RZ points not an actual RZ cert. The FAQ mentions points & a cert too.[/QUOTE]

You're right, technically you get RZ points (which go *toward* certificates)- so depending on whether you have your threshold set at $5, $500, whatever, you may or may not get a certificate about a month down the line. I think for most people who have their threshold set low, though, my answer was correct enough.

[quote name='Enuf']

All versions of the games ARE VALID it's in the OP. Doesn't matter if they show up.

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but the OP isn't written by Best Buy. If the site doesn't list it as part of the promotion, and the game reservation kiosks don't include it yet, it's not yet part of the promotion. Not saying they won't add it, but just because something's in the OP doesn't mean it's gospel. I can't take the OP, print it out, and go to Best Buy and say, "See?!?" They'll look at me like :roll:

[quote name='akathatoneguy']No offense, but the OP isn't written by Best Buy. If the site doesn't list it as part of the promotion, and the game reservation kiosks don't include it yet, it's not yet part of the promotion. Not saying they won't add it, but just because something's in the OP doesn't mean it's gospel. I can't take the OP, print it out, and go to Best Buy and say, "See?!?" They'll look at me like :roll:[/QUOTE]No offense taken but yes the OP is quoting the official FAQ found on BB's site which is linked directly above the ?'s/answers so you would in fact be able to print it out & back yourself up.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion

Never having done this before, I assume you get the certs AFTER the final purchase. And the tracking of when you pre-ordered, whether you're "unlocked" or not, etc is all tracked by their computers right? I just don't want to miss out due to a mistake on my part.

So if i get ncaa 13 for ps3 and also a xbox 360 copy do i get 2x 20$ credit or just 1? My brothers asking me to get it for him and i read the op but wasn't sure if he was talkin about 2 of the same platform. Enuf if your are here pls help thanks!

[quote name='bringerofdeath']So if i get ncaa 13 for ps3 and also a xbox 360 copy do i get 2x 20$ credit or just 1? My brothers asking me to get it for him and i read the op but wasn't sure if he was talkin about 2 of the same platform. Enuf if your are here pls help thanks![/QUOTE]

1 per title, not 1 per sku. Just have him joined Unlocked like I'm doing with my brother. He'll come out $5 ahead on the first purchase and then if he goes to buy more, it'll all be free from then on.

[quote name='NlessxNightmare']Could i pro-order online and then pick it up at any best buy store?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to do this, depending on the game and how early you set it up. BB often takes preorder for instore pickup offline the weekend before the game releases. I believe this is due to the stock have already been sent/delivered/allotted for said stores.

[quote name='advanced']
You should be able to do this, depending on the game and how early you set it up. BB often takes preorder for instore pickup offline the weekend before the game releases. I believe this is due to the stock have already been sent/delivered/allotted for said stores.[/QUOTE]

I want to pre-order resident evil 6 and halo 4 next week, and im hoping to pick it up at whichever store is having a midnight launch event here in NYC.

[quote name='NlessxNightmare']I want to pre-order resident evil 6 and halo 4 next week, and im hoping to pick it up at whichever store is having a midnight launch event here in NYC.[/QUOTE]

the one in union square 14th street is a sure bet for hosting midnight launches on almost every major titles

[quote name='NlessxNightmare']I want to pre-order resident evil 6 and halo 4 next week, and im hoping to pick it up at whichever store is having a midnight launch event here in NYC.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine if they both have the In Store Option still available. Finding out which store will be having a midnight launch in October/November in June might be hard. I'd say pick the store that you know has done it in the past?

[quote name='jinxpalm']Looks like black ops removed from list?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KENFL0']Still there, just look at the reward zone page. It's not on the bestbuy page for some reason[/QUOTE]

It's completely removed now from both RZ and BB.Com pages. I hope they don't give me any trouble issuing me the bonus points for my pre-order back in early-June...

[quote name='Enuf']No offense taken but yes the OP is quoting the official FAQ found on BB's site which is linked directly above the ?'s/answers so you would in fact be able to print it out & back yourself up.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion[/QUOTE]

You're right, good call!

[quote name='kangchousa']It's completely removed now from both RZ and BB.Com pages. I hope they don't give me any trouble issuing me the bonus points for my pre-order back in early-June...[/QUOTE]

I See it, it's on the RZ page under Offers and promotions then click on the preorder thing

[quote name='arbailey']Never having done this before, I assume you get the certs AFTER the final purchase. And the tracking of when you pre-ordered, whether you're "unlocked" or not, etc is all tracked by their computers right? I just don't want to miss out due to a mistake on my part.[/QUOTE]I got u it here's the process broken down;
1-You have to be a paid($15) gamers club unlocked member(GCU) at the time you buy the $60 game or when the game ships for online orders.
2-Pre-order the game $5 in-store or $60(charged when the game ships) online
3-approx 30 days AFTER YOU p/u the game or it ships you'll recieve the $20 in RZ points in your account.

[quote name='NlessxNightmare']Could i pro-order online and then pick it up at any best buy store?[/QUOTE]If you pre-order online & don't do in-store p/u then you're gonna get charged $60 for the online order.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']You're right, good call![/QUOTE]I know how fast hot CE/LE/SE sellout so waiting for them to actually add the version to the deal could me it selling out prior to that or they may never actually show that it's been added at all but it'll still be valid.

[quote name='KENFL0']Gonna preorder Halo 4, BO2, Borderlands 2, and AC3 today. Not sure about Dishonered yet[/QUOTE]

Yo, if you care about getting the original Borderlands GOTY edition for $9.99, Best Buy has a sale this weekend where if you pre order Borderlands 2, you'll get the original for that price. While your there, if you pre order Black Ops 2, you'll get the DLC map Nuketown 2025. But you have to wait until Sunday the first. There's a sticky with all the info.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']Yo, if you care about getting the original Borderlands GOTY edition for $9.99, Best Buy has a sale this weekend where if you pre order Borderlands 2, you'll get the original for that price. While your there, if you pre order Black Ops 2, you'll get the DLC map Nuketown 2025. But you have to wait until Sunday the first. There's a sticky with all the info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that. Already played that crap out of borderlands and the dlc so I don't care about it. As for Nuketown 2025 I think its a preorder bonus so it will be sent out for everyone on launch day

[quote name='Stimes']Thinking of pre-ordering FarCary 3, I think I could probably play through and sell back before Halo 4 comes out.[/QUOTE]

FarCry 3 got delayed till december 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back