Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']If I'm doing a pre-order/store pickup online they don't charge you till you pick it up right? I think they might be a hold on the money for the pre-order on your card? I want to trade in a couple games tomorrow before picking it up to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

IIRC with debit cards they put a pending charge on your account from the time you place the order and with credit cards they might not do that..

I don't know if they'll let you change the form of payment AND keep your preorder. I always get double talk when I want to do something with an in-store pickup order.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']IIRC with debit cards they put a pending charge on your account from the time you place the order and with credit cards they might not do that..[/QUOTE]

they put a pending charge with a cc.

I can't tell if my BBY is doing midnight. Their page says nothing, their store isn't answering the phones. They are worthless right now.

Does anyone think I could still pre-order the CoD: BLOPS2 Hardened Edition in store? It's available online, but says unavailable for my store when I check stock.

Finally bothered to pre-order Black Ops II online. Last time I pre-ordered a game (Max Payne 3), I ended up with free release date delivery.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Finally bothered to pre-order Black Ops II online. Last time I pre-ordered a game (Max Payne 3), I ended up with free release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

Was it listed as free release date delivery, or was it delivered on release day when you picked some standard shipping?

[quote name='IamPro']None of my stores were doing the midnight release around me so guess I will have to wait and no poster :cry:[/QUOTE]

I didn't go to the Borderlands 2 midnight release and they had boxes of posters when I went to pick up my copy after work. Halo is arguably way more popular but I wouldn't be surprised if you get one when picking it up.

[quote name='Namerson']I didn't go to the Borderlands 2 midnight release and they had boxes of posters when I went to pick up my copy after work. Halo is arguably way more popular but I wouldn't be surprised if you get one when picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to my local best buy today that isn't doing a midnight release and they STILL had a stack of borderlands 2 poster and Halo 4 posters

Is there anyone who preordered Assassin's Creed III before they implemented the $20 RZ certificate (like half a year ago) and had their points posted? I'm getting a little paranoia with it not being posted (not even pending). What's worse is that I also made another preorder in that same order (Bioshock Infinite). I'm starting to think I should just cancel that Bioshock Infinite preorder and make a new one to avoid any trouble.

Anyone know if I'll have any problems picking up my Halo 4 in the morning as far as not having the credit card that it was paid with originally? I still got to pay the remaining taxes since tax wasn't applied when I did my b2g1 free the other day.

For fuck's sake my online order just got cancelled because apparently it was "unable to verify your information" even though I double checked everything to make sure

it was correct. I even called customer service and they said I won't be able to place any orders for a couple days because of the cancellation. Now I can't get the $20

GC, just perfect.

[quote name='shurija']Is there anyone who preordered Assassin's Creed III before they implemented the $20 RZ certificate (like half a year ago) and had their points posted? I'm getting a little paranoia with it not being posted (not even pending). What's worse is that I also made another preorder in that same order (Bioshock Infinite). I'm starting to think I should just cancel that Bioshock Infinite preorder and make a new one to avoid any trouble.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered in-store several months back and the 1000 points are posted on my account. It was way back when they offered the Steelbook case with a $5 deposit.

[quote name='HyperG']Anyone know if I'll have any problems picking up my Halo 4 in the morning as far as not having the credit card that it was paid with originally? I still got to pay the remaining taxes since tax wasn't applied when I did my b2g1 free the other day.[/QUOTE]
Haven't been asked to show my form of payment in over a year at my BBY. Usually just an ID and/or the order number.

[quote name='shurija']Is there anyone who preordered Assassin's Creed III before they implemented the $20 RZ certificate (like half a year ago) and had their points posted? I'm getting a little paranoia with it not being posted (not even pending). What's worse is that I also made another preorder in that same order (Bioshock Infinite). I'm starting to think I should just cancel that Bioshock Infinite preorder and make a new one to avoid any trouble.[/QUOTE]
I preordered back in mar/apr and my points posted fine...I even PM at pick up.

[quote name='iduncurr']I preordered back in mar/apr and my points posted fine...I even PM at pick up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Raven6009']I pre-ordered in-store several months back and the 1000 points are posted on my account. It was way back when they offered the Steelbook case with a $5 deposit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm giving them this whole week and if the points don't get posted then, I'm giving CS a call. I keep thinking that my PM over the phone screwed things up.

If I preorder Halo 4 right now on BB's website will I still get the $20 coupon?

Not for my area. It's still available for pre-order on the website, but was just curious.

Last time I pre ordered at 8:30pm down to last minute for assassins creed the night before. Don't risk it. If your going To pre order do it now. As long it states the $20 gift cert in cart you should be find, take a print screen just in case. That's what I did.

[quote name='Blackout']If I preorder Halo 4 right now on BB's website will I still get the $20 coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blackout']Not for my area. It's still available for pre-order on the website, but was just curious.[/QUOTE]

yup theyre on central time, so you have about 20 minutes.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']Last time I pre ordered at 8:30pm down to last minute for assassins creed the night before. Don't risk it. If your going To pre order do it now. As long it states the $20 gift cert in cart you should be find, take a print screen just in case. That's what I did.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the cert anywhere but on the main page, but it did show the pre-order bonuses. Never done a pre-order online so I don't know how it's supposed to work.

It should state "20 gift certificate" alongside the dlc "raptor..." "helmet" good luck. Your cutting it close.

[quote name='Blackout']I didn't see the cert anywhere but on the main page, but it did show the pre-order bonuses. Never done a pre-order online so I don't know how it's supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blackout']I didn't see the cert anywhere but on the main page, but it did show the pre-order bonuses. Never done a pre-order online so I don't know how it's supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

if it has the preorder bonuses, youll get the cert. Its never mentioned the $20 cert in the cart for me, and Ive ordered 4 of the promotion games online so far.

Well, I preordered BO2 and GTA V tonight, but I just noticed that the employee forgot to input my RZ information for the BO2 preorder (a different employee handled the GTA V one). :bomb: Looks like I'll have to handle that on Wednesday. I'm glad I caught that now before it was too late, though. :D

I went to the West Hartford CT midnight release for halo 4. I'm happy they did it I guess but the employees there were so awful, people were cutting and those that pre-ordered were left waiting for half hour to 45 minutes. Honestly probably the last time I pre-order from best buy for any big games. I really can't wait to call customer service and let them know how my silver reward card is going elsewhere this black friday b/c I have no faith in the people best buy employs. I thought I would feel better getting home but the experience was just so bad it really took something out of what should have been a really fun night

[quote name='Rockinjs']So the DLC should be emailed and not printed on receipt this time right?[/QUOTE]

They should do both but maybe the email is only for RZ members. It is definitely on the receipt though.

Wow best buy realllyyyy fucked me over.First off, there was two lines, one for ppl who preordered and one for ppl purchasing it (idk it was confusing as hell). I was in the line for PO, then this hoe yells out "everyone who made a .com order has to come tomorrow because our system won't let us get info on the .com orders. I just said no biggie, I'll wait in the purchase line, (which was literally 10 times longer than the PO line), and I'll just buy it now and just return my .com order tomorrow. When they handed me my halo 4 console, there was this huge dent on one corner of the box and I asked politely if I could switch it with another box they had there sitting on the counter but they said that thery were all reserved and that if she did do that then I would have all that persons information. So I just took it since I didn't feel like hastling with anymore of her BS. Got home, open the box, there's a huge crack on Xbox right where the dent was. Now I feel like I'm SOL since there's like no more of these Xboxs since she said all the ones she had were reserved and I imagine its like that at all the other best buys.

I'm definately gonna be keeping the batteries and the DLC inside the game and returning it tomorrow lol. Worst best buy experience EVERR

Edit: and on top of all that, I just realized I won't be able to play halo tonight since I won't have any of my game saves once I return this

[quote name='jza1218']Couldn't you use a cloud save for tonight?[/QUOTE]

Idk could I? I haven't had an Xbox for awhile so I don't have any idea what cloud save is but I imagine its sort of like apples cloud save deal maybe?

I don't see why you couldn't, just make sure you set it for the cloud when you first start up. Then, when you get your other Xbox just copy your save from your cloud to the hdd. No biggie. Thank you cloud save.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Idk could I? I haven't had an Xbox for awhile so I don't have any idea what cloud save is but I imagine its sort of like apples cloud save deal maybe?[/QUOTE]

I just realized the controller that comes with the halo 4 console is exclusive to the console bundle. The one being sold individually in store has the words NSC on them. The console exclusive controller is also going for a lot more on eBay.

I decided to also check on the availability of the halo 4 console bundle, looks like its OOS everywhere online except for amazon right now. Saw some dude on ebay sold just the console by itself for $250, just imagine how much you could make flipping the fotus DLC plus the controller separately lol.

*rushes off to pre-order another halo 4 console on amazon*

ekc44.jpg

EyOEM.jpg

I reallyyy hope I can find another halo console

Sry for the rant guys its just best buys customer service is closed and I have the worst patience ever to get things straightened out

Yeah the crack maybe isn't as huge as I described in my above post but still, not what you expect when you drop $350 on limited edition console

[quote name='JohnWayne']

Sry for the rant guys its just best buys customer service is closed and I have the worst patience ever to get things straightened out

Yeah the crack maybe isn't as huge as I described in my above post but still, not what you expect when you drop $350 on limited edition console[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should pre-order one from amazon just to be safe. Only 5 left from amazon as I write this.

Edit: amazon added 500 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnWayne']
ekc44.jpg

EyOEM.jpg

Yeah the crack maybe isn't as huge as I described in my above post but still, not what you expect when you drop $350 on limited edition console[/QUOTE]

My store got a lot of these consoles in, and few of them were preordered. I'd say if you get to a store who didn't do a midnight release at opening or soon after you'll have an easy time replacing the busted system.

[quote name='JohnWayne']
ekc44.jpg

EyOEM.jpg

Since you already had a console preordered @ bb couldnt you just return the busted one (and keep the dlc n batteries) and pick up your "on hold" bundle?

halo fanboys...
bought the limited edition of halo 4 for $108 with tax
just sold the dlc of halo 4 limited edition for $71 and the venator raptor armor for $28.with ebay fees ill make around $75-$80. Which means i basically spent $28 for halo 4 on launch day and iget to keep all the physical goodies. i will also get the $20 reward zone credit so i basically got this game for a net $8

[quote name='lwhitit']Since you already had a console preordered @ bb couldnt you just return the busted one (and keep the dlc n batteries) and pick up your "on hold" bundle?[/QUOTE]

Oh I forgot to say in my above post that when she said that she couldn't look up .com orders, she meant for ppl who only bought the game so she ended up pulling up my Xbox bundle when i was finally able to talk to her at the register

[quote name='KanYozakura']They should do both but maybe the email is only for RZ members. It is definitely on the receipt though.[/QUOTE]

Yea newbie fucked up the transaction even after being asked by the guy in front of me and then me he still says yes it's going to be emailed

For some reason I feel like they did this to me on purpose because I flipped like 10 games a couple weeks ago at that store once ever, and when I did, she was the one who was doing trade ins that day and she was sort of giving me a mean look and an angry toned voice. So I think she saw my name on the store pick up papers and just said "oh hey it's that guy that flipped those games that one time, I'll just give him this really shitty box" I say this because all the other xboxs were in mint condition, at least from what I could tell

[quote name='JohnWayne']Oh I forgot to say in my above post that when she said that she couldn't look up .com orders, she meant for ppl who only bought the game so she ended up pulling up my Xbox bundle when i was finally able to talk to her at the register[/QUOTE]

Nobody likes to deal with that. Go back tomorrow for the swap and then send a letter to corp about the hassle. That should be good for some gc's or rz points.

Was my 2nd ever BB midnight release tonight.. Glad to see they still haven't figured this shit out... They do a walk-in line, a online PO line and a in-store PO line. The walk-ins get their games and leave while the other lines stand still. I'll never preorder in-store again, you gotta show id, give blood sample, get 2 other cashiers to show you how to refund the $5 from PO to pickup and scan my card 12 times. LOL The online PO line was pretty much just as bad though it was barely moving faster...

I usually just pre-order online and pick up in store the morning of release day, it's always ready show my CC flash id and leave... Oh well got my $20 and a couple goofy Halo stickers, they kept everything else for themselves from what i've seen on other forums.. It was kinda funny the guy was like heheh here check these out hehe vote Halo!

EDIT: Yea i'm lieing i'll pre-order in store again and again to get the freebies like the GTA:V poster lol

AND WHY would you take that system with the box destroyed??? My store I didn't see anyone buy one, they had literally 12 piled out a table up front and controllers etc. I saw 1 controller bought and the rest was straight games in and out unless all those walk-in customers bought systems.

[quote name='htz']Maybe you should pre-order one from amazon just to be safe. Only 5 left from amazon as I write this.

Edit: amazon added 500 more.[/QUOTE]

I will do that tomorrow for sure if I can't find one tomorrow since I payed it all with store credit. I'll just buy those amazon cards they sell, illjust be a bit dissapointed as I really wanted that $20 gift card and that $20 RZ cert. that would have made the console basically $310

[quote name='lwhitit']Nobody likes to deal with that. Go back tomorrow for the swap and then send a letter to corp about the hassle. That should be good for some gc's or rz points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll definately be calling corp, right after I see if they have some more consoles first thing in the morn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back