Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone PM'd an online Best Buy order before? I ordered NCAA 13 to be shipped, and noticed that TRU and Amazon both have it for $45. Do I just call them? Thanks in advance for any help!

[quote name='blcklblskt']Has anyone PM'd an online Best Buy order before? I ordered NCAA 13 to be shipped, and noticed that TRU and Amazon both have it for $45. Do I just call them? Thanks in advance for any help![/QUOTE]

yes, you call them, but they are not going to pm amazon. they will pm tru tho, but they might call the tru in your local stores to confirm the $45 price

[quote name='sninh']so was the trick to call them to pm after the stores are closed so they cant call and check?[/QUOTE]

you can try that, but it is is ymmv depending on the person based on my own personal experience with bestbuy. i Had better experience when i bought the game in store, and pming it, then ordering it order, and try to pm it over the phone

[quote name='YBX87']yes, you call them, but they are not going to pm amazon. they will pm tru tho, but they might call the tru in your local stores to confirm the $45 price[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='atlantis']I hate to break it you folks but instead of all this petty money hustling, you could earn lots by going to school and getting a decent-paying job.

Wouldn't that be easier than trying to shake down big corporations for pennies?[/QUOTE]

I'm currently in school working towards my degree. I also like to play a lot of video games. I don't like paying a lot of money for those video games. If I can buy a game and sell it for what I paid and get $30 in a store credit to put towards a game I want, and if I have the time between classes/homework/work, then I'll do it. Why would I do such thing to earn "pennies" ,as you say? I'll do it because it saves me over the long haul and I can put that savings to pay for books/tuition/gas for school. With how expensive it is today, I need to be able to save somewhere.

Back on topic, can you PM in store if you bought the item online with in store pickup?

yeah my magna cum laude and full time job is worthless.
i hate sitting at a desk getting paid to surf the net all day.
you showed me a thing or two, lol

but yeah, this deal is awesome, and they said only 5 days til 20 certs this time instead of 30 days after your last pickup or something like that. last year lots of fingers were crossed cuz the 5/100 deal only paid out at the end.
instore pickups lots of times are pricematched with a return/rebuy, so hoping that wouldnt hurt your 20 certs.
altho i did a instore pickup pricematch on release day max payne and still got dlc, so idk.

Best Buy TIV is $27 for NCAA right now. With 100% bonus, I think I'll trade it in for $54 and put it towards a copy Madden 13 once I've gotten my fill of NCAA.

Yeah I preordered online with instore pickup. I went and had them price match TRU, they did a return and rebuy.

I'll be calling BB tomorrow to make sure everything is straight on my $20 rewards. Only thing I'm scared of is losing the $10 code since my total wasn't over $50 anymore. But since I price matched, I don't think that should effect it, correct?

[quote name='blcklblskt']Best Buy TIV is $27 for NCAA right now. With 100% bonus, I think I'll trade it in for $54 and put it towards a copy Madden 13 once I've gotten my fill of NCAA.[/QUOTE]

It's onLy 50% now

[quote name='blcklblskt']Best Buy TIV is $27 for NCAA right now. With 100% bonus, I think I'll trade it in for $54 and put it towards a copy Madden 13 once I've gotten my fill of NCAA.[/QUOTE]

you better trade it in before this week ends, because there is a very high chance they are going to nuke the tiv after this week

[quote name='atlantis']I hate to break it you folks but instead of all this petty money hustling, you could earn lots by going to school and getting a decent-paying job.

Wouldn't that be easier than trying to shake down big corporations for pennies?[/QUOTE]

lol, I graduated Summa Cum Laude and already have a full-time job in my field less than 2 months after graduation. I'll take all the "pennies" I can get, its called being smart with your money.

Didn't 100% end on 7/7?

Saint'sRow911;9773705 said:
Yeah I preordered online with instore pickup. I went and had them price match TRU, they did a return and rebuy.

I'll be calling BB tomorrow to make sure everything is straight on my $20 rewards. Only thing I'm scared of is losing the $10 code since my total wasn't over $50 anymore. But since I price matched, I don't think that should effect it, correct?

it is ymmv, you never know. but enuf said you should never do a return / and rebuy, because it could effect $20

The 100% bonus is done. It's down to 50% now. Still not bad since you'll get around 45. If they leave the TIV on NCAA the same for the next few weeks, I'll probably just trade it in towards Madden as well.

I thought they banned your ass?

[quote name='YBX87']it is ymmv, you never know. but enuf said you should never do a return / and rebuy, because it could effect $20[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'll at least still be getting my $20 RZ from them, I'm not really worried about that right now. I'll understand if they don't give me the $10 code though since my total was under $50 after the pm.

Does this $20 RZ credit work with the buy 2 get 1 free? I'm going to pick up NCAA and I was thinking of grabbing a couple Vita games if it works.

As long as you preordered it, yes.

New page bump for my question: can you PM in store if you bought the item online with in store pickup?

[quote name='advanced']As long as you preordered it, yes.

New page bump for my question: can you PM in store if you bought the item online with in store pickup?[/QUOTE]
All transactions done on the best buy website including in-store pickup has to be dealt with over the phone. So no you will need to call into BB customer service.

[quote name='blcklblskt']Has anyone PM'd an online Best Buy order before? I ordered NCAA 13 to be shipped, and noticed that TRU and Amazon both have it for $45. Do I just call them? Thanks in advance for any help![/QUOTE]

Called them and Best Buy won't PM it because the deal is online only. It has to be in-store for a PM. Oh well.

[quote name='htz']All transactions done on the best buy website including in-store pickup has to be dealt with over the phone. So no you will need to call into BB customer service.[/QUOTE]

Thanks htz.

so i never done a pricematch with these before. Do the csr do a return/rebuy or do they just give you a giftcard for the difference? thanks

Well Im gonna have a big problem. I called to pricematch the TRU price of NCAA. They did and sent me an email they were refunding the $15. 15 minutes later I get an ordered canceled email saying they couldnt process my payment even though I picked up the game earlier today. I paid with 6 of those $10 promos which I told the lady on the phone so I could get another $10 code + I was getting the $20 back from pre-ordering.

So now there is no order, all the code's I used are bringing up $0. So now I wont get a $10 promo code or a $20 pre-order credit either or a $15 pricematch. Have a feeling it will be a long call on the phone.

[quote name='blcklblskt']Called them and Best Buy won't PM it because the deal is online only. It has to be in-store for a PM. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I suggest calling until you get someone who will put it through.

My husband just got off the phone , and I am being refunded 15.98 for the price match to TRU.

I want to try and pricematch TRU as well but only if I can still get the $10 promo code. I should probably just wait until I get it before I try to pricematch.

[quote name='sbaker44']I want to try and pricematch TRU as well but only if I can still get the $10 promo code. I should probably just wait until I get it before I try to pricematch.[/QUOTE]

This is what I should of done. I wasn't even thinking about the $10 code at the time, just saving the $15 from the price match.

I preordered online with in-store pickup, and was able to get them to price match TRU in the store. (I went back later in the day after I had already picked up the game)

[quote name='Hoos First']Well Im gonna have a big problem. I called to pricematch the TRU price of NCAA. They did and sent me an email they were refunding the $15. 15 minutes later I get an ordered canceled email saying they couldnt process my payment even though I picked up the game earlier today. I paid with 6 of those $10 promos which I told the lady on the phone so I could get another $10 code + I was getting the $20 back from pre-ordering.

So now there is no order, all the code's I used are bringing up $0. So now I wont get a $10 promo code or a $20 pre-order credit either or a $15 pricematch. Have a feeling it will be a long call on the phone.[/QUOTE]

you paid less than $10 on your CC of course this was going to be a mess. How do you get $15 back on something you didn't even pay for? lol

[quote name='sbaker44']I want to try and pricematch TRU as well but only if I can still get the $10 promo code. I should probably just wait until I get it before I try to pricematch.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat, my preordered copy just sold online and don't want to be too hasty.

[quote name='te619']I suggest calling until you get someone who will put it through.

My husband just got off the phone , and I am being refunded 15.98 for the price match to TRU.[/QUOTE]
Quick question, was this before or after the game was picked up (assuming it was in-store)?

for the $10 certs you get for pick up can't you tell them you lost your gift card and have them send you one?

[quote name='Donut2922']you paid less than $10 on your CC of course this was going to be a mess. How do you get $15 back on something you didn't even pay for? lol[/QUOTE]

Thats what Im somewhat saying. If everything had went the way it was suppose to, it would have been:

$63(game + tax)
-new $10 promo
-$20 Reward promo
-$15 TRU pricematch

=$18 total price

Right now Im looking at $63 spent with nothing coming back. Like I said, this will be a painful phone call.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I thought they banned your ass?[/QUOTE]

Naw, that was altanis, I just created this username for some lulz arising out of the confusion.

I am just amazed at your elaborate scheme to turn a profit. You see I like to be smart with my money as well. But I'm content just reaping the 20$ RZ certificates from this thing.

lol, i learned my lesson the last i purchase an item online, and try contacting bestbuy to pricematch. it is a pain in the ass, so i avoid trying to purchase item online from bestbuy, if i know i need to pricematch down the road

So I picked up my order, but don't see it listed under my purchases for my reward zone.

I still have original purchases of gamers unlocked pending as it says points won't be available till 7/17 even though I got it 6/12. Does that mean I won't get the 20 gift card and 10 savings gift code?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So I picked up my order, but don't see it listed under my purchases for my reward zone.

I still have original purchases of gamers unlocked pending as it says points won't be available till 7/17 even though I got it 6/12. Does that mean I won't get the 20 gift card and 10 savings gift code?[/QUOTE]

They take forever on updating the points. Seriously, sometimes it takes like a month for the points to be added. Kind of weak, it shouldn't take more than a week.

I'll update this thread tomorrow afternoon to let everyone know if I get my $20 RZ and my $10 giftcard code. I should of just waited until I got back to Kansas City to screw with this, instead of being out in Las Vegas trying to mess with this.

So is there a reason that only BO2 is underlined? Does that mean that the offer was removed? If so, will it come back? From what it said online, I got the message that the offers stand until the game is released (or when 2012 is over, whichever comes first). Can they just remove it without any warning? (Sorry for reposting but I didn't get an answer earlier)

Saint'sRow911;9774233 said:
They take forever on updating the points. Seriously, sometimes it takes like a month for the points to be added. Kind of weak, it shouldn't take more than a week.

I'll update this thread tomorrow afternoon to let everyone know if I get my $20 RZ and my $10 giftcard code. I should of just waited until I got back to Kansas City to screw with this, instead of being out in Las Vegas trying to mess with this.

well at least u showed us what not to do lol. I'm going to pick up ncaa tomorrow. Should had done it today but had work. And then wait the next day for the pricematch since bestbuy has been good to me and usually sends the 10 code the next day.

[quote name='Dund3r']My closest TrU is 53 miles away so the PM will probably be a no-go...guess I'll wait it out for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

if you preorder in store, and purchased in store. you should have no problem pm toys rus, because all they do is lookup the price on the tru website

[quote name='YBX87']if you preorder in store, and purchased in store. you should have no problem pm toys rus, because all they do is lookup the price on the tru website[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered online and chose in-store pickup to get the $10 code.

Most other times I would do everything in store. Guess this will be a good chance to test how well the PM process works since PM requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone.

[quote name='Dund3r']I pre-ordered online and chose in-store pickup to get the $10 code.

Most other times I would do everything in store. Guess this will be a good chance to test how well the PM process works since PM requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone.[/QUOTE]

good luck, i never had luck pm anything purchasing from bestbuy.com

[quote name='YBX87']good luck, i never had luck pm anything purchasing from bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

What kind of issues did you run into when trying to PM a purchase you made online?

[quote name='Dund3r']What kind of issues did you run into when trying to PM a purchase you made online?[/QUOTE]

they always call to local compeitior store such as target, toy's rus, and they told me those local compeitior are sold out of the specific "item",

[quote name='YBX87']they always call to local compeitior store such as target, toy's rus, and they told me those local compeitior are sold out of the specific "item",[/QUOTE]

Well, were they out of stock on the item? If so, I can see why they would shoot you down.

Guess I'll call my local competitors to check stock before I call BB for a PM. That why I'll know if BB is being truthful if they say the item I am trying to PM is out of stock.

[quote name='YBX87']good luck, i never had luck pm anything purchasing from bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I always go to my local store for PM, and so far they never gave me any issues doing it (as long as it's legit) although it's purchased from .com. Not to mention that I didn't want to be put on hold for 15-20 mins...

[quote name='kangchousa']Hmm, I always go to my local store for PM, and so far they never gave me any issues doing it (as long as it's legit) although it's purchased from .com. Not to mention that I didn't want to be put on hold for 15-20 mins...[/QUOTE]
Its YMMV. My closest BB just looks at the price on my iPhone and accepts it without calling to verify. All other BB in the area seem to call the local competitor to see if its in stock and sometimes wont honor online only prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back