Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
why is sleeping dogs not on this deal :whistle2:( and when does bestbuy.com charge for pre-orders

[quote name='starmask2k3']why is sleeping dogs not on this deal :whistle2:( and when does bestbuy.com charge for pre-orders[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure you're charged right away, though I'm not sure since I've been using gift cards to pay for things.

[quote name='chris00cm']Have they added games to this deal or is it just me?[/QUOTE]I think it's just you, unless they added a sports title or something else that doesn't interest me.

Haven't bought a game from best buy in awhile, but I bought all my fall games from them and will be doing it again.

So I'm signing up for the gamers club tomorrow and I'm going to preorder ass creed, res evil, codblops, halo and borderlands. I wish darksiders was part of the deal. What's the price adjusmet policy now? I remember hearing it changed. I want darksiders day 1 but I know there will be a drop or sale pretty fast.

[quote name='seanr1221']Haven't bought a game from best buy in awhile, but I bought all my fall games from them and will be doing it again.

So I'm signing up for the gamers club tomorrow and I'm going to preorder ass creed, res evil, codblops, halo and borderlands. I wish darksiders was part of the deal. What's the price adjusmet policy now? I remember hearing it changed. I want darksiders day 1 but I know there will be a drop or sale pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up: ass creed has the free steelbook, halo has a litograph, and blops2 has free dogtags if you preorder in store and if they have them in stock.

[quote name='thelwig14']What is the usual ETA for receiving the Welcome Packet coupons?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

4-6 weeks apartently, I'm coming up on 4 weeks and nothing yet. Hope I get them by the next magazine.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I signed up in early june and havent gotten a welcome packet yet.

The @gamer site does say my first issue will be september though.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not in the system and I signed up almost a month ago. Pretty weak it takes that long.

[quote name='seanr1221']Haven't bought a game from best buy in awhile, but I bought all my fall games from them and will be doing it again.
What's the price adjusmet policy now? I remember hearing it changed[/QUOTE]Been on a gaming fast? LOL They've had too many deals:D
30 days for reg. members 60 for silver members I'd expect them to extend the policy like last year starting in mid-late Oct for returns/pm's thru Feb. 2013

[quote name='mgorsi']Really hoping that they add Forza Horizon to the list[/QUOTE]vote for it in the OP link if you haven't already, there's new booklets out with the games that should be showing up by August but they will most likely just add the $10/$20 RZ deal just like they did for MP3 & ME3.

You need to check on that if it's been that long someone messed up.

[quote name='209chromatic']Is Black Ops 2 also included?
If it's in the link in the OP it's in the promo.

Just pre-ordered Madden NFL 12 and didnt have to pay a penny and still have about $35 left on my Gift Card. This promo will get me the five games I want for basically free. I wont have to pay another penny. Awesome deal!!! :)

[quote name='starmask2k3']why is sleeping dogs not on this deal :whistle2:( and when does bestbuy.com charge for pre-orders[/QUOTE]

When I pre-ordered NCAA 13 I was charged immediately. However, when I went and picked it up, the next day on my CC account, I noticed that they refunded me the entire amount, then turned around and charged me again. So, not sure what that was all about...

Tempted by Madden 13, this is supposed to be a pretty big leap forward over the previous year with the physics engine, also Megatron on the cover is pretty sweet too. Getting it essentially half off.. decisions decisions :)

[quote name='RiPPn']Tempted by Madden 13, this is supposed to be a pretty big leap forward over the previous year with the physics engine, also Megatron on the cover is pretty sweet too. Getting it essentially half off.. decisions decisions :)[/QUOTE]

Is that a nickname? Or are the decepticons actually allowed in the draft now?

Does anyone else have the points pending but the transaction not in your account? (on a side note I did it on the 13th and none of my purchases from friday the 13th are showing up :eek:)

[quote name='sninh']Does anyone else have the points pending but the transaction not in your account? (on a side note I did it on the 13th and none of my purchases from friday the 13th are showing up :eek:)[/QUOTE]

thats what you get for tempting friday the 13th

There's color booklets showing all the listed titles along with the promo itself which will be displayed in the gaming areas so technically there will be no more games added TO THIS PROMO.

The reg. $10 RZ points or GC for reg. RZ members & $20 for GCU is still up for grabs so keep voting don't wish for a title you want to be added & hope enough of other people get the tally to 90-100 votes. We're at 42 votes so far & 94 for the @gamer online usage I think they're still working to make it "exploit proof" & get the system bug free. Looking at the volume of sales from the $10 savings code deal hopefully they'll add a club for Movies/music where this continues yr round along with the same benefits you get from B&N

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-more-titles-20-RZ-promo/idi-p/531520

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/New-BestBuy-MMM-club-Movies-Music-Media/idi-p/540236

[quote name='Enuf']There's color booklets showing all the listed titles along with the promo itself which will be displayed in the gaming areas so technically there will be no more games added TO THIS PROMO.

The reg. $10 RZ points or GC for reg. RZ members & $20 for GCU is still up for grabs so keep voting don't wish for a title you want to be added & hope enough of other people get the tally to 90-100 votes. We're at 42 votes so far & 94 for the @gamer online usage I think they're still working to make it "exploit proof" & get the system bug free. Looking at the volume of sales from the $10 savings code deal hopefully they'll add a club for Movies/music where this continues yr round along with the same benefits you get from B&N

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-more-titles-20-RZ-promo/idi-p/531520

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/New-BestBuy-MMM-club-Movies-Music-Media/idi-p/540236[/QUOTE] I also urge those who haven't yet voted, at least for the first idea, to do so--it's so painless (click the Up Arrow mark to the left of the idea title) and your vote really will (hopefully) make a difference.

[quote name='slowdive21']Just a heads up: ass creed has the free steelbook, halo has a litograph, and blops2 has free dogtags if you preorder in store and if they have them in stock.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

[quote name='Enuf']There's color booklets showing all the listed titles along with the promo itself which will be displayed in the gaming areas so technically there will be no more games added TO THIS PROMO.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/New-BestBuy-MMM-club-Movies-Music-Media/idi-p/540236[/QUOTE]

I already voted for the additional $20 rewards a while back, but I am definitely not feeling another another club program and tiered levels of a paid membership. Not only is that bound to eventually result in silver members getting what the regular paid members get now with the current membership level becoming more and more just a magazine subscription (if you don't think Best Buy will move perks from the $15 a year level to the spend $1,000 a year level if they think they can than you are way too trusting of a corporation). More so, that would make a total of 7 different membership(s) and levels that Best Buy customers could be a part of (RZ, RZ Silver, GC, GCU, GCU-Silver, MMM, MMM-SIlver) which is guaranteed to result in more errors and screw-ups than any mortal can honestly conceive of. Not to mention that it will cost them that much more to handle the increased administrative cost, the increase in marketing by trying to create offers, code and produce and then market said offers. I really can't see Best Buy going for it, or pulling it off. Not to mention that movies and music is a dieing part of their business that I can't see them investing much in at this point. Target has a better selection of both at this point.

Yeah BB needs to get the Gamer Club figured out before they start trying to add tiers to it. The idea and deals are great, although the execution is straight up awful.

Most of the employees have relatively no idea what's going on in the store with deals and promotions, if anything they need to simplify their processes, not add more and complicate them.

[quote name='6er']Is that a nickname? Or are the decepticons actually allowed in the draft now?[/QUOTE]

lol, it's the Detroit Lion's wide receiver Calvin Johnson's nickname. It was given to him by a college teammate because of his size, speed, shape, stature and freakish athletic abilities. He has huge hands and is 6 1/2' tall. Just an awesome player, especially if you play fantasy football. :)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I already voted for the additional $20 rewards a while back, but I am definitely not feeling another another club program and tiered levels of a paid membership. 1- Not only is that bound to eventually result in silver members getting what the regular paid members get now with the current membership level becoming more and more just a magazine subscription (if you don't think Best Buy will move perks from the $15 a year level to the spend $1,000 a year level if they think they can than you are way too trusting of a corporation). 2- More so, that would make a total of 7 different membership(s) and levels that Best Buy customers could be a part of (RZ, RZ Silver, GC, GCU, GCU-Silver, MMM, MMM-SIlver) which is guaranteed to result in more errors and screw-ups than any mortal can honestly conceive of. 3- Not to mention that it will cost them that much more to handle the increased administrative cost, the increase in marketing by trying to create offers, code and produce and then market said offers. I really can't see Best Buy going for it, or 4- pulling it off. 5- Not to mention that movies and music is a dieing part of their business that I can't see them investing much in at this point. 6- Target has a better selection of both at this point.[/QUOTE]
There's a reason that I make detailed post for ideas giving them free thought for paid programs can lead to bad news for customers but if you're gonna ask for the world you gotta meet halfway. The key is for the programs to be profitable on each level thus they won't want to upset the balance.
1- I listed it out so things are added to the programs not taken away but I do understand your concern.
2- They already screw stuff up now I don't want them to become bland b/c they're afraid to change/adapt which will result in the death of the company.
3- The ideas are high profit & somewhat low start-up plus they introduce new revenue sources & are ways to really boost foot/web traffic.
4- They'd need a new team/person w/outta the box thinking which honestly is something they need now anyways. It just takes the right person to show them the way.
5- It'll be a long time before physical media dies. US web speeds pale to oversees quality but we pay thru the nose. The money that's made residually from physical media will keep it from dying.
6- Not even close in my areas, they don't have all the seasons of tons of TV shows & they're DVD/BLU isn't even close in quantity, but they have so much other stuff like food, towels, oil, bleach...
I agree it's not going to be a quick process but if done correctly both customers/company will be very happy.

Saint'sRow911;9829671]Yeah BB needs to get the Gamer Club figured out before they start trying to add tiers to it. The idea and deals are great said:
Completely agree but they're slow to change now more like treading water, however if they were to begin upgrading correctly the entire program needs to be fix from the ground up. If they go that route fixing everything & upgrading is cheaper/more efficient when done at once step by step.

looks like forza horizon won't be added. why doesn't Amazon have Forza Horizon Limited Edition?

Anyway, bump, it took me a while to find this. never been to the 4th page before lol

When did that pre-order Borderlands 2, get Borderlands GOTY promotion for $9.99 end?

I've been traveling a lot lately so I just never did it, looks like I missed out on it though. Might go into Best Buy tomorrow and see if I can get them to give it to me anyway if it has ended.

Saint'sRow911;9842903]When did that pre-order Borderlands 2 said:
That was just for one week (it was in the weekly ad) a few weeks back, so I doubt they'll give it to you. There's no harm in trying, though, I suppose.

[quote name='Vigilante']That was just for one week (it was in the weekly ad) a few weeks back, so I doubt they'll give it to you. There's no harm in trying, though, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Guess I just didn't pay enough attention to it to realize it was just a week thing. I didn't have a ton of interest in it, but it's starting to grow on me. Doubt I'll get it, but if I get the manager that has hooked me up before, maybe he'll approve it.

And need for speed most wanted but I might wait till black friday for this need for speed always seems to go on sale then

I don't know if this has been covered somewhere, but if I pre-order Madden today, does my 60-day price adjustment guarantee as a Silver member start with today's date or the day it comes out? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait another week or two to pre-order it and the the verbiage on their website only mentions giving the lower price if it drops prior to shipment and doesn't address when the timeframe begins.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I don't know if this has been covered somewhere, but if I pre-order Madden today, does my 60-day price adjustment guarantee as a Silver member start with today's date or the day it comes out? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait another week or two to pre-order it and the the verbiage on their website only mentions giving the lower price if it drops prior to shipment and doesn't address when the timeframe begins.[/QUOTE]

Should be when you pick the game up. They can't charge you until you pick the game up, so you really haven't paid for anything yet.

[quote name='Timenice']And need for speed most wanted but I might wait till black friday for this need for speed always seems to go on sale then[/QUOTE]it will most likely be one of the $35 games that BB has on sale for BF so you'd need to consider which is better for you
$35 or $40 + $20 credit

[quote name='chriscolbert']I don't know if this has been covered somewhere, but if I pre-order Madden today, does my 60-day price adjustment guarantee as a Silver member start with today's date or the day it comes out? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait another week or two to pre-order it and the the verbiage on their website only mentions giving the lower price if it drops prior to shipment and doesn't address when the timeframe begins.[/QUOTE]In-store your 60 days starts when you p/u the game itself so it's better to p/u on the sat. of the release week to fully max the pm timeline. Online pre-orders I believe it starts from when the charge you card so when the game ships.

[quote name='advanced']No.

And how would they know its your copy of NCAA?[/QUOTE]
He wrote his name on the box?

Wow, there's nothing on that list for me until November. Last year I bought 1 game a month or more starting in August until Dec.

Lol just making sure.
So would I be able to trade it in they don't know it's my copy that I bought from there realisticly

does anyone know if an online order of ac3 will come with the steelbook and pre order dlc if I get it shipped to me (as in no in store pick up). thanks.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']does anyone know if an online order of ac3 will come with the steelbook and pre order dlc if I get it shipped to me (as in no in store pick up). thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The steelbook should show up as a separate line item in your cart when you checkout. It'll automatically be listed for "shipping" even if you use "store pickup" for the game. The DLC is a sub-item bundled with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back