Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Think we'd see a Halo price drop before a CoD price drop.[/QUOTE]

CoD always goes on sale somewhere during Christmas.

Well I called about getting new coupons issues from welcome packet since the b2g1 is only get for like, 1 week and the b2g1 on pre-owned for 2 since last week there was a b2g1. Was told basically that I have to use them before they expire but if I don't they "should" be able to issue me new ones.

I just beat the campaign for :ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighters and will return it to Redbox tonight. If you don't care about multiplayer, this is easily a one day rental. If you preordered it and haven't picked it up yet, you may want to cancel.

I liked the variety of the missions, and the characters (Preacher, Voodoo, Stump, Dusty, etc.) all make a return from the first game. I also like the enemies don't magically keep spawning unless you move past a certain spot on the ground (looking at you COD: World at War).

The environment has dynamic destruction and gives a good sense of your bullets actually making an impact. The sound, weapon recoil, and bullet drop physics are nice touches as well.

Great campaign to play through one time, but not worth $60 at all in my opinion.

[quote name='Bosamba']I just beat the campaign for :ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighters and will return it to Redbox tonight. If you don't care about multiplayer, this is easily a one day rental. If you preordered it and haven't picked it up yet, you may want to cancel.

I liked the variety of the missions, and the characters (Preacher, Voodoo, Stump, Dusty, etc.) all make a return from the first game. I also like the enemies don't magically keep spawning unless you move past a certain spot on the ground (looking at you COD: World at War).

The environment has dynamic destruction and gives a good sense of your bullets actually making an impact. The sound, weapon recoil, and bullet drop physics are nice touches as well.

Great campaign to play through one time, but not worth $60 at all in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
So approximately a 6 hour single player campaign?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Quick question: if I preordered AC3, how can I price match kmart's deal without fucking up my $20 gift card?[/QUOTE]

Just make sure to tell the employee to process the transaction as a price match and to not do it as a return/rebuy or it will mess up the $20 RWZ promotion they are currently running. That's what I always say beforehand, it will also say "Price Match" on the receipt they give you if done correctly.

Price Matching at the time of purchased worked for me with RE6 and Frys.

Kind of hoping I can find a deal on WWE 13 for next week too as I'd like to get it from BB along with AC3.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Just make sure to tell the employee to process the transaction as a price match and to not do it as a return/rebuy or it will mess up the $20 RWZ promotion they are currently running. That's what I always say beforehand, it will also say "Price Match" on the receipt they give you if done correctly.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Can they refuse to process it as a price match for any reason? Also, should I bother trying all this at the midnight launch?

[quote name='TooPoor']So approximately a 6 hour single player campaign?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I play games really slowly so I could probably have beaten it sooner than the two days it took me to beat it. I just read the Destructoid review where it gets absolutely trashed, and I think he stopped reviewing the game by its own merits and just wanted to send a message to EA. It doesn't deserve a 5/10 in my book, I'd say a solid 7/10.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Ah, I see. Can they refuse to process it as a price match for any reason? Also, should I bother trying all this at the midnight launch?[/QUOTE]

No, the only way to get this messed up is if you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing. As for price matching at midnight I personally would wait until the next day but it shouldn't be a problem if you decided to do it right there and then.

[quote name='Bosamba']I just beat the campaign for :ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighters and will return it to Redbox tonight. If you don't care about multiplayer, this is easily a one day rental. If you preordered it and haven't picked it up yet, you may want to cancel.

Great campaign to play through one time, but not worth $60 at all in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Playing my redbox rental now as well. I'll post my time if i can look it up on a menu. The cut scenes when they are in casual clothes are probably the best looking humans in a gage I've ever seen though!!! Simply amazing

[quote name='Gamer4life88']No, the only way to get this messed up is if you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing. As for price matching at midnight I personally would wait until the next day but it shouldn't be a problem if you decided to do it right there and then.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks, mah man!!

[quote name='Gamer4life88']No, the only way to get this messed up is if you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing..[/QUOTE]

well that describes about every employee at my bestbuy

Quick Question. I just found out that my BB isn't doing a midnight release for Halo 4, and I already have it pre-ordered there. I really want to get it at midnight, but I really want that $20 BB credit also. So could I pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight, then return the BB copy to Walmart with the receipt?

[quote name='Wallshay']Quick Question. I just found out that my BB isn't doing a midnight release for Halo 4, and I already have it pre-ordered there. I really want to get it at midnight, but I really want that $20 BB credit also. So could I pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight, then return the BB copy to Walmart with the receipt?[/QUOTE]

If the UPCs are the same then yes.

[quote name='dan77733']Is it possible to use the reward certs in-store without being able to print them?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have had them scan the bar code off my phone. It confused them when I did it, but it worked.

It's been a while since I've tried..but can RZ certs be used towards a BBY gift card to use on a Visa prepaid in-store? Or better yet, the Visa prepaid itself?

I've got about $85 on GCs and a $45 cert that I would like to just put on a Visa.

[quote name='Wallshay']Quick Question. I just found out that my BB isn't doing a midnight release for Halo 4, and I already have it pre-ordered there. I really want to get it at midnight, but I really want that $20 BB credit also. So could I pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight, then return the BB copy to Walmart with the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up as I'm in the same situation as you, I think the Walmart copies are going to have a "only at walmart" thing on them since they come with a doritos/dew double exp code, so not sure if that will work. I decided to buy a second copy then sell it on launch for like a 10 buck loss since I want to play it at midnight plus I'll get more pre-order bonuses this way.

[quote name='Bosamba']Yeah. I play games really slowly so I could probably have beaten it sooner than the two days it took me to beat it. I just read the Destructoid review where it gets absolutely trashed, and I think he stopped reviewing the game by its own merits and just wanted to send a message to EA. It doesn't deserve a 5/10 in my book, I'd say a solid 7/10.[/QUOTE]

I would say 6/10, mainly because MP is not complete crap but far from good. SP was great finished it shortly after jumping on earlier today and played a crap ton of MP, all ready to trade it back into BB, it also comes with a free trial to the MP so redbox would be great for this game.

if you have a different bestbuy near you that's doing a midnight release you could always go there to pick it up.. i'm sure they will have plenty of copies

Anyone know why Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 doesn't show this "Special Offers:
$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" when you look at the product on bestbuy.com? It shows this for other eligible products like Halo 4 , etc. Thanks.

[quote name='midisam775']Anyone know why Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 doesn't show this "Special Offers:
$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" when you look at the product on bestbuy.com? It shows this for other eligible products like Halo 4 , etc. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Activision doesn't like Day 1 deals on their games, especially Call of Duty titles.

[quote name='Bosamba']Activision doesn't like Day 1 deals on their games, especially Call of Duty titles.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so it's not eligible? I wonder why bestbuy.com has it on the list of eligible titles then. Here. Last one on the list.

[quote name='midisam775']Anyone know why Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 doesn't show this "Special Offers:
$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" when you look at the product on bestbuy.com? It shows this for other eligible products like Halo 4 , etc. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They don't like Day 1 deals so they requested it not to be shown on the product page. It still qualifies though.

[quote name='barrit']They don't like Day 1 deals so they requested it not to be shown on the product page. It still qualifies though.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. That clears it up.

Just got an email stating my AC3 steelbook shipped. I'm still wondering if I wanna head to the midnight release for my in-store pickup for a chance at that limited edition coin.

I have over $70 in rewards right now. I plan on getting AC3, Blops 2, and Halo 4. When you purchase a game using a reward certificate is that going to affect price matching later on? I'm guessing I should spread out the rewards instead of using $60 on one game.What do you guys suggest doing?

[quote name='DomLando']I have over $70 in rewards right now. I plan on getting AC3, Blops 2, and Halo 4. When you purchase a game using a reward certificate is that going to affect price matching later on? I'm guessing I should spread out the rewards instead of using $60 on one game.What do you guys suggest doing?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm not using my certs until BF, just to be safe. I know some people have said that it doesn't affect anything but with BB you never know.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Paying with a BB gift card won't prevent me from PMing either, right?[/QUOTE]Definitely not--gift cards are like cash, so if you're refused a PM because you paid with a GC, that's wrong.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Paying with a BB gift card won't prevent me from PMing either, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope but... You might run into an issue like i just did. I just PM Madden 13 to k-mart to get $15 back. I couldn't check the order page (bb site wasnt working) to see how i paid. I paid 100% GC plus RZ credit. The CC rep processed my PM and ended up crediting some random GC i no longer have. Case is getting escalated so they will prob just issue me a new one. No biggie since BB is the only place that allows this but FYI.

[quote name='lwhitit']Nope but... You might run into an issue like i just did. I just PM Madden 13 to k-mart to get $15 back. I couldn't check the order page (bb site wasnt working) to see how i paid. I paid 100% GC plus RZ credit. The CC rep processed my PM and ended up crediting some random GC i no longer have. Case is getting escalated so they will prob just issue me a new one. No biggie since BB is the only place that allows this but FYI.[/QUOTE]I argue that this is the #1 reason you should get a Pitch-In Card to consolidate all of your gift card credit. That way you have it all in one place and if/when you PM, you know that the difference will go right back on that card.

The only potential drawback is you have to be extra, extra careful not to lose or misplace the PIC.

On a side note, this isn't technically related to this promotion, but I just received the preorder code to play the Industrial Revolution game associated with Bioshock Infinite, and this was a preorder I made nearly half a year ago. Irrational Games said that those who preordered before the bonus was announced would have to cancel and resubmit their preorder, but apparently that isn't necessarily the case. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

[quote name='DomLando']I have over $70 in rewards right now. I plan on getting AC3, Blops 2, and Halo 4. When you purchase a game using a reward certificate is that going to affect price matching later on? I'm guessing I should spread out the rewards instead of using $60 on one game.What do you guys suggest doing?[/QUOTE]

Glad you brought that up because I am fairly sure you will only get the PM based on what your RZ certs brought the price down to. Think I'll use my $20 cert from RE6 on Black Ops 2 or Halo 4 which almost certainly won't drop until after the PM period is over.

[quote name='Killbomb']Glad you brought that up because I am fairly sure you will only get the PM based on what your RZ certs brought the price down to. Think I'll use my $20 cert from RE6 on Black Ops 2 or Halo 4 which almost certainly won't drop until after the PM period is over.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I've PM'd something I used RZ for, I got the points back to the extent that they were the final method of payment for the price difference. One time they did work like a reduction in price, so I had to get an override but ended up getting cash back, so prety sweet. I've heard the "official" rule is that there's a hierarchy where you first get cash back, then gift cards, then RZ points. I don't know how that's triggered, etc. Your best bet would be to use the RZ Certs on something you don't plan on returning/PMing etc so you can get rid of them.

RZ Certificates do NOT affect price matching. They are as good as cash/gift card in the eyes of Best Buy. They act as a coupon to an extent, but because you have to spend money or buy items to get them it will not work against a price match. On a receipt it clearly shows you used a RZ certificate. If any store denies a price match due to you using a certificate they are making stuff up.

[quote name='Vigilante']I argue that this is the #1 reason you should get a Pitch-In Card to consolidate all of your gift card credit. That way you have it all in one place and if/when you PM, you know that the difference will go right back on that card.[/QUOTE]

They use to give me one of these cards every time I traded in games. After I used them, I just threw them away. I never bothered to actually read what the difference was between it and a standard GC. They don't give these to me anymore and they just add the amount on whatever gift card happens to be at their register. My wallet is getting so fat with all the separate GCs, so I need to look into this.

When you trade-in games, do you tell them to just add it to your Pitch-In card (like GS's Powerup Card)? With all the screw-ups other people seem to experience with BB, I'd be kinda nervous to do it that way and not get credited the correct amount.

[quote name='barrit']They use to give me one of these cards every time I traded in games. After I used them, I just threw them away. I never bothered to actually read what the difference was between it and a standard GC. They don't give these to me anymore and they just add the amount on whatever gift card happens to be at their register. My wallet is getting so fat with all the separate GCs, so I need to look into this.

When you trade-in games, do you tell them to just add it to your Pitch-In card (like GS's Powerup Card)? With all the screw-ups other people seem to experience with BB, I'd be kinda nervous to do it that way and not get credited the correct amount.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't work like that. They still have to put it on a normal gift card. But once you get home you can add it to your own pitch-in card. The added bonus is you also earn RZ points for that.

So let's say you trade in $100 (pre-bonus) worth of games. You'll get 200 points for the trade in and 100 points for the pitch in contribution, so 300 points total. So just to take it one step further, if the 100% is going on and you are GCU you would get $210 in credit and 310 points ($5 and 60 points left over), so free $5.

Plus I think the trade in counts toward premiere silver and so does the pitch-in contribution. So you just got $200 toward premiere silver as well.

[quote name='barrit']They use to give me one of these cards every time I traded in games. After I used them, I just threw them away. I never bothered to actually read what the difference was between it and a standard GC. They don't give these to me anymore and they just add the amount on whatever gift card happens to be at their register. My wallet is getting so fat with all the separate GCs, so I need to look into this.

When you trade-in games, do you tell them to just add it to your Pitch-In card (like GS's Powerup Card)? With all the screw-ups other people seem to experience with BB, I'd be kinda nervous to do it that way and not get credited the correct amount.[/QUOTE]Saix_XIII has it right:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']No it doesn't work like that. They still have to put it on a normal gift card. But once you get home you can add it to your own pitch-in card. The added bonus is you also earn RZ points for that.

So let's say you trade in $100 (pre-bonus) worth of games. You'll get 200 points for the trade in and 100 points for the pitch in contribution, so 300 points total. So just to take it one step further, if the 100% is going on and you are GCU you would get $210 in credit and 310 points ($5 and 60 points left over), so free $5.

Plus I think the trade in counts toward premiere silver and so does the pitch-in contribution. So you just got $200 toward premiere silver as well.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, you can't get the Pitch-In Card in-store anymore; you're restricted to requesting one online at Bestbuy.com to be mailed to you.

Thanks for the info guys. I had no idea. I don't know how many of those cards I threw in the trash and how many points I probably missed out on from giftcards I have already used. I just ordered one though. I'll get it 7-10 days.

Can I put my reward zone certs on the pitch-in card also? Like a $20 certificate on the card to add to whatever else is on it? I have the page to request a card open in another tab right now lol.

[quote name='Finch106']Can I put my reward zone certs on the pitch-in card also? Like a $20 certificate on the card to add to whatever else is on it? I have the page to request a card open in another tab right now lol.[/QUOTE]

As far as I am aware you cannot. But to add a follow-up question, can you use a reward certificate to buy a Best Buy gift card? IF that works then you can add said gift card to your pitch-in card.

[quote name='Havok83']Ive never even heard of a pitch in card before and I do tons of trading in at BB[/QUOTE]

Most employees do not share information you don't specifically ask about.

[quote name='Evolved']What a joke, it's only one guy. Cash grab on his part.[/QUOTE]

Its blatantly a cash grab

But the 9th circus Court of appeals is the most liberal douchebag federal court on the planet and It was just another way for them to stick it to a major corporate entity, which they love doing

so if I pre-order Halo 4 at Best Buy and I show up at midnight and they have the LE available would I be able to pay the difference or get my pre-order transferred to the LE and still get the $20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back