Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']They don't match internet retailers, so that would be your hassle.[/QUOTE]

Well they do, it's just whether or not you get someone that doesn't point out that games aren't specifically listed in the updated policy.

[quote name='Pookymeister']They don't match internet retailers, so that would be your hassle.[/QUOTE]

Well I also tried to get KMart. But she said it was out of stock at every one around me (which isn't true.)

To help out those that didn't get a preorder code. I know they can still add the preorder code to your order even if you didn't preorder. The lady that works my bestbuy was still able to apply the preorder sku today when I got my coin. Code printed out on the receipt. The problem is getting someone who knows how to do it. She also price matched targets buy2 1free but that's on the manager.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Too help out those that didn't get a code. I know they can still add the preorder code to your order even if you didn't preorder. The lady that works my bestbuy was still able to apply the preorder sku today when I got my coin. Code printed out on the receipt. The problem is getting someone who knows how to do it. She also price matched targets buy2 1free but that's on the manager.[/QUOTE]

They do have an option (happened when I picked up another copy of Dishonored), although they wanted $5 for it.

[quote name='aircobra']They do have an option (happened when I picked up another copy of Dishonored), although they wanted $5 for it.[/QUOTE]

I saw that as she was ringing me up, she was able to remove the $5 though.

Looking at my receipt. Under the game it shows :
preorder bonus 360 assassins. 0.00 N*
5.00 pack disc

Was able to price match neweggs price of $47.99 over the phone. Such an awesome game for 28 bucks, thank you CAG, you guys have saved me so much money ever since I joined

[quote name='Youngnoble']To help out those that didn't get a preorder code. I know they can still add the preorder code to your order even if you didn't preorder. The lady that works my bestbuy was still able to apply the preorder sku today when I got my coin. Code printed out on the receipt. The problem is getting someone who knows how to do it. She also price matched targets buy2 1free but that's on the manager.[/QUOTE]

Darnit. I already picked up my game and opened it. I was hoping to get some free preorder dlc. Anyone not care or have a extra for 360 wanna be a pal and give mea code. I have 100msp for your trouble

Do you think Kyle at BBY asks management everyday to write a dam program that automatically adds the code to all pre-orders? Or maybe he likes the job security. :)

[quote name='linkbear']Wow Best Buy CS is a journey I'd like to never have to experience again. Lot of hassle to PM. Told me newegg was not a real site, and we don't price match them.[/QUOTE]

That's because they weren't supposed to PM them.

Any item that includes a coupon is outside PM policy. Likeliest the preorder deal didn't have stock when the deal was live.

Also not all stores are participating in the online sites PMing.

So while although they were incorrect on the reason, they shouldn't have PMed.

[quote name='aircobra']They do have an option (happened when I picked up another copy of Dishonored), although they wanted $5 for it.[/QUOTE]

It packages out to $0 automatically when the game is also added. I always buy extra codes when they're worth more than $20 on ebay.

The new system they will have in place soon should end all this. You will preorder any amount you want (at least $5), and then you just go to CS to pay the remaining balance plus tax. There won't be any more exchange/return nonsense. It will be a new type of transaction. Now they just need to get the physical preorder bonus items under control.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Do you think Kyle at BBY asks management everyday to write a dam program that automatically adds the code to all pre-orders? Or maybe he likes the job security. :)[/QUOTE]

lol. I talk to him once in a while. They actually report a lot on how things could become better. From what I understand he was part of the original people to suggest a change to printing it on the receipt.

Likewise I'm pretty sure he helped report on how to change the games download process. Which vastly needed it

But yes he is basically fixing the problems he is hired for... Makes you wonder on HOW good of a job you would want to do.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']That's because they weren't supposed to PM them.

Any item that includes a coupon is outside PM policy. Likeliest the preorder deal didn't have stock when the deal was live.

Also not all stores are participating in the online sites PMing.

So while although they were incorrect on the reason, they shouldn't have PMed.[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying. I was just taken aback by the immediate dismissal of newegg as a fake site, and then my struggles to simply match K-mart. I knew newegg was more of a longshot, that's why I had a back up plan. And that took lots of pulling teeth to get done. Saying newegg was fake immediately was just so inflammatory that I had to post it. And this was a call to 888 best buy, not in store.

[quote name='linkbear']I get what you are saying. I was just taken aback by the immediate dismissal of newegg as a fake site, and then my struggles to simply match K-mart. I knew newegg was more of a longshot, that's why I had a back up plan. And that took lots of pulling teeth to get done. Saying newegg was fake immediately was just so inflammatory that I had to post it. And this was a call to 888 best buy, not in store.[/QUOTE]

Call again later or tomorrow.

I called trying to pricematch GameStop once and the lady first told me the manager said they don't price match GS. Then she said that it wasn't on their list of stores to pricematch because Gamestop is a discount store since they sell pre-owned games lol :roll: Pretty odd thing to say considering BB sells pre-owned games too.

I called the next day and the guy helping me this time around pricematched it with no hassle whatsoever.

Oh wow!

So I barely read the little faq on the front post, and now realize my PC version of dishonored will not get me the 20 dollar promotion.

That fucking sucks. Damn.

[quote name='linkbear']I get what you are saying. I was just taken aback by the immediate dismissal of newegg as a fake site, and then my struggles to simply match K-mart. I knew newegg was more of a longshot, that's why I had a back up plan. And that took lots of pulling teeth to get done. Saying newegg was fake immediately was just so inflammatory that I had to post it. And this was a call to 888 best buy, not in store.[/QUOTE]

True. I guess I know how you feel as back when the @gamer coupons stated "taken from regular price" yet the policy changed to allow to stack with sale prices, I was told that the BBY forums weren't the "real" BBY forums.

I got on their computers navigated to BBY.com then clicked on forums and yet they STILL denied it. I just laughed.

[quote name='aircobra']Well they do, it's just whether or not you get someone that doesn't point out that games aren't specifically listed in the updated policy.[/QUOTE]

Wait video games aren't included in the new online retail policy

[quote name='JohnWayne']Wait video games aren't included in the new online retail policy[/QUOTE]

Yep only the hardware is in the official list. Software is excluded but YMMV.

Picked up my AC3 online order with in-store pickup earlier and tried to PM the Kmart price. The cashier offered to cancel the order and ring it up again but I told him not to since that would probably cost me the $20 RZ cert. He called the MOD who acted like I couldn't even get a PM since I was already getting the RZ cert. Told them just to give me the game and I would call later.

Just called 888-BEST-BUY and told them about the Newegg price. The CS rep put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and said whoever she was trying to transfer me to was behind on calls and offered me a $15 gift card (she offered a second option but I forgot what it was already...) instead of waiting to get the difference put back onto my debit card. I would rather have had the $12 put back on my card but I went ahead and took the gift card. Probably better off that way since I don't know how they would have even verified the Newegg price since I couldn't find it on their site without entering the long address Bosamba posted earlier.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yep only the hardware is in the official list. Software is excluded but YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Ahh i see, so do you think I'd be able to PM frys $325 price (if it holds up til release date) for the halo 4 console bundle?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Ahh i see, so do you think I'd be able to PM frys $325 price (if it holds up til release date) for the halo 4 console bundle?[/QUOTE]

Well frys.com is not on the list but if you have a local one then I would say yes.

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Ok so i think i have a problem, i picked up my AS3 and the cashier did not scan my rz card. He said that if i report missing points in my rz account i would be fine and still get the 20 rz cert within 30 days? Is that true and what about my DLC?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well frys.com is not on the list but if you have a local one then I would say yes.

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have one close to me, thanks for that info though. I never got to see specifically what online stores they were price matching.

Just price matched Kmart- they gave me 10 back but wouldn't take off for gift card. Oh we'll still only 32 bucks out the door for AC3 after I used 20 dollar cert

Picked up AC3 today and PMed K-Mart (I don't feel like driving down again later on to PM TRU) and the girl behind the counter said she wasn't supposed to PM Fry's anymore, but I just did it two weeks ago, so I was unsure. Got it for $49.99 and I'll be watching for another PM.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Ok so i think i have a problem, i picked up my AS3 and the cashier did not scan my rz card. He said that if i report missing points in my rz account i would be fine and still get the 20 rz cert within 30 days? Is that true and what about my DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes its true, I had to do it that way before and I got my cert in the end with no problems.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Yes its true, I had to do it that way before and I got my cert in the end with no problems.[/QUOTE]

What about the DLC? And thanks for your input!

Anyone get the DLC code for AC3 yet? Picked it up at midnight and still haven't got it, none of my friends have got one yet either

Just got a price match on my in-store pickup of AC3 from fry's. I tried K-mart at first but she was trying to say that it was 59.99 in store. I said that wasn't correct information but that fry's had it for the same price, had to wait for her to call the store but it was worth it for my $10 :D

Forgot to use my Reward Zone (I know I know) I tried to report it but it kept getting errors. They told me to just wait 24 hours to report the missing points because it might not be in their system yet or something. I did get the big bold *EXCHANGE* on the top so at least that's something. I also didn't get any DLC on the receipt and it hasn't showed up in my e-mail yet either.

[quote name='darrenaw9']What about the DLC? And thanks for your input![/QUOTE]

I got the DLC emailed to me the next day. If you don't just contact them on the forums to get your code.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Pre-order-codes-Read-b4-posting/td-p/474125

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']I wish PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was on this list.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I'm still hoping they throw in a Gift Card like they did with XCOM.

[quote name='Namerson']Forgot to use my Reward Zone (I know I know) I tried to report it but it kept getting errors. They told me to just wait 24 hours to report the missing points because it might not be in their system yet or something. I did get the big bold *EXCHANGE* on the top so at least that's something. I also didn't get any DLC on the receipt and it hasn't showed up in my e-mail yet either.[/QUOTE]

It took me 1 day to get mine in the email. Give it up to 2 days I'd say. Also, what does the EXCHANGE mean? It must not be bad given how you state it and that it was on a previous preorder of mine that I didn't price match at all.

does anyone else have a code for xbox that won't be redeemed? it says the code should be 25 characters but mine is 19

[quote name='sninh']does anyone else have a code for xbox that won't be redeemed? it says the code should be 25 characters but mine is 19[/QUOTE]

That means the code is redeemed through the UPlay system within the game.

[quote name='KENFL0']Anyone get the DLC code for AC3 yet? Picked it up at midnight and still haven't got it, none of my friends have got one yet either[/QUOTE]

Did you purchase online for instore pickup? Or did you preorder in store?

[quote name='sninh']does anyone else have a code for xbox that won't be redeemed? it says the code should be 25 characters but mine is 19[/QUOTE]

Redeem in game, not XBL.

It's an in game code, that's the correct number

Mine is 19 too, but the email says its supposed to be redeemable in game. Have you tried that?

Edit: Ninja'd. X4

I'm waiting for the TRU PM this Friday. Otherwise Fry's PM is my backup if they deny the TRU doorbuster. They're not supposed to PM the Kmart coupon.

Couldn't even pick up my copy of AC3 today. Apparently my Best Buy's entire pre-order system was knocked out by Sandy so the guy said he could only just sell the game but couldn't pull up any pre-orders but I wouldn't get my pre-order bonuses that way so I'll have to go back tomorrow.

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm waiting for the TRU PM this Friday. Otherwise Fry's PM is my backup if they deny the TRU doorbuster. They're not supposed to PM the Kmart coupon.[/QUOTE]You could PM the Newegg $47.99 price that's active right now.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Did you purchase online for instore pickup? Or did you preorder in store?[/QUOTE]

Preordered in store

[quote name='Vigilante']You could PM the Newegg $47.99 price that's active right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I don't want to chance the whole fine print issue about the gaming software exclusion from the online PM list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back