Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vashtheowner']I got a reward zone silver packet in the mail yesterday and inside it gave a $5 reward cert if you logged into your account. That is probably what that is from, unless you aren't silver. Also it says you have to use the cert between 11/8 and 12/24[/QUOTE]

Whaa!??? I got my silver card in the mail and there wern't any coupons or link for rz certs or anyt type of bonus.

[quote name='slowdive21']Whaa!??? I got my silver card in the mail and there wern't any coupons or link for rz certs or anyt type of bonus.[/QUOTE]

That's different. There are likely two things in play here:

1. Welcome packet. This contains the b2g1 under $40 coupon, 50% off strategy guide, 10% off downloads and something else..forgot what the 4th coupon is for. This is sent out for new members as far as I can tell. I renewed at the end of August and have not received another set of coupons to renewing.

2. The "holiday" silver packet or whatever it's called. I got one yesterday also. It had the aforementioned $5 if you log in "card" along with a 3x points coupon card.

[quote name='slowdive21']Whaa!??? I got my silver card in the mail and there wern't any coupons or link for rz certs or anyt type of bonus.[/QUOTE]

its not a packet. Its just one of those holiday pamphlets that companies send out. Like others have mentioned, it says that youll have $5 to use from november 8? . It also has one of those 3x rewards zone paper cutout cards.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Just to confirm but the 20 rz cert works with collectors edition? Would be in for GOW Ascension CE then. Any chance this CE will be limited?[/QUOTE]

CE's and LE's will be included in the promotion for the applicable platforms, so on this one clearly only PS3.

Hard to say on your other question. I'd recommend checking the regular BBY.com site weekly to see if a CE/LE gets added for the game. If it does, it qualifies.

[quote name='mpaullin']I am just now noticing the updated list of titles for 2013. With the $20 certificate and price match opportunities, it doesn't make sense to stop. Are they advertising this in store already? I am tempted to put in my preorders now to get it out of the way (I want like 9 of those games, lol), but I am thinking I should wait until some of the preorder goodies come in.[/QUOTE]They won't have booklets & kiosk updates till this part is over to avoid confusion.

[quote name='KanYozakura']So if I signed up for GCU at the end of September and still haven't received my October @Gamer or my welcome packet, who do I call?[/QUOTE]

Takes 4-6 weeks to get your first issue so it is likely your first issue will be the November issue or possibly December. You can go to www.atgamermagazine.com, click on the Customer Service link and that will take you to where you can find out more detail on what issue you will be getting first/next.

The welcome packet gets mailed out monthly. So I'd say expect that in the next few weeks.

For anyone who signed up starting on 10/22, you'll start getting your welcome packet of offers emailed to you within 24 hours of signing up. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS!!

[quote name='ithebigc']So....the old list can't even be found on the Reward Zone website anymore, which is really problematic for CoD: Black Ops 2. I know we've gone over this many times of how we should still get the $20, but I foresee problems when none of us get it and we all have to go complain to CS, but have no proof to point them at, no list, and the actual page never showed $20 either.

On the other hand, really nice list for 2013! Tomb Raider and The Last of Us shall be mine! I hope they get pre-order steelbooks, haha.[/QUOTE]

1 MILLION PERCENT CERTAIN Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is part of this promo! Just a mistake in updating the site with the new titles where the old titles were accidentally dropped off. Should see an update soon that will have it back on there.

[quote name='dc delta90']Takes 4-6 weeks to get your first issue so it is likely your first issue will be the November issue or possibly December. You can go to www.atgamermagazine.com, click on the Customer Service link and that will take you to where you can find out more detail on what issue you will be getting first/next.

The welcome packet gets mailed out monthly. So I'd say expect that in the next few weeks.

For anyone who signed up starting on 10/22, you'll start getting your welcome packet of offers emailed to you within 24 hours of signing up. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS!![/QUOTE]

Man, I knew I should've waited to sign up. Really wish they'd do the coupons digitally. :wall: Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You don't get the DLC till you pick the game up....[/QUOTE]

Picked it up, no code, no DLC, only thing to print was the receipt I had to sign to say I picked my game up. Still no email either. I asked the lady and she said the DLC code should be emailed to people who pre-ordered for in store pick up.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Man, I knew I should've waited to sign up. Really wish they'd do the coupons digitally. :wall: Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

If you signed up for the digital version of the magazine, they are delivered digitally. You can go to that same website and CS link and change from print magazine sub to digital magazine sub.

Digital subscribers get an email, usually on the on-sale date of the magazine (usually the first Sunday of the month). There is a link to get to your content (the magazine) which is available via browswer, iPad or Android. And then there is another link in the email to get your coupons digitally.

Hope that helps.

I believe the same thing that happened to me, is what also happened to CollegeGamer. Thea cashier that rung me up at he pick up line, forgot to put in the SKU for the dlc. Worst case scenario I will be putting in he request to link that many members have gone to. Just got to look back and find which link it is.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Picked it up, no code, no DLC, only thing to print was the receipt I had to sign to say I picked my game up. Still no email either. I asked the lady and she said the DLC code should be emailed to people who pre-ordered for in store pick up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dc delta90']If you signed up for the digital version of the magazine, they are delivered digitally. You can go to that same website and CS link and change from print magazine sub to digital magazine sub.

Digital subscribers get an email, usually on the on-sale date of the magazine (usually the first Sunday of the month). There is a link to get to your content (the magazine) which is available via browswer, iPad or Android. And then there is another link in the email to get your coupons digitally.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, but for some reason I can't log in to the @Gamer site. I don't know what my subscriber # is since I haven't had a mag mailed to me yet, and for some reason the password recovery option says it emailed my correct email address but I never receive the reset link. I tried my GCU member # and last name but that didn't work either.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Picked it up, no code, no DLC, only thing to print was the receipt I had to sign to say I picked my game up. Still no email either. I asked the lady and she said the DLC code should be emailed to people who pre-ordered for in store pick up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I believe the same thing that happened to me, is what also happened to CollegeGamer. Thea cashier that rung me up at he pick up line, forgot to put in the SKU for the dlc. Worst case scenario I will be putting in he request to link that many members have gone to. Just got to look back and find which link it is.[/QUOTE]

This. The employee messed up. Every single game I picked up at Best Buy (Borderlands 2, RE6, Dishonored, and AC3) all had the DLC on the receipt because the employee know what they were doing.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I believe the same thing that happened to me, is what also happened to CollegeGamer. Thea cashier that rung me up at he pick up line, forgot to put in the SKU for the dlc. Worst case scenario I will be putting in he request to link that many members have gone to. Just got to look back and find which link it is.[/QUOTE]

When you pick up an online order there's nothing the cashier "rings up". Be patient, you'll get your code.

[quote name='Evolved']Anybody get this in their RZ account and know what it is?

"10/31/2012 Issued Certs Holiday Exclusive Reward Zone Certificate"

The weird things is I don't see a cert anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Same thing going on in my account. Seems pretty likely that we will be getting a $5 cert in the mail based on what the other guy said. I love Best Buy for stuff like this.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This. The employee messed up. Every single game I picked up at Best Buy (Borderlands 2, RE6, Dishonored, and AC3) all had the DLC on the receipt because the employee know what they were doing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Every single game I've picked up from Best Buy had my preorder bonus emailed to me within a few days, maybe a week (but never on the receipt). So obviously it works both ways. The question is what distinguishes who gets emailed codes and who has them printed on receipts.

Well Kyden call the odds 1000 to 1 but that's what happened. I am not worried. This has just been my first unfortunate incident. Learned my lesson. Will never order online again. Il stick to preordering in store.
[quote name='Kyden139']When you pick up an online order there's nothing the cashier "rings up". Be patient, you'll get your code.[/QUOTE]

did you order the xbox 360 version online? I think it stopped bundling the dlc before it was supposed to.

the last times I preordered in store my dlc codes were printed on receipt, This first time preordering online, I was explained I would get it through email. So I don't know?

[quote name='mpaullin']I don't think so. Every single game I've picked up from Best Buy had my preorder bonus emailed to me within a few days, maybe a week (but never on the receipt). So obviously it works both ways. The question is what distinguishes who gets emailed codes and who has them printed on receipts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mpaullin']I don't think so. Every single game I've picked up from Best Buy had my preorder bonus emailed to me within a few days, maybe a week (but never on the receipt). So obviously it works both ways. The question is what distinguishes who gets emailed codes and who has them printed on receipts.[/QUOTE]

On their website it says the employee is supposed to print out the DLC code on the receipt and email it to you. It's just a matter of if the employee you get knows this. I always just ask them and if they say they can't do that I just tell them it says on their website and they'll either figure out themselves or get a manager to do it

this is the 2nd CSR that told me they won't price match AC3

I pre ordered for in store pick up, so they shipped the steel case to me. in their system I got a "promotional item" valued at $50, so they won't price match, grrr.

Sometimes the DLC takes awhile to be emailed after pickup. I preordered online for all of 2012 and haven't had any DLC issues.

[quote name='perfectsil']this is the 2nd CSR that told me they won't price match AC3

I pre ordered for in store pick up, so they shipped the steel case to me. in their system I got a "promotional item" valued at $50, so they won't price match, grrr.[/QUOTE]

Technically the CS rep was following their policy correctly.

[quote name='Donut2922']Technically the CS rep was following their policy correctly.[/QUOTE]

so how are other people getting their pm? should I try calling again?

Question.

I went in today to preorder BLOPS 2, turns out that they "reached their max" a few days ago and are no longer taking preorders. If I were to purchase it in store the day of release, or even preorder it online, would I get the $20 coupon?

Basically me buying the game rides of whether or not I can still get the $20 coupon.

EDIT: Two more questions, what is the latest I can preorder BLOPS2 on Bestbuy.com? Also, they don't do release day shipping, do they?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='philliesfan']I don't see any dlc codes on my receipt either. I preordered and picked up in store.[/QUOTE]

if you ordered in store, the dlc is on the receipt

if you ordered online, including in store pick up, dlc is from email

[quote name='perfectsil']so how are other people getting their pm? should I try calling again?[/QUOTE]

I would try one more time since others have had success, maybe you might get lucky. This is also why I prefer to pre-order in store since price matching over the phone can be problematic at times.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Just to confirm but the 20 rz cert works with collectors edition? Would be in for GOW Ascension CE then. Any chance this CE will be limited?[/QUOTE]

If it follows suit then its a yes:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

"Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion."

Was also this way for the 5/100 last year. All editions were always a yes, even consoles

[quote name='JohnWayne']On their website it says the employee is supposed to print out the DLC code on the receipt and email it to you. It's just a matter of if the employee you get knows this. I always just ask them and if they say they can't do that I just tell them it says on their website and they'll either figure out themselves or get a manager to do it[/QUOTE]

That's only if you preorder in store.

If you preorder online for instore pickup then it is the same as if you had it delivered. Meaning it shouldn't be on receipt and should be emailed.

[quote name='Evolved']Anybody get this in their RZ account and know what it is?

"10/31/2012 Issued Certs Holiday Exclusive Reward Zone Certificate"

The weird things is I don't see a cert anywhere.[/QUOTE]

It's a random holiday present. They give away a certain amount per week until Christmas.

And when I say random, it really is random. 8+ year silver members complain because they haven't gotten one.

[quote name='perfectsil']this is the 2nd CSR that told me they won't price match AC3

I pre ordered for in store pick up, so they shipped the steel case to me. in their system I got a "promotional item" valued at $50, so they won't price match, grrr.[/QUOTE]

if this is going to be their policy I don't want any such "promotion item" in the future, I rather pm

[quote name='Jimmienoman']That's only if you preorder in store.

If you preorder online for instore pickup then it is the same as if you had it delivered. Meaning it shouldn't be on receipt and should be emailed.[/QUOTE]

I preordered in store and picked up in store. No dlc at all. I checked twice.

[quote name='philliesfan']I preordered in store and picked up in store. No dlc at all. I checked twice.[/QUOTE]
lol sucks for you. I did the same thing and got the preorder on my receipt and in my email pretty much instantly

I just got my preorder DLC code for Assassin's Creed 3! I didn't have it printed on my receipt, but like before I just waited 1-2 days and got it. Hopefully more of you guys that are waiting on it receive it too.

[quote name='koruwa']lol sucks for you. I did the same thing and got the preorder on my receipt and in my email pretty much instantly[/QUOTE]

Thank you. your response was extra helpful.

[quote name='philliesfan']I preordered in store and picked up in store. No dlc at all. I checked twice.[/QUOTE]

As a heads up the Wednesday to Friday before a major release Kyle posts on the BBY forums on what SKU should be added to the receipt to get the proper DLC.

His posts are on these boards here:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/bd-p/Gaming-Support

And his post on AC3 is here:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Assassin-s-Creed-III-Preorder-Codes-amp-Offers/td-p/602434

For stores that don't know how to do preorders properly, this helps immensely as you can tell them to type in the SKU and it automatically deducts.

It also strictly states which games are in case and which ones should print on the receipt.

If you haven't already, follow the instructions in this post to get your code:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Pre-order-codes-Read-b4-posting/td-p/474125

not bad, preordered AC3 earlier this month. picked it up yesterday around 3:00 PM and i just got the DLC code emailed to me a couple minutes ago. the DLC code didn't print out on the receipt.

Picked up my :ps3: preorder today. I was initially worried that something would go wrong because the CS employee said he was new, but I politely asked if he'd processed reserved games before and he said "yeah, I was trained on it yesterday". The preorder DLC code printed on the receipt and I also got an email with the same code.

Sure enough, it says "Exchange" at the top of my receipt, so I await the 1000 points. :)

[quote name='splattered']AC3 shows up in my transactions but doesnt have any pending points AT ALL... weird[/QUOTE]

Same here, I called cs and they issued me a $20 rewardzone certificate. She said since I pre ordered online I had to call them as soon as I received the game so they can issue me my certificate. Wow, I didn't argue since she issued the certificate on the spot.

[quote name='Lazer77']Question.

I went in today to preorder BLOPS 2, turns out that they "reached their max" a few days ago and are no longer taking preorders. If I were to purchase it in store the day of release, or even preorder it online, would I get the $20 coupon?

Basically me buying the game rides of whether or not I can still get the $20 coupon.

EDIT: Two more questions, what is the latest I can preorder BLOPS2 on Bestbuy.com? Also, they don't do release day shipping, do they?[/QUOTE]

you can preorder for shipping until monday night i know the latest i've done a preorder and did for shipping was 9 pm eastern on a monday still had 1000 points post in RZ account. For Store Pickup the lastest you can order if still avaiable at the store you wanna pick up it is around 4 pm that sunday for a tuesday pickup.

[quote name='ger2396']Same here, I called cs and they issued me a $20 rewardzone certificate. She said since I pre ordered online I had to call them as soon as I received the game so they can issue me my certificate. Wow, I didn't argue since she issued the certificate on the spot.[/QUOTE]

No it takes 4-5 days to go pending and 30 days to post.

God damn game just came out yesterday and people going ape shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back