Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
So hey guys i have a question, I pre ordered AC3 last week, if i were to get premium silver status in the next few days, will i have 60 days to pm or just 30? Also Fifa which i bought last month, that one should just be 30 days correct? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Sizu']I pre ordered AC3 during the time BB had the steel books available. I didn't have a Gamers Unlocked membership at that time and it was long before this promo started. Will I still qualify for the $20 credit or do I have to cancel and pre order it once again?[/QUOTE]

You're fine as long as your reward zone account is tied to the transaction when you go pick up the games

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You can try going to your local Best Buy, having them call the other store, verifying you are you, that store refunds the $5 to a gift card, and then the other store uses that $5 to pre-order it. They may be willing to do that, but that's up to the store.

Slightly off topic. I just checked my RZ account to see if any of my 1000 points cleared and I noticed that none of the purchases I made in the last month got the 25% premiere silver bonus. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen? I called the RZ and they agree it's wrong, and gave me 250 points as an apology and forwarded it to the back-end (or something) department to give me the points I am missing.[/QUOTE]

No.. all you need to do is give your info to customer service at the BB you want to change your pre-orders to and they can pull up your receipts if you dont have them... That's what I did with 5 of my pre-orders cause the BB i had pre-ordered them from the beginning, fails.. They will cancel reimburse you and then you pre-order them there. Simple as that.

[quote name='Sizu']I pre ordered AC3 during the time BB had the steel books available. I didn't have a Gamers Unlocked membership at that time and it was long before this promo started. Will I still qualify for the $20 credit or do I have to cancel and pre order it once again?[/QUOTE]

Yes just cancel and pre-order.. And as far as the steelbook... since all BB stores are out of them you can pre-order online (Of course PAY FULL PRICE) and you will receive your steelbook in the mail... AWW YEAAHH

[quote name='Gscept']Yes just cancel and pre-order.. And as far as the steelbook... since all BB stores are out of them you can pre-order online (Of course PAY FULL PRICE) and you will receive your steelbook in the mail... AWW YEAAHH[/QUOTE]

Soon you will be able to put down any amount you want on a pre-order in-store. I think by the end of this month/beginning of next

[quote name='Gscept']No.. all you need to do is give your info to customer service at the BB you want to change your pre-orders to and they can pull up your receipts if you dont have them... That's what I did with 5 of my pre-orders cause the BB i had pre-ordered them from the beginning, fails.. They will cancel reimburse you and then you pre-order them there. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

So they can refund my money? Cause I'm not trying to preorder anything else, I just want to cancel my preorder and get a refund because I ended up preordering it online for in store pick up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
Slightly off topic. I just checked my RZ account to see if any of my 1000 points cleared and I noticed that none of the purchases I made in the last month got the 25% premiere silver bonus. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen? I called the RZ and they agree it's wrong, and gave me 250 points as an apology and forwarded it to the back-end (or something) department to give me the points I am missing.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing on my account. I've been meaning to call and get this fixed, did you just call the silver line? I became silver last month, hoping for a good call-in experience.

So I called the support line right now and they told me their systems were down and couldn't pull up Reward Zone info. I was wondering if this was standard at nights or I just got a lazy employee since she sounded like she gave zero fucks lol. I know their website says 24-7 but I'm not sure if they can only access reward zone info at certain times. So far this is the second attempt at trying to get my $20 bonus from RE6. The first time the guy said it would appear within 2 days, it's been more than a week. As long as they come within the 30 days it's good but the first rep did say there was a problem with them.

[quote name='Sizu']I'm getting two different answers, but it seems canceling and placing another pre-order is the safe route.[/QUOTE]
The terms state that you have to be unlocked at the time you pickup your pre-order. The only requirement at time of pre-order is that you have your RZ# attached to it. If you want to play it safe, you could ask for a refund on your $5 deposit and pre-order again after.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I wonder what will drop in price faster..MOH or BO2. I'm getting both, but one at GS and the other at BB.[/QUOTE]
MOH should be $30 at Walmart on BF, while BO2 should be either $44 or $42 at Target the week after Xmas.

[quote name='Rockinjs']I haven't been getting the silver bonus for loading onto my pitch in card but I did for my trade ins should I get them for both?[/QUOTE]
It's been counting for me.

[quote name='cgxcswim']Well my normal points for RE6 Anthology cleared but no 1000 bonus points. Dishonored 1000 points are at least pending.[/QUOTE]

Interesting because my Resident Evil 6 points cleared this morning, including the 1,000 points pre-order bonus. Just in time for ACIII. Woot! :bouncy:

[quote name='icewolf74']Interesting because my Resident Evil 6 points cleared this morning, including the 1,000 points pre-order bonus. Just in time for ACIII. Woot! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Regular or CE? Still no pending points for me with Anthology. I'm going to wait 30 days then I'll bitch to customer service.

[quote name='icewolf74']Interesting because my Resident Evil 6 points cleared this morning, including the 1,000 points pre-order bonus. Just in time for ACIII. Woot! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Did you get the Anthology? If not then that is why you got the bonus points since it seems everyone who bought the Anthology is getting screwed out of their points.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Regular or CE? Still no pending points for me with Anthology. I'm going to wait 30 days then I'll bitch to customer service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was the regular version that I purchased. I also preordered and purchased the game in-store too.

[quote name='icewolf74']Yeah, it was the regular version that I purchased. I also preordered and purchased the game in-store too.[/QUOTE]

Regular edition is fine, but anybody got Anthology or Archives got screwed so far.

Just talked to Ocelot in CS (awesome name by the way). After speaking with his supervisor, he told me nobody has or lIkely will get the points without calling them for RE anthology. He pushed my 1000 points through so just a heads up for everyone.

So I saw a glimpse in an eaelier post of how to maximize the 10$ of 29.99 used game in this months coupons, with the B2G1 free used instore promotion. Is it a simple matter of 1 of the 3 games has it's price reduced by 10$ or something a little more creative ?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Regular edition is fine, but anybody got Anthology or Archives got screwed so far.[/QUOTE]

The Anthology and Archives issue will be fixed very soon. Hold tight...

[quote name='dc delta90']The Anthology and Archives issue will be fixed very soon. Hold tight...[/QUOTE]

According to whom? Are you a Best Buy employee?

Is it safe to use a $20 reward zone on a game that will likely be price matched? Considering using my $20 from BL2 on AC3, but it's going to drop within 30 days (TRU $48) so not sure if that effects price adjustments?

[quote name='Foladar']Is it safe to use a $20 reward zone on a game that will likely be price matched? Considering using my $20 from BL2 on AC3, but it's going to drop within 30 days (TRU $48) so not sure if that effects price adjustments?[/QUOTE]

I've price matched multiple games that I have used rz certs to pay for.

[quote name='Foladar']Is it safe to use a $20 reward zone on a game that will likely be price matched? Considering using my $20 from BL2 on AC3, but it's going to drop within 30 days (TRU $48) so not sure if that effects price adjustments?[/QUOTE]

No. and Noooo, and then Nooooooo

Those things actually lower the price of the item, so it looks like the item was already 20$ less than retail.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I've price matched multiple games that I have used rz certs to pay for.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I assume to make this work they have to reverse the entire transaction including the certs, and then reapply the cert once the new price has been used. I had no idea this worked.

[quote name='dc delta90']The Anthology and Archives issue will be fixed very soon. Hold tight...[/QUOTE]

As long as its fixed before Black Ops 2 release I'm fine, but losing hope day by day.

Anyone know if there will be a deal on 2k13 soon? This best buy deal has been awesome so far! Already have $80 in credit and have successfully price match all of my games except 2k13.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Still no PM opportunities for BL2? Tomorrow is my last day since I'm not at silver status[/QUOTE]

Well it's not on sale anywhere, so you're out of luck.

How can you tell what points are pending? I see Dishonored on my recent purchases but nothing about points pending.

[quote name='stoned99']Hmm, I assume to make this work they have to reverse the entire transaction including the certs, and then reapply the cert once the new price has been used. I had no idea this worked.[/QUOTE]
The way it has happened with me is that the points go back to my account and then turn into a certificate in about a week or two. I have to pay for the item that I'm adjusting with another form of payment than the original certificate. Ex. I just pm'd the copy of Titanic I bought for the gf, so my 20rz certificate is pending in my account and should clear soon. I had to rebuy the movie at the new price.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Want to just say checked my points and finally have my 1000 points for RE6 Archive edition pending. :)[/QUOTE]
sweet, mine also showed up. i was getting worried

[quote name='Althax']How can you tell what points are pending? I see Dishonored on my recent purchases but nothing about points pending.[/QUOTE]

when you check your rewards @ best buy rewards zone
there should be a little box in the bottom of the transaction -

total points earned with this transaction 1108
purchases ------------------------------------- 54
rzgc bonus point promo ------------------------- 54
gamers club unlocked victory -------------------- 1000 (pending)

if it does not show it means 1 of 2 things

either it hasn't been processed yet - give it atleast a week or two
or the transaction is not valid and does not qualify for the promo aka something was done wrong.

[quote name='jcp42877']My Anthology points randomly showed up on my PM "return" transaction too! Super surprised.[/QUOTE]

my points also just showed up, thought it was because I sent an inquiry to rz, but I guess they just finally fixed it.

what's weird tho is that the rest of my points from that transaction (312), already cleared

[quote name='cgxcswim']Did you get the Anthology? If not then that is why you got the bonus points since it seems everyone who bought the Anthology is getting screwed out of their points.[/QUOTE]I bought the game on 10/6 for full price @ a store that I didn't even pre-order the game from & my rz account says

Purchases 89
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 89
Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus 1000

[quote name='Gscept']Yes just cancel and pre-order.. And as far as the steelbook... since all BB stores are out of them you can pre-order online (Of course PAY FULL PRICE) and you will receive your steelbook in the mail... AWW YEAAHH[/QUOTE]Umm no been in 6 BB's(3 states) 4-5 had several of them out it's just your areas plus other stores have them too so you can pre-order elsewhere to get the steelbook & then cancel there's.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Soon you will be able to put down any amount you want on a pre-order in-store. I think by the end of this month/beginning of next[/QUOTE]You could always pay in full but looks like BB employees weren't aware.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Preorder-games-money-down-requirement/idi-p/592702

[quote name='.Virus']I still received my $20 Certificate even after returning Borderlands 2!!! :lol: SWEETNESS.[/QUOTE]

Has the return transaction of BL2 shown up on you RWZ account yet? If not then the points may be deducted once it does.

[quote name='Donut2922']Congrats. You realize there's no difference between putting a game in your backpack and walking out the door without paying right? smh.[/QUOTE]

...actually this is more of their mistake

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Has the return transaction of BL2 shown up on you RWZ account yet? If not then the points may be deducted once it does.[/QUOTE]

i already printed out the cert from the points i received today from my email, and i got my refund awhile back first week it released

[quote name='.Virus']...actually this is more of their mistake[/QUOTE]

And you knowing that and them not after the fact validates this ..... how?

[quote name='Donut2922']And you knowing that and them not after the fact validates this ..... how?[/QUOTE]

why you hatin bro!

[quote name='.Virus']why you hatin bro![/QUOTE]

lol mmmkay

This can be a reminder to those wanting to return anything soon that if they want to be THAT guy then that's on them. Long as they can't deny and know who they are. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back