Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ps3gamer35']Fraud anyway you slice it. You are buying games, returning them with an old receipt. I used to work in loss prevention that is fraud 101. Guys like you are the scum of the Earth. But I forgot on CAG we're supposed to look the other way. Hell, there were people on here during the 50/10 pickup glitch who probably got 500 dollars or more worth of free stuff because of the glitch.[/QUOTE]
Were you loss prevention at Best Buy?

Still have not gotten my points for RE6 and 2K13. As a matter of fact, I did not get my points for Dishonored either..How are you guys getting the points so fast?

[quote name='joeyshadows']Were you loss prevention at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes and before that Circuit City. Just thru college and a couple years after that before I got an actual career I was looking for.

[quote name='jcp42877']I am also curious to know this as well. So, within 60 days, say BL2 and Dishonored both have a $20 price drop to $40 on a sale.

I wait til then to go price match, thus getting $20 back per BL2, and $20 back from Dishonored...$60

How is that any different than what I plan to do Sunday? I'm just consolidating all 3 "PM's" into one transaction. Then I'm done with it...I won't be able to get any more back from each game.

So yes, I am also curious by what you mean.[/QUOTE]

You are not really consolidating any price matches. B2G1 is NOT $40/game. BBY policy clearly states no package deals are part of the price match. There may be some YMMV where a CS rep will honor it but it is not an actual price match. Personally, I do not care but I am just pointing out that what people plan to do is not an actual price match but rather a run around the system. If they let you and do not deduct your RZ points that is on them since their system continues to suck. BBY has been too good to most of us that I will just wait for a price drop on my games. If they come then great, if not then it is the game we play.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Yes and before that Circuit City. Just thru college and a couple years after that before I got an actual career I was looking for.[/QUOTE]

Whats the difference between what he is doing and a pm then?

Fraud anyway you slice it. You are buying games, returning them with an old receipt. I used to work in loss prevention that is fraud 101. Guys like you are the scum of the Earth. But I forgot on CAG we're supposed to look the other way. Hell, there were people on here during the 50/10 pickup glitch who probably got 500 dollars or more worth of free stuff because of the glitch.
You sir are an idiot. There is a reason for the 60 day return policy, there is a reason stores price match sales on items that someone purchased at a higher price. My time is a premium, and I would do the exact same thing he is doing because it will save him time. Rather than having some $7 an hour high school student fumble around trying to figure out how to PM the b2g1 free I'd rather buy the games I want and return them using receipts of items I already purchased. But hey, why should he try to get a better deal on games he purchased, he should just suck it up and be out an extra $60 :eye roll:

[quote name='sninh']Whats the difference between what he is doing and a pm then?[/QUOTE]

B2G1 is a package. BBY does not price match package deals (YMMV though). I will just reverse the situation to maybe make it easier. Anyone, who buys 3 $60 games next week will get them for $120. If in 3 weeks all 3 games drop to $40 BBY is not going to give you $40 back by price matching all 3 games. It is an either/or situation. You either take the new prices individually or you can take the B2G1 at the old prices. The issues here is not that someone wants to have either it is that they want to have BOTH. They want the $20 RZ cert from buying day 1 AND the B2G1. It is just not allowed. It is different than the price of an individual game being lowered and then price matching an individual purchase.

The difference is that he is doing two completely different transactions. A PM keys off an original transaction, allowing you to maintain things like points or promotions. He will be completely returning his original games, and unless there is a glitch in BBs system, he will definitely lose the pre-order bonus points.

I'm not 100% on the fraud argument though, because if had all six games still unopened, there wouldn't be any argument, since he would be allowed to return any of them within BBs policy. And even if he didn't, then he still has to keep one set of games and he will lose any bonuses from any previous transactions. All he is benefiting from is the current B2G1 promotion, which is completely fair to BB, they aren't losing out on anything in this case (unless a glitch allows the bonus points to remain).

Taking advantage? Definitely. Fraud? Borderline at best, though I can see how someone would see it that way.

CAG is just like watching the CW.

[quote name='sninh']Whats the difference between what he is doing and a pm then?[/QUOTE]

Because he is going outside the policy.

He is trying to get a $20 cert and a b2g1.

He has come to grips that he MAY lose 1000 RZ points, which is good. But he is still trying to get both.

The reason in the difference is;

if it was a PM to a hard price drop then he could legitimately get the games for $40 + retain the 1000 RZ points.

Since it is a B2G1 it has to be a return rebuy. This means he SHOULD lose the 1000 RZ points.

The only problem I have is that he is going with a "well if BBY doesn't take my points then its their problem". Well I'm not going to make a ruckus about this as I can see both sides. I just hate going outside the parameters to a company that is trying hard to make AMAZING deals. Basically I don't want BBY to get anymore strict then they are to prevent people from doing things like this.

Also hate to give BBY any reason to not offer these deals anymore.

Very well put Jimmie.

I indeed have come to terms that I may lose my $20 cert from Dishonored, and in all honesty, I hope they do keep it.

Even without that, I still have more than enough in certs already on my account, and I'll be getting the $60ish back from the return, whether in the form of credit or cash, either is fine with me.

Given how I paid for the original games, ill be refunded back almost what I paid in cash for the NEW copies, and about $90 back in gift cards, so I'm for however the situation swings.

I don't want to lose my rz points even though I already used them, but I did want to use my BL2 or Dishonored purchases towards the b2g1. If it comes down to it I suppose I could always pick up another game with it and still get one free. I was trying to find out about how the rz points would work with the exchange, but I was hung up on while on hold.

[quote name='.Virus']even if i end up in negative... i still got my $20? and im not bragging i was just stating how awesome it was. I bet if it happened to anyone else they'd feel the same way! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I returned an extra copy of BL2 and the points stayed and cleared today. However due to BBY's incompetence, these are my actual 1000 points so I'll be keeping it and using it. BBY's incompetence will be their downfall and if they really gave a crap, they have the means to fix it.

I already pre-ordered Halo 4, but I'm not an unlocked member yet. If I join before I pick the game up will I still get the $20 pre-order promo or should I cancel my pre-order and start a new pre-order? Thanks guys!

[quote name='therza2169']I already pre-ordered Halo 4, but I'm not an unlocked member yet. If I join before I pick the game up will I still get the $20 pre-order promo or should I cancel my pre-order and start a new pre-order? Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

As long as you're unlocked by release date you should be fine.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Because he is going outside the policy.

He has come to grips that he MAY lose 1000 RZ points, which is good. But he is still trying to get both.

if it was a PM to a hard price drop then he could legitimately get the games for $40 + retain the 1000 RZ points.

Since it is a B2G1 it has to be a return rebuy. This means he SHOULD lose the 1000 RZ points.

The only problem I have is that he is going with a "well if BBY doesn't take my points then its their problem". Well I'm not going to make a ruckus about this as I can see both sides. I just hate going outside the parameters to a company that is trying hard to make AMAZING deals. Basically I don't want BBY to get anymore strict then they are to prevent people from doing things like this.

Also hate to give BBY any reason to not offer these deals anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well said. BB is good to me so I'm waiting it on on the PM's instead of the whole B2G1 ruckus.

Stopped by BB today and my gaming cashier told me they dont have any preorders for Medal of Honor in-store at least. Yikes. This game is gonna bomb.

I've been debating pre-ordering Halo 4 for a while. I have no problems paying $60 for it, but I'm still heavily playing Borderlands 2 at the moment. Anyway, I JUST now realized I'd get the $20 rewards back, and sine I'm paying all in credit, I'm definitely going to do it now.

So is anyone pricematching Borderlands 2 with Frys. I forget but is the pricematch for all stores within 30 days, or only if BBY drop their price, and last question, If I bought the item online for instore pickup, can I do the price match instore, or do I have to do it online ?

[quote name='johnston306']Just got my Welcome Packet. Joined 8/21, I think it's very lame that the coupons included expire 11/3/12...[/QUOTE]

I would complain about that and at least get a fresh set that don't expire in 2 weeks.

[quote name='stoned99']So is anyone pricematching Borderlands 2 with Frys. I forget but is the pricematch for all stores within 30 days, or only if BBY drop their price, and last question, If I bought the item online for instore pickup, can I do the price match instore, or do I have to do it online ?[/QUOTE]

I'm going in later today to do so.

It's 30 days for all stores (60 for Silver members).

Online with In-Store pickup orders need to be called in.

[quote name='Donut2922']Well said. BB is good to me so I'm waiting it on on the PM's instead of the whole B2G1 ruckus.

Stopped by BB today and my gaming cashier told me they dont have any preorders for Medal of Honor in-store at least. Yikes. This game is gonna bomb.[/QUOTE]

I was checking to rent this for the SP but they are only carrying the PS3 version. Must be multiple discs. Interesting thing I see is AC:III is 2 discs on 360 and So is Halo 4.

Question, I had recently received my welcome package for GCU and noticed the B2G1 coupon for games $39.99 and below. I recently purchased Dishonored and was wondering if I could still use the coupon while buying another $59.99 game and getting DOOM 3 BFG, a $39.99 game, for free. Could I just bring in my receipt and they can do a return/rebuy to make the coupon work?

Tiried to preorder Halo 4 tonight but can't choose any stores within a 100 mile radius that I can pick it up at.... What gives???

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Tiried to preorder Halo 4 tonight but can't choose any stores within a 100 mile radius that I can pick it up at.... What gives???[/QUOTE]
They usually remove the store pick up option as it nears the release date.

[quote name='Brother Daz']They usually remove the store pick up option as it nears the release date.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I preordered Madden 3 days before it came out with no issues.

[quote name='advanced']I'm going in later today to do so.

It's 30 days for all stores (60 for Silver members).

Online with In-Store pickup orders need to be called in.[/QUOTE]

thxs price match complete

I was able to pm b2 today eventhough my receipt already said 49.99 (because I pmed the $10 GC @ TRU deal and they charge $10 for the GC and 49.99 for the game). The girl needed an override, but she had no problem giving me the $10 back for the fry's pm.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Because he is going outside the policy.

Also hate to give BBY any reason to not offer these deals anymore.[/QUOTE]
Just adding to this good post...
The more abuse of this, the more likely Best Buy will end these $20 RZ deals and go back to just selling products at MSRP. If you haven't noticed, Target doesn't do sales anymore. Walmart never did. Circuit City is R.I.P. Amazon's gaming deals are just matches anymore and they don't touch some of the stuff Best Buy does. Kmart train has derailed in flames. Best Buy has no incentive in giving us deals since their competitors really aren't doing them.

[quote name='lordopus99']Just adding to this good post...
The more abuse of this, the more likely Best Buy will end these $20 RZ deals and go back to just selling products at MSRP. If you haven't noticed, Target doesn't do sales anymore. Walmart never did. Circuit City is R.I.P. Amazon's gaming deals are just matches anymore and they don't touch some of the stuff Best Buy does. Kmart train has derailed in flames. Best Buy has no incentive in giving us deals since their competitors really aren't doing them.[/QUOTE]

This. Please everyone reread these two posts. Then read it one more time.

[quote name='Donut2922']Well said. BB is good to me so I'm waiting it on on the PM's instead of the whole B2G1 ruckus.

Stopped by BB today and my gaming cashier told me they dont have any preorders for Medal of Honor in-store at least. Yikes. This game is gonna bomb.[/QUOTE]

lol. My BB said the exact same thing and I thought that was a fluke. Wow...and I saw a prime time ad for it during one of the playoff games this week. Still no takers...

[quote name='inky1600']lol. My BB said the exact same thing and I thought that was a fluke. Wow...and I saw a prime time ad for it during one of the playoff games this week. Still no takers...[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered it hoping not many will be getting this game so retailers might drop the price of the game a little quicker for a PM. :cool: Will give the single player campaign a whirl, activate the BF4 beta pass, and trading it back in.

While I appreciate everyone's reiteration of my "explanation" post to clarify what my intentions are, I never have seen a B2G1 as simply that. To me it's always been a 3 for $40 ea. sale.

That's why when I look at the situation at hand, I see a chance to "PM" my games for $20 less, instead of double dipping 2 deals.

It's just a matter of perspective.

[quote name='jcp42877']While I appreciate everyone's reiteration of my "explanation" post to clarify what my intentions are, I never have seen a B2G1 as simply that. To me it's always been a 3 for $40 ea. sale.

That's why when I look at the situation at hand, I see a chance to "PM" my games for $20 less, instead of double dipping 2 deals.

It's just a matter of perspective.[/QUOTE]

Your receipt will say otherwise.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Your receipt will say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

While it HAS been a while since I've done a B2G1, every one I have done in the past have rung up all games at $39.99, to of course make it where someone can't return 2 games to keep one.

Why, just yesterday on this site I believe, someone posted they did a B2G1 return not too long ago at Best Buy using their receipt, and because the free game was marked $0.00, the CS rep just said to keep the game because their system had no use for it.

Is that itself not doing the same, if not more damage to the company than what I would be doing? Seems downright ignorant to mark one game as $0.00.

I might just do the b2g1 with moh, re6,and?. Then I'll run through re6 and trade it back if the value holds. So in my mind 120-20-40=60. So moh and maybe dishonored for 30 a piece. Then I can still pm bl2 and my original dishonored.

[quote name='jcp42877']While I appreciate everyone's reiteration of my "explanation" post to clarify what my intentions are, I never have seen a B2G1 as simply that. To me it's always been a 3 for $40 ea. sale.

It's just a matter of perspective.[/QUOTE]

No use in you trying to explain it or justify it. You are trying to circumvent the actual PM policy, saying that if BBY doesn't catch it then its their own fault.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, but it is what it is. Some people will give you flack because you are trying to eek out every dime no matter what the rules are.

I myself am going to try to support the company that is making amazing deals and is obviously in financial hardship. Even if that means I don't get the cheapest game. I don't expect everyone to do the same.

I presented my case and if you and others don't see validity in it then there's no use in pounding sand trying to make you see my side or come around to it.

I want to price match BL2 using Frys but i paid for the game with a trade in card from trading in games... how does PM work in this case?

***Crap, BL2 came out on 09-18 and i picked the game up on release date... i'm not a silver member is it too late to PM now?

(Either way, what's the process for getting the PM if i used a GC/TIC)

[quote name='splattered']I want to price match BL2 using Frys but i paid for the game with a trade in card from trading in games... how does PM work in this case?[/QUOTE]You used a gift card, which is like cash in terms of paying for your purchase. If you still have the card, the $10+tax difference will be placed back on the card, but if you no longer have it, let the person doing the PM know and they should give you a gift card with the value on it (if you bought BL2 in-store and are PMing in-store, as you should) or mail the gift card to your home address (if you bought it online and are PMing over the phone at 1-800-BESTBUY).

[quote name='splattered']I want to price match BL2 using Frys but i paid for the game with a trade in card from trading in games... how does PM work in this case?

***Crap, BL2 came out on 09-18 and i picked the game up on release date... i'm not a silver member is it too late to PM now?

(Either way, what's the process for getting the PM if i used a GC/TIC)[/QUOTE]

They'll just give you the $10 on a new GC.

[quote name='splattered']I want to price match BL2 using Frys but i paid for the game with a trade in card from trading in games... how does PM work in this case?[/QUOTE]
They send it back to the gift card used...if you don't have it they mail you a new GC for the price match amount. Don't know why they can't just send it by email.

Sweet, thanks guys!

I looked at the FAQs and don't see how long i have to PM.. it seems like i remember the days flip flopping since last promotion? Or maybe not?

How many days to i have to PM if i am just the GC Unlocked member and not Silver? Seems like last year was 45 days but they have since changed it around?

**Also, do you have to have the original receipt? Cause i don't think i kept it... eek.

I cant believe all the white knights on this site anymore. You do understand the concept of cheap ass gamer dont you?

That is to get the lowest price possible by any means. Good luck to all those trying to get BB to price match three games already bought with the preorder deal to get them to take 20 dollars off each game. I know thats what Im gonna try to do with BL2, Dishonored and Xcom

Get off your soap boxes, if Best Buy goes out of business I can Guarantee that it wont be because of game sales

It used to be hoarding, flipping or walmart returning that got people all riled up for christs sake, now its just getting out of hand

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I cant believe all the white knights on this site anymore. You do understand the concept of cheap ass gamer dont you?

That is to get the lowest price possible by any means. Good luck to all those trying to get BB to price match three games already bought with the preorder deal to get them to take 20 dollars off each game. I know thats what Im gonna try to do with BL2, Dishonored and Xcom

Get off your soap boxes, if Best Buy goes out of business I can Guarantee that it wont be because of game sales

It used to be hoarding, flipping or walmart returning that got people all riled up for christs sake, now its just getting out of hand[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The concept behind this site is to share deals so we can all get good deals on games while also being reasonable such that retailers that provide those bargains don't go out of business. "By any means" implies that theft and fraud would be ok. I am assuming that's not really what you mean, correct?

[quote name='bojay1997']Incorrect. The concept behind this site is to share deals so we can all get good deals on games while also being reasonable such that retailers that provide those bargains don't go out of business. "By any means" implies that theft and fraud would be ok. I am assuming that's not really what you mean, correct?[/QUOTE]

Of course I wasnt suggesting criminal acts, I was suggesting obvious loopholes and glitches and such...

As for retailers going out of business because of video games is ridiculous. A retailer could give their entire video game stock away and it wouldnt have much effect on their bottom line

Anybody who knows what their talking about knows that media like that isnt really liquid inventory, Thats why when you see clearances they practically give them away

Plus this was a debate started by a "double dipping" argument about getting two deals at once, which is hardly fraud

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back