Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
im surprised how well made the coin is made. it's like a piece of lead. away it goes along with my uncharted 3 journal and wristcuff.

i'm still dying for a n7 patch though

[quote name='skycat561']mine dosnt show the "Gamer's club victory unlocked prom: 1000" yet , but I did get the DLC code. So should I just wait to see if the 1000 Promo shows up?[/QUOTE]

Takes a week to see 1000 points pending.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Yes, like I said, I preordered the day before it came out but it was still a preorder.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was lazy.

They have a scan program that tries to detect errors in employees exchanging it wrong, but I wouldn't have counted on it.

The person I talked to most about the bby preorder gaming box is no longer a Mod, so I am unsure of their backlog. So I can't give you a estimate on that, but 2/3 games I preordered this year didn't have the pending points on my RZ account. Then at day 20 (I'm a silver member) poof they were there.

But I guess you have a right to be concerned about the points not being there before hand. But I wouldn't be overly concerned. The game that didn't have the points added automatically Mike or Kyle got straightened out for me in a couple days after 30 days.

[quote name='edson13']it takes 30-35 days[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. This is the first time I've do the $20 credit preorder from Best Buy. Was hoping to get and use it for Halo 4, but maybe Black Friday.

Alkaline joe, it turns out the cashier did change my order when I picked it up. I talked to CSR from Rewards zone and they have adjusted it. I wish I got my dlc but oh we'll. In any case I am unwrapping my game which I held off for two days, and begin playing it since I was planning on returning it if I didn't get the $20 gift cert. Good luck just be honest. You'll get to places.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I did the same thing and the transaction just posted to my account and there is not a $20 promo bonus like there was for RE6 so I am going to call them up and see what went wrong. I should still get it considering I did technically pre-order it (night before, but the offer was still listed on the item page and it did say "pre-order" not add to cart) but hopefully I get a knowledgeable rep.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Has ANYONE in the NYC-area received AC3 in the mail yet? Ordered with 2 day shipping, and tracking says it was leaving Ohio on 10/29[/QUOTE]

I just received my Assassin's Creed III in the mail today. Mine was stuck in transit for a while until the 29th. I'm sure it will be reaching you soon.

[quote name='Lightning War']They're doing this again next year. The games I remember are Dead Space 3, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Gears of War Judgement but there are a bunch more.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Hope they'll add more like DmC, Bioshock Infinite, MGR, and God of War Ascension.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']Alkaline joe, it turns out the cashier did change my order when I picked it up. I talked to CSR from Rewards zone and they have adjusted it. I wish I got my dlc but oh we'll. In any case I am unwrapping my game which I held off for two days, and begin playing it since I was planning on returning it if I didn't get the $20 gift cert. Good luck just be honest. You'll get to places.[/QUOTE]

Ah, sucks to hear that :(. Did they give you the certificate but not the DLC? I tried calling them up but they said they would "put me on hold" but they hung up on me. I'm going to call again tomorrow since I have other things to do today I'm just hoping for the best at this point. Worst case scenario it's on sale on BF for $30-$40 and I buy it at that price and return it using the original transaction.

They gave me a cert no problem. I had it with requesting for that dlc, I went through the process of pm BBY Moderator and put up two discussion boards on the forums. I am open my game and just play. That cashier the rung me up was a complete idiot. good luck, just be persistent.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Ah, sucks to hear that :(. Did they give you the certificate but not the DLC? I tried calling them up but they said they would "put me on hold" but they hung up on me. I'm going to call again tomorrow since I have other things to do today I'm just hoping for the best at this point. Worst case scenario it's on sale on BF for $30-$40 and I buy it at that price and return it using the original transaction.[/QUOTE]

My AC3 points are pending but no sign of the 1000 yet, but they should come soon. also did anyone preorder gta5 yet and get the poster?

[quote name='Truekonkern15']You guys sure COD:BLOPS 2 gets the $20 cert? I see it for Halo 4 but i don't see it for Black ops 2.[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe this still gets asked. :roll:

[quote name='JohnWayne']If I'm price matching in-store, will I need my original receipt or can they just print out a duplicate or just look it up?[/QUOTE]U can get a duplicate receipt from the RZ site print it out in-store

[quote name='Enuf']U can get a duplicate receipt from the RZ site print it out in-store[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for this. I just figured out how to print it out

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How do you guys PM, do you wait after you receive your $20 bonus, or can you do it beforehand?[/QUOTE]

You can do it before, it won't affect your RZ cert. whatsoever

[quote name='BrokeAssFool']I only have ten points pending rather than a 1000 for AC3, looks like another typical BB screw up.[/QUOTE]

It's been 4 days. What it really Looks like is another impatient whiny kid.

[quote name='Geco17']My AC3 points show as posted, along with the 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Mines too.....can't wait for my rewards certificate

[quote name='tykoe corp']Can the $20 bonus be used on anything in the store, or does it have to be used to purchase a video game?[/QUOTE]

Anything in store, online as well. The total has to be more than the certificate though, and does not include taxes.

[quote name='Geco17']Anything in store, online as well. The total has to be more than the certificate though, and does not include taxes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

Possibly a dumb question, I read the OP and didnt see it answered. If I preorder online for In-Store pickup, am I charged once the game releases or when I go and actually physically pick it up at the location? I know obviously for ship to home your charged once it ships, but never did an in store pick up before. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It's been 4 days. What it really Looks like is another impatient whiny kid.[/QUOTE]

Considering the posts below of the points posting and others of 1000 points pending rather than 10 pending, I hardly consider it whining. And I'm certainly no kid, jackass.

[quote name='kellte2']My AC3 1,000 points just posted. Just FYI for those out there still waiting.[/QUOTE]

It's odd, mine say they are posted, but the 1000 isn't there. It then went to pending, and now it's gone again. Although it does show as posted.

[quote name='Geco17']It's odd, mine say they are posted, but the 1000 isn't there. It then went to pending, and now it's gone again. Although it does show as posted.[/QUOTE]

Mine shows the same and I got a random $5 holiday rz.:applause:

Just a reminder for people who picked up Assassin's Creed 3... The price is LIVE for $47.99 at Toys R Us website, it's only good for today and tomorrow! So get your Price Adjustments :)

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and mine went through flawlessly, she had to call to verify stock (thought that only appkleid pre-purchase, not post-purchase -- but whatever!), got $12 + tax re-credited!

Got my AC3 pre-order code in the email today, so seems like they are taking care of that.
Nothing in RZ account about buying AC3 at all yet, but i did get a $5 holiday cert so that's nice.

Posted (not pending) though the certs aren't there (which I wasn't expecting anyway) Also earlier in the week I got the best BBrep ever over the phone who pricematched Kmart's deal, except he gave me the 10.00 gaming coupon in the form of ten dollars off. So I'm currently at 39.99 plus 20 dollar reward cert soon. Awesome :D

[quote name='godsmack13']Is $2 really worth your time and fuel?[/QUOTE]

Especially when we inevitably have another, lower sale on this title w/in the next 30/60 days (silver). No way is $2 worth the trip now.

You can PM over the phone if you paid with a card. Quick and easy

Sometimes I feel people are in a competition with each other on this site. Almost obsessive to get the lowest price possible no matter what. They see someone save a dollar less and can't be satisfied even through they were happy with the 10 off yesterday. This mentality is going to put bestbuy out of business and lose us any deals. Honestly the 20 cert should be enough.

[quote name='atc250es']Already pm kmart for 49.99, should I go back for $2 more? I probably will since im going to get a new headset this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I guess if you have the time sure. But I think it's going to drop to $40 anyways so you'll have a chance to PM it down to that newer price at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back