Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Youngnoble']You and I both know bestbuy did not intend for people to price match the game your getting a 20 cert on without it being deducted from the bottom line.. It's a loophole in there policy. Please dont act like they intended for us to price match the game down to 40 as well.

It's a dog eat dog mentality on here. I'm not judging anybody but I'm not being naive to what I'm doing ether. Look at the eca amazon incident. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. That's all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

What is the "eca amazon incident" that you speak of?

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Possibly a dumb question, I read the OP and didnt see it answered. If I preorder online for In-Store pickup, am I charged once the game releases or when I go and actually physically pick it up at the location? I know obviously for ship to home your charged once it ships, but never did an in store pick up before. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

You are actually charged when you go and physically pick it up, because if you don't go pick it up within their window, your order will be cancelled. Now with that being said, they do these reoccurring pending charges to make sure the money is there.

I pre-ordered AC: Liberation on 7/31 and that pending charge has been on my account ever since I preordered it.

[quote name='advanced']1800BestBuy if I remember right.[/QUOTE]

Yep thanks. Relatively easy process. I called to match the K-Mart price and the lady on the phone actually asked me if there was a TRU near me as well because they had it a few dollars cheaper. She called them, verified the price, and I finished the price match getting about $12 and change back. Pretty pleased, though I'm still waiting on my pre-order DLC code. They said they're having trouble with that currently. We'll see how it goes.

[quote name='Youngnoble']You and I both know bestbuy did not intend for people to price match the game your getting a 20 cert on without it being deducted from the bottom line.. It's a loophole in there policy. Please dont act like they intended for us to price match the game down to 40 as well.

It's a dog eat dog mentality on here. I'm not judging anybody but I'm not being naive to what I'm doing ether. Look at the eca amazon incident. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. That's all I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

What?!?!

Corporate put out a FAQ about the 1000 points specifically stating that it is perfectly fine to PM AND still keep the 1000 RZ points.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

"If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here."

Where are you getting your logic from?

Alright guys, noob question for someone who just got unlocked and has never pre-ordered from best buy before. I'm trying to pre order Halo online but nowhere throughout the process does it mention the $20 certificate or a way to indicate unlocked status. There is a place to put in your code to get the RZ points but nothing about the pre order discount. Do I just trust that they know I've pre-ordered it or what?

[quote name='Donut2922']What is the "eca amazon incident" that you speak of?[/QUOTE]

I didn't participate before my time on here but from what I remember people were adding multiple codes to there orders which was an exploit. Maybe I'm wrong about it but I know they got rid of it for something.

Just got off a 45 minutes phone call and the BB rep would not price match TRU's price on Assassin's Creed III for $47.99 on my BB online order. He called my local TRU store and they said it's not even on sale. (I'm assuming this is an online-only price at TRU?) He was very stubborn and strictly said they do not price match online retailers or online-only prices. I can't find the new policy that states that Best Buy will be price matching online retailers so I just hanged up. Anyone who had a successful experience willing to point out the things I did wrong?

If I remember right, members of the ECA were given promo codes to use on Amazon to get a discount on games. 10% sounds right to me. Well, they were able to stack them. Eventually Amazon saw this and stopped the entire promotion.

Even still, that was an exploit. None of this stuff we talk about here is an exploit. They allow PM's on the games. This is really a moot subject because it's allowed as long as the PM is legit. The K-Mart one is and the TRU one is also. The difference between $10 and $12 is $2. If they PM it, all is fine until it's not. I imagine they'd limit PM's first before getting rid of it totally.

[quote name='shurija']Just got off a 45 minutes phone call and the BB rep would not price match TRU's price on Assassin's Creed III for $47.99 on my BB online order. He called my local TRU store and they said it's not even on sale. (I'm assuming this is an online-only price at TRU?) He was very stubborn and strictly said they do not price match online retailers or online-only prices. I can't find the new policy that states that Best Buy will be price matching online retailers so I just hanged up. Anyone who had a successful experience willing to point out the things I did wrong?[/QUOTE]I apologize for sounding blunt, but there's one thing you're doing wrong right now: Not trying at least once more in the hopes of getting a different rep. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the $47.99 sale price is online and in-store; the TRU store would have known for sure if they scanned ACIII.

Even without PMing the games they still have the best deal so I would not be a lost customer. I would rather the price match get restricted than the $20 cert but having both is awesome.

[quote name='Vigilante']I apologize for sounding blunt, but there's one thing you're doing wrong right now: Not trying at least once more in the hopes of getting a different rep. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the $47.99 sale price is online and in-store; the TRU store would have known for sure if they scanned ACIII.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I am going to try again later to avoid speaking to the same BB rep. I thought the price would be in-store AND online as well. I have a feeling the TRU rep the guy called didn't even scan anything; probably just looked at the price tag.

[quote name='shurija']Just got off a 45 minutes phone call and the BB rep would not price match TRU's price on Assassin's Creed III for $47.99 on my BB online order. He called my local TRU store and they said it's not even on sale. (I'm assuming this is an online-only price at TRU?) He was very stubborn and strictly said they do not price match online retailers or online-only prices. I can't find the new policy that states that Best Buy will be price matching online retailers so I just hanged up. Anyone who had a successful experience willing to point out the things I did wrong?[/QUOTE]

You didn't do anything wrong. I was able to get a successful TRU PM this morning. They asked for the local TRU # to verify the price and it went smoothly. It's the person who they spoke to at TRU who didn't realize the game was on sale.

[quote name='Vigilante']I saw a banner near the entrance of my local BBY advertising "60-Day Holiday Price Match Guarantee", or something to that extent, but I forgot to get a closer look when I was there last night, so I don't know when it starts. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks , I was wondering if us non silver members will have an extra 30 days to pm ac3 and halo or if it only applies to items purchased during the extended holiday pm anybody know this ?

[quote name='KENFL0']Points for AC3 are now pending:)[/QUOTE]

Likewise! :bouncy:

So looks like just the DLC got messed up for me. I'll try calling up one more time and see if I can get that sorted out.

[quote name='Sway']You didn't do anything wrong. I was able to get a successful TRU PM this morning. They asked for the local TRU # to verify the price and it went smoothly. It's the person who they spoke to at TRU who didn't realize the game was on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. When I try for a second PM, I might use a different local TRU # near my location.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Likewise! :bouncy:

So looks like just the DLC got messed up for me. I'll try calling up one more time and see if I can get that sorted out.[/QUOTE]
There is a link someone posted earlier to the bby forums. Pm the guy there, I got a reply back in a day letting me know I'll receive it within 24 hours.

[quote name='shurija']Just got off a 45 minutes phone call and the BB rep would not price match TRU's price on Assassin's Creed III for $47.99 on my BB online order. He called my local TRU store and they said it's not even on sale. (I'm assuming this is an online-only price at TRU?) He was very stubborn and strictly said they do not price match online retailers or online-only prices. I can't find the new policy that states that Best Buy will be price matching online retailers so I just hanged up. Anyone who had a successful experience willing to point out the things I did wrong?[/QUOTE]

I just did a pm over the phone. Stated that I wanted to pm toys r us and gave the rep the phone number to my local toys r us store. She called and verified that the game was in stock and on sale. I got almost 13 bucks credited back to my gift card. Whole thing took about 15 mins and was painless. My rep was really nice though, I would just call back and hope for a different rep.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']I just did a pm over the phone. Stated that I wanted to pm toys r us and gave the rep the phone number to my local toys r us store. She called and verified that the game was in stock and on sale. I got almost 13 bucks credited back to my gift card. Whole thing took about 15 mins and was painless. My rep was really nice though, I would just call back and hope for a different rep.[/QUOTE]

Wish it was that easy for me. Called twice, first time rep's phone wasn't working, second time they "transferred me" to the wrong rep apparently, and then the system dropped me after 7 mins of waiting.

So I just randomly got issued a $30 certificate. I do have it to automatically issue me a certificate once it gets to $20 but it still says my points are pending

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Is black ops 2 part of the $20 deal? I see it here but it's no longer on the site. What are people doing to ensure the $20 for preordering this?[/QUOTE]

Check the OP

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I just randomly got issued a $30 certificate. I do have it to automatically issue me a certificate once it gets to $20 but it still says my points are pending[/QUOTE]

It can take a while for your pending point total to update after points have cleared. I'm guessing that's what happening here.

[quote name='Foladar']Wish it was that easy for me. Called twice, first time rep's phone wasn't working, second time they "transferred me" to the wrong rep apparently, and then the system dropped me after 7 mins of waiting.[/QUOTE]

I must call at the right time because only once have they actually called the store to check the price. I just got a $39.99 PM on AC3 yesterday and it only took like 5 mins. Have you tried calling at different times of the day?

Got electricity back yesterday. I'm waiting for the Best Buy I preordered from to get electricity so I can do my magic with these deals. lol BTW still need to pick up my preorders...Thanks Sandy.

I might be blind, but from what I can see Call of Duty Black Ops II no longer offers the $20 credit. If they honor it even though their website doesn't show it, then I'll put in my order. Otherwise, I have to look for another option.

[quote name='godsmack13']Scroll up to my prior post[/QUOTE]You know, it would have taken less effort to just repeat what you said in your prior post. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Vigilante']You know, it would have taken less effort to just repeat what you said in your prior post. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

People need to learn to look for answers sometimes. It's been asked twice today alone.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I might be blind, but from what I can see Call of Duty Black Ops II no longer offers the $20 credit. If they honor it even though their website doesn't show it, then I'll put in my order. Otherwise, I have to look for another option.[/QUOTE]

It will be a refreshing change when this is finally released so people can move on from asking this question once a page....

[quote name='aircobra']It will be a refreshing change when this is finally released so people can move on from asking this question once a page....[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is only going to get worse the next 10 days.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah it is only going to get worse the next 10 days.[/QUOTE]

It'll last longer than that because everyone will be wondering if the points will get posted or not.

So does anyone know if Black Ops 2 counts for the....

JUST KIDDING :)

Yea, people need to learn to read instead of just asking for answers

So went in and pre-ordered Halo 4, Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition, and 2 Copies of GTA V. They had just gotten the GTA V preorder bonus posters and viewers in so got two of those as well. Good trip!

[quote name='Firefox59']Alright guys, noob question for someone who just got unlocked and has never pre-ordered from best buy before. I'm trying to pre order Halo online but nowhere throughout the process does it mention the $20 certificate or a way to indicate unlocked status. There is a place to put in your code to get the RZ points but nothing about the pre order discount. Do I just trust that they know I've pre-ordered it or what?[/QUOTE]
Anyone?

Any other silver members get the early access shopping BF event email?

Not much added to it yet. Or am I missing something?

Edit: reading comprehension ftl. It's for the weekend sale not BF

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Any other silver members get the early access shopping BF event email?

Not much added to it yet. Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I forgot about that from last year. It turned out to be a pretty good deal if I remember right.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Any other silver members get the early access shopping BF event email?

Not much added to it yet. Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]I got an early-access email, but it was for a 2-day sale this weekend, not Black Friday. Is that the one you mean?

[quote name='Vigilante']I got an early-access email, but it was for a 2-day sale this weekend, not Black Friday. Is that the one you mean?[/QUOTE]

Ohh duh.... I saw early access and thought BF right off the top of my head

[quote name='Vigilante']You know, it would have taken less effort to just repeat what you said in your prior post. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Actually, all I had to do was talk to my phone. At this point, we're lucky I didn't finish my thought out loud :D

Hey guys, I got the silver early access email and it has a 1 time use code to get a $5 cert if you sign up for shutterfly. I did it yesterday, but I haven't gotten my points yet. Just a heads up to check out the email.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey guys, I got the silver early access email and it has a 1 time use code to get a $5 cert if you sign up for shutterfly. I did it yesterday, but I haven't gotten my points yet. Just a heads up to check out the email.[/QUOTE]

Nice catch, I missed it at the bottom, thanx.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey guys, I got the silver early access email and it has a 1 time use code to get a $5 cert if you sign up for shutterfly. I did it yesterday, but I haven't gotten my points yet. Just a heads up to check out the email.[/QUOTE]

It normally posts in 3-7 days

But thank you for the catch as I missed it also

Got that email as well thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='WingsDJY']It'll last longer than that because everyone will be wondering if the points will get posted or not.[/QUOTE]
And then the pm questions will begin.

So I stopped by Best Buy today. They had the preorder bonuses out for Grand Theft Auto 5. It was a double sided poster(about 2'x3') and a little view finder. Pretty cool stuff. I guess the pre order wasn't in the system yet but the game staff let me get one of each.

man I still dont have my assassins creed bonus from an online order, and Its been over a month since I pmed mike for my fifa bonus from an instore pickup. its BS.

Just called customer service and was able to get a price match from TRU. The lady who was on the line seemed tired and disinterested. She didn't ask any questions and was quick to give me my credit. I guess it was my lucky day. :D

Just got my dlc code for ACIII. Is this code in a weird format? Its not like a normal 5x5x5x5x5 code. Do I enter it in game?

This is for the Xbox btw

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got my dlc code for ACIII. Is this code in a weird format? Its not like a normal 5x5x5x5x5 code. Do I enter it in game?

This is for the Xbox btw[/QUOTE]

Yeah you enter it in game and not through the dashboard. It is a Ubi code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back