Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah you enter it in game and not through the dashboard. It is a Ubi code.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. That's what I figured, just wasn't near my Xbox.

Any PM'ing that can be done for Halo 4 on launch day? I see that Fry's has it for $46. Is that just for pre-orders or is that the price when it launches?

[quote name='Corvin']Alright, WTF? I called BB and they wouldn't price match on the phone.[/QUOTE]

Ok stupid question first: Did you buy it online? If so, then they are wrong, if not, then you cannot do it over the phone.

Just pm resident evil 6 and I got $10. And with this those $10 I bought two BuletStorm Limited Editions. I had the salesperson pm the limited edition game. She thought it was the vanilla version and I got them both for $4.99 each.

I guess Best Buy changed it's phone prompts. You have to ask for "more options" by the voice activation instead of reaching extension #4 for the operator switchboard to transfer to online gaming. Waited 30 minutes today but got AC3 and NBA 2K13 adjusted for $22 total plus tax difference.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey guys, I got the silver early access email and it has a 1 time use code to get a $5 cert if you sign up for shutterfly. I did it yesterday, but I haven't gotten my points yet. Just a heads up to check out the email.[/QUOTE]

Silver early access?

[quote name='sninh']Silver early access?[/QUOTE]

Early access to a 2-day sale. I got one of those too with the shutterfly $5 offer.

[quote name='Donut2922']I guess Best Buy changed it's phone prompts. You have to ask for "more options" by the voice activation instead of reaching extension #4 for the operator switchboard to transfer to online gaming. Waited 30 minutes today but got AC3 and NBA 2K13 adjusted for $22 total plus tax difference.[/QUOTE]

Where is NBA 2k13 on sale?

So I went to BB today to pick up AC3 and to preorder Far Cry 3. I go up to the kiosk and typed in Far Cry 3..no match. I look under the top preorders..it was on the list. I then click on the "$20 certificate" add and it was the only game not listed. Even games that have already been out were listed (nba2k13, dishonored) has anyone else been having this problem?

Im still debating if I want to trade in Darksiders 2 now and cut the cost of Halo 4 in half just to be able to get it on launch. I havent even opened Darksiders 2 yet, BAH!!! I really dont even know when id actually play Halo 4, hate being tempted! I still havent even beaten AC3, bout to get Hitman and Dishonored, ughhhhh.

I wanted to pre-order bioshock infinite online from best buy but I didn't know if they charge your card the full amount before hand, does anyone know if they do this?

Just price matched AC3 with TRU to get 13 bucks back over the phone. Make sure you have your Best Buy order number and held onto your gift cards if you used them on the original purchase. Thanks CAGs!

[quote name='Mottozero']I wanted to pre-order bioshock infinite online from best buy but I didn't know if they charge your card the full amount before hand, does anyone know if they do this?[/QUOTE]

However if you order online for in-store pickup you can price match later over the phone and its easier to get your 20 dollar RZ card later on in my experience.

[quote name='sninh']Hmm I'm silver and I haven't gotten it. Is there anything good for the sale?[/QUOTE]Nope. Some 360 bundle, but nothing for individual games.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wow, my 1000 points for ACIII posted and I got the $20 cert. I'm not even Silver. Groovy, I was not expecting that in time for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think I got mine too. It hasn't even appeared on my transactions but unless I lost count, my points just went up by 1,000 and shows +20 to my dollar total. Awesome.

Is it possible for a BB rep on the phone to return your transaction, eventually voiding your $20 RZ certificate when you try to PM a retailer's price?

Yep that's how it works if you preorder online points post 30 days after purchase in your case 3-5 days after the game release

[quote name='shurija']Is it possible for a BB rep on the phone to return your transaction, eventually voiding your $20 RZ certificate when you try to PM a retailer's price?[/QUOTE]

No they can't return your transaction. They will just issue you the difference owed to you through the original form of payment. The only return happens in-store. A PM is not a return/rebuy. The system recognizes it as two very different things.

I know that the OP says it works on all editions of the games themselves but can anyone confirm if this works with the Halo 4 console?

Went in to BB to PM NBA 2K13 today. I was told today (and apparently a few days ago for AC3 but I lack the memory) that (my) Best Buy no longer price matches Fry's. Why? Because they don't price match their own website. I eventually got my PM but I thought this was odd. I bring in printouts because I don't get the paper and Best Buy is supposed to match local competitors advertisements, right? I have a Fry's within 10 miles of my BB too. Weird.

They had to do something funky, I think it was a Return/Rebuy, so I'm skeptical about being able to keep my $20. fucked up little trip. I think I might make the change to in-store pickup from now on.

Edit: Now that I think about it I had the same problem with Borderlands 2. They needed to make an exception for it. Is the computer not allowing them to due to me preordering it more than a month before release? So the computer sees it as an adjustment on the first purchase (the preorder) and not the second (the pickup)? Hopefully the move to the new system fixes this. As for the Fry's thing, I'll just bring in a paper ad next time I guess.

[quote name='advanced']Went in to BB to PM NBA 2K13 today. I was told today (and apparently a few days ago for AC3 but I lack the memory) that (my) Best Buy no longer price matches Fry's. Why? Because they don't price match their own website. I eventually got my PM but I thought this was odd. I bring in printouts because I don't get the paper and Best Buy is supposed to match local competitors advertisements, right? I have a Fry's within 10 miles of my BB too. Weird.

They had to do something funky, I think it was a Return/Rebuy, so I'm skeptical about being able to keep my $20. fucked up little trip. I think I might make the change to in-store pickup from now on.[/QUOTE]

You probably just had an uninformed employee. If anything, just try another representative.

So I just dealt with trying to PM my second online AC3 order and I learned that CS makes cases by the individual billing person/address. I called in and got shot down by the first CS about the "bundle" offer that included the DLC and steelbook case. So I tried calling back later on and the next rep instead of asking for my .com online order no., asked for my name and phone number. She pulls up my info and before I can even reference my BBY01 order # she asked me whether I was going to PM the AC3 bundle offer. I said yes and she shot me down before even looking up the BBY01 number. So there were notes to my billing address already. Yikes. This explains why some folks have been shot down repeatedly now.

I guess for bundle offers you're better off preordering in-store with free bundle items. Online is better for titles that don't include the free bonus items. Black Ops 2 is an example of something I'd rather preorder online.

[quote name='Donut2922']You probably just had an uninformed employee. If anything, just try another representative.

So I just dealt with trying to PM my second AC3 order and I learned how CS makes cases by the individual billing person/address. I called in and got shot down by the first CS about the "bundle" offer that included the DLC and steelbook case. So I tried calling in later on and the next rep instead of asking for my .com reference ID asked for my name and phone number. Before I even brought up my BBY01 order she asked me whether I was attempting to PM the AC3 bundle offer. I said yes and she shot me down before even looking up the BBY01 number. Yikes.

I guess for bundle offers you're better off preordering in-store with free bundle items. Online is better for titles that don't include the free bonus items. Black Ops 2 is an example of something I'd rather preorder online.[/QUOTE]

I preordered in-store for BLOPS 2 and lucked out that one of the gaming reps I chat with a lot was unloading a bunch of swag at the time I was doing it. Gave me a Black Ops 2 iphone 4 case and baseball hat.

Not the greatest bonuses, but free is free.

[quote name='Donut2922']You probably just had an uninformed employee. If anything, just try another representative.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured as well. Either way, the manager overrode the problem and I was on my way with $10 in my pocket that I had spent a month ago. Next time a Frys PM comes up though, I'll just run to the corner market and get a paper. I've got a Frys in town and they're a competitor of Best Buy, so I'll be able to PM that way.

I was told that I can not get a price match on something I already bought, I was trying to get assassins creed matched to the toys r us price. Should I just call back?

This is unrelated to GCU, but I got a strange email from BBY CS:

[quote name='Email']Dear [Vigilante],

My name is Timora I am emailing in regards to your order . It has been brought to my attention that you have unfortunately been subjected to what is called a "Ghost Order". What a "Ghost Order" means is that our system authorized the order you had placed but it did not get confirmed with our system that fulfills the order. What happens with this is that your form of payment will be authorized for the initial authorization that happens when an order is placed. After, this the system will verify that the order is non existing and drop the charges. However, unfortunately this process is not affective immediately and can take up to 8 business days, also the authorization cannot be manually forced by us do to lack of information that can only be found within the order. However, if you would still like to receive the products that were in the "Ghost Order" you may replace them by logging onto BestBuy.Com or by contacting us at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289).
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have faced. If you have any questions please reply to this email and I will get in contact with you in a timely manner thank you once again [Vigilante] I hope you have a wonderful day.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Timora
Best Buy Research Team[/QUOTE]Has anyone received something like this? It strikes me as very strange, considering the only "orders" I've placed in the last few days were contributions to my Pitch-In Card. I responded to the email but have yet to receive a response.

The way it's worded (and the fact that I was referred to by my nickname, which you can't see in the quote) combined with the fact that no specific order of mine is referenced is very suspicious to me, but I didn't offer any personal information in my reply, so hopefully nothing malicious will happen.

[quote name='jkircos']I was told that I can not get a price match on something I already bought, I was trying to get assassins creed matched to the toys r us price. Should I just call back?[/QUOTE]

Lol yes you should call back.

Took about half an hour total after waiting on the phone, but got a very helpful woman in customer service and got back a little over $15 on my AC3 order after pming Toys R Us' price. Awesome!

How did you get a little over $15 when price match was $47.99 at Toys R Us.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Took about half an hour total after waiting on the phone, but got a very helpful woman in customer service and got back a little over $15 on my AC3 order after pming Toys R Us' price. Awesome![/QUOTE]

Is BLOPS 2 still part of this? Comes out in 10 days, but it doesn't show up on their website as eligible. The OP still says it is part of it?

NVM, just read the last 4 pages...

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']How did you get a little over $15 when price match was $47.99 at Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

I assume + tax he got back.

Been on hold now for over 25 minutes trying to talk to somebody to PM AC3. This is turning into a total disaster for Best Buy. They seem to have laid off half their call center work force the in the past few weeks. Gets longer and longer everytime I call.

Totally unacceptable for 30 minutes after I place the call to still be on hold. No wonder BB is going the way of the Dinosaurs and Circuit City.

Be patient other CAG's have been on hold longer. You will get a pm soon

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Totally unacceptable for 30 minutes after I place the call to still be on hold. No wonder BB is going the way of the Dinosaurs and Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='exaznkid']ok i picked up my preorder of AC3 and i pmed it for $48 today, would that effect my $20 credit?[/QUOTE]

No you should be fine with PMing at pick up.

[quote name='exaznkid']ok i picked up my preorder of AC3 and i pmed it for $48 today, would that effect my $20 credit?[/QUOTE]

shouldn't make a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back