Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tk_tymes']What are the circumstances that would cause them to do a return-rebuy, instead of a regular price-match?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered AC3 & Halo 4 a few months (3-5) prior to release. As such, the computer wouldn't allow a price adjustment within the 60 day window (I'm premiere) - so the first time, the CSR never asked, she just rang it up as a return/rebuy and 1000 pts was subtracted from my account (I had to call to get everything re-instated). The second time, I mentioned what had happened, i.e. please don't do this again, and the same CSR explained the system hadn't allowed a price adjustment due how far in advance I had pre-ordered. So what they did was to select another item I purchased (viewing my order history) and took the difference off of that.

[quote name='therealdanhill']If I do this online, do I get charged right away or when the product ships? Like, is there an authorization charge?[/QUOTE]

A hold is placed on your Credit Card, yes.

[quote name='knight19']A hold is placed on your Credit Card, yes.[/QUOTE]
Sucks. Guess I'll just go down and do the 5 dollar preorders for the games I want. Thanks for the reply!

[quote name='Donut2922']Maybe we should add release dates to the titles so that cags can keep up when to preorder in time.[/QUOTE]

that would be appreciated

I think these dates are accurate. If these could be added to the first post, that'd be great!

Bioshock Infinite: 3/26
Crysis 3: 2/19
Dead Island Riptide: 4/23
Dead Space 3: 2/5
Gears of War: Judgment: 3/19
God of War: Ascension: 3/12
Grand Theft Auto V: TBD
Injustice: Gods Among Us: 4/16
The Last of Us: 5/7
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: 2/19
South Park: The Stick of Truth: TBD
Splinter Cell: Blacklist: TBD
Tomb Raider: 3/5

[quote name='spree4567']I think these dates are accurate. If these could be added to the first post, that'd be great!

Tomb Raider: 3/5[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Ill put $1,000 that GTA 5 releases 5/14 if not 5/21. Rockstar ALWAYS releases new games the week on my b-day. Im looking at 5 games for sure, with Gears and Dead Island on the bubble.

Thanks for the list, I needed something like that!

Edit: I put them in chronological order for myself, since I'll be getting quite a few of these, and I thought I'd post it so people could have that list, pre-done, as well.

Tomb Raider: 3/5

How long do we have to price match the games after they are released?

Is it longer for Silver Premiere?

Thanks

[quote name='DillonKC']How long do we have to price match the games after they are released?

Is it longer for Silver Premiere?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

30 days for everyone. 60 days for RZ Silver.

[quote name='Donut2922']Maybe we should add release dates to the titles so that cags can keep up when to preorder in time.[/QUOTE]
I have updated the OP with release dates, new pre-order bonuses, and added the fine print for the promotion. Let me know what you guys think, and if anything need to be added in the future. :)

Has anyone seen those Dead Island steelbooks at their BB? I've never seen one yet.

Also, I was at a GS and saw that they're giving a downloadable copy of Crysis 1 and a Predator Bow for Crysis 3 pre-orders. There was not mention of that being exclusive to GS. Valid at BB?

[quote name='Zolor23']Has anyone seen those Dead Island steelbooks at their BB? I've never seen one yet.[/QUOTE]
There's still at least a dozen at mine. Can't imagine there's much interest.

[quote name='Zolor23']Has anyone seen those Dead Island steelbooks at their BB? I've never seen one yet.

Also, I was at a GS and saw that they're giving a downloadable copy of Crysis 1 and a Predator Bow for Crysis 3 pre-orders. There was not mention of that being exclusive to GS. Valid at BB?[/QUOTE]
The dead island steelbooks were given away near the beginning of September 2012 along with the Avengers steelbooks. Probably all gone by now in-store. You can try pre-ordering one online or from amazon.

Crysis 1 and Predator Bow should come with all limited edition copies pre-orders of Crysis 3. Best Buy is just late to updating there listings as usual.
[quote name='TooPoor']Ah....No preorder bonuses for Blacklist :([/QUOTE]
I'm sure it will get one or already has one but best buy has not updated there listings yet.

[quote name='htz']The dead island steelbooks were given away near the beginning of September 2012 along with the Avengers steelbooks. Probably all gone by now in-store. You can try pre-ordering one online or from amazon.

Crysis 1 and Predator Bow should come with all limited edition copies of Crysis 3. Best Buy is just late to updating there listings as usual.

I'm sure it will get one or already has one but best buy has not updated there listings yet.[/QUOTE]

How do you get the DLC Code for Crysis 1 from BBY, if pre-order today. Wasn't that suppose to be avail asap on pre-order tender.

[quote name='Daring']How do you get the DLC Code for Crysis 1 from BBY, if pre-order today. Wasn't that suppose to be avail asap on pre-order tender.[/QUOTE]
It was never meant to be given to you for pre-ordering. You will be emailed a voucher code after your game ships out or when picked up. (This applies to gamestop and amazon but should be the same for Best Buy when they update their listings.)

[quote name='htz']The dead island steelbooks were given away near the beginning of September 2012 along with the Avengers steelbooks. Probably all gone by now in-store. You can try pre-ordering one online or from amazon.

Crysis 1 and Predator Bow should come with all limited edition copies pre-orders of Crysis 3. Best Buy is just late to updating there listings as usual.

I'm sure it will get one or already has one but best buy has not updated there listings yet.[/QUOTE]

Awww, drat. I'll go ask BB next week, but I guess I'll try pre-ordering online for once. I didn't think that those steelbooks would be given away so quickly...6 months before the game. Crysis is one I can wait for since I haven't even played Crysis 1/2

[quote name='htz']I have updated the OP with release dates, new pre-order bonuses, and added the fine print for the promotion. Let me know what you guys think, and if anything need to be added in the future. :)[/QUOTE]

You put dates for South Park and Splinter Cell, but they're both still TBD.

Looks like BBY change it to 5 day after release date to pickup ur preorder. Just got back from preordering Dead Space 2 & Crysis 3. The preorder receipt (not the tender receipt) list the qualification for the bonus $20 and states that preorder must be pickup within 5 day of the release date.

[quote name='advanced']
[/QUOTE]

Goddamn it wasn't until I saw that list that I realized GoW, Gears, and Bioshock are all being released in the same month. My poor wallet (T.T)

[quote name='htz']I have updated the OP with release dates, new pre-order bonuses, and added the fine print for the promotion. Let me know what you guys think, and if anything need to be added in the future. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks this helps a lot bud.

[quote name='Daring']Looks like BBY change it to 5 day after release date to pickup ur preorder. Just got back from preordering Dead Space 2 & Crysis 3. The preorder receipt (not the tender receipt) list the qualification for the bonus $20 and states that preorder must be pickup within 5 day of the release date.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was just the one time I made the order but I remember one of my recent .com preorders stated that I had to pickup my order by the Friday of release week so if that's true .com customers like me should be careful.

Has there been any confirmation that the collector editions are included in this offer? I know they were in the past but it doesn't mention anything on the product pages.

Never took advantage of these 20 gc before how long does it take to get your points from BB. I'm hoping I can use the Last of US 20 on possibly GTA V.

Also of note in regards to the Riptide steelbook... it is not G2 sized for the PS3.

I believe there were only DVD sized for the 360 available. I've never seen a G2 version. If there were I'd definitely be all over that.

[quote name='j.t']Never took advantage of these 20 gc before how long does it take to get your points from BB. I'm hoping I can use the Last of US 20 on possibly GTA V.[/QUOTE]

About 15 days for silver members and 30 days for non silver members. That's how it was with the last promo.

[quote name='advanced']You put dates for South Park and Splinter Cell, but they're both still TBD.[/QUOTE]
My release dates are sourced from amazon and gamestop. If those dates are incorrect, I will update the OP when that happens.
[quote name='Gamer4life88']Has there been any confirmation that the collector editions are included in this offer? I know they were in the past but it doesn't mention anything on the product pages.[/QUOTE]
Not sure until we get closer to Dead Space 3's release and Best Buy starts providing more details.
[quote name='Metal Militia']Are all the big name video game titles of 2013 coming out in the first half of this year instead of late in the year?[/QUOTE]
Looks like it considering the second half of this year could mean next gen titles starting to show up. ;) We will still get Battlefield 4 and Modern Warfare 4 though.

Well i was able to get my $20 cert for 2K13 after calling them and they assured me that i shouldn't have this problem with any future purchases but now they are saying i was never gamer unlocked (although i paid for and have been receiving the magazine). I am already over this crap...the coupons are getting crappier every month and now i have to jump through hoops everytime i try to get my certificate. Blah!

[quote name='Metal Militia']Are all the big name video game titles of 2013 coming out in the first half of this year instead of late in the year?[/QUOTE]

Honestly it seems like it. E3 will probably show some AAA games coming out later on this year aswell as the unveiling of the next gen consoles for sony and microsoft, but with that being said you have Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, God of War, Last of Us, Bioshock, and the grand daddy of them all GTA V all come out by the end of May. I can't recall when AAA games from the q1 and q2 outdue the fall and winter releases.

Torn between using certs that will expire to pre-order games for more certs even if there's nothing I really want (except MGSRR, but even that doesn't look so great, and I'm a huge MGS fan), or just using them on other stuff.

Do you guys think I should cancel then re-place the Bioshock Infinite preorder I have from more than a year ago (placed during the offer for 50% extra trade-in credit when preordering it) so as to avoid potential issues with price-matching down the road? I wouldn't do this until closer to the release date.

[quote name='Vigilante']Do you guys think I should cancel then re-place the Bioshock Infinite preorder I have from more than a year ago (placed during the offer for 50% extra trade-in credit when preordering it) so as to avoid potential issues with price-matching down the road? I wouldn't do this until closer to the release date.[/QUOTE]

yes.

Okay, preordered Grand Theft Auto V. If BB packages any DLC bonuses closer to release, does everyone who has already preordered the game receive them as well without having to request them or anything?

guys - how long does it take for a refund to a pitch in card? I'm thinking of canceling my DS3 pre-order on my pitch in card and want to put it on a regular credit card instead. (easier to keep track of for Pming.)

And I want to use my pitch in card to buy something tonight.

[quote name='confoosious']guys - how long does it take for a refund to a pitch in card? I'm thinking of canceling my DS3 pre-order on my pitch in card and want to put it on a regular credit card instead. (easier to keep track of for Pming.)

And I want to use my pitch in card to buy something tonight.[/QUOTE]

Since this is sort of similar, I'll answer from my experience - I had four GCs I was 'transferring' to my Pitch-In card. I canceled the the transaction prior to the amount going to my PI Card and it took about 24 hours for the amounts to go back to the original GCs. So it may be similar to PI Cards...

[quote name='confoosious']guys - how long does it take for a refund to a pitch in card? I'm thinking of canceling my DS3 pre-order on my pitch in card and want to put it on a regular credit card instead. (easier to keep track of for Pming.)

And I want to use my pitch in card to buy something tonight.[/QUOTE]
Did you do the pre-order in store? If so, it can instantly go back to the PI card. Online pre-order? From experience the refund processes in 24-48 hours.

[quote name='knight19']Since this is sort of similar, I'll answer from my experience - I had four GCs I was 'transferring' to my Pitch-In card. I canceled the the transaction prior to the amount going to my PI Card and it took about 24 hours for the amounts to go back to the original GCs. So it may be similar to PI Cards...[/QUOTE]

Always been wondering, but how do i get a pitch-in card. I hat carrying around 5 diff GCs.

Soooo I had 2900 spent last year out of 2500 for silver, it has now reset back to zero, and I am still showing silver through February of 2014 which is what I had before....

Do I need to call them? I know this is random I am asking because I know a lot of you are silver members

[quote name='cigaro']Soooo I had 2900 spent last year out of 2500 for silver, it has now reset back to zero, and I am still showing silver through February of 2014 which is what I had before....

Do I need to call them? I know this is random I am asking because I know a lot of you are silver members[/QUOTE]

You can't bank Silver status. It's on an annual basis and it will run for one year which is what it is showing. If you want it from Feb 2014 - Feb. 2015, you need to spend another $2500 between now and December 2013.

[quote name='Kyden139']That seems to be a YMMV thing based on training. At my closest store, one gaming rep knows how to do that and no one else I asked had a clue (even the CS reps). I finally said "screw it" and got the pitch-in card.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. One rep had done it for me but hadn't seen her for a while. I also said screw it a few months ago and am now using the pitch in card to do my trade in credit consolodation. Nice side effect is that the GC to pitch in card generates RZ points.

Man the release dates don't mesh very well this time around... last promotion you could buy a game or two and in 30 days or close to it you could use the certs on the next round of game(s). This promotion it seems like everything is coming out kinda squished together which makes it less appealing IMO

[quote name='splattered']Man the release dates don't mesh very well this time around... last promotion you could buy a game or two and in 30 days or close to it you could use the certs on the next round of game(s). This promotion it seems like everything is coming out kinda squished together which makes it less appealing IMO[/QUOTE]

True but you'll have a good amount of gc credit to put towards the games that come out in fall and winter and hopefully BB continues this all year round.

Um, so all of my certs have disappeared. Who should I be contacting about this?

EDIT: Now they are showing up on the mainpage, but when I click to go to the certs page it logs me out and asks me to log back in. It's an https thing with a lock, so I assume there's not some phishing thing going on, just not sure what's happening right now.

[quote name='confoosious']yes.[/QUOTE]Thanks. Should I still do so even though it'd be easier to get a PM with an in-store preorder? You only need to show the receipt from when you picked up the game when PMing, so the CS rep wouldn't know how long ago the preorder was placed and thus you would avoid any issue involving that.

Just joined Unlocked and my preorders are in for Dead Space and Tomb Raider. :) The certs take about 30 days to get, right? So I'll at least have the cert from Dead Space in time for BioShock Infinite's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back