Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad they delayed GTA 5. This gives me more time to get through some of the games in my backlog already and get through games i will be getting soon like Dead Space 3 and then God of War. Plus I am sure to pick up Ass Creed 3 at some point as it has to hit $20 simetime this year.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I seriously cannot wait for Infinite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRjNMQZ1qBk[/QUOTE]

Bioshock is my fav game of all time and bioshock 2 is the only multiplayer game I play, but I just am not into infinite. I will buy it and probably like it, but I don't like the art. Too cartoony and bright. It's like diablo 3 all over again.

One question for clarification. I am in GC and qualify for the $20 in points on preorders but if I pay for the game with gift cards do I still get the $20 in points or is it like other items bought with gift cards since you do not get reward zone points on purchases made with a gift card? Thanks for a reply.

[quote name='keysersoze7']One question for clarification. I am in GC and qualify for the $20 in points on preorders but if I pay for the game with gift cards do I still get the $20 in points or is it like other items bought with gift cards since you do not get reward zone points on purchases made with a gift card? Thanks for a reply.[/QUOTE]

You'll get the $20, but no additional points. If you PM they'll give you a GC for the value.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Woohoo, My copy of DS3 was shipped already!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah mine shipped yesterday , if I remember right pre orders normally ship the day prior to release so pretty sweet .

based on the price drop with the new Hitman, Tomb Raider probably will be the same. $40 after 2 weeks anyway and now $30. So can we price match anyone cheaper than best buy?

[quote name='red_devil32']based on the price drop with the new Hitman, Tomb Raider probably will be the same. $40 after 2 weeks anyway and now $30. So can we price match anyone cheaper than best buy?[/QUOTE]Usually, yes, as long as you have proof of the lower price and it's a physical store (i.e., not online).

You still might be able to PM online prices, as I've done so with Amazon a few times (most recently for Far Cry 3 when it was $34.99 for a Deal of the Day), but it's more potentially YMMV.

So I just signed up for Gamer unlocked at bestbuy. To my confusion, someone please verify with me. Thanks

1. The first copy of the Gamer magazine will be mailed to you instead of picking it up right away in store? I asked for it and they refused to give me.
2. The subscription for the magazine is 1 year right? How come on my receipt it said "Gamer Digital-10 issue subscr"? Is that mean I would only get 10 issues (10 months left of the year??)

[quote name='red_devil32']So I just signed up for Gamer unlocked at bestbuy. To my confusion, someone please verify with me. Thanks

1. The first copy of the Gamer magazine will be mailed to you instead of picking it up right away in store? I asked for it and they refused to give me.
2. The subscription for the magazine is 1 year right? How come on my receipt it said "Gamer Digital-10 issue subscr"? Is that mean I would only get 10 issues (10 months left of the year??)[/QUOTE]

1. Yes, they should have given you your first copy in-store. I received a magazine when I purchased my subscription a year ago and when I renewed last week.

2. There are only 10 issues because twice a year a few months get bunched together. For example, the current issue is for January/February 2013 with coupons valid from 1/13/13 - 3/2/13.

[quote name='Dund3r']1. Yes, they should have given you your first copy in-store. I received a magazine when I purchased my subscription a year ago and when I renewed last week.

2. There are only 10 issues because twice a year a few months get bunched together. For example, the current issue is for January/February 2013 with coupons valid from 1/13/13 - 3/2/13.[/QUOTE]

crap I asked for that and they insisted it will be mailed. What can I do now?

Why won't amazon price match bio shock already I been waiting for a while for them give 20.00 out so I order t

When you order online, does it matter if you have an account or not on bestbuy.com? If I enter my reward zone # only, will I get the $20?

[quote name='Zolor23']When you order online, does it matter if you have an account or not on bestbuy.com? If I enter my reward zone # only, will I get the $20?[/QUOTE]

As long as you are part of Gamers Club Unlocked, I'm pretty sure you're eligible for the $20.

[quote name='HydroX']As long as you are part of Gamers Club Unlocked, I'm pretty sure you're eligible for the $20.[/QUOTE]

So, just entering the Reward Zone # would work, right? Nothing to do with the bestbuy.com account?

[quote name='Bazz']Why won't amazon price match bio shock already I been waiting for a while for them give 20.00 out so I order t[/QUOTE]The reason AMZ hasn't match the $20 deals straight up is b/c they're tied into the GCU program which has a $15 membership that they won't get.

[quote name='red_devil32']crap I asked for that and they insisted it will be mailed. What can I do now?[/QUOTE]go back to the store & show them the mag it says "this issue free" on the cover.

For others who don't want to have this probelem at all just have them scan the barcode for the GCU(it's in the GCU booklet) & just tell them you wanna buy the mag. Once they scan the mag it'll ring up free anyways once the booklet barcode is scanned.

[quote name='Enuf']The reason AMZ hasn't match the $20 deals straight up is b/c they're tied into the GCU program which has a $15 membership that they won't get.

go back to the store & show them the mag it says "this issue free" on the cover.

For others who don't want to have this probelem at all just have them scan the barcode for the GCU(it's in the GCU booklet) & just tell them you wanna buy the mag. Once they scan the mag it'll ring up free anyways once the booklet barcode is scanned.[/QUOTE]

The Microsoft store also is basically giving $20 because they have free 1600 points. I am not spending $60 on a game I know drops a week later.

I think I'm going to hold out on Feb. titles and wait for price drops. I'm not a silver member and I think crysis and MGR will fall by the time Bioshock comes out.

[quote name='Bazz']The Microsoft store also is basically giving $20 because they have free 1600 points. I am not spending $60 on a game I know drops a week later.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so why not BB? You can PM. Does Amazon do that anymore?

[quote name='Bazz']The Microsoft store also is basically giving $20 because they have free 1600 points. I am not spending $60 on a game I know drops a week later.[/QUOTE]could care less about MS pts since I have a PS3 + $20 credit/$20 or more back via pm will be more than enuf to buy what I want. Add rz pts + silver bonus an there's no equal

[quote name='kelo360']I think I'm going to hold out on Feb. titles and wait for price drops. I'm not a silver member and I think crysis and MGR will fall by the time Bioshock comes out.[/QUOTE]it is easy to get silver & we're all waiting for drops which will happen faster than the fall games since there's so many titles coming in a short time frame w/o tje extra sales bump from xmas. Crysis is a no brainer as shooters drop fast

[quote name='kelo360']I think I'm going to hold out on Feb. titles and wait for price drops. I'm not a silver member and I think crysis and MGR will fall by the time Bioshock comes out.[/QUOTE]

Why not just get them on release and price match them then? You would have gotten the $20 plus probably $10-15 from the price match as opposed to buying them for at best $45 a month later.

[quote name='Enuf']
it is easy to get silver & we're all waiting for drops which will happen faster than the fall games since there's so many titles coming in a short time frame w/o tje extra sales bump from xmas. Crysis is a no brainer as shooters drop fast[/QUOTE]

How do you get your silver? I got my silver status because family members bought a lot of electronics by my consultation last year and I always ended up going to bestbuy to get it for them. My silver is about to expire though and I'm looking for a way to get it again

[quote name='tk_tymes']
How do you get your silver? I got my silver status because family members bought a lot of electronics by my consultation last year and I always ended up going to bestbuy to get it for them. My silver is about to expire though and I'm looking for a way to get it again[/QUOTE]
I was really close last year by our ipad purchases/mixed with my usual stuff. Then I upgraded my phone, which automatically makes you silver.

Can't decide if I should pre order Dead Space 3 or not.. I don't really see it dropping within 30 days. But I do have $25 credit I can use. Hmm... Can someone travel to the future and let me know if there's going to be a price drop plz?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Can't decide if I should pre order Dead Space 3 or not.. I don't really see it dropping within 30 days. But I do have $25 credit I can use. Hmm... Can someone travel to the future and let me know if there's going to be a price drop plz?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much you care about the $20 cert. I thought the same thing about Far Cry 3 and ended up not getting it and I really regret that decision because it'll be forever until it drops to the same price as getting it release day and factoring the $20 cert. You can also wait to pick up the game to give you that extra week of price-matching.

Not sure if this has already been posted or not yet and too tired to look back through pages... Dead Space 3 is 49.99 at Frys shipping only for now. Seems like they always do this with the bigger games and i price match day 1 at BB.

[quote name='kylerg']If I buy a game with all RZ points and a few bucks from Paypal and there is a PM. They can give a giftcard right?[/QUOTE]

No. They give you back what you put into it, so they'll first deplete the cash amount, then the GC amount, and finally the RZ cert amount (in the form of points).

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Depends on how much you care about the $20 cert. I thought the same thing about Far Cry 3 and ended up not getting it and I really regret that decision because it'll be forever until it drops to the same price as getting it release day and factoring the $20 cert. You can also wait to pick up the game to give you that extra week of price-matching.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean, I decided last minute not to preorder FC3 and regret it. I guess I'll go ahead and preorder it. With the $25 RZC I already have and the $20 RZC I'll be getting it'll only cost me about $18. And I'll get the $20 RZC just in time to use it on my Bioshock preorder.

[quote name='tk_tymes']How do you get your silver? I got my silver status because family members bought a lot of electronics by my consultation last year and I always ended up going to bestbuy to get it for them. My silver is about to expire though and I'm looking for a way to get it again[/QUOTE]I spend enuf to get silver since I dont buy from other places I just pm the competi ion instead. The 60 days, 25% bonus & reg rz pts can't be beat

If u don't have the cash to spend then use the BB pre-paid visa cards it will only cost $77.35 total. Just use them to pay $210 worth of monthly bills & at silver. $100/month cell phone bill gets u halfway to silver, add groceries, water bill, gas bill, electric bill, gas for ur car, insurance or car note & it's easy

[quote name='Enuf']If u don't have the cash to spend then use the BB pre-paid visa cards it will only cost $77.35 total. Just use them to pay $210 worth of monthly bills & at silver. $100/month cell phone bill gets u halfway to silver, add groceries, water bill, gas bill, electric bill, gas for ur car, insurance or car note & it's easy[/QUOTE]

so what does the $77.35 go to, activation fees?

[quote name='sninh']dead space 3 will be 49.99 at frys for a day 1 pm[/QUOTE]

Nice!!! So how do I go about doing this? I was forced to do instore pickup btw.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nice!!! So how do I go about doing this? I was forced to do instore pickup btw.[/QUOTE]

Online orders, including in-store pickup, have to be pricematched over the phone with Best Buy customer service. Call them up, give them the retailer and price, they will likely check online or call the retailer. Should take 10 minutes or so. Have your order number ready when you call.

With Best Buy failing so much I have to reevaluate what games I want to put deposits on for the year.

I wish they would allow 5 bucks on online orders so you could pay them off with RC before they launched.

[quote name='Dund3r']Online orders, including in-store pickup, have to be pricematched over the phone with Best Buy customer service. Call them up, give them the retailer and price, they will likely check online or call the retailer. Should take 10 minutes or so. Have your order number ready when you call.[/QUOTE]

So should I do it before I go in to get my copy, or right afterwards? From the way you described it, pm'ing with online orders is 1000x easier then items that you buy instore.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So should I do it before I go in to get my copy, or right afterwards? From the way you described it, pm'ing with online orders is 1000x easier then items that you buy instore.[/QUOTE]
Online orders have to be matched when the purchase is made.

If they follow their policy you wont be able to price match.

Will the price match frys if there is none in the area since they PM online now?

I got it before with Re6, not sure if I can do it again though.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Online orders have to be matched when the purchase is made.

If they follow their policy you wont be able to price match.[/QUOTE]

That's supposed to be the case for matching online websites like Amazon and Newegg.

Retailer B&M's can be matched subsequent to the original purchase being made.

[quote name='Donut2922']That's supposed to be the case for matching online websites like Amazon and Newegg.

Retailer B&M's can be matched subsequent to the original purchase being made.[/QUOTE]
Oh that's right, I forgot

When I match Fry's I can only do it online with the dot com store because I don't have any retail locations around me.

If he's got a Fry's around they'll match for the duration.

[quote name='Donut2922']That's supposed to be the case for matching online websites like Amazon and Newegg.

Retailer B&M's can be matched subsequent to the original purchase being made.[/QUOTE]

How does this work? I'm not familiar with the online PM policy. I don't have a Fry's near me, so how do I PM the website if I order online? Is it impossible because it's a pre-order? And is this in writing anywhere?

[quote name='tk_tymes']so what does the $77.35 go to, activation fees?[/QUOTE]yep, 13 cards $200 each, $2600. 5.95 fee each. Still $77.35 for silver can't be beat plus it can be cheaper depending on how much u spend.

Does anybody know if I order the collectors edition of god of war or the last of us from best buy if I will still get the $20 in points back or is that only for the standard edition?

[quote name='ChaosLaw']How does this work? I'm not familiar with the online PM policy. I don't have a Fry's near me, so how do I PM the website if I order online? Is it impossible because it's a pre-order? And is this in writing anywhere?[/QUOTE]
Yes it is impossible to PM a pre-ordered item. You can only price match items that currently in-stock and at the time of purchase for online store PMs.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Does anybody know if I order the collectors edition of god of war or the last of us from best buy if I will still get the $20 in points back or is that only for the standard edition?[/QUOTE]
Based on Best Buy forum Rep responses, they are saying it should apply, but it not 100% confirmed in writing yet.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...ioshock-Infinite-Songbird-Edition/td-p/651387

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back