Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana']I'm not currently a BB unlocked member. If I go in store and join with $15 will I instantly be able to preorder a game and get $20 reward cert?[/QUOTE]
Yeah once you sign up for unlocked in-store you will be able to take advantage of the $20 RZ offer. Your $20 RZ cert. comes in the form of 1000RZ points after 30 days which you can redeem for a $20 RZ cert.
[quote name='panda911']Did they take down the Crysis 1 download for preorders? I don't see it on the Crysis 3 page anymore. I'm worried about the fulfillment.[/QUOTE]
I'm still seeing the offer on bestbuy.com right now.
[quote name='Donut2922']I'm a sad panda now.

Feels like BB just punched me in the gut and ran away with my lunch money.

#HappyFridayBitches[/QUOTE]
Tell me how long you will last on eBay if you offered your customers 30-60 days price matching/returns/exchanges with no restocking fees on top of the cost of dealing with potential fraudulent customers.

Wow, according to that Silver Members will also be restricted to 15 days.

Price matching frys, newegg and amazon is good at least. Outside of launch games, I guess ill wait till one of those sites have a sale before getting a game.

[quote name='Deader2818']Wow, according to that Silver Members will also be restricted to 15 days.

Price matching frys, newegg and amazon is good at least. Outside of launch games, I guess ill wait till one of those sites have a sale before getting a game.[/QUOTE]

It updated with Silver gets the 60 days return. So return rebuy?

[quote name='confoosious']After reading that link, it seems reasonable but isn't a 60 return policy for silver essentially a 60 price match?[/QUOTE]

Lose out on the Reward points. But they also track te returns and can ban/block you from doing it going forward.

[quote name='confoosious']After reading that link, it seems reasonable but isn't a 60 return policy for silver essentially a 60 price match?[/QUOTE]

Lose out on the Reward points. But they also track te returns and can ban/block you from doing it going forward.

Nah, getting 20 on new release games is still a better deal then you get most places. Price matching on line stores can be good since frys does have launch titles on sale for 49.99 sometimes.

So the 60 day return window remains for Silver members which is good. No post-purchase pricematching from competitors is a kick in the nuggets.

It was a fun ride while it lasted, but hopefully it helps Best Buy in the long run.

Yeah although it pains me dearly, I hope they are making the right decision, and it actually does save them more money than the customers that it drives away.

" Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only)."

This reads like the post purchase PM will still work for Silver members until April 18th?

[quote name='TooPoor']Finally some sound info. Will you guys give up GCU in light of this? I am having doubts on renewal.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to post more credible information at the time (besides my own word) but anything else would have been from the training modules that we had to take. I only wanted to go so far with getting this out there.. :p

The Silver return policy is still going to be 60 days but the Price Match window is 15. We're being told to do Return/Rebuys for any price match (that isn't from a BB price) after day one.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to do it that way.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']I really wanted to post more credible information at the time (besides my own word) but anything else would have been from the training modules that we had to take. I only wanted to go so far with getting this out there.. :p

The Silver return policy is still going to be 60 days but the Price Match window is 15. We're being told to do Return/Rebuys for any price match (that isn't from a BB price) after day one.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to do it that way.[/QUOTE]
Hmm thanks, aside from the $20 GCU issue, I don't see this affecting silver members much. You guys still essentially have 60 days to price match.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']I really wanted to post more credible information at the time (besides my own word) but anything else would have been from the training modules that we had to take. I only wanted to go so far with getting this out there.. :p

The Silver return policy is still going to be 60 days but the Price Match window is 15. We're being told to do Return/Rebuys for any price match (that isn't from a BB price) after day one.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to do it that way.[/QUOTE]
thanks again for providing the information. Now with real "website/ Sources" release, they are finally believing it is real, and not made up. LOL

So they want to eliminate showrooming but I can only imagine the sales that will be lost from eliminating price matching. I guess lower sales are better if they are making a profit though.

[quote name='TooPoor']Hmm thanks, aside from the $20 GCU issue, I don't see this affecting silver members much. You guys still essentially have 60 days to price match.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that seems like the case. Not as terrible, but will make me choose my $20 games more carefully now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']" Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only)."

This reads like the post purchase PM will still work for Silver members until April 18th?[/QUOTE]

I really would like clarification on this as well. If that is the case I would be very very happy because God of War Ascension comes out shortly after the new policy starts and I would like to get that one a little cheaper.

I am also getting The Last of Us, but $20 on that game is fine with me since I really want it. God of War was mainly in the hopes of getting it for $40

[quote name='cancerman1120']" Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only)."

This reads like the post purchase PM will still work for Silver members until April 18th?[/QUOTE]

I really would like clarification on this as well. If that is the case I would be very very happy because God of War Ascension comes out shortly after the new policy starts and I would like to get that one a little cheaper.

I am also getting The Last of Us, but $20 on that game is fine with me since I really want it. God of War was mainly in the hopes of getting it for $40

That's the way I read it too. If that's the case, I probably won't be doing any day 1 purchases on games from this promo after Bioshock Infinite's 3/26 release date. If I can't Pricematch and don't desperately want the game, I'll wait for a price drop somewhere.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So they want to eliminate showrooming but I can only imagine the sales that will be lost from eliminating price matching. I guess lower sales are better if they are making a profit though.[/QUOTE]

Well since they are limiting it to only being able to PM best buy in the 15 day windows, they will have lost some business from me. Did not want to believe they would do this after I went out of my way to spend several hundred extra just to make it to silver since I thought it would even out with extra PM time. I have Crysis 3 preordered but that will probably be the last day 1 that I get from them for a while. Rather give my business to other retailers rather than them. Hopefully amazon will step up and bring more $20 credits back since I really want GTA, South Park, Bioshock, Gears, Tomb Raider, and God of War. I would also be happy with newegg's $12 off credits on these games if I can't wait for the inevitable $40 price point at Target. Probably will not renew my unlocked sub or my spare one under another family member.

Amazing they went from Worst Buy to Best Buy and are returning back to their old ways. Should have seen it coming with all the crap recently, errors with preorder system, pitch in from the website being down for a month, $50 off $100 coupon they backpedaled on after it being abused to hell, cutting @gamer to digital only, reassigning gaming reps, and crapping on the TIV's.

Still wonder if online preorders made before March 2nd will get the old pm period. The article seems to suggest so.

They really should have left silver members alone. Actually give people a reason to spend 2500 in your store.

[quote name='panda911']Still wonder if online preorders made before March 2nd will get the old pm period. The article seems to suggest so.[/QUOTE]

It depends, do they come out after March 2nd? If so no they do not get the old policy...It really makes no sense why people think it might.

Wouldn't that invalidate the $20 GCU reward cert then? A return/rebuy messes up the promo.

I was wondering on people's Dead space 3 receipts if there a big EXCHANGE on the top of yours? Apparently I forgot to check it when I was at the store but I'm looking at mine right now and I see neither an EXCHANGE or a RETURN. The 5 dollars from the pre-order deposit is still shown on the receipt though. So was this changed with the new system they are implementing?

wouldn't return/rebuys extend the return period? or if you're silver you can return it if it drops within 60 days and then buy it again with the price match then? it wouldn't work for this promo since you'll lose the rz cert, but you'll still be able to get it cheaper

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It depends, do they come out after March 2nd? If so no they do not get the old policy...It really makes no sense why people think it might.[/QUOTE]

...Because the wording from Best Buy supposedly says, "Any purchases made on or before March 2, will qualify for the 30-day return period." Maybe that's why. And it's not like recent BBY is known for their sound and logical decisions.

[quote name='TooPoor']Hmm thanks, aside from the $20 GCU issue, I don't see this affecting silver members much. You guys still essentially have 60 days to price match.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sninh']wouldn't return/rebuys extend the return period? or if you're silver you can return it if it drops within 60 days and then buy it again with the price match then? it wouldn't work for this promo since you'll lose the rz cert, but you'll still be able to get it cheaper[/QUOTE]
That is what I think. Aside from GCU, this is not that bad for silvers.

[quote name='panda911']...Because the wording from Best Buy supposedly says, "Any purchases made on or before March 2, will qualify for the 30-day return period." Maybe that's why. And it's not like recent BBY is known for their sound and logical decisions.[/QUOTE]

It is a pre-order. Pre meaning before, so it's an early purchase, meaning not actually purchased. Your order does not really exist until it is released. It's pretty easy logic if you ask me.

[quote name='sninh']wouldn't return/rebuys extend the return period? or if you're silver you can return it if it drops within 60 days and then buy it again with the price match then? it wouldn't work for this promo since you'll lose the rz cert, but you'll still be able to get it cheaper[/QUOTE]
No, the third party company that Best Buy hires to monitor returns/exchanges will block you from doing excessive returns. You will still need to hand over your ID under this new policy.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It is a pre-order. Pre meaning before, so it's an early purchase, meaning not actually purchased. Your order does not really exist until it is released. It's pretty easy logic if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

So an early purchase isn't a purchase? Maybe we have different definitions of purchase. Best Buy has my credit in full, which constitutes a purchase to me. It is unusable while BBY holds onto it and the orders definitely do exist. I'm just waiting on them to fulfill their obligation. And again nothing BBY has done in the past few months has been terribly logical.

I for one am not going to miss this bullshit when BB goes out of business, any company that treats customers like criminals does not deserve to be in business

Its like they think we should beg to have the honor of giving them full price because they are so much more godly that other competitors and we should honor and respect when they throw us a bone with sales with more money and groveling

"Showrooming" lol, more demeaning insider jargon, you can put that one next to "devil customers"

Im sorry to say it, but I miss Circuit City

Do you get tired of coming in here bitching and moaning about Best Buy? You don't like shopping there. Thats great, the rest of us don't care.

If Best Buy goes out of business, say good bye to half of the good deals you get on Amazon.

A shame Best Buy isn't offering this deal on stuff like Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, and Monster Hunter Tri HD, otherwise known as games I actually want to play.

[quote name='maximumzero']A shame Best Buy isn't offering this deal on stuff like Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, and Monster Hunter Tri HD, otherwise known as games I actually want to play.[/QUOTE]
isn't all the games you listed nintendo exclusives?

do you have to do in-store pickup to get the 20 dollars bonus? that's what the rule sounds like but then i may not be reading correctly.

i know you have to go to a in-store to activate the gamer status...

[quote name='djricekcn']do you have to do in-store pickup to get the 20 dollars bonus? that's what the rule sounds like but then i may not be reading correctly.

i know you have to go to a in-store to activate the gamer status...[/QUOTE]

No you can have it shipped or do an in store pick up order off the website.

I can't seem to find enuf's January/February @Gamer coupons thread so I will post it here.
@Gamer magazine is going entirely digital! Any new or renewing members of Gamers Club Unlocked will be signed up to receive the digital version of @Gamer, which allows customers to receive the magazine quicker and access their copies via iPads, Android powered tablets, or web browser.

You should receive two separate emails per @Gamer edition. One of the emails should inform you that your new edition is ready to be downloaded and the other email should allow you to print off the gaming coupons included in each edition. All current members who receive the print edition of @Gamer will receive the remainder of their 10 magazine subscription and will be signed up for the digital version if they choose to renew their GCU membership.

Source: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ve-me-digital/m-p/658359/highlight/true#M8787
@Gamer is fully digital going forward. If you're currently subscribed to the print edition it will remain that way until your subscription ends.

[quote name='htz']I can't seem to find enuf's January/February @Gamer coupons thread so I will post it here.
@Gamer is fully digital going forward. If you're currently subscribed to the print edition it will remain that way until your subscription ends.[/QUOTE]

Will be curious to see if the printed coupons will have unique barcodes. We know what kind of problems that can cause haha.

Best Buy FINALLY has The Last of Us Survival Edition up for pre-order. I'm gonna go get my $25 pre-order back from GS :D

For all of those crapping on Best Buy, just wait and see how great it will be if they disappear and we have to rely on TRU/Target/Wal-Mart for brick-and-mortar deals.

Awesome. :roll:

[quote name='akathatoneguy']For all of those crapping on Best Buy, just wait and see how great it will be if they disappear and we have to rely on TRU/Target/Wal-Mart for brick-and-mortar deals.

Awesome. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Oh come on. TRU will be gone as well so we will get to deal with Target and Walmart.....

[quote name='joshnorm']Oh come on. TRU will be gone as well so we will get to deal with Target and Walmart.....[/QUOTE]

I hear 7 Eleven is starting to emerge as a leader in video game industry.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I hear 7 Eleven is starting to emerge as a leader in video game industry.[/QUOTE]"Buy a $59.99 game and get a free 16oz. Slurpee!"

:roll:

Not sure if this has already been posted or if this is common knowledge, but I might as well say it anyway.

I can confirm that your RZGC membership stacks on top of your old one, like PS Plus. My original expiration date was 3/09/13, but I renewed to day and it's now 3/10/14.

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']Not sure if this has already been posted or if this is common knowledge, but I might as well say it anyway.

I can confirm that your RZGC membership stacks on top of your old one, like PS Plus. My original expiration date was 3/09/13, but I renewed to day and it's now 3/10/14.[/QUOTE]

Well damnit I wish I knew that. I woulda re-upped before they made all renewals automatically digital going forward ....

[quote name='darrenaw9']Is it true that we cant pm prices anymore for 30/60 days after a certain date? Sorry if this has been answered.[/QUOTE]

only 15 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back