Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats funny is my points for metal gear arent pending at all, but two pre-orders I did for god of war and bioshock 2 days later are there already, lol.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']then bestbuy should fix their system and have the points pending, then they don't have to have their phone lines clogged. Don't blame the people calling, blame bestbuy. It is reasonable for someone to want to make sure nothing is wrong with their preorder.

no one here is demanding their points before 30 days, we want notification that everything is fine and nothing is screwed up.[/QUOTE]

If you can show me where they promise you that your points will show up as pending on your account before 30 days, I'll admit my mistake and apologize.

All I can find is "Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment.", which to me says you'll get your points 30 days or so after pickup or shipment. I don't understand where in that sentence it says you can expect to have pending points or will be notified that everything is ok.

Where is best buy to blame?

Patience is a virtue kids. There will be plenty of deals in the future to use your RZ certs on.

Some cags were frustrated with other members calling in about their RZ points not showing up soon enough (before the posting deadline) and getting compensated with a manual adjustment. An example was when they did the $100 RZ/5 title preorder offer 2 years ago. Some went batshit that they didn't get their $100 RZ certs once they bought their 5th title. They couldn't wait the requisite 35 days for some asinine reason. They called and got a manual $100 cert and once the 35 days had cleared, lo and behold the system automatically issued the $100 cert they were owed. It's upsetting that people just couldn't wait a little bit. They inadvertently stole from Best Buy whether they rationalized it was okay or not. Like little teenagers that just can't hold their **** for 2 minutes.

[quote name='confoosious']So you actually think Best Buy has a separate call center for their RZ help line and their regular help line?
[/QUOTE]

I honestly believe they do. Why would they have many menus in their call system for nothing?

Where I work, a warehouse for Staples, there are 120 call center people on a day out of the 350 hired. That is just in my building alone. So why wouldn't Best Buy have a similar structure? Just saying.

[quote name='Donut2922']Patience is a virtue kids. There will be plenty of deals in the future to use your RZ certs on.

Some cags were frustrated with other members calling in about their RZ points not showing up soon enough (before the posting deadline) and getting compensated with a manual adjustment. An example was when they did the $100 RZ/5 title preorder offer 2 years ago. Some went batshit that they didn't get their $100 RZ certs once they bought their 5th title. They couldn't wait the requisite 35 days for some asinine reason. They called and got a manual $100 cert and once the 35 days had cleared, lo and behold the system automatically issued the $100 cert they were owed. It's upsetting that people just couldn't wait a little bit. They inadvertently stole from Best Buy whether they rationalized it was okay or not. Like little teenagers that just can't hold their **** for 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Using inadvertent is probably a generous word choice for some of what occured..

I know most people are saying to wait on contacting Best Buy, but I was at a Best Buy today trying to pre-order The Last of Us Survival Edition and they said since the transaction cleared for my Dead Space 3 pre-order on my RZ account that my 1000 points should also be there. I called the RZ department and...well here is a link to a post I made on the official BB forums summarizing the events. I am really stunned by not only what I was told, but how I was treated.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Extremely-Upset/td-p/660422

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I know most people are saying to wait on contacting Best Buy, but I was at a Best Buy today trying to pre-order The Last of Us Survival Edition and they said since the transaction cleared for my Dead Space 3 pre-order on my RZ account that my 1000 points should also be there. I called the RZ department and...well here is a link to a post I made on the official BB forums summarizing the events. I am really stunned by not only what I was told, but how I was treated.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Extremely-Upset/td-p/660422[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I paid in full with a GC. I had no problems with this when I pre-ordered last year with a GC.

[quote name='Zolor23']Are you serious? I paid in full with a GC. I had no problems with this when I pre-ordered last year with a GC.[/QUOTE]

I had zero issues last year with my gift card purchases, and I did 5 games where 90% of the total price was paid with rewards/gift cards.

They basically all told me "That shouldn't have happened, you shouldn't have gotten the 1000 points"

[quote name='Zolor23']Are you serious? I paid in full with a GC. I had no problems with this when I pre-ordered last year with a GC.[/QUOTE]

A bit nervous now that I had the price adjusted on DS3. Gonna have to re-read these terms and conditions...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I know most people are saying to wait on contacting Best Buy, but I was at a Best Buy today trying to pre-order The Last of Us Survival Edition and they said since the transaction cleared for my Dead Space 3 pre-order on my RZ account that my 1000 points should also be there. I called the RZ department and...well here is a link to a post I made on the official BB forums summarizing the events. I am really stunned by not only what I was told, but how I was treated.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Extremely-Upset/td-p/660422[/QUOTE]

That sucks man, I hope I don't run into the same problem since I too paid off my DS3 purchase with gift cards and I know I'm going to have to call them up in 30 days for my cert. Quick question, are you calling the regular number or the silver one?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']That sucks man, I hope I don't run into the same problem since I too paid off my DS3 purchase with gift cards and I know I'm going to have to call them up in 30 days for my cert. Quick question, are you calling the regular number or the silver one?[/QUOTE]

Silver number.

I cannot understand how this can be true. I understand 100% that you would not get points for the actual purchase, like a $60 game would get 120 points, but since I paid no actual cash I get 0 points. As such my silver 25% bonus and my double GCU points would be based off a 0 points total, which still means I get 0 points. To negate $20 because I used a gift card, even if it was a $5 gift card is insanely absurd.

The terms say nothing about paying with gift cards or certificates that it makes you ineligible.

I wonder what else you can do to push this higher if they just flat out refuse to fix the issue.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Silver number.

I cannot understand how this can be true. I understand 100% that you would not get points for the actual purchase, like a $60 game would get 120 points, but since I paid no actual cash I get 0 points. As such my silver 25% bonus and my double GCU points would be based off a 0 points total, which still means I get 0 points. To negate $20 because I used a gift card, even if it was a $5 gift card is insanely absurd.[/QUOTE]

No where in the terms and agreement does it say that gc and RZC make you ineligible for the promotion. Pretty much says qualifying purchases (select pre ordered titles), 7 days from release to pick up, and 30 days for $20 RZC to post.

I would call again and point this out. They obviously must be thinking that your talking about the points from the purchase and not the promotion.

[quote name='Deader2818']The terms say nothing about paying with gift cards or certificates that it makes you ineligible.

I wonder what else you can do to push this higher if they just flat out refuse to fix the issue.[/QUOTE]

There is something in the terms for the reward zone department, not the specific promotion.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/faq/earningpoints

Calculation and Timing of Points->Can I get points when I purchase a Best Buy gift card?

"Yes. You will get points on Best Buy gift card purchases, but not on Best Buy gift card redemptions. Gift card purchases are excluded from all bonus point promotions"

Upon reading that it is very vague. Does it mean BUYING a gift card gets you no bonus points/promotions OR does it mean USING a gift card gets you no bonus points/promotions.

By the title of the question it sounds like the former, but every employee I spoke to this evening said the contrary and in so many words told me I was wrong and should be thankful that last year the system was messed up and I got my 3000 points automatically.

I have no pending points RWZ points and I paid with $55 in coupons.

To recap, I paid $55 in coupons and $5 with Paypal.
They finally refunded the $5 to Paypal, and said I had $9 allowance (what?)
Now the RWZ site says 700 pending points.

How does that add up to $20? And now I will have an uneven amount of points I can't easily reuse, like on Judgment. ffs.

[quote name='StryderOmega']No where in the terms and agreement does it say that gc and RZC make you ineligible for the promotion. Pretty much says qualifying purchases (select pre ordered titles), 7 days from release to pick up, and 30 days for $20 RZC to post.

I would call again and point this out. They obviously must be thinking that your talking about the points from the purchase and not the promotion.[/QUOTE]

I told all 3 of them flat out "I understand that I will not get my 60 points from the actual price of the game since I did not use cash or a form of cash, but used Best Buy currency, I am fine with that. My issue is the 1000 bonus points for pre-ordering."

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is something in the terms for the reward zone department, not the specific promotion.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/faq/earningpoints

Calculation and Timing of Points->Can I get points when I purchase a Best Buy gift card?

"Yes. You will get points on Best Buy gift card purchases, but not on Best Buy gift card redemptions. Gift card purchases are excluded from all bonus point promotions"

Upon reading that it is very vague. Does it mean BUYING a gift card gets you no bonus points/promotions OR does it mean USING a gift card gets you no bonus points/promotions.

By the title of the question it sounds like the former, but every employee I spoke to this evening said the contrary and in so many words told me I was wrong and should be thankful that last year the system was messed up and I got my 3000 points automatically.[/QUOTE]

The way its worded totally means that you don't get bonus points when buying a gift card with a promotion IE: You buy a gift card and use a best buy credit card, you wont get 2x points on it. If it meant you would be ineligible for a promotion when using a gift card it would read "Gift card redemptions are excluded from all bonus point promotions"

Clearly people there have no idea what is going on. Might have to wait till after 35 days though.

They need to point out where it says that specifically in the terms then, because the above post about the GC purchases is very vague. And if I am not mistaken, if a purchase is only partially paid off by the gc, then the remainder is equated to points. Since RZC nullifies points as well, specifically this shouldn't make you ineligible.

This whole promotion this year smells a bit fishy...

All I know is that I am extremely upset not only with what I was told, but how I was told. I really felt like they were calling me a liar, that I did not deserve the points I got late last year, and that they will do nothing to help me. If anyone has a similar experience please post in the thread on the BB forums I started to bring more attention to this nonsense.

Also, keep in mind I actually spoke to two normal Premiere Silver reps as well as a Premiere Silver Supervisor...It just makes you wonder how far this ineptitude goes.

I am going to call tomorrow and hope that with the shift change and it being daytime shift and not night shift I will get people who have a brain.

So my 1000 points aren't showing up for Metal Gear Rising even though I picked it up on launche day. I've never had to wait this long for pending rewards, is anyone having the same problem?

[quote name='Vap']So my 1000 points aren't showing up for Metal Gear Rising even though I picked it up on launche day. I've never had to wait this long for pending rewards, is anyone having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Can't tell if your trolling...

Or asking a real question...

[quote name='Vap']So my 1000 points aren't showing up for Metal Gear Rising even though I picked it up on launche day. I've never had to wait this long for pending rewards, is anyone having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

For the last time, they are making everyone wait the full 30-35 days on the 1000 bonus points this year. If you still don't have the 1000 points on or after 35 days from pick up have passed, then please feel free to call or contact Best Buy. Until that point, you need to do nothing but wait patiently.

Sorry to hear about your problem Saix - hopefully you just spoke to some very inept and uniformed CS reps.

If you're asking a serious question... Almost everyone is in the same position as you. Don't expect to see any pending points and the bonus points most likely won't show up until the 30 days since the purchase has passed. This is different from the way it worked last year, unfortunately for all of us, but this is what the BBY terms state for this promo.

The MGRR release date was less than a week ago - patience man.

I honestly think I am going to need to make the following line from BBY my new sig: "Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment."

[quote name='Dund3r']Sorry to hear about your problem Saix - hopefully you just spoke to some very inept and uniformed CS reps.[/QUOTE]

I hope so as well, I can't imagine the s-storm they will be causing if this is true for the new promo...Going to call tomorrow and hope for some understanding, considerate, informed, and intelligent reps tomorrow.

I had a hell of a time getting a 25 dollar cert I was suppose to get for signing up for a best buy credit card over the holidays. Took fucking forever to finally get it. I was transferred several times on 3 phone calls and finally someone on the forums got back to me and was able to just issue the missing points for me.

Yeah I was serious. I knew you would never actually get the $20 for 30 days but I didn't read about it not even showing up as pending...that's fucking stupid.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']. If anyone has a similar experience please post in the thread on the BB forums I started to bring more attention to this nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if this helps, but i went ahead and posted on the BBY forum. Basically stating the only reason i purchase new video game releases is because of this promotion AND being able to purchase with GC, which is true. If not i would just wait for price drops. If it is true i will have to cut back on some day one purchases. GOOD LUCK!

shit i pre orded Tomb raider, dead island, the last of us and GTA 5 but after hearing all the fuss I wonder should I start regretting joining Gamer Unlocked? Can I cancel this and get my refund back? $15 fee and all the pre orders? I didnt receive any benefits from the unlocked program yet

[quote name='Deader2818']So wait, the 1,000 isnt even suppose to show as pending and will only show after the 30-35 days?[/QUOTE]

yeah last year thats how it was with all my preorders. The purchase shows up, but the 1000 points didnt show up until after the 30-35 days.(well 15 if you were premier silver last year\\:D/)
Unfortunately this year seems to be going bad. Hopefully after this whole wait till Feb 23 maintenance brings things back to how they were

[quote name='red_devil32']shit i pre orded Tomb raider, dead island, the last of us and GTA 5 but after hearing all the fuss I wonder should I start regretting joining Gamer Unlocked? Can I cancel this and get my refund back? $15 fee and all the pre orders? I didnt receive any benefits from the unlocked program yet[/QUOTE]

You can cancel your pre-orders and get your $5 on each pre-order or however much you put down.

The $15 is non-refundable though.

You actually can't cancel a pre-order till after the game releases. I found this out this week when I went to pre-order god of war and bioshock and they actually rang bioshock up twice. I noticed after the fact and they had to do a post void since the system wouldnt let them refund it.

Wow, Best Buy was so awesome last year for getting new games day 1 with a $20 cert usually posting before the next game I wanted came out. But it seems this year is going to be way different and too much of a headache/hassle. I might just wait for sales and price drops this year for most of the games. Except GTA5 I'll buy that day one no matter the price.

[quote name='Deader2818']You actually can't cancel a pre-order till after the game releases. I found this out this week when I went to pre-order god of war and bioshock and they actually rang bioshock up twice. I noticed after the fact and they had to do a post void since the system wouldnt let them refund it.[/QUOTE]

I know this is not true since just today I canceled my The Last of Us pre order with the hopes of getting the Survival Edition

wait so if you pre order and pay full later with any form of giftcard or certificate you won't get the $20 back? what kind of BS is this!?? Just when I thought I should give some more love to Bestbuy for being great last year and joined GU then now all these hassle freaking suck!

[quote name='jonnysniper']yeah last year thats how it was with all my preorders. The purchase shows up, but the 1000 points didnt show up until after the 30-35 days.(well 15 if you were premier silver last year\\:D/)
Unfortunately this year seems to be going bad. Hopefully after this whole wait till Feb 23 maintenance brings things back to how they were[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm hoping it's just the Maintenance cause it's my Metal Gear Rising purchase isn't even showing up.

[quote name='red_devil32']shit i pre orded Tomb raider, dead island, the last of us and GTA 5 but after hearing all the fuss I wonder should I start regretting joining Gamer Unlocked? Can I cancel this and get my refund back? $15 fee and all the pre orders? I didnt receive any benefits from the unlocked program yet[/QUOTE]

I would just tough it out cause GCU does pay for itself.

That sounds extremely short-sighted. Even if you could cancel your GCU membership, you'd miss out on the 10% TIV bonus, 10% off used games, the coupon packs with every issue of the magazine, other coupons via the reward zone website, and the bonus points from the preorders that will eventually work out.

Wow... seriously. After reading the last few pages... all I can is wow. Let's try to make this simple for all you.

1. Buying vs Using GCs - Buying GCs gives you points, using GCs does not. If you use a GC as partial payment on something, you will only get points on the remainder that you paid out-of-pocket. This has been the BB policy for quite some time now.

2. Using GCs/RZ Certs on Pre-Orders - Using GCs/RZ Certs as part of a payment toward a pre-order pick-up does not void the pre-order bonus 1000 points ($20 RZ Cert). It will only reduce the amount of base points you get on the price of the game (see above for the rules).

3. Bonus 1000 Points ($20 RZ Cert) - Points typically do not show until after 30-35 days. When they do show up, they are shown as posted, not pending. If 30-35 days has not passed from the date you picked-up your game, STFU and go back to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else pre-order Bioshock Infinite?

I got sent 2 emails with codes for the industrial revolution website and one of them is invalid.

My question is, is this a mistake? Did I need 2 codes or did I just get 2 and the fact that 1 works got me into the mini game and that's all there is or would this second code unlock some other pre-order bonus?

Sorry if that's confusing.

[quote name='nuuuuj']2. Bonus 1000 Points[/QUOTE]
Mucho apologies for this question, but what are the Bonus 1000 points for? I read the FAQ in the OP and the last few pages of the thread but I'm not sure what these 1000 points are for/how you get them. Recent GCU member.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Mucho apologies for this question, but what are the Bonus 1000 points for? I read the FAQ in the OP and the last few pages of the thread but I'm not sure what these 1000 points are for/how you get them. Recent GCU member.[/QUOTE]

1000 points=$20

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Mucho apologies for this question, but what are the Bonus 1000 points for? I read the FAQ in the OP and the last few pages of the thread but I'm not sure what these 1000 points are for/how you get them. Recent GCU member.[/QUOTE]

1000 Bonus Points = $20 Best Buy Reward Zone Certificate. That's what you get for preordering games from this promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back