Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I have not.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kylerg']Nothing pending for DS3 yet for me. I am patient though.[/QUOTE]

Ok, we will be patient. When is 35 days?

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Fry's has a tendency of doing this and then bumping the price up to $59.99 on launch day. It's essentially their pre-order special. I've seen that price point on the past couple releases only for it to go up on launch day.[/QUOTE]

2 most recent games came out was $50 on release day. Hopefully the same for Tomb Raider, can't wait! But I read bestbuy new policy doesn't allow PM?

[quote name='red_devil32']2 most recent games came out was $50 on release day. Hopefully the same for Tomb Raider, can't wait! But I read bestbuy new policy doesn't allow PM?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand BBY will allow you to PM on the day of purchase and only PM their own sale within 15 days.

[quote name='red_devil32']2 most recent games came out was $50 on release day. Hopefully the same for Tomb Raider, can't wait! But I read bestbuy new policy doesn't allow PM?[/QUOTE]

With the new policy they will not allow you to price match other competitors after the purchase date but only bestbuy and BB.com with the new 15 day policy. You can price match competitors only when your purchasing the product.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Technically all of the Dead Space 3's sold at launch were considered "Limited Edition". Should be "Limited Edition" printed on the cover of your game.[/QUOTE]

I meant in the "points earned" section for the transaction, instead of "Victory Can Be Preordered - 1000" It says Dead Space 3 Limited Edition, which is I guess how they are doing it now?

[quote name='Deader2818']Metal Gear was 49.99 on release. Dead Space 3 was not.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Crysis 3 wasn't either but before release, I thought I remember reading it was $50 at some point then it got yanked as an earlier poster mentioned. Same release day as MGR and only MGR was in the ad which I PMed.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']people panic because bestbuy is known for screwing things up[/QUOTE]
Based on last go around there were only two issues...
1) RE Collector's Edition
2) Preorder DLC

Everything else worked fine when process was done correctly.

Now... How does 1 title warrant the $20 RZ threads being thread crapped by bitching about points well in advanced from the 30/35 day period (as stated by policy) on every release title within promotion...

[quote name='htz']March 12th, 2013[/QUOTE]

Damn, longer than I thought. Oh well.

Does the new purchase PM policy mean that we would have to call to order online and PM at the same time?

im not a big price matcher. How does it work? take tomb raider for example if i pre order from BB and frys has it for 50. and i pay the full amount online at BB.com before pick up. And i go and pick it up, they would then refund me 10 dollars?

Also about the DS3 points, where does it show as pending. I see when i bought it and it says pending 24 points (as i used gift cards to purchase) but no pending points. i dont see where it would say pending.

@Zolor23 Yes, pricematching can be done at purchase in-store or by a called in online order. You may also pricematch with 15 days if Best Buy drops their price. Check with your credit card company if they can also do pricematching. On my Visa card, they offer a 60 day pricematch guarantee if I call in, fill out a form, and mail them my receipt with a competitor's Ad.

[quote name='ZmanGold3000']im not a big price matcher. How does it work? take tomb raider for example if i pre order from BB and frys has it for 50. and i pay the full amount online at BB.com before pick up. And i go and pick it up, they would then refund me 10 dollars?

Also about the DS3 points, where does it show as pending. I see when i bought it and it says pending 24 points (as i used gift cards to purchase) but no pending points. i dont see where it would say pending.[/QUOTE]
The only way to pricematch Fry's on pre-order would be to pre-order the game in-store and put $5 or more down. When you pickup the game on Tuesday or within 7 days you can pricematch Fry's current price when you pay for the game.

My Dead Space 3 rewards came in recently and they posted as below purchased in full with a gift card.
Total Points Earned with this transaction
  • Purchases 0
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 0
  • Dead Space 3: Limited Edition 1000 (this part randomly appeared after I got the 1000 points)

[quote name='usagi']@Zolor23 Yes, pricematching can be done at purchase in-store or by a called in online order. You may also pricematch with 15 days if Best Buy drops their price. Check with your credit card company if they can also do pricematching. On my Visa card, they offer a 60 day pricematch guarantee if I call in, fill out a form, and mail them my receipt with a competitor's Ad.

The only way to pricematch Fry's on pre-order would be to pre-order the game in-store and put $5 or more down. When you pickup the game on Tuesday or within 7 days you can pricematch Fry's current price when you pay for the game.

My Dead Space 3 rewards came in recently and they posted as below purchased in full with a gift card.
Total Points Earned with this transaction
  • Purchases 0
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 0
  • Dead Space 3: Limited Edition 1000 (this part randomly appeared after I got the 1000 points)
[/QUOTE]

Or, you can PM on the phone at the time of pre-ordering.

^ Is that new because Best Buy reps on the forum said they don't price match prices for items that are not physically available? It's probably YMMV for PMing pre-orders.

[quote name='usagi']^ Is that new because Best Buy reps on the forum said they don't price match prices for items that are not physically available? It's probably YMMV for PMing pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I didn't see that post by the BB reps, so you could be right. Have reps confirmed that your method will work?

^ Check the thread below on contacting the Best Buy forum reps to get your pre-order codes.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-Preorder-Codes/td-p/657357

[quote name='Zolor23']I'm not sure. I didn't see that post by the BB reps, so you could be right. Have reps confirmed that your method will work?[/QUOTE]
Here's an old thread, it basically says Best Buy pricematches items that are available to be purchased at the moment. Pre-orders are more like a reservation and you pay when the product is in-store or shipped.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Lollipop-Chainsaw-Pre-Order-Price-Match/td-p/521510

The reps haven't confirmed my method listed, but that's all can think of for now because of the new policy. The policy being PM only at the time of purchase for an item or within 15 days if the price drops at Best Buy. If your planning pricematch Fry's just check if it's a weekly deal and not a pre-order sale.

[quote name='nbballard']Did anyone get their MGR:R pre-order code? I just looked at it's not showing on my transactions for this week yet.[/QUOTE]

Code or points? Code is e-mailed and/or on your pickup receipt. It won't show in your RZ account.

I can't find it at the moment, but I thought I saw someone mention that the $5 preorder deposit not being credited on the purchase receipt. Anyone still having that problem?

I now have a handful of purchases with the issue, including my crysis and metal gear pickups. Even though it clearly states "deposit paid: 5.00" on the left column of the receipt, there is no deduction on the right column, and the total paid on actual purchase date is 60+tax.

The CSR even asks for 55+tax, and they've shown me it on their screen, and their credit card reader displays 55 while processing the transaction, but once they hit total it jumps back up to the 60+tax, and charges the 60+tax to my cc.

At this point, I'm hoping I can just return the $5 preorder itself once the 1000 RZ points post to my account, but idk lol. Any other ideas?

The new PM policy requires you to do it at time of purchase if you're matching with a competitor. In order to do that you have to pre-order in-store.

Doing an online order would require you to call into customer service on date of release which is not considered a pre-order. You also can't price match a pre-order, I have confirmed this with Kyle. I have even tried it myself and a rep tried to put it through but system rejected it since it can't do a refund on what is a pending charge that has not completed.

[quote name='godsmack13']I can't find it at the moment, but I thought I saw someone mention that the $5 preorder deposit not being credited on the purchase receipt. Anyone still having that problem?

I now have a handful of purchases with the issue, including my crysis and metal gear pickups. Even though it clearly states "deposit paid: 5.00" on the left column of the receipt, there is no deduction on the right column, and the total paid on actual purchase date is 60+tax.

The CSR even asks for 55+tax, and they've shown me it on their screen, and their credit card reader displays 55 while processing the transaction, but once they hit total it jumps back up to the 60+tax, and charges the 60+tax to my cc.

At this point, I'm hoping I can just return the $5 preorder itself once the 1000 RZ points post to my account, but idk lol. Any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

They aren't doing something right. I know my total would be 64.98 (or close to that) without the $5 taken out. I have not been dinged for it yet. (At either of the 2 best buys I frequent) so that is the good news.

I know when they total it, it just back up but they do something else to drop it back down to the real price with tax included. Remember, tax is applied to the full amount of 59.99. (Threw me off for a second when I first looked at the total.)

[quote name='htz']The new PM policy requires you to do it at time of purchase if you're matching with a competitor. In order to do that you have to pre-order in-store.

Doing an online order would require you to call into customer service on date of release which is not considered a pre-order. You also can't price match a pre-order, I have confirmed this with Kyle. I have even tried it myself and a rep tried to put it through but system rejected it since it can't do a refund on what is a pending charge that has not completed.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks!

The problem is...will the Fry's price last until the day I pick it up? I can see them raising the price back up after release.

[quote name='Zolor23']Nice. Thanks!

The problem is...will the Fry's price last until the day I pick it up? I can see them raising the price back up after release.[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone can answer that unless they work at Frys. It seems 50/50 to me based on the past. You could always cancel the pre-order if you do it in-store.

Stryder, yea, that's what I'm figuring, especially since I've had to do the pickups at customer service instead of my normal gaming reps lately.

Odd thing is, we did 3 DS3 preorders with the wife's, kid's and my RZ accounts, and I picked up all 3 at the same time, all with the same CSR. Did the wife's and kid's first, both rang up correctly, but when doing mine last it didn't. So she did it right twice, but not the third and final time.

My 1000 points for DS3 still posted today, so I guess I will be trying to return that $5 preorder when I can get by there.

Hmm, switched to this alternate mobile view posted in the op, so I can see the op correctly, and there's no quote, edit or page down buttons. Bummer.

sorry if this has already been answered...

my gamers unlocked expires in march... i'm not sure if i'm going to renew.... if i preoder South Park before my membership expires will I still be eligible for the $20 RZ certificate?

[quote name='canvasch']sorry if this has already been answered...

my gamers unlocked expires in march... i'm not sure if i'm going to renew.... if i preoder South Park before my membership expires will I still be eligible for the $20 RZ certificate?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know the answer to this. Mine will expire on March 4th, but I have Ascension pre-ordered and figure I wouldn't renew until early late March/early April.

[quote name='canvasch']sorry if this has already been answered...

my gamers unlocked expires in march... i'm not sure if i'm going to renew.... if i preoder South Park before my membership expires will I still be eligible for the $20 RZ certificate?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eXiON']I would also like to know the answer to this. Mine will expire on March 4th, but I have Ascension pre-ordered and figure I wouldn't renew until early late March/early April.[/QUOTE]

You have to be an active member at the time of shipment/pickup to qualify for the cert.

I just noticed my Metal Gear didn't show up under my Reward Zone account, and it's been about 9 days and on the site it says to let them know if it's been past 5, if I have to let them know about it will this affect the $20 bonus I should get with it?

[quote name='MoCiWe']I just noticed my Metal Gear didn't show up under my Reward Zone account, and it's been about 9 days and on the site it says to let them know if it's been past 5, if I have to let them know about it will this affect the $20 bonus I should get with it?[/QUOTE]

What?

No.

Use the missing point thing on MyRewardZone before you contact help. Then wait a day. If it doesn't show up after that then call or email.

[quote name='StryderOmega']What?

No.

Use the missing point thing on MyRewardZone before you contact help. Then wait a day. If it doesn't show up after that then call or email.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant, on the website it says you should report purchases if they don't show up after 5 days, sorry about any confusion, was just curious if doing that was going to affect the 20$ bonus or not.

I tried the missing points route with Metal Gear and it told me this purchase has been applied when it clearly hasn't. Then I call Best Buy and this clueless lady tells me that I can't get the bonus if I use a gift card. I called back and got a dude who was super cool and he took care of business.

My MGRR transaction is pending, but there's no mention of the pre-order promo. I know I'm a member and what not. Is this the same problem others are having, or will it show up later? Might just give CS a call over the weekend to get it squared away.

I need to figure out which games to use the Certs I got from last promo on. I guess God of War, BioShock, and something else.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']My MGRR transaction is pending, but there's no mention of the pre-order promo. I know I'm a member and what not. Is this the same problem others are having, or will it show up later? Might just give CS a call over the weekend to get it squared away.

I need to figure out which games to use the Certs I got from last promo on. I guess God of War, BioShock, and something else.[/QUOTE]Just be patient. My DS3 transaction appeared then "cleared" without the 1000 RZ points showing, but they showed up earlier this week out of nowhere. Only start to worry if the points still haven't appeared 30-35 days after you picked up the game.

[quote name='chuckwagon']I tried the missing points route with Metal Gear and it told me this purchase has been applied when it clearly hasn't. Then I call Best Buy and this clueless lady tells me that I can't get the bonus if I use a gift card. I called back and got a dude who was super cool and he took care of business.[/QUOTE]

oh boy...

Metal Gear won't fully post until 30-35 days from the day you picked up the game. You should have waited until the last week of March. You got a manual adjustment and when the preorder bonus points automatically clear you'll end up getting another $20 cert. You're about to steal from Best Buy. Cool story bro. This point has been beaten like a dead horse in this thread yet you either lack the patience as the T&C clearly state or you didn't bother to read the thread before you posted.

As for the missing transaction, I spoke to a knowledgable CS rep a year ago and she had explained to me that the RZ site has two interfaces. There is an internal one that keeps track of everything (consider this a master version) and a customer service version which is the one that we all log online to view. Although it's stupid, the systems are not always current with each other. This explains why some of you that think you have missing transactions on your RZ site, get the "transaction already exists on your RZ account" message whenever you attempt to use the "report missing transactions" function. The master server has the transaction already recorded, while the customer version may not (temporarily). As long as you add your RZ account at the POS (or have it attached to your online acccount profile), the master server will always have the transaction properly saved.

My Dead Space 3 preorder was not on my RZ site for weeks but now it's showing. The preorder points are not showing either but I'm not worried at all. I'm patient. Ugh, I feel like I need to tell people to be more patient and add it to my sig now or something.

[quote name='Donut2922']oh boy...

Metal Gear won't fully post until 30-35 days from the day you picked up the game. You should have waited until the last week of March. You got a manual adjustment and when the preorder bonus points automatically clear you'll end up getting another $20 cert. You're about to steal from Best Buy. Cool story bro. This point has been beaten like a dead horse in this thread yet you either lack the patience as the T&C clearly state or you didn't bother to read the thread before you posted.

As for the missing transaction, I spoke to a knowledgable CS rep a year ago and she had explained to me that the RZ site has two interfaces. There is an internal one that keeps track of everything (consider this a master version) and a customer service version which is the one that we all log online to view. Although it's stupid, the systems are not always current with each other. This explains why some of you that think you have missing transactions on your RZ site, get the "transaction already exists on your RZ account" message whenever you attempt to use the "report missing transactions" function. The master server has the transaction already recorded, while the customer version may not (temporarily). As long as you add your RZ account at the POS (or have it attached to your online acccount profile), the master server will always have the transaction properly saved.

My Dead Space 3 preorder was not on my RZ site for weeks but now it's showing. The preorder points are not showing either but I'm not worried at all. I'm patient. Ugh, I feel like I need to tell people to be more patient and add it to my sig now or something.[/QUOTE]

No, you are wrong. You're transactions show up a few days after they are made. The 1000 bonus points don't show pending until about 3 weeks later, then are posted about the 35 day mark. Don't say I'm stealing when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. And, no, I did not get a manual adjustment. It was genuine f up at the store level that caused my problem and I wouldn't have known if I didn't call.

The lady at the counter f'd up and voided the transaction on mine and the manager had to redo it. That's what I found out by CALLING!

[quote name='chuckwagon']No, you are wrong. You're transactions show up a few days after they are made. The 1000 bonus points don't show pending until about 3 weeks later, then are posted about the 35 day mark. Don't say I'm stealing when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. And, no, I did not get a manual adjustment. It was genuine f up at the store level that caused my problem and I wouldn't have known if I didn't call.[/QUOTE]

No, you're still the one that is wrong. Your transactions can take up to 5 days to show up.

"Purchases usually appear within five days of your transaction date. If you don't see your purchase,please complete the form below. Check back in 3-4 business days to see your updated account."

Straight from the site. If you reported missing points and was told the transaction was already applied, guess what? There was no "f up" and you were fine but instead decided to freak and call. If they "took care of business" as you say, that means they gave you 1000 points. Which also means that when your real points post, you just stole $20 from them. So kudos to you.

[quote name='chuckwagon']No, you are wrong. You're transactions show up a few days after they are made. The 1000 bonus points don't show pending until about 3 weeks later, then are posted about the 35 day mark. Don't say I'm stealing when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. And, no, I did not get a manual adjustment. It was genuine f up at the store level that caused my problem and I wouldn't have known if I didn't call.[/QUOTE]

No he is right. It can take up to 35 days to post/clear.

There are instances, however, where the client side of the server doesn't show it.

Didn't show my transaction for my iPhone 5 purchase last year. (Still doesn't) and I never recieved the points for it. However when logging into the mobile app it did show it, but never transitioned to the MyRewardZone website.

Seems like the mobile app may be a direct connect to the master server. If you can ever get it to work.

Maybe I wasn't clear. My transaction was not done properly at the store level. I would not have found this out if I didn't "freak out" and call. The chick that checked me out messed up the transaction and voided it and redone it thereby messing up my preorder status. You keyboard cops are so quick to demonize people. I was not going to get my 1,000 points because of this person's screw up.

[quote name='aircobra']No, you're still the one that is wrong. Your transactions can take up to 5 days to show up.

"Purchases usually appear within five days of your transaction date. If you don't see your purchase,please complete the form below. Check back in 3-4 business days to see your updated account."

Straight from the site. If you reported missing points and was told the transaction was already applied, guess what? There was no "f up" and you were fine but instead decided to freak and call. If they "took care of business" as you say, that means they gave you 1000 points. Which also means that when your real points post, you just stole $20 from them. So kudos to you.[/QUOTE]

I don't take kindly to being called a thief.

[quote name='diplo']Will BBY still price match Fry's even though there's no Fry's in my area?[/QUOTE]

As per the new policy that starts on the 3rd, yes they will match frys.com BUT only the day you buy the item, not post purchase.

[quote name='diplo']Will BBY still price match Fry's even though there's no Fry's in my area?[/QUOTE]
Best Buy should PM frys.com, but that's if they follow the new PM policy starting next week. I hope they do because the $10off deal on Tomb raider is probably the best PM to do next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back