Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
The $5 pre-order not being credited to purchase sounds like what I have for MGR and Crysis 3. Still have the receipt? Shows the $5 pre-order on the left side with the line items, but not deducted on the right after total with the payment type?

As for the limit 1 pricematch, we sure they're not talking about buying multiples at one time via PM?

"yea, I'd like to buy these 6 copies of Crysis 3, and PM them all to GS for $39.99"
"ugh, nope, 1 pm only, sorry"

I'm probably wrong, but thats more how it read to me :wall:

[quote name='godsmack13']The $5 pre-order not being credited to purchase sounds like what I have for MGR and Crysis 3. Still have the receipt? Shows the $5 pre-order on the left side with the line items, but not deducted on the right after total with the payment type?

As for the limit 1 pricematch, we sure they're not talking about buying multiples at one time via PM?

"yea, I'd like to buy these 6 copies of Crysis 3, and PM them all to GS for $39.99"
"ugh, nope, 1 pm only, sorry"

I'm probably wrong, but thats more how it read to me :wall:[/QUOTE]
Looks to me Best Buy has it covered on both ends with the way they phrased it. You can still ask a BB connector on the best buy forums if you want a concrete answer relating to the limit.

This is a really long thread, and I can't read through it all, but I've got a question... Best Buy screwed up my pre-orders and managed to charge me twice for Crysis 3, and didn't ring me up for Tomb Raider. I picked up Crysis, and only got one copy, but according to the receipt, I didn't pre-order Tomb Raider. If I order it now, is there any way I can get the $20 credit?

[quote name='Omatsei']This is a really long thread, and I can't read through it all, but I've got a question... Best Buy screwed up my pre-orders and managed to charge me twice for Crysis 3, and didn't ring me up for Tomb Raider. I picked up Crysis, and only got one copy, but according to the receipt, I didn't pre-order Tomb Raider. If I order it now, is there any way I can get the $20 credit?[/QUOTE]
You are no longer eligible UNLESS you ask Emmit for his DeLoreon. Sorry dude.

[quote name='Omatsei']This is a really long thread, and I can't read through it all, but I've got a question... Best Buy screwed up my pre-orders and managed to charge me twice for Crysis 3, and didn't ring me up for Tomb Raider. I picked up Crysis, and only got one copy, but according to the receipt, I didn't pre-order Tomb Raider. If I order it now, is there any way I can get the $20 credit?[/QUOTE]

This is a very bad situation as you have no proof you wanted to preorder TR.

You can try the mods at the BBY forums but I don't think that they can help with this situation. But hey never hurts to try.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']You are no longer eligible UNLESS you ask Emmit for his DeLoreon. Sorry dude.[/QUOTE]

Damn. It would have been really nice if they would have told me that I had 2 copies of Crysis 3 pre-ordered when I picked one copy up. Then I would have realized they didn't ring me up for Tomb Raider, and I could have fixed this 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='Omatsei']Damn. It would have been really nice if they would have told me that I had 2 copies of Crysis 3 pre-ordered when I picked one copy up. Then I would have realized they didn't ring me up for Tomb Raider, and I could have fixed this 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

you could always ask the manager at bestbuy, you won't be able to get the 1000 points from the system but maybe they will be able to do something for you, doens't hurt to ask.

[quote name='Evolved']With the new policy is there any point in continuing the $20 cert deals?[/QUOTE]
If you want to do the old deal where you PM a game down to $39.99 or lower and keep the $20 cert, you would need to use your credit card's price guarantee policy. Check your credit cards terms and see if they have anything like a Price Guarantee or Price Match policy. The process is more difficult than a Best Buy PM, but at least you might have this option.

If you have such a policy, it follows as below with some variations
1) Call credit card and ask for PM
2) Fill out forms
3) Mail forms with receipt and physical ad of competitors lower price(YMMV on online prices)
4) Get a check in the mail for the price difference.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Anyone pm crysis for 40 $ at gamestop over the phone yet ?[/QUOTE]
I just did it about 15 minutes ago. No issues with it, except I got disconnected after they redirected the call to the Video game department the first call.

Ok I'll repost my pertinent information to the affected cags on here again:

Regarding missing transactions -

I talked to a very knowledgable CS rep over a year ago about my concern with some of my transactions that were not showing up on my RZ site. She explained to me that the Reward Zone has 2 interfaces:

1. An internal master version
2. An external customer version

As stupid as it sounds, they are not always up to date with each other. The internal master server is well maintained. The external customer interface has issues displaying every transaction now and then. However, it is STILL LINKED to the master interface. This is why whenever you attempt to report your transactions on the external interface, the site will prompt you with a message stating the "transaction has already been applied to your account" even though the transaction may not be showing up on the RZ site. As long as you included your RZ account at the time of purchase/order, your information will ALWAYS be saved. As proof, I brought up a specific transaction on a receipt I had that wasn't showing on the external interface but she said she was able to see it on her end just fine. More importantly, the RZ points go off of the master database, not the external one.

So in summary stop worrying about your bonus points. The BBY forum mods even stated that they've been told that the "Victory Can Be Preordered" promo points may not be showing as pending this year like it was last year. The points will still clear after the 35 days. Most likely they will post after 30 days to reflect the returns period limitation and less likely another 5 days since their site's T&C state transactions may take up to 5 days to post.

So nobody should bother mentioning Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising, or even Dead Space 3 for awhile now. The 35 days have not passed. Dead Space shouldn't clear until next week. So unless you and the employee forgot to scan your RZ account at the time of pickup/order, there really isn't enough reason to be concerned about your RZ points just yet.

[quote name='usagi']I just did it about 15 minutes ago. No issues with it, except I got disconnected after they redirected the call to the Video game department the first call.[/QUOTE]

Thanks , I got disconnected twice myself didn't have time to call again so i was wondering if they were giving people a hard time .

Does anyone know if I'm able to exchange my pre-ordered unopened regular Tomb Raider towards the Collector's Edition and not lose out on the $20 bonus? I know I should have just ordered that one to begin with but you know, sometimes we make mistakes. My store has a decent amount of the Collector's Editions but I had the original shipped to me if that matters. I wouldn't think it would be a problem but was hoping someone had first-hand experience with a similar situation.

I get so pissed with there 20 dollar program. I have pre-ordered 3 games and never got any money. I have to call and bitch about it and finally I get my points. Pre-ordered Dead Space 3 and a month later nothing

[quote name='Kezmer']I get so pissed with there 20 dollar program. I have pre-ordered 3 games and never got any money. I have to call and bitch about it and finally I get my points. Pre-ordered Dead Space 3 and a month later nothing[/QUOTE]

It hasn't even been 30 days yet for Dead Space 3.

Unrelated, but how did you like the ass kicking the kings put on last night? :p

I called Best Buy and spoke to the store manager. He agreed to hold a copy of Tomb Raider for me, refund my $5 deposit on the second copy of Crysis 3, and take $20 off the cost of Tomb Raider. I figured I'd update everyone, in case someone else is on the fence about pre-ordering from Best Buy, and read this thread and my post was affecting their decision. In the end, it looks like everything's going to work out.

so if i ordered TR on jan 9 and just got it today, and I see nothing pending in myrz. Should I be concerned yet and call or just way longer?

also yes I am gcu

A very basic question and I did read the OP... If I choose to have the pre-order game shipped, do I still qualify the $20 cert? I'm under the impression that you have to pick up the game to qualify...

[quote name='Serpentor']A very basic question and I did read the OP... If I choose to have the pre-order game shipped, do I still qualify the $20 cert? I'm under the impression that you have to pick up the game to qualify...[/QUOTE]

Having it shipped counts as a pick-up for $20 RZ purposes.

[quote name='Serpentor']A very basic question and I did read the OP... If I choose to have the pre-order game shipped, do I still qualify the $20 cert? I'm under the impression that you have to pick up the game to qualify...[/QUOTE]

You can have it shipped and get the $20.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Does anyone know if I'm able to exchange my pre-ordered unopened regular Tomb Raider towards the Collector's Edition and not lose out on the $20 bonus? I know I should have just ordered that one to begin with but you know, sometimes we make mistakes. My store has a decent amount of the Collector's Editions but I had the original shipped to me if that matters. I wouldn't think it would be a problem but was hoping someone had first-hand experience with a similar situation.[/QUOTE]

I did that last year with ME 3. I had the vanilla on pre-order, but ended up picking up the CE in-store. I called their 800 number and they sent out a $20 gift card.

gsr1379

As long as your RZ # was attached to your BestBuy.com account at the time of purchase, I wouldn't worry about it yet. It usually takes a few days from the date of shipment, not from the date you placed the order, to show up on RZ.

[quote name='gsr1379']so if i ordered TR on jan 9 and just got it today, and I see nothing pending in myrz. Should I be concerned yet and call or just way longer?

also yes I am gcu[/QUOTE]
The 35 day wait period for shipped orders start on the day the game arrives at your home. Call in if you feel like it 1-2 weeks into April.

[quote name='Omatsei']Damn. It would have been really nice if they would have told me that I had 2 copies of Crysis 3 pre-ordered when I picked one copy up. Then I would have realized they didn't ring me up for Tomb Raider, and I could have fixed this 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I am sorry for the smartass response, but you should definitely exchange one of those games. Highly doubt you will get the 1,000 points for Tomb Raider, but please keep us posted on your adventure.

[quote name='iduncurr']Woo Price Matched Crysis 3 to Gamestop for $39.99

Now I just need my points to post and I'm golden.[/QUOTE]

So you got a post price match to a competitor? Glad to see that is still possible. Unless of course, you meant you bought it today and price matched at time of purchase? If you got Crysis at release and got the price match I will go tomorrow(I'm silver).

^You can still post price match to a competitor if you made a purchase before or on March 2 because those purchases follow the old PM rules. I just did a post purchase PM for Crysis 3, so I got one more PM to go for Metal Gear Rising unless Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 drop below $39.99.

[quote name='usagi']^You can still post price match to a competitor if you made a purchase before or on March 2 because those purchases follow the old PM rules. I just did a post purchase PM for Crysis 3, so I got one more PM to go for Metal Gear Rising unless Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 drop below $39.99.[/QUOTE]
OK thanks for the clarification

Also just got my Crysis 3 PM - the rep I talked to said that a lot of people have been calling for that PM today and I was his second in a row :lol:

I am deciding whether i should get Last of Us, .... decisions...decisions... any input

and i do, is the survival edition worth it?

Paid for crysis 3 entirely in gift cards. Between getting 20 back in PM and the rz cert, it only cost me 20!

Now will use that 40 to get tomb raider or metal gear rising once it goes on sale for 39.99

i decided to order regular edition of last of us, since it's suppose to include dlc that's also in the survival edition.

.. wait -- i don't see the dlc listed on bestbuy site, sony said the dlc will be for all pre-orders through any retailer, and bestbuy was one of them.

i hope to get the dlc

I wasn't able to price match Crysis 3 to Gamestop's 39.99 price, because they don't list it as the Hunter Edition. So I asked to match Amazon.com instead, as they have it for the same price and the picture shows the Hunter Edition.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']my metal gear/crysis still hasn't posted yet.. even for the regular points

is that happening to others too?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Seems like anyone that got anything ont he 19th wont show on the user end but shows on their end. I bought Game of Thrones season 2 on that same day ina different transaction and its not showing either but they told me that both of my items show as pending on their end.

[quote name='nuuuuj']So here's an interesting situation... pre-ordered both Crysis and MGR. Picked them up on the same day, together on one receipt.

Transaction is listed as pending. Detail shows base points (for both), unlocked double points (for both), and MGR bonus all pending, but not Crysis bonus. Anyone else pickup two pre-orders together and have a similar issue?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ky151']I picked up MGR and Crysis in the same transaction and my point details are the same as yours.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. So here's the update, the transaction cleared out of pending last night. Got the MGR bonus, no bonus for Crysis.

Called and got my Crysis PMd. Now if only the 2/19 purchase and bonus points would show up.

FYI, Crysis 3 trade-in is $15 right now ($30 w/100% bonus). Now I gotta run over there and trade this turd in. So $10 out of pocket got me a copy of Crysis 1, $20 in certs, and the joy of playing this crappy ass game.

So I guess the reviews for GoW: Ascension are starting to roll out. Overall mixed bag I guess. Right now it has a 80/100 on Metacritic. Adam Sesslar of Rev3 gave it a 3/5. I guess there is a section right before the last boss he said was almost impossible for him to complete (took 6 hours) and you are unable to lower difficulty mid game. There is also a Trophy that is causing quite the talk among reviewers. Here is his video review but there may be minor spoilers so beware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjIpPUE8epA&feature=em-uploademail

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']So I guess the reviews for GoW: Ascension are starting to roll out. Overall mixed bag I guess. Right now it has a 79/100 on Metacritic. Adam Sesslar of Rev3 gave it a 3/5. I guess there is a section right before the last boss he said was almost impossible for him to complete (took 6 hours) and you are unable to lower difficulty mid game. There is also a Trophy that is causing quite the talk among reviewers. Here is his video review but there may be minor spoilers so beware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjIpPUE8epA&feature=em-uploademail[/QUOTE]
i am surprise there is no embargo on the review till close to release date

20 minutes wasted at best buy trying to preorder bioshock, couldn't do it. Had to stand next to some chick, prob a CAG or at least an SDer trying to pm tomb raider and other stuff and confusing the hell out of the poor cashier lol. Ugh she was annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back