Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sindur']wanted to let you guys know that the standard edition of tomb raider for ps3 and 360 is on sale for $49.99 on best buy's webiste; post-purchase PM opp for silver members

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960[/QUOTE]Thanks! I had no idea it was on sale, so this is a nice surprise.

However, aren't we limited to one PM per item now according to the new policy? If so, I think I'd rather wait a bit longer for $39.99 or lower to get the most put of the PM...

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks! I had no idea it was on sale, so this is a nice surprise.

However, aren't we limited to one PM per item now according to the new policy? If so, I think I'd rather wait a bit longer for $39.99 or lower to get the most put of the PM...[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, you risk it not getting lower, because you can clearly tell from the page it is a temporily sales drops, instead of a msrp drpp.

[quote name='YBX87']unfortunately, you risk it not getting lower, because you can clearly tell from the page it is a temporily sales drops, instead of a msrp drpp.[/QUOTE]I think that goes without saying; I just think there's a better chance of Tomb Raider being $39.99 within a month compared to other games, especially since SE considers it a relative failure in terms of sales numbers.

Maybe I'm in the wrong here but didn't they state in the new PM policy that they would only PM their own sale price if you bought it within 15 days? TR is way over that 15 day limit.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Maybe I'm in the wrong here but didn't they state in the new PM policy that they would only PM their own sale price if you bought it within 15 days? TR is way over that 15 day limit.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but it only applies to non-premire silver members.

[quote name='Vigilante']I think that goes without saying; I just think there's a better chance of Tomb Raider being $39.99 within a month compared to other games, especially since SE considers it a relative failure in terms of sales numbers.[/QUOTE]

i doubt it, because just look at sleeping dogs,it was a failure in sales number. It took that game took forever to to $30 or below price point.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Maybe I'm in the wrong here but didn't they state in the new PM policy that they would only PM their own sale price if you bought it within 15 days? TR is way over that 15 day limit.[/QUOTE]For Premier Silver members, that doesn't go into effect until sometime in the middle of this month, and even then, I think purchases made before still qualify for the 60-day PM window (albeit only BBY PMs allowed).

[quote name='YBX87']yeah, but it only applies to non-premire silver members.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']For Premier Silver members, that doesn't go into effect until sometime in the middle of this month, and even then, I think purchases made before still qualify for the 60-day PM window (albeit only BBY PMs allowed).[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I'll try and stop by later for a PM then. Thanks for that info guys.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Oh okay, I'll try and stop by later for a PM then. Thanks for that info guys.[/QUOTE]

good luck, the cs rep at my local bb even have a sign up of the new change exchange/ pricematch policy at the customer service desk.

[quote name='YBX87']good luck, the cs rep at my local bb even have a sign up of the new change exchange/ pricematch policy at the customer service desk.[/QUOTE]As long as he shows that he's Premier Silver and that he's still within the 60-day window, he shouldn't have any trouble.

I'd make a ruckus if you do get any trouble, though. :lol:

i just PM'd TR over the phone for my best buy.com purchase. they told me of the new policy, but were quite clear that mine was purchased before the 15 day window for silvers went into effect.

[quote name='Vigilante']As long as he shows that he's Premier Silver and that he's still within the 60-day window, he shouldn't have any trouble.

I'd make a ruckus if you do get any trouble, though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

the best part of it, they even had the sign of no gift cards purchase from the mastercard promo fiasco, that SD abused to death sign at the customer service. I laughed hard everytime i saw it.

Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

[quote name='Donut2922']Silver members - don't forget Kmart has TR for $45 this week.

Last new release title eligible for PM extension will be Injustice.[/QUOTE]That's only relevant if you haven't already bought TR since BBY will no longer PM other retailers post-purchase, Silver or not.

[quote name='Vigilante']That's only relevant if you haven't already bought TR since BBY will no longer PM other retailers post-purchase, Silver or not.[/QUOTE]

completely wrong. pm policy doesn't go into effect until April 19th for Silver members.

edit: i think you meant 'have' instead of 'haven't'

[quote name='honzoh']completely wrong. pm policy doesn't go into effect until April 19th for Silver members.

edit: i think you meant 'have' instead of 'haven't'[/QUOTE]

No he is right. The cut off for being able to PM other retailers post purchase was march 2nd, Tomb Raider was released March 5th.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

I just put in 2 separate preorders for both injustice and dead island for shipping from the website, but they decided to cancel injustice on me for apparently no reason according to the lady on the phone. Now I have to wait 5 days for someone higher up to contact me about it and 3-5 days for my points to be refunded. I really hate dealing with best buy these days.

[quote name='shady520']No he is right. The cut off for being able to PM other retailers post purchase was march 2nd, Tomb Raider was released March 5th.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

I just put in 2 separate preorders for both injustice and dead island for shipping from the website, but they decided to cancel injustice on me for apparently no reason according to the lady on the phone. Now I have to wait 5 days for someone higher up to contact me about it and 3-5 days for my points to be refunded. I really hate dealing with best buy these days.[/QUOTE]

i ran into a similar issue a while back, you better call them after the 5 days period, if they do not contact you, because they will never contact you on their own.

[quote name='shady520']No he is right. The cut off for being able to PM other retailers post purchase was march 2nd, Tomb Raider was released March 5th.[/QUOTE]

As I posted in the Amazon Tomb Raider thread a bit ago:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you preordered using their website before their new price-match policy went into effect in March, yes. In my case, the order showed up as being placed on February 16th, and since I was covered by the previous price match policy, and it was within 60 days, I was able to have them adjust my price to Amazon's $75.99.[/QUOTE]

So, *if* you preordered using the website for either in-store pickup or shipping prior to 3/2, it should still show up in your purchase history as being purchased on the date you originally preordered. As long as that's still within the 60 day window, you should still be able to price match. Worked for me!

So much misinformation about the PM policies... Anyways I was able to PM Kmart's price on TR. I'm pretty good with a manager at my store and she was fine w/ it since they completely botched my original pickup of the game.

If you do try to PM, don't demand them to PM competitors. It's solely a YMMV thing. $50 BBY price is the safest bet for Premier Silver members.

[quote name='shady520']No he is right. The cut off for being able to PM other retailers post purchase was march 2nd, Tomb Raider was released March 5th.

I just put in 2 separate preorders for both injustice and dead island for shipping from the website, but they decided to cancel injustice on me for apparently no reason according to the lady on the phone. Now I have to wait 5 days for someone higher up to contact me about it and 3-5 days for my points to be refunded. I really hate dealing with best buy these days.[/QUOTE]

the link and what Jimmie said is silent as to post purchase price match to competitors though. Its unclear.

I guess if that is all we had to go off of then I would say we can't do it.

No, that date ONLY effects NON-SILVER members. SILVER members only become affected on April 19th.

"Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?
Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013."

However, in the case of Tomb Raider, several cag's (including myself) price matched Amazon back when it went on sale for 1 day, YMMV on a successful PM but if you pre-ordered the game before March 2nd you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just dropping in to say that I was able to PM Tomb Raider with Kmart ad ($44.99). I just had to point out I am a silver member and they said yeah you are good until the 18th of this month for the PM. They verified the price on their computer and did a price over ride thereafter. No problems. BTW, Amazon also has TR for $45.99 in case anyone has to pick and choose.

[quote name='honzoh']No, that date ONLY effects NON-SILVER members. SILVER members only become affected on April 19th.[/QUOTE]

No. From that link lower on the page:

"Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?
Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013."

The ability to price match OTHER RETAILERS POST PURCHASE ended March 3rd. You can only PM other retailers at the time of purchase, unless you luck out and someone bends the rule for some reason.

[quote name='shady520']No. From that link lower on the page:

The ability to price match OTHER RETAILERS POST PURCHASE ended March 3rd. You can only PM other retailers at the time of purchase, unless you luck out and someone bends the rule for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Post purchase pricematching does still apply to purchases before March 3, but only to local competitor prices(B&M).
Price match policy for purchases before March 3

I think they changed the part about Post purchase pricematching for the policy linked for online retailers.
Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites. Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases.

[quote name='Mako1215']So Silver is going to be 15 days also?!?![/QUOTE]

As per policy, yes. Depends on the store manager however as Silvers do have a 60 day return/exchange window. Essentially a really long way of PMing. However, there are draw backs to the return rebuy process. (90 day ban will be given to abusers systemically from returning products).

Well, looks like I'm going to try PMing Kmart's $44.99 price for TR. If it doesn't work, I'll have BBY's $49.99 price as a backup option.

im silver but guy said i could only match 49.99 bestbuy price. im not complaining. thanx cag. also got all the trophies in bioshock infinite except handyman heart kill, collectibles and 1999 mode, so i think im gonna flip that for 43... i got season pass tho, so, lol, idk...
now from that great game to some shitty walking dead game for free trophies...

[quote name='Velo214']im silver but guy said i could only match 49.99 bestbuy price. im not complaining. thanx cag. also got all the trophies in bioshock infinite except handyman heart kill, collectibles and 1999 mode, so i think im gonna flip that for 43... i got season pass tho, so, lol, idk...
now from that great game to some shitty walking dead game for free trophies...[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty much the trophies I was missing after my first playthrough, but I finished the entire game for a platinum in about 5 days. really loved the game. I don't get rid of my games, so that isn't really an option for me. I too also got the Season Pass. I can't wait to see what they do with the story.

Also, for some reason Prima Games asked me to write an article with some tips and my experience about getting it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Those are pretty much the trophies I was missing after my first playthrough, but I finished the entire game for a platinum in about 5 days. really loved the game. I don't get rid of my games, so that isn't really an option for me. I too also got the Season Pass. I can't wait to see what they do with the story.

Also, for some reason Prima Games asked me to write an article with some tips and my experience about getting it.[/QUOTE]I don't get rid of the games I really love, so I think I'll be keeping Bioshock Infinite, thank you very much. :D

Congrats on getting noticed by Prima...I guess? It's a good thing, right? :???:

Based on how much I'm loving BI, I'm tempted to just get the $19.99 Season Pass from GS (I have more credit there than at BBY right now), since I have a hard time imagining the DLC will disappoint.

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't get rid of the games I really love, so I think I'll be keeping Bioshock Infinite, thank you very much. :D

Congrats on getting noticed by Prima...I guess? It's a good thing, right? :???:

Based on how much I'm loving BI, I'm tempted to just get the $19.99 Season Pass from GS (I have more credit there than at BBY right now), since I have a hard time imagining the DLC will disappoint.[/QUOTE]
the only thing i can say i love about GS is, when i use my credit to make purchases, i do not get taxed. LOL

[quote name='Velo214']im silver but guy said i could only match 49.99 bestbuy price. im not complaining. thanx cag. also got all the trophies in bioshock infinite except handyman heart kill, collectibles and 1999 mode, so i think im gonna flip that for 43... i got season pass tho, so, lol, idk...
now from that great game to some shitty walking dead game for free trophies...[/QUOTE]

Where are you flipping for 43?

I feel the same way about Infinite that I did about Metal Gear Solid 4. Everybody seems to love it and I don't understand why. I haven't actually got around to finishing Infinite but will that really change my opinion if I'm 3/4 of the way through? It's a pretty good game but not "OMG GOTY" to me. Hell, I enjoyed Tomb Raider a lot more than Infinite thus far.

[quote name='Killbomb']I feel the same way about Infinite that I did about Metal Gear Solid 4. Everybody seems to love it and I don't understand why. I haven't actually got around to finishing Infinite but will that really change my opinion if I'm 3/4 of the way through? It's a pretty good game but not "OMG GOTY" to me. Hell, I enjoyed Tomb Raider a lot more than Infinite thus far.[/QUOTE]

That's how I felt with Red Dead and LA Noire when people were going batshit over it.

I originally thought the same when Bioshock 1 came out, but after struggling through the parts I found extremely boring, halfway thru was actually when it started to grow on me.

Season pass still works if you rebuy the game on down the line ;)

[quote name='Killbomb']I feel the same way about Infinite that I did about Metal Gear Solid 4. Everybody seems to love it and I don't understand why. I haven't actually got around to finishing Infinite but will that really change my opinion if I'm 3/4 of the way through? It's a pretty good game but not "OMG GOTY" to me. Hell, I enjoyed Tomb Raider a lot more than Infinite thus far.[/QUOTE]

It will change it some. The middle part is pretty lackluster as its run to here then back here with little actually story progress. Closer to the end it starts to pull things together.

I'd liken it to bioshock 1 before getting to Ryan. You kind are just running around doing stuff. Then the story starts to pull itself together.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It will change it some. The middle part is pretty lackluster as its run to here then back here with little actually story progress. Closer to the end it starts to pull things together.

I'd liken it to bioshock 1 before getting to Ryan. You kind are just running around doing stuff. Then the story starts to pull itself together.[/QUOTE]

Now everyone, 'Would you kindly' keep the topic on track? Thanks!

yeah i know season pass works down the line. i just have so many games and i dont want to run right into 1999 mode. I think 43 is best im gonna get, that's only $2 credit lost and that's if bestbuy doesn't drop price at all. iv still got tomb raider, etc to get through.

does anyone know if all bioshock infinites will have bioshock 1 included, or is that just 1st runs? thanks all

Booyah, I was able to PM Kmart's $44.99 price thanks to an awesome BBY employee! He said he wasn't technically supposed to do the PM, but since I "come in all the time", he went ahead and did it. \\:D/

I agree that Bioshock is amazing. Dont trade it in! There is still plenty of DLC to come! I got my 1000 as well from the game, since I get more achievements than I do trophies.

@Stryder. I agree with you about Red Dead and LA Noire. After playing those and GTA, I officially started avoiding them (Rockstar). Feels like the same boring game in a different setting with every game. They should try making good gameplay and fix the controls.

On topic: My 2000 Bioshock points are still pending. Hoping they stay but I expect them to disappear when the 1000 points post.

Any Day 1 deals out there on Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'd really like to find it somewhere for $50. This might be the last game I buy on Day 1 for a long time now that Best Buy's policy will change on the 19th for Silver members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back