Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link to the official Bioshock Infinite FAQ on the Industrial Revolution DLC. For some reason the URL tool isn't working on my end on the mobile site:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?170866-Official-BioShock-Infinite-Industrial-Revolution-Information-Thread-and-F-A-Q

Looks like you need to redeem an Industrial Revolution code first before being able to redeem the sniper rifle.

[quote name='Corvin']Been on the phone with BB for 30 minutes over this Crysis 3 shit. Got the stock email saying it was invalid because I used a GC/RZCert. Fighting tooth and nail over this bullshit. Directed the lady to the forum FAQ and she still won't do shit. Won't hand me over to a supervisor, and only wants to deny me or open another ticket.

She said the FAQ doesn't apply. And for future reference that the promo won't apply if I use a GC/RZCert. What a bunch of bs.

Supposed to pick up Bioshock tomorrow and had planned on using RZ certs but hell, I don't know if I want to go through this again.

Kianda was my CS rep so avoid her.

*edit - well after 35 minutes of me not getting off the phone she finally relented and gave me the 1000 points. A "one time doing me a favor" type thing. I'm still having her supervisor call me back.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Not looking forward to this. As my Crysis is also completely missing.

And she was full of it. I used RZ/GC on TR and MGR but not Crysis and that's the one I'm not getting points on.

Would you guys say calling CS is better than dealing with the bby forum?

Anyone know when I preordered Bioshock Infinite on last Thursday online, store pickup wasn't available? It was available for MH3 Ultimate.

[quote name='Corvin']Been on the phone with BB for 30 minutes over this Crysis 3 shit. Got the stock email saying it was invalid because I used a GC/RZCert. Fighting tooth and nail over this bullshit. Directed the lady to the forum FAQ and she still won't do shit. Won't hand me over to a supervisor, and only wants to deny me or open another ticket.

She said the FAQ doesn't apply. And for future reference that the promo won't apply if I use a GC/RZCert. What a bunch of bs.

Supposed to pick up Bioshock tomorrow and had planned on using RZ certs but hell, I don't know if I want to go through this again.

Kianda was my CS rep so avoid her.

*edit - well after 35 minutes of me not getting off the phone she finally relented and gave me the 1000 points. A "one time doing me a favor" type thing. I'm still having her supervisor call me back.[/QUOTE]

That is total fuck bs. I paid all of my God of War CE except for 4.99 of it with certs and I still got the pre-order bonus. This is why when ever I have a problem I go to their forums for help now. If that supervisor ever calls you back, give em a ear full, maybe you'll get an free cert or two because that isn't right.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I complained about my metal gear rising and crysis 3 points not showing up, even the regular points aren't there. All the points for that day aren't there. They could see the purchase but they said I was correct that I wasn't awarded points for it.

they told me they submitted a ticket and they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks?? :shock:[/QUOTE]

I called today because it was 35 days. I could see the pre-order of $10 but not the purchase. They issued the certificate for $40 said it would take 48 hours but it popped up in my email in 5 minutes.

Then I got transferred to match the BB.Com price of $39.99 which they happily did. No such luck on MGR:R match of Amazon.com

I am pretty sure i already know the answer to this but i never have preordered a game from Best Buy before so i dont know.

I preordered Bioshock Infinite a few weeks ago and i just received the "Order Ready for Pickup" email, and the order page on bb.com also says that it is ready for pickup. Is there any chance that they would actually allow me to pick it up tonight?

[quote name='macontosh2000']I am pretty sure i already know the answer to this but i never have preordered a game from Best Buy before so i dont know.

I preordered Bioshock Infinite a few weeks ago and i just received the "Order Ready for Pickup" email, and the order page on bb.com also says that it is ready for pickup. Is there any chance that they would actually allow me to pick it up tonight?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Also, I would plan on getting there early tomorrow morning as I have had multiple problems with the local stores either not really having the game I ordered if I wait until later in the day or trying to give me damaged collector's editions.

Regarding the Bioshock pre-order bonus:
[quote name='Mugatu']Yes, you need two codes. One is for the mini-game where you can unlock stuff in game and the other is for the Sniper Rifle. At the site they send you to it will ask what platform you'll play on and then enter the code - then it will give you an Xbox Live (or Steam or PSN I would guess) code to enter in on your console/PC to actually unlock the items in game.[/QUOTE]
I received two long codes for the Bioshock website thing but it asks for a name and email address so I didn't proceed further.

Can anyone that redeemed their codes tell me how much personal info they need to give? Can i just use a fake name and a secondary email address that I use for companies that I don't want to receive spam from?

[quote name='Stink_Snake']I called today because it was 35 days. I could see the pre-order of $10 but not the purchase. They issued the certificate for $40 said it would take 48 hours but it popped up in my email in 5 minutes.

Then I got transferred to match the BB.Com price of $39.99 which they happily did. No such luck on MGR:R match of Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

I called and was told I would see them in 3-5days :drool:

[quote name='solidus_00']That is total fuck bs. I paid all of my God of War CE except for 4.99 of it with certs and I still got the pre-order bonus. This is why when ever I have a problem I go to their forums for help now. If that supervisor ever calls you back, give em a ear full, maybe you'll get an free cert or two because that isn't right.[/QUOTE]

True. I actually paid $0.00, using all certificates for the order and I still got my $20 for God Of War.

Sorry, to be coming in with this question so late but I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite for 360 I think about 2 months ago at Best Buy. Was I supposed to get the Industrial Revolution DLC code in my e-mail or on my receipt because I never got anything. I guess I incorrectly assumed I was supposed to get it when I picked up the game but that's not what it sounds like in this thread.

For in store pre-orders, do they actually keep the game behind CS? I preordered Bioshock April of last year in store and I'm not really sure how they handle those. I would assume just take my receipt to CS and they would grab the game.

[quote name='woodcan']Sorry, to be coming in with this question so late but I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite for 360 I think about 2 months ago at Best Buy. Was I supposed to get the Industrial Revolution DLC code in my e-mail or on my receipt because I never got anything. I guess I incorrectly assumed I was supposed to get it when I picked up the game but that's not what it sounds like in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Its supposed to come in your e-mail

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']For in store pre-orders, do they actually keep the game behind CS? I preordered Bioshock April of last year in store and I'm not really sure how they handle those. I would assume just take my receipt to CS and they would grab the game.[/QUOTE]

depends on your store some stores keep them behind CS and some stores will keep them at gaming.

I didn't realize it cost $14.99 to sign up.Considering I would only pre-order GTA 5 after Bioshock:Infinite it really isn't worth it to me.

[quote name='jbar89']I didn't realize it cost $14.99 to sign up.Considering I would only pre-order GTA 5 after Bioshock:Infinite it really isn't worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Also consider the coupons and the 10% boost. Sometimes the coupons are well worth the cost. Even if you only use 2-3 coupons in the entire year it adds up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Also consider the coupons and the 10% boost. Sometimes the coupons are well worth the cost. Even if you only use 2-3 coupons in the entire year it adds up.[/QUOTE]

The 10% used to be able to pay for itself with only a handful of trade-ins back in the day. These days the only real incentive to remain a GCU member is this $20 pre-order promo. The coupons are really hit-or-miss lately, but in the past we have had some amazing ones.

But I do agree that even if you really sign up to pre-order 1-2 games you will make your $15 back with the use of just a few coupons.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Also consider the coupons and the 10% boost. Sometimes the coupons are well worth the cost. Even if you only use 2-3 coupons in the entire year it adds up.[/QUOTE]

I never got the coupons but it paid for itself after the 1st trade-in and then money-maker with my next pre-order and so on

[quote name='doc_j88']Has anyone received their $20 cert for MG:R?

I haven't got it and it's been over 35 days if i'm not mistaken[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow is the 35th day, wait till tomorrow around mid-day.

[quote name='doc_j88']Has anyone received their $20 cert for MG:R?

I haven't got it and it's been over 35 days if i'm not mistaken[/QUOTE]

Yep, if you picked it up on release day, 2/19, it's been 35 days by my calculation. I also didn't get my points so the cashier hosed up my transaction. And they didn't apply my $5 deposit.

Just got off the phone with the silver hotline and they immediately posted 1250 points (1000 for preorder, 250 for misapplied deposit) in my account. Love the silver benefits.

Anyone got their $20 rz certificate for preordering collector's edition games? I'm trying to preorder the last of us survival edition on bestbuy.com, but regular version shows that it qualifies for $20. Survival edition doesn't mention anything about $20 preorder bonus.

Well from what I've seen, the Industrial game in the rewards you start off with certain items and on the top they show you a sniper rifle, so I don't know if that's just a regular sniper or the BB exclusive one. We'll find out tomorrow.

This is from the Industrial Revolution game reward page about the sniper rifle, "Best Buy Exclusive: Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle. Your Best Buy pre-order also comes with Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle. You can get your code for this when you pick up your copy of BioShock Infinite at your local Best Buy!".

[quote name='lwhitit']This is from the Industrial Revolution game reward page about the sniper rifle, "Best Buy Exclusive: Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle. Your Best Buy pre-order also comes with Comstock's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle. You can get your code for this when you pick up your copy of BioShock Infinite at your local Best Buy!".[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the game shipped. I got 2 emails for the IR game, in what I assume was either luck on my part or perhaps something else.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I'm getting the game shipped. I got 2 emails for the IR game, in what I assume was either luck on my part or perhaps something else.[/QUOTE]

I got two as well. And I did it in store. Something must have glitched on their side.

Crap, now I regret canceling my Bioshock preorder, but my GCU membership expired last week. The promo page says that:

If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible.

But when you do an in store pick up order, the transaction is closed and you're already charged. When you do a pickup, can they reopen the order to add a GCU membership?

EDIT: Whoops, thread search said it would be okay even the day after, but suppose I wanted to do it in the same transaction. Is it possible?

EDIT 2: Errrr...I imagine I can just resubcribe in the store, and then initiate a pick up on a later date within the pickup period, but that would require two trips.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I'm getting the game shipped. I got 2 emails for the IR game, in what I assume was either luck on my part or perhaps something else.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I received the first code when i PO, the shipping info this morning (schedule for delivery tomorrow!) and I just received a 2nd code "PreOrder Bonus Bioshock Infinite - Xbox 360". That should be the sniper rifle. Everything has gone perfect so far.

So I got the code for the sniper rifle, but have yet to receive the Industrial Revolution game, am I going to have to call to get it or should I be good still?

So after reading part of the guide I realize now all the pre-order guns are in the game and pretty available so I would not worry too much about it. I am only concerned about my DLC for the 1999 mode since money will be at a premium.

Ah crap, I think my Unlocked subscription ended yesterday. I'm glad I checked before I went to pick up my BioShock pre-order. Stupid bad timing.

Am I reading this right? It doesn't matter that I actually pre-ordered while being a member, I won't get my $20 credit unless I re-up my subscription right?

[quote name='OGHowie']I guess I"ll try PMing Tomb Raider since it is $41.99 on Amazon today. Wonder if it will work?[/QUOTE]

On a previous purchase? Theoretically, no. The 2 week price match is to BB sales only. PMing other stores is only the day of purchase now.

Of course you could get lucky with a clueless employee.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']Ah crap, I think my Unlocked subscription ended yesterday. I'm glad I checked before I went to pick up my BioShock pre-order. Stupid bad timing.

Am I reading this right? It doesn't matter that I actually pre-ordered while being a member, I won't get my $20 credit unless I re-up my subscription right?[/QUOTE]
Affirmative. That's the policy. Makes sense.

Sigh. Always an adventure with Best Buy.
Picked up my Bioshock preorder and now noticed that it charged me 5.00 for my preorder deposit (yes that's right) and charged me for the preorder bonus.

This will be fun to fix. Using 3 RZ certs threw off my internal math. Should have paid more attention.

[quote name='evophile']Sigh. Always an adventure with Best Buy.
Picked up my Bioshock preorder and it now noticed that it charged me 5.00 for my preorder deposit (yes that's right) and charged me for the preorder bonus.

This will be fun to fix. Using 3 RZ certs threw off my internal math. Should have paid more attention.[/QUOTE]

So the Bioshock preorder bonus isn't packaged inside the game right?

I preorder online to avoid issues.

[quote name='Donut2922']So the Bioshock preorder bonus isn't packaged inside the game right?

I preorder online to avoid issues.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a code. I think I'm going to do this route too from now on.

I had an issue with Tomb Raider not taking the $5 off, but this time the transaction charged me $5 on top of not getting it back. Sheesh.

[quote name='evophile']Yeah it was a code. I think I'm going to do this route too from now on.

I had an issue with Tomb Raider not taking the $5 off, but this time the transaction charged me $5 on top of not getting it back. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Instore pickup is truely the way to go with this promo, people seem to have fewer issues when going this route. Also, I can confirm that the Industrial Revolution code is separate from the the Sniper Rifle DLC code. I just got the sniper code emailed to me about twenty minutes after pickup.

[quote name='evophile']Yeah it was a code. I think I'm going to do this route too from now on.

I had an issue with Tomb Raider not taking the $5 off, but this time the transaction charged me $5 on top of not getting it back. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

The in-store $5 preorder deposit not being recognized has been happening since last week.

[quote name='Donut2922']The in-store $5 preorder deposit not being recognized has been happening since last week.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that happened to my preorder of HOTS CE. Used a $5 cert which screwed it up I am pretty sure. Considering the CE was 79.99 plus tax, 5 cert covered most tax, and the 5 should have dropped it to around 74.xx but was charged 80 something. The receipt looks weird as well. However, when paying with a gift card, everything looks normal.

Edit: also I just checked my rwz account and Gears has 2000 points pending. I wonder if its because I did a return/rebuy.

Long story short: gf bought game as surprise online for in store pick up (not preorder), returned it later to a gc to rebuy as my preorder.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Pretty sure that happened to my preorder of HOTS CE. Used a $5 cert which screwed it up I am pretty sure. Considering the CE was 79.99 plus tax, 5 cert covered most tax, and the 5 should have dropped it to around 74.xx but was charged 80 something. The receipt looks weird as well. However, when paying with a gift card, everything looks normal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Tomb Raider def didn't take off my $5 but I didn't notice it because I used RZ certs and it was displayed properly on the receipt.

Regarding Bioshock the $5 showed up as a line item and charged me for it

Any idea if they are adding more games to this promotion? A salesperson at the store told me they were, and at another store they told my friend they were adding more in April. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back