Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evophile']Sigh. Always an adventure with Best Buy.
Picked up my Bioshock preorder and now noticed that it charged me 5.00 for my preorder deposit (yes that's right) and charged me for the preorder bonus.
[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem this morning when I picked up my copy.

The Best Buy employee had to run the purchase through the system a second time to remove the five dollar charge. But now I worry that I might not get the pre-order bonus.

Picked up my Bioshock preorder and now noticed that it charged me 5.00 for my preorder deposit (yes that's right) and charged me for the preorder bonus.

This will be fun to fix. Using 3 RZ certs threw off my internal math. Should have paid more attention.[/QUOTE]
Happened to me also dude. I caught it before I left though. They took care of it via a price match. While I was there, I price matched the limited edition strat guide that amazon has for $22.19. All in all it was a good CAG day.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Had the same problem this morning when I picked up my copy.

The Best Buy employee had to run the purchase through the system a second time to remove the five dollar charge. But now I worry that I might not get the pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]
The bonus should still be on the receipt from the first transaction you did today. If u dont have that receipt, they still should of shot out a email as soon as it was "picked up" with that first trans. So, check your email attached to gamers club

[quote name='Slight Defect']The bonus should still be on the receipt from the first transaction you did today. If u dont have that receipt, they still should of shot out a email as soon as it was "picked up" with that first trans. So, check your email attached to gamers club[/QUOTE]

Haven't received an email yet and I picked it up this morning.

I never received an email for GoW:A but I already have the points pending on my account. Will probably wait a couple of days to see if the points start pending before calling in to see what happened.

Another problem would be not getting the DLC from the pre-order since it wasn't on my receipt and I'm not getting an email...

I ordered my copy of Bioshock to ship but it won't get here until Monday it says. I put my sniper rifle code up to sell on ebay and it sold for $15 buy it now 7 minutes after posting.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Haven't received an email yet and I picked it up this morning.

I never received an email for GoW:A but I already have the points pending on my account. Will probably wait a couple of days to see if the points start pending before calling in to see what happened.

Another problem would be not getting the DLC from the pre-order since it wasn't on my receipt and I'm not getting an email...[/QUOTE]

now that u mention it, I only got the sniper rifle BB bonus, I didn't get industrial revolution. wtf?

[quote name='Corvin']On a previous purchase? Theoretically, no. The 2 week price match is to BB sales only. PMing other stores is only the day of purchase now.

Of course you could get lucky with a clueless employee.[/QUOTE]

Man, this membership is pretty useless now especially since I don't need games on release day.

[quote name='Slight Defect']now that u mention it, I only got the sniper rifle BB bonus, I didn't get industrial revolution. wtf?[/QUOTE]

They emailed me the Industrial Revolution code when I placed my preorder. I then had to go to the Fink Manufacturing site and play through the games there to unlock the XBL code to use in the marketplace. Also, the Fink Manufacturing site didn't give me any kind of pop-up or alert that the code was there. I had to go into the rewards section of it and click through a couple options to get it. Wasn't obvious at all.

Also had the $5 issue when I picked my copy up today. Grabbed the new Strokes album to go with it and my total was over $80. I told the customer service rep it had to be a mistake and they claimed it would charge me the correct total once they ran my card. It didn't, and took them a good 15 minutes to figure out how to make it right afterwards. Hoping they didn't do anything to screw up getting the $20 bonus.

[quote name='maxfisher']They emailed me the Industrial Revolution code when I placed my preorder. I then had to go to the Fink Manufacturing site and play through the games there to unlock the XBL code to use in the marketplace. Also, the Fink Manufacturing site didn't give me any kind of pop-up or alert that the code was there. I had to go into the rewards section of it and click through a couple options to get it. Wasn't obvious at all.

Also had the $5 issue when I picked my copy up today. Grabbed the new Strokes album to go with it and my total was over $80. I told the customer service rep it had to be a mistake and they claimed it would charge me the correct total once they ran my card. It didn't, and took them a good 15 minutes to figure out how to make it right afterwards. Hoping they didn't do anything to screw up getting the $20 bonus.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, I see. Well, I never got the email and at this point, I fell very whatever about it. Enjoy the strokes album, I picked it up also. haha :D

This will be fun to fix. Using 3 RZ certs threw off my internal math. Should have paid more attention.[/QUOTE]

Had the same thing happen to my store today. No one was in gaming and I had to get it done up at instore pickup. Then no one there or a manager could figure out how to do a store pre-order pickup. Sadly I think I overpaid since I gave them $30 in gift cards, $35 in certs and $2 in cash for something that should of been 54.99 with tax. They even forgot to put my rewards zone number on the receipt even though I gave them my phone # several times. When I told them this after the transaction they just said to put the customer service pin onto the rewards zone site and good luck. Since my GC unlock is expiring on April 1st, I was trying to get this done before then. I have no clue now if I will get the $20 pre-order bonus due to this screw up on their side.

[quote name='maxfisher']Also, the Fink Manufacturing site didn't give me any kind of pop-up or alert that the code was there. I had to go into the rewards section of it and click through a couple options to get it. Wasn't obvious at all.[/QUOTE]

Please explain, I finished the puzzles many weeks ago for my PS3 pre-order. I cannot find a place to generate the code...It just says I unlocked the items for the game, I figure it was tied to my account and would auto-unlock when I started the game. If I need to generate a code...no idea how to.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Please explain, I finished the puzzles many weeks ago for my PS3 pre-order. I cannot find a place to generate the code...It just says I unlocked the items for the game, I figure it was tied to my account and would auto-unlock when I started the game. If I need to generate a code...no idea how to.[/QUOTE]

I had a email sent to me saying this:

YOUR INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION REWARD PACK IS HERE!You pre-ordered BioShock Infinite and registered for BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution, and now that BioShock Infinite is in stores, your Industrial Revolution Reward Pack is ready and waiting for you to claim it!
The Industrial Revolution Reward Pack includes 3 exclusive gear items, five hundred silver eagles (in game currency), and five lockpicks.
Click here to get your code to pick up your in-game rewards – and thanks for playing!

http://www.finkmanufacturing.com

[quote name='cabhills']I had a email sent to me saying this:

YOUR INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION REWARD PACK IS HERE!You pre-ordered BioShock Infinite and registered for BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution, and now that BioShock Infinite is in stores, your Industrial Revolution Reward Pack is ready and waiting for you to claim it!
The Industrial Revolution Reward Pack includes 3 exclusive gear items, five hundred silver eagles (in game currency), and five lockpicks.
Click here to get your code to pick up your in-game rewards – and thanks for playing!

http://www.finkmanufacturing.com[/QUOTE]

Weird, I never got said email, nor do I have any place to generate a code there as far as I can tell. When you go to finkmanufacturing.com where do you go to get the code?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Instore pickup is truely the way to go with this promo, people seem to have fewer issues when going this route. Also, I can confirm that the Industrial Revolution code is separate from the the Sniper Rifle DLC code. I just got the sniper code emailed to me about twenty minutes after pickup.[/QUOTE]

Both ways have issues. I never have a problem with shipping and always receive all my codes (usually the night before). There is no chance a rep can mess up the PO bonus when you go to get it and the game is @ my house before I get home from work.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Weird, I never got said email, nor do I have any place to generate a code there as far as I can tell. When you go to finkmanufacturing.com where do you go to get the code?[/QUOTE]

To the top right there should be a "rewards" page after you log in.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Weird, I never got said email, nor do I have any place to generate a code there as far as I can tell. When you go to finkmanufacturing.com where do you go to get the code?[/QUOTE]

Its under my rewards up in the top of the page. After that it should list a pending reward for
Industrial Revolution Rewards Pack

depending on what platform you got it for.

[quote name='lwhitit']Both ways have issues. I never have a problem with shipping and always receive all my codes (usually the night before). There is no chance a rep can mess up the PO bonus when you go to get it and the game is @ my house before I get home from work.

To the top right there should be a "rewards" page after you log in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cabhills']Its under my rewards up in the top of the page. After that it should list a pending reward for
Industrial Revolution Rewards Pack

depending on what platform you got it for.[/QUOTE]

Wow I feel stupid...I was defeated by a scroll bar....

[quote name='saix_xiii']please explain, i finished the puzzles many weeks ago for my ps3 pre-order. I cannot find a place to generate the code...it just says i unlocked the items for the game, i figure it was tied to my account and would auto-unlock when i started the game. If i need to generate a code...no idea how to.[/quote]

edit: D'oh!! :)

[quote name='tlwizard']Reward zone Silver member here and just got a price match on Tomb raider to amazon. $19.63 back in the pocket![/QUOTE]

No luck for me. Got rejected after being transferred from the sliver hotline. I may just go back to BB and do a return/PM rebuy as I haven't opened my copy yet.

Have to go pick up Bioshock anyways so might as well do it at one time.

Successfully PM my Tomb Raider copy to Amazon. The clerk knew about the new policy and even suggested I could do a return/rebuy but that would've mess up RZ bonus cert so she went ahead and did a PM anyways. I guess it helps that I'm in there all the time doing store pickup.

Question about the Bioshock preorder bonus, I preordered last night and got a 12 digit code email that looks like it would work on the PSN store then after I picked up my copy I got another email. Did they just send me 2 codes for the Sniper Rifle but not the Industrial Revolution code?

[quote name='Donut2922']I forgot to renew my GCU after I picked up my Dead Space 3 preorder (release date 2/5/13) and then I re-upped the next day (2/6/13) and I still got my $20 cert after my points cleared 35 days later.

As long as you renew on the same day you should be fine although the BB T&C recommends no later than within the same transaction of your preorder pickup (if not at least before).[/QUOTE]

Let's hope this works for me. I know the website said that you have to renew on the same transaction as the store pickup, but they can't reopen a closed online transaction. I ended up renewing as the second transaction after the pickup (I know, I should've asked them to reverse the order just in case), so hopefully I'll be okay too.

Also, I completely forgot that the original Bioshock is included on Infinite for the PS3. Awesome.

I apologize if it's been asked but didn't find answer with search.
When does the 7-day pre-order pick-up window to get your credit end? Is it the following Monday or Tuesday?

I have Gears of War Judgement pre-ordered and am considering picking it up today with RZ credit though it came out last Tuesday. If it's too late for my bonus pre-order points then I'll just wait until it eventually goes down in price.

EDIT: I found the answer to my question, it's basically the following Tuesday of release (if game was released on Tuesday).
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat275100050005.c?id=pcmcat275100050005

[quote name='woodcan']I apologize if it's been asked but didn't find answer with search.
When does the 7-day pre-order pick-up window to get your credit end? Is it the following Monday or Tuesday?

I have Gears of War Judgement pre-ordered and am considering picking it up today with RZ credit though it came out last Tuesday. If it's too late for my bonus pre-order points then I'll just wait until it eventually goes down in price.[/QUOTE]

I think it's Sunday. This might be in the OP somewhere (too lazy to look). You are almost certainly too late.

*sigh* No-go on PMing Tomb Raider at my BBY--the clerk said they don't price-match other retailers post-sale, including Amazon. Just my luck that I got an employee who knew the policy...:roll:

Looks like I'm going to have to hope BBY puts it on sale within the next month-and-a-half (preferably $39.99 or lower), which might be likely given how "poorly" Square-Enix said it sold (4.5 million copies within 3 weeks = failure, apparently :wall:).

I didn't get an Industrial Revolution code Email when I preordered Bioshock from Best Buy back in early March. I picked up my game today and there still wasn't a code for it on teh receipt or Email (but I did get the sniper rifle code). Is there anyway to get a code now? I Emailed 2K but haven't heard back yet.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I didn't get an Industrial Revolution code Email when I preordered Bioshock from Best Buy back in early March. I picked up my game today and there still wasn't a code for it on teh receipt or Email (but I did get the sniper rifle code). Is there anyway to get a code now? I Emailed 2K but haven't heard back yet.[/QUOTE]

Contact Gaming-BBY on forums.bestbuy.com with Game Title, Platform, and Customer service pin from your pre-order receipt. They are good about fixing missing pre-order bonuses. Same thing happened with my Industrial Revolution code and they immediately sent me a code.

[quote name='skycat561']anyone here work at bestbuy, no one at my store knows how to do preorder pickups, I was there for 30 mins today trying to get God of War, they claim the system changed in the past few months. if you know the steps please post it so I can print it and give it to them...[/QUOTE]

so once again I was stuck waiting for 30-45 mins, for them to figure out how to correctly do my preorder pickup. It took two voided transactions and a price match to get the price right. the system is a little strange, even with my 5$ deposit it was telling me I owed 63.xx. It was adding 59.99 + tax + 5.00 preorder bonus, then subtracting 5$ deposit, leaving with 59.99 + tax. Instead of 59.99 + tax - deposit

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wow I feel stupid...I was defeated by a scroll bar....[/QUOTE]

=D

[quote name='bob330i']No luck for me. Got rejected after being transferred from the sliver hotline. I may just go back to BB and do a return/PM rebuy as I haven't opened my copy yet.

Have to go pick up Bioshock anyways so might as well do it at one time.[/QUOTE]

Call back, I had a rep in store try that jazz on me yesterday. Calmly remind them that a silver member can PM any purchase made before 4/19. After i stated that to the rep the pm was processed right away (without asking for ID or talking to me :booty: ).

EDIT: Incorrect 60 day PM only works for BB prices. :wall:

[quote name='lwhitit']

Call back, I had a rep in store try that jazz on me yesterday. Calmly remind them that a silver member can PM any purchase made before 4/19. After i stated that to the rep the pm was processed right away (without asking for ID or talking to me :booty: ).[/QUOTE]

Except that isn't true...

You can only price match a BEST BUY price if it's lower within 60 days on purchases made between March 3rd and April 18th. Before March 3rd you're good for 60 days of any retailer.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Except that isn't true...

You can only price match a BEST BUY price if it's lower within 60 days on purchases made between March 3rd and April 18th. Before March 3rd you're good for 60 days of any retailer.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. I was defeated by reading.....

The order I PM'd yesterday was made on Feb 1st (Lego Batman 2). I had the right Idea but I went at it the wrong way.

On a Happier note by Bioshock was delivered before noon.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Except that isn't true...

You can only price match a BEST BUY price if it's lower within 60 days on purchases made between March 3rd and April 18th. Before March 3rd you're good for 60 days of any retailer.[/QUOTE]I pre-ordered on February 2nd, and so the CSR told me that counted in terms of the old policy for my pricematch.

[quote name='Dranakin']Let's hope this works for me. I know the website said that you have to renew on the same transaction as the store pickup, but they can't reopen a closed online transaction. I ended up renewing as the second transaction after the pickup (I know, I should've asked them to reverse the order just in case), so hopefully I'll be okay too.

Also, I completely forgot that the original Bioshock is included on Infinite for the PS3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty confident you'll be fine. I was sweating it out since I was a whole day late renewing and not even an active GCU member at the time of pickup. However, I still got my points automatically. So I have a theory that the system checks if you're a GCU member at the same day that the bonus points are supposed to be cleared (in which case I was already a GCU member again since I renewed it a month before the points came in but after the pickup transaction).

[quote name='tlwizard']I pre-ordered on February 2nd, and so the CSR told me that counted in terms of the old policy for my pricematch.[/QUOTE]

By that logic, your return window started that day too then. Pre-orders aren't considered transactions until the game is shipped/picked up.

You got lucky.

[quote name='woodcan']Contact Gaming-BBY on forums.bestbuy.com with Game Title, Platform, and Customer service pin from your pre-order receipt. They are good about fixing missing pre-order bonuses. Same thing happened with my Industrial Revolution code and they immediately sent me a code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just sent them a message.

Hi, can someone that ordered bioshock for in store pickup and picked it up tell me if their bestbuy.com order status is messed up? Go to bestbuy.com and click order status. Choose Bioshock from your list. Now tell me if you just see a white page with messed up formatting. I'm wondering if this just happened to me or if it is happening to everyone.

My other orders are fine. This just happened since I picked up bioshock in store

[quote name='skycat561']so once again I was stuck waiting for 30-45 mins, for them to figure out how to correctly do my preorder pickup. It took two voided transactions and a price match to get the price right. the system is a little strange, even with my 5$ deposit it was telling me I owed 63.xx. It was adding 59.99 + tax + 5.00 preorder bonus, then subtracting 5$ deposit, leaving with 59.99 + tax. Instead of 59.99 + tax - deposit[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem too. At least I got two preorder bonuses from the voided transactions and gave one to my friend who didn't preorder.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Hi, can someone that ordered bioshock for in store pickup and picked it up tell me if their bestbuy.com order status is messed up? Go to bestbuy.com and click order status. Choose Bioshock from your list. Now tell me if you just see a white page with messed up formatting. I'm wondering if this just happened to me or if it is happening to everyone.

My other orders are fine. This just happened since I picked up bioshock in store[/QUOTE]

It's happening on my end as well, weird.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Had the same problem too. At least I got two preorder bonuses from the voided transactions and gave one to my friend who didn't preorder.[/QUOTE]

What was the preorder bonus? I didn't get anything.

My Bioshock pickup could hardly have gone better. No pre-order pickup derp issues, price matched last week's 49.99 fry's ad simply by word of mouth, paid with a combination of rz points and gift card.

I was able to get back ~$20 (after tax) for Tomb Raider today. I'm going to miss the double dipping when it ends.

edit: Actually, I might be done with it. The next game I want is Dead Island: Riptide and that comes out on 4/23. The 60 day PM for Silver ends on the 4/18.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I didn't get an Industrial Revolution code Email when I preordered Bioshock from Best Buy back in early March. I picked up my game today and there still wasn't a code for it on teh receipt or Email (but I did get the sniper rifle code). Is there anyway to get a code now? I Emailed 2K but haven't heard back yet.[/QUOTE]
I assume you probable already got this fixed but I was given 3 codes.

That said I have 2 extras if he doesn't want it

I too was able to Price Match Amazon today for my Tomb Raider pre-order. RIP the days of price matching with this promotion, you will surely be missed.

[quote name='tk_tymes']My Bioshock pickup could hardly have gone better. No pre-order pickup derp issues, price matched last week's 49.99 fry's ad simply by word of mouth, paid with a combination of rz points and gift card.[/QUOTE]
Was your order online for in store pickup like mine? Also, I price matched Sears on March 15 for $50 but didn't automatically receive the price adjustment. Did you do the price adjustment earlier like me or did you do the price adjustment in store when you picked your order up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back