Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DemonsMaster']I too was able to Price Match Amazon today for my Tomb Raider pre-order. RIP the days of price matching with this promotion, you will surely be missed.[/QUOTE]

I just now kind of price matched. The incredibly nice but terribly flustered CS rep eventually just asked if she could send me a $9 gift card. That's better than nothing!

[quote name='PublikDefender']Was your order online for in store pickup like mine? Also, I price matched Sears on March 15 for $50 but didn't automatically receive the price adjustment. Did you do the price adjustment earlier like me or did you do the price adjustment in store when you picked your order up?[/QUOTE]

Na, I pre-ordered in store. I tried to have it adjusted last week while the fry's ad was still valid, but it wasn't so much that they are not supposed to price match pre-orders (they are not) but they wanted to but didn't know how. When I got to the store today and didn't see the regular guy I showed the ad to last week, I thougth I wouldn't be able to get it but I just told the guy that was there today and he did the price match gladly

Did anybody else pickup Bioshock Inifnite from Best Buy today and have a $5 charge on the receipt for "Industrial Preorder Bonus," therefore cancelling out my $5 deposit? I'm pretty sure they did not take the deposit off when I picked up Tomb Raider (at the same store), and this seems to confirm it. It does say "deposit paid" underneath the Bioshock Inifinite line, but then it does show a $5 charge for the preorder bonus right underneath. You guys might want to take a close look at your receipt.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Did anybody else pickup Bioshock Inifnite from Best Buy today and have a $5 charge on the receipt for "Industrial Preorder Bonus," therefore cancelling out my $5 deposit? I'm pretty sure they did not take the deposit off when I picked up Tomb Raider (at the same store), and this seems to confirm it. It does say "deposit paid" underneath the Bioshock Inifinite line, but then it does show a $5 charge for the preorder bonus right underneath. You guys might want to take a close look at your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I and a few others pages back had this problem. I got charged $5 for my deposit instead of removing it and $5 for the preorder bonus.

Needless to say it took 3 employees and 1 manager to fix it finally after a lot of explaining.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Did anybody else pickup Bioshock Inifnite from Best Buy today and have a $5 charge on the receipt for "Industrial Preorder Bonus," therefore cancelling out my $5 deposit? I'm pretty sure they did not take the deposit off when I picked up Tomb Raider (at the same store), and this seems to confirm it. It does say "deposit paid" underneath the Bioshock Inifinite line, but then it does show a $5 charge for the preorder bonus right underneath. You guys might want to take a close look at your receipt.[/QUOTE]

My wife, who was trying to be kind and pick this game up for me, had the same issues. Took 3 tries before they finally just gave her a $5 bill. Hopefully they didn't screw up the $20 in RZ certs in the process of trying to fix it.

[quote name='evophile']Yeah, I and a few others pages back had this problem. I got charged $5 for my deposit instead of removing it and $5 for the preorder bonus.

Needless to say it took 3 employees and 1 manager to fix it finally after a lot of explaining.[/QUOTE]

Gah! That explains why I was stuck in the CS line for 20 minutes waiting because a guy was getting charged that extra 5 bucks. They handled my online pickup in under a minute.

Okay, serious question. What is the correct solution for the register to NOT charge you $5 for the preorder dlc? All I hear are fails, workarounds or no details how. I'm going in...preparing to battle BBY for the 3rd time...hoping they get their act together when I pickup Bioshock. Any Function buttons, scanning order, system reboots, etc that'll help the cashier?

[quote name='Pounce!']Okay, serious question. What is the correct solution for the register to NOT charge you $5 for the preorder dlc? All I hear are fails, workarounds or no details how. I'm going in...preparing to battle BBY for the 3rd time...hoping they get their act together when I pickup Bioshock. Any Function buttons, scanning order, system reboots, etc that'll help the cashier?[/QUOTE]I would also like to know this, as I plan on picking up my preorder this afternoon.

OK i did the bioshock flash game but does the $500 apply to each new game played? Or will I only get the $500 bonus on my first playthrough of Infinite?

The system charges you $5 for the preorder bonus AND charges you $5 for the deposit instead of subtracting it. The CS rep had to enter a price match on mine to get the price of the game correct.

I was unable to get my Tomb Raider purchase price matched yesterday. The girl at the counter told me that even though Premier Silver members have the price match policy extended until April 18th, it now only applies toward Best Buy (and bby.com) prices, rather than matching other retailers.

That was exactly what I expected after reading all of the new stuff, so I didn't complain. It was worth a shot though.

Now here's hoping Best Buy puts Tomb Raider, Gears of War, or BioShock on sale within the next few weeks :D

And I did have an issue picking up a recent pre-order (might have been Tomb Raider), where the system didn't take my initial $5 deposit off the total price. They had a tough time getting it to work, so they eventually ended up doing a price match to refund me the $5.

The same thing happened with the next game, Gears of War, but they eventually got it to work. The total was the full price, but then at the very end of the order, there was simply a "coupon" applied for $5.00 off.

When I picked up BioShock yesterday, she had no problems. I guess they figured it out.

I wonder why the new pre-order system made things so complicated... I thought it was supposed to make it easier for everyone???

Anyone else have trouble receiving their Bioshock Infinite Preorder DLC I received my comstock sniper but not the Industrial Revolution Pack for Xbox 360? I called and apparently they offered more than what was in stock. WTF?

Well, today's going to be fun since I'm going to be picking up my copy of Bioshock Infinite...which I reserved more than a year ago (3/18/12, to be exact). :lol: Thankfully the receipt is still readable and the barcode on it can still be scanned.

[quote name='BamNanas']Anyone else have trouble receiving their Bioshock Infinite Preorder DLC I received my comstock sniper but not the Industrial Revolution Pack for Xbox 360? I called and apparently they offered more than what was in stock. WTF?[/QUOTE]

I've gotten a couple codes, but they don't say what they're for, just "pre-order bonus" or something generic like that. I don't really want to redeem all if then just to find out what they are.

[quote name='BamNanas']Anyone else have trouble receiving their Bioshock Infinite Preorder DLC I received my comstock sniper but not the Industrial Revolution Pack for Xbox 360? I called and apparently they offered more than what was in stock. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Try contacting 2k Support and provide them with a SS of your receipt. I had an issue with my xbox revolution pack not showing in the mini game site and they just sent me a whole new pack with an additional sniper rifle. They should be able to help.

[quote name='mathyou']I've gotten a couple codes, but they don't say what they're for, just "pre-order bonus" or something generic like that. I don't really want to redeem all if then just to find out what they are.[/QUOTE]

PreOrder Bonus Bioshock Infinite - Xbox 360 [Digital Download Add-On] is the Sniper Rifle. The Revolution pack will have a subject of "Your BioShock Infinite code", and tell you to log into the fink manufacturing site to redeem it.

[quote name='mathyou']I've gotten a couple codes, but they don't say what they're for, just "pre-order bonus" or something generic like that. I don't really want to redeem all if then just to find out what they are.[/QUOTE]
You can enter the code(s) and back out once you've confirmed what it/they unlock(s) without actually redeeming the code(s).

I only got one email, and it's the same generic description as what you said.

I haven't looked on my receipt though... The girl said that my pre-order stuff would be there, but I never look because I always get them via email too. Guess I'll have to check it out when I get home.

So I price matched Bioshock and Gears when I pre-ordered and I got e-mails that credit has been applied to my order. What does this mean? I pid with a combination of credit card and pitch-in card and I don't see any thing on either.

[quote name='OGHowie']Was able to PM Tomb Raider. w00t!![/QUOTE]

Phone call. CSR started about their new PM policy and I said I actually pre-ordered in Feb and she was nice enough to just give me the PM right away. No hassle.

Also, was able to get my missing Dead Space 3 pts applied with no problem. I did have to do this in different departments over the phone though.

[quote name='spatenfloot']The system charges you $5 for the preorder bonus AND charges you $5 for the deposit instead of subtracting it. The CS rep had to enter a price match on mine to get the price of the game correct.[/QUOTE]

Yup, had the same exact experience picking up my copy yesterday.

Thanks for the information. I looked up my Tomb Raider receipt and found that it also did not take off the $5 deposit. Now I'm going to have to take both receipts in store and complain to try to get my $15 back (two $5 deposits and that $5 Bioshock Preorder DLC charge).

[quote name='DeskLaser']Thanks for the information. I looked up my Tomb Raider receipt and found that it also did not take off the $5 deposit. Now I'm going to have to take both receipts in store and complain to try to get my $15 back (two $5 deposits and that $5 Bioshock Preorder DLC charge).[/QUOTE]

Same for my TR preorder. Had to go to the store to get it adjusted even though it showed up as a deposit on my final purchase receipt. Hope that doesn't jack anything up with the $20 RZ preorder bonus.

I'm not sure whether to feel relieved or frustrated with what happened when I picked up Bioshock Infinite:

Apparently because my preorder was made so long ago (last March), the cashier (who seemed to know what she was doing, as she figured I was there to pick up Bioshock Infinite) had to process it like a preorder from last year--doing an exchange to process the preorder deposit. So hopefully I'll still get the $20 in RZ points since the receipt says *EXCHANGE* at the top (which was a good sign for pickups last year; it was *RETURN* you didn't want); otherwise I'll contact a BBY forum rep. At least I wasn't charged the extra $5. :lol:

When you pre-order a game (like Bioshock Infinite) where should it appear as a purchase in your myrewardzone.com? Should purchase date shown be the date you pre-ordered it eg. March 16 or when you picked up like say release day March 26?

I still have not recieved my $20 back for MGR and i went to my account online any my purchases for that day arent even listed. Who do I contact?

[quote name='Havok83']I still have not recieved my $20 back for MGR and i went to my account online any my purchases for that day arent even listed. Who do I contact?[/QUOTE]
Same here. No points from MGR or Crysis 3 (both from 2/19). When I try to report missing points on myrewardzone, it says the transactions were already applied to my account, but they are not listed :/

Called about my MGR purchase not showing up after 35 days. CSR went ahead and applied the points. Just waiting on my pending points for gears and eventually Bioshock.

[quote name='Havok83']I still have not recieved my $20 back for MGR and i went to my account online any my purchases for that day arent even listed. Who do I contact?[/QUOTE]

That was me. I called a couple days back to credit the two games. They threw in 500 extra to cover my other purchases that day.

[quote name='lordopus99']That was me. I called a couple days back to credit the two games. They threw in 500 extra to cover my other purchases that day.[/QUOTE]
what number did you call? BB Rewardzone? Their general customer service? Still have the number you used?

Just got off the phone with BB (1-888-237-8289) about my missing points from 2/19. After a while of tracking, the rep said my Crysis 3 points will be added in 3-5 business days, but I won't get points for MGR since I used RZ credits for the purchase. ...wtf? I've always used the points from previous game purchases to fund the next game. I also asked why these two orders aren't in my history. She said the transactions are there, but didn't understand that I can't see them. *sigh* Outsourcing CS sucks.

I'll try calling again and maybe visit my local store. Suffice to say I'm done with BB pre-orders.

-Update-
Called again. This time I got an American on the line. He looked up my order, saw I didn't get the points, and immediately went to apply them. Afterwards I told him about my previous CS call and asked him if using points on a purchase prevents you from earning points. He asked his manager and apparently that is a new rule. So fyi, if you still want to pre-order games from BB, do not use reward certificates on them >_>

-Update 2-
Saix_XIII clarified this is definitely not a rule that applies to game pre-orders. Quote from Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered 2013 FAQ:
If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate? Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilman']Just got off the phone with BB (1-888-237-8289) about my missing points from 2/19. After a while of tracking, the rep said my Crysis 3 points will be added in 3-5 business days, but I won't get points for MGR since I used RZ credits for the purchase. ...wtf?[/QUOTE]

Has been discussed. Answer is on the bb forums.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Yup, had the same exact experience picking up my copy yesterday.[/QUOTE]

and I had the same problem with god or war and bioshock, god of war was voided once and I still got my bonus pts. bioshock was voided twice, lets see how this goes

[quote name='lilman']Just got off the phone with BB (1-888-237-8289) about my missing points from 2/19. After a while of tracking, the rep said my Crysis 3 points will be added in 3-5 business days, but I won't get points for MGR since I used RZ credits for the purchase. ...wtf? I've always used the points from previous game purchases to fund the next game. I also asked why these two orders aren't in my history. She said the transactions are there, but didn't understand that I can't see them. *sigh* Outsourcing CS sucks.

I'll try calling again and maybe visit my local store. Suffice to say I'm done with BB pre-orders.

-Update-
Called again. This time I got an American on the line. He looked up my order, saw I didn't get the points, and immediately went to apply them. Afterwards I told him about my previous CS call and asked him if using points on a purchase prevents you from earning points. He asked his manager and apparently that is a new rule. So fyi, if you still want to pre-order games from BB, do not use reward certificates on them >_>[/QUOTE]

That is 100% incorrect, the FAQ for this promotion says you can use reward certificates and gift cards. Some reps are not familiar with this promotion and base their knowledge on old outdated information. If they ever tell you this tell them to look here:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-2013-FAQ/td-p/659585

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is 100% incorrect, the FAQ for this promotion says you can use reward certificates and gift cards. Some reps are not familiar with this promotion and base their knowledge on old outdated information. If they ever tell you this tell them to look here:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ctory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-2013-FAQ/td-p/659585[/QUOTE]
I think it's bunk too, but both reps I called asked their supervisor about this and supposedly it is a new rule. Maybe it's not up on the site yet. Even if it is a rule now, it's not fair to apply it to purchases prior to the rule being instated and publicly advertised.

I had problem with MGR bonus and i sent an email via contact us on myrz.com. They emailed back and credited me the exact points the next day.

[quote name='lilman']I think it's bunk too, but both reps I called asked their supervisor about this and supposedly it is a new rule. Maybe it's not up on the site yet. Even if it is a rule now, it's not fair to apply it to purchases prior to the rule being instated and publicly advertised.[/QUOTE]

I am telling you flat out that is not a rule. About a month ago 5 reps, inc two supervisors tried to spout that BS to me. I took it to the forums and got the official reps in charge of this promotion to update the FAQ to clearly state that using GC/RZ does NOT void the 1000 points.

[quote name='lilman']
-Update-
Called again. This time I got an American on the line. He looked up my order, saw I didn't get the points, and immediately went to apply them. Afterwards I told him about my previous CS call and asked him if using points on a purchase prevents you from earning points. He asked his manager and apparently that is a new rule. So fyi, if you still want to pre-order games from BB, do not use reward certificates on them >_>[/QUOTE]
that defeats the purpose of preordering for the $20 IMO. I might as well wait now till the game drops to $40 or below or just buy it at a different retailer which has a better preorder incentive

[quote name='Havok83']that defeats the purpose of preordering for the $20 IMO. I might as well wait now till the game drops to $40 or below or just buy it at a different retailer which has a better preorder incentive[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but it's untrue either way.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am telling you flat out that is not a rule. About a month ago 5 reps, inc two supervisors tried to spout that BS to me. I took it to the forums and got the official reps in charge of this promotion to update the FAQ to clearly state that using GC/RZ does NOT void the 1000 points.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks for clarifying. I ever face this problem again, I'll go straight to the BB forums instead of calling.

[quote name='lilman']Cool, thanks for clarifying. I ever face this problem again, I'll go straight to the BB forums instead of calling.[/QUOTE]

No problem, it just really ticks me off when reps spout lies to cover their asses. If they don't know something that's fine, don't make stuff up because you weren't properly trained in this promotion. Tell me you don't know and you will look into it and then when you find the forum you'll then know the truth.

To lie to customers is one of the worst things in retail. When a customer finds out you lied to them they'll be more upset then ever before.

Yeah, the guy I had on the line about Tomb Raider and Metal Gear not getting their 1000 points kept telling me that since I used gift cards/certs I don't get the 1000. At first when I took him to the forum he said that it wasnt even an official forum but I took him to that thread and said right there that someone from corporate says if you use giftcards/certs it does not void the 1000.

He got it worked out in the end and I got an extra 10 bucks out of the deal but still.

For whatever reason God of War's 1000 came out with no issue. As did Dead Space and i paid both of those off with certs and gift cards completely.

Only thing I can think of was since metal gear and tomb raider pre-orders were in the same transcations that that some how messed it up.

[quote name='Deader2818']At first when I took him to the forum he said that it wasnt even an official forum.[/QUOTE]

If that ever happens again, tell them to go to bestbuy.com, then on the bottom under "Get Connected" (right most column), then Community Forums. That will take them right to the unboxed forums directly from Best Buy.

I did just that and he said that they werent official, lol.

I think he might have thought I was taking him to a post made by a user and not but a mod. Once I said that the post was made by a Best Buy Mod from corporate, hes tuned changed.

I called CS Monday about my Metal Gear points never showing up. The woman opened a claim for me or whatever. Just got a phone call from a rep to tell me that since I used a gift card, I wasn't eligible for the promotion, but they will be nice and give me the $20 cert just this once... These people really need to get their shit together.

Also, I see 1000+ point adjustment under my Points and Purchases, but it doesn't seem to be added to my total. Does this usually take some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back