Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Interstella 5555']Sorry if this was answered already but does anyone know if GTAV's Special Edition qualifies for the $20 cert?[/QUOTE]

It should, the other SE/CE/LE's haven't been excluded from the offer.

[quote name='bzchanboy']It should, the other SE/CE/LE's haven't been excluded from the offer.[/QUOTE]

Speaking with Best Buy, it does not qualify. If you go to the list on the website and click on the link, the Special Edition is not listed. On other games, if you click their links, the special editions are listed.

This can however change in the near future. At least I hope it does, because I really want the Special Edition too.

[quote name='ProtagonistZero']Speaking with Best Buy, it does not qualify. If you go to the list on the website and click on the link, the Special Edition is not listed. On other games, if you click their links, the special editions are listed.

This can however change in the near future. At least I hope it does, because I really want the Special Edition too.[/QUOTE]

You should read the second bullet point in the OP:
Limited and Collector's Edition are eligible for the $20 RZ promotion.

If I pre order the Last of Us and pick it up the 14th, I should still get the $20 right? Even though my membership expires the 15th? I just want to double check so I don't get screwed.

[quote name='Dund3r']You should read the second bullet point in the OP:
Limited and Collector's Edition are eligible for the $20 RZ promotion.[/QUOTE]

I also know that the CE are a part of the offer, but you can't deny that BB is not doing a good job at all advertising that. The only place I saw them specifically state GTA4SE/CE would come with the $20 was on a FB post they made. Overall that information is not easy to find as such...you figure it isn't eligible.

[quote name='Geco17']If I pre order the Last of Us and pick it up the 14th, I should still get the $20 right? Even though my membership expires the 15th? I just want to double check so I don't get screwed.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. My membership expires June 17th and I want to know if I should still get the $20 RZ certificate for The Last of Us since I'm not sure if I want to renew my Unlocked membership or not.

[quote name='BMXJouster']I'm curious about this too. My membership expires June 17th and I want to know if I should still get the $20 RZ certificate for The Last of Us since I'm not sure if I want to renew my Unlocked membership or not.[/QUOTE]

Terms say specifically if you have an active membership AT THE TIME OF PICKUP that you will be eligible for the cert.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Terms say specifically if you have an active membership AT THE TIME OF PICKUP that you will be eligible for the cert.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll be deciding between this or the B2G1 at Target for Vita Games.

After I pick up THE LAST OF US, this will be the LAST time I reserve at Best Buy. I am still missing my cert from Dead Island (yes I filed a report) and I went over all of my certs I received compared to all of the games I pre-ordered and I am missing another $20 cert. I have to file a report for 90% of my games. And Dead Island was the only game I didnt have to file a report for not receiving my pre-order bonus codes. This has been going on since Last August. From MAdden to now. Yes, I have received quite a few free games as a result of the many certs I have received but it just is not worth the trouble anymore. I wil pick up THE LAST OF US and cancel GTA5 and go reserve it at gamestop or amazon. fuck this crap

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Yet it is. Best Buy just sucks.[/QUOTE]

Stop pre-ordering in store and pre-order online, it will work without a problem. Since everything is automated there is very little room for error and zero room for human error which is where most issues arise from.

If you want to get the game the day comes out, pre-order online for store pickup. I did that for Dead Island, Gears of War Judgement, and The Last of Us and had zero issues with DI and GoWJ. But I did in store for Dead Space 3, GoWA, and Tomb Raider and had issues with all three. So from now on I am only doing online pre-orders.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Stop pre-ordering in store and pre-order online, it will work without a problem. Since everything is automated there is very little room for error and zero room for human error which is where most issues arise from.

If you want to get the game the day comes out, pre-order online for store pickup. I did that for Dead Island, Gears of War Judgement, and The Last of Us and had zero issues with DI and GoWJ. But I did in store for Dead Space 3, GoWA, and Tomb Raider and had issues with all three. So from now on I am only doing online pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Sadly not true. A number of us got pickup e-mails for Last of Us a few weeks back despite having ordered on-line for store pickup. Some people had their orders cancelled without explanation and some of us were charged the full amount for the game (not just the usual authorization) a month before release. Best Buy has basically thrown up their hands and blamed their computer and done nothing to assist. Last of Us will be the last thing I ever pre-order from BB. It's pretty clear they no longer care about video game sales and in general the company is just slowly spiraling into collapse.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sadly not true. A number of us got pickup e-mails for Last of Us a few weeks back despite having ordered on-line for store pickup. Some people had their orders cancelled without explanation and some of us were charged the full amount for the game (not just the usual authorization) a month before release. Best Buy has basically thrown up their hands and blamed their computer and done nothing to assist. Last of Us will be the last thing I ever pre-order from BB. It's pretty clear they no longer care about video game sales and in general the company is just slowly spiraling into collapse.[/QUOTE]

That is one game out of like 10-20 in total. I never said it was error proof, just a lot less likely. The main cause of errors with these deals is human based. Plus I believe this error with The Last of Us was because the original release date was in May, but was pushed back, I forgot when. I figure Best Buy forgot to update their system with this new date on the back end...thus causing many issues to occur with people who bought it before the release date changed, but that's just a guess.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sadly not true. A number of us got pickup e-mails for Last of Us a few weeks back despite having ordered on-line for store pickup. Some people had their orders cancelled without explanation and some of us were charged the full amount for the game (not just the usual authorization) a month before release. Best Buy has basically thrown up their hands and blamed their computer and done nothing to assist. Last of Us will be the last thing I ever pre-order from BB. It's pretty clear they no longer care about video game sales and in general the company is just slowly spiraling into collapse.[/QUOTE]

The system must not had recognized the Last of Us release date change for old preorders.

I made my preorder a few weeks ago online and I didn't run into the early pickup/charge error. So I'm betting you had a preorder from awhile back.

I just placed my LoU pre-order. Believe it not, the closest Best Buy locations don't even have the pick-up option on release day and this is the regular edition I'm talking about! Geez, I procrastinated on the SE, but I didn't realize even the regular edition is such a pain... I had to drive few miles to pick-up the regular edition, no biggies, but still, not being able to pick-up from the 23rd and the Union Sq. Best Buys is a pain.

Preordered Last of Us. Hope there's no shenanigans with the bonus points.

Edit 1: Well, ShaqFu BB, my order just got canceled. They just lost all of my future business, and I've been a silver for two years.

Edit 2: My calls go to a black hole of nothingness. I'm done.

Think I'm making a good decision by no longer supporting Gamestop with my pre-orders and going over to BestBuy. Gamestop does have some better DLC but who am I kidding, I barely ever care for those other DLC's, only for the steel cases.

Time to get a unlocked gamer subscription and start saving more. Getting The Last Of Us first too.

[quote name='ubdu']Preordered Last of Us. Hope there's no shenanigans with the bonus points.

Edit 1: Well, ShaqFu BB, my order just got canceled. They just lost all of my future business, and I've been a silver for two years.

Edit 2: My calls go to a black hole of nothingness. I'm done.[/QUOTE]

What happened? You pre-ordered LoU and it got cancelled? I just pre-ordered the regular edition, no cancellation e-mail...

[quote name='Serpentor']What happened? You pre-ordered LoU and it got cancelled? I just pre-ordered the regular edition, no cancellation e-mail...[/QUOTE]

I tried pre-odering LoU for mail delivery, and I don't know what happened: "We're sorry, but the order you placed on May 31, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information."

As a test, I ordered a $5 gift card two hours later, and it's still "In Process."

As an update on my auto cancelled orders I called back and apparently my case was never transferred to the "back office" so they had to resubmit it. The rep on the phone thinks it might be some sort of Reward Zone conflict.

[quote name='ubdu']I tried pre-odering LoU for mail delivery, and I don't know what happened: "We're sorry, but the order you placed on May 31, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information."

As a test, I ordered a $5 gift card two hours later, and it's still "In Process."[/QUOTE]

probably banned like a few of us have been mentioning, pretty much nails in the coffin for best buy for me, having to deal with the employees in the store is a nightmare.

[quote name='LordVila']As an update on my auto cancelled orders I called back and apparently my case was never transferred to the "back office" so they had to resubmit it. The rep on the phone thinks it might be some sort of Reward Zone conflict.[/QUOTE]

I also opened a case last week and it was closed with no response. I asked the rep why the case was closed and they said I should have received an email. I asked what the email said or what the case said and they said there is no information in the case. Then she said she asked her supervisor and the supervisor looked into it and thought my order was canceled because I paid with a gift card and didn't have a credit card. I explained I've had many gift card orders work fine to my address and showed the other orders. She put me on hold so I could talk to the supervisor and then the rep or supervisor hung up on me.

Like I said before, i've been doing this for years, opening cases does nothing, they close them and don't respond, i've had many cases resubmitted with nothing happening. The reps will make up any excuse to get you off the phone i.e. reward zone conflict.

I enjoy wasting bestbuy's money and time though.

[quote name='ubdu']I tried pre-odering LoU for mail delivery, and I don't know what happened: "We're sorry, but the order you placed on May 31, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information."

As a test, I ordered a $5 gift card two hours later, and it's still "In Process."[/QUOTE]

that's because you got banned

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Stop pre-ordering in store and pre-order online, it will work without a problem. Since everything is automated there is very little room for error and zero room for human error which is where most issues arise from.[/QUOTE]
This used to be sorta true but not anymore. Online has been flaky since the beginning of this year.

This thing happened to me with Riptide. Got 3 pick-up emails three weeks early, then no pick-up/reminder emails when it came out, then 3 cancellation emails 2 weeks after release, but they sent the steelbook and charged me $50 for that since I didn't pick up the game.

[quote name='panda911']This used to be sorta true but not anymore. Online has been flaky since the beginning of this year.

This thing happened to me with Riptide. Got 3 pick-up emails three weeks early, then no pick-up/reminder emails when it came out, then 3 cancellation emails 2 weeks after release, but they sent the steelbook and charged me $50 for that since I didn't pick up the game.[/QUOTE]

I spent some time with Best Buy's back office trying to straighten this out this week and I got the distinct impression that they know the writing is on the wall with regard to their future business prospects. This is the first time I have ever dealt with Best Buy's back office that they literally told me I would be better off ordering from another retailer to be safe and that they literally have no idea how to fix the error.

[quote name='MyPaper']Anybody know if I'm able to get my $5 bucks back on a pre-order I did ages ago?[/QUOTE]

I'm currently in the same boat, I had Metro Last Light, and Dead Island Riptide. Although I instead ordered dead island with a pricematch online when it was cheap from Newegg, and never decided that Metro LL was worth $60 new.

So I didn't realize that Last of Us came out on a Friday and I scheduled it to ship to my house. Anyone know if it's possible if I can change that since it hasn't shipped yet without canceling the order (payed in part with an expiring RZ cert like 2 months ago) and resubmitting it or am I just screwed? Generally wouldn't care, but just found out my GCU is expiring so I kind of have to make the drive to a store anyway and if I can pick up the game that would be ideal?

Anyone ever done this in the past? Should I just give customer service a call or is it hopeless?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']So I didn't realize that Last of Us came out on a Friday and I scheduled it to ship to my house. Anyone know if it's possible if I can change that since it hasn't shipped yet without canceling the order (payed in part with an expiring RZ cert like 2 months ago) and resubmitting it or am I just screwed? Generally wouldn't care, but just found out my GCU is expiring so I kind of have to make the drive to a store anyway and if I can pick up the game that would be ideal?

Anyone ever done this in the past? Should I just give customer service a call or is it hopeless?[/QUOTE]

Call and change to store pick up

[quote name='cubeenigma']Call and change to store pick up[/QUOTE]

That easy? Thanks. I just don't want them to cancel the order and resubmit it so that I pay another $20. Will give them a ring now though.

[quote name='MyPaper']Anybody know if I'm able to get my $5 bucks back on a pre-order I did ages ago?[/QUOTE]

If you have a receipt it shouldn't be a problem.

YMMV because the return date based on when you made the pre-order. When I tried to return in my Diablo 3 pre-order before release I made in 2011, the game manager said I could not do it because it was so old. After getting in contact with Best Buy support, they called the store to say it okay to return old pre-orders before release.

For pre-orders on games that are already released, another store's gaming manager said up to 30 days after release was okay for returns(Back when the return policy was 30 days).

So pretty much after release, it's ymmv in-stores, but if you post on the Best Buy forums they can probably get you a gift card in exchange.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']So I didn't realize that Last of Us came out on a Friday and I scheduled it to ship to my house. Anyone know if it's possible if I can change that since it hasn't shipped yet without canceling the order (payed in part with an expiring RZ cert like 2 months ago) and resubmitting it or am I just screwed? Generally wouldn't care, but just found out my GCU is expiring so I kind of have to make the drive to a store anyway and if I can pick up the game that would be ideal?

Anyone ever done this in the past? Should I just give customer service a call or is it hopeless?[/QUOTE]
you might be out of luck. Per bestbuy policy
Changing Your Shipping or Pickup Options

To change your shipping or pickup options after you've placed an order, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

• To switch from shipping to store pickup, call within one hour of placing your order.
  • To switch from store pickup to shipping, call any time.

Does anyone if know if Best Buy ever orders a couple extras with collectors editions or just enough to cover preorders? I checked on Monday and they are sold out of the Survival Edition in store and online.

Does anyone if know if Best Buy ever orders a couple extras with collectors editions or just enough to cover preorders? I checked on Monday and they are sold out of the Survival Edition in store and online.
It varies depending on the store. My local one only orders enough to cover preorders, so the only time you'll see them on shelves is if people don't pick them up or there are returns.

Other stores I've visited seem to have tons of excess inventory.

TheCollegeGamer said:
So I didn't realize that Last of Us came out on a Friday and I scheduled it to ship to my house. Anyone know if it's possible if I can change that since it hasn't shipped yet without canceling the order (payed in part with an expiring RZ cert like 2 months ago) and resubmitting it or am I just screwed? Generally wouldn't care, but just found out my GCU is expiring so I kind of have to make the drive to a store anyway and if I can pick up the game that would be ideal?

Anyone ever done this in the past? Should I just give customer service a call or is it hopeless?
you might be out of luck. Per bestbuy policy
Changing Your Shipping or Pickup Options

To change your shipping or pickup options after you've placed an order, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

• To switch from shipping to store pickup, call within one hour of placing your order.
  • To switch from store pickup to shipping, call any time.
Got lucky, they were able to switch it!

Man, reading all of the Last of Us reviews that are pouring out is getting me giddy for the release next week. Currently a 95 on metacritic based on 48 reviews (25 are perfect scores). Craziness.

Gamestop still has it up for pre order
Only online. I'd like to get it when it comes out and online you have to pay for shipping since they aren't offering site to store on it.

I just checked the Best Buys in my area on their Web site. Just about every store has the "Ship to Store" option available for the Survivor Edition.

bestbuy disables the preorder option on their option once their quota preorder # are filled. Upon the release date/preorder period is over. They open up the order option.

I just checked the Best Buys in my area on their Web site. Just about every store has the "Ship to Store" option available for the Survivor Edition.
Are you able to add it to your cart? I get null/nothing in cart.

It shows ship to store 90% of the stores near me and I get the same error message when I add it to the cart.

I just noticed you can now nest quotes when replying, guess that helpful, but it just fill alot space if we quote each other to deeply(as in 5+ nested quotes).

Crap, you're right. I guess I should have tried the complete checkout process. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back