Best Buy Upgrade & Save - 01/08/12 to 01/28/12.

chatgirl4

Banned
Thanks to Taco5 for posting next weeks ad, which confirms the sale will begin on 1/8 & last through 1/28.

Offer excludes Music titles but any TV/Blu-Ray movie priced $9.99 or higher is included.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312851

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I think when Sunday rolls around if you just go to the BB site and sort the BR by price.

Here is a link to all the $9.99 movies. It's actually the $7.99-9.99 price, but sorted high to low.

Here is a link to all the $10-$14.99 movies sorted by low to high.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Have picked up the following for $4.99 in this round:

Harry Potter 1-4
10 Things I Hate About You
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions
Snatch
When Harry Met Sally
Raging Bull
American Beauty

$7.99
¡Three Amigos!

$12.99
50/50

I'm still looking for a store that has Kill Bill Volume 1 & 2. Most stores only have Volume 2 for some reason.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and City of God seem a bit too high at $9.99 after coupon.

Snagged more movies today. I start going to a different store and the cashier is cool. He does not care to see a recycling receipt I walked today with 5 movies he scanned one coupon and afterwords said keep it bro. Wish BB had more employees like him.

[quote name='orion1998_1']prints 2 times only[/QUOTE]

You can get up to 5 codes free per mailbox. Each code turns into 2 coupons... Unless you win something else.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']You can get up to 5 codes free per mailbox. Each code turns into 2 coupons... Unless you win something else.[/QUOTE]

How?

[quote name='orion1998_1']prints 2 times only[/QUOTE]

This. Coupons.com limits you to two coupons, anything more and it says: "Sorry, this coupon has already been printed the number of times allowed or this coupon link is no longer valid."

Tried with different browsers and no difference. :/

[quote name='sp00ge']This. Coupons.com limits you to two coupons, anything more and it says: "Sorry, this coupon has already been printed the number of times allowed or this coupon link is no longer valid."

Tried with different browsers and no difference. :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate that, but I guess it makes sense. I'm glad I was only looking to pick up two blus that the coupon was valid for. SUPER cheap combined with this deal.

I love the upgrade and save deal. My bluray collection is quite large now because of it, and I cleared out some crappy dvd's I couldn't even get $1 for if I sold them on Amazon. I just wish they took disc only. I have a ton from my old job that I took because I could, but I will never watch these again.

[quote name='sp00ge']This. Coupons.com limits you to two coupons, anything more and it says: "Sorry, this coupon has already been printed the number of times allowed or this coupon link is no longer valid."

Tried with different browsers and no difference. :/[/QUOTE]

My understanding is 2 coupon printings PER COMPUTER. So if you have another place to open your email and print from, it should work. I haven't tried it myself, just read elsewhere how it works.

FYI...H&R Tax Software (Deluxe w/ State or higher) comes with a $15 dollar giftcard.

Picked up H&R Deluxe for $35 ($10 off regular price) and used the $15 GC + $5 upgrade coupon to get Kung Fu Panda 2 3D for $5.

Bonus: If you get a free promo DVD for the H&R software in the mail, there's a $10 mail-in rebate inside.

[quote name='WingsDJY']FYI...H&R Tax Software (Deluxe w/ State or higher) comes with a $15 dollar giftcard.

Picked up H&R Deluxe for $35 ($10 off regular price) and used the $15 GC + $5 upgrade coupon to get Kung Fu Panda 2 3D for $5.

Bonus: If you get a free promo DVD for the H&R software in the mail, there's a $10 mail-in rebate inside.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then you're stuck with H&R Deluxe software. :lol:

M

[quote name='brewtownska']My understanding is 2 coupon printings PER COMPUTER. So if you have another place to open your email and print from, it should work. I haven't tried it myself, just read elsewhere how it works.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried clearing cookies and IP address and I was only able to print twice. I'll try with my home computer later.

[quote name='bob330i']Yeah, I tried clearing cookies and IP address and I was only able to print twice. I'll try with my home computer later.[/QUOTE]

I got it working on my laptop, unfortunately, the one BB only had two of the movies (Inglorious Basterds and 40YOV for $4.26). The other BB in the area has the others, so I might head out there tonight. The fiance wants Mama Mia and I want Apollo 13, which will both also be 2.13/each.

I had no problem using both coupons, even though the kid at the register didn't know how to add the Manufacturer coupon and required a manager's assistance. She came over and told him what to do, without even questioning two coupons being used.

Does the coupon work only exclusively on 100th anniversary editions? Or movies with 100th anniversary edition versions?

[quote name='Rumors']Does the coupon work only exclusively on 100th anniversary editions? Or movies with 100th anniversary edition versions?[/QUOTE]

I had no problem using it on the regular Inglorious Basterds combo. The kid at the register called over the manager and she told him to not even scan it, but instead hit total and then manually apply the manufacturer coupon discount.

[quote name='Rumors']Does the coupon work only exclusively on 100th anniversary editions? Or movies with 100th anniversary edition versions?[/QUOTE]

I think someone said they have a the same upc.

I wish they didn't have all the new Hitchcock and Allen blu-rays priced at $19.99.
$14.99 would be good with me, but $12.99 before coupon would be even better. :)

[quote name='WV Matsui']Lion king is $19.99 ($15.99) post coupon

Picking it up tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely be picking that up with my last coupon!

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely be picking that up with my last coupon![/QUOTE]

No problem! I almost grabbed it for $20 st Target last night! Bambi is also $20. Both $14.99 post coupon!

Worked for me on 40 year old virgin a week or so ago.

I am going again tonight. I only traded in 3 movies but used the coupons about 15 times so far. Dang employee keeps giving it back to me!

Thanks for the info guys! I picked up 40year old virgin, scareface steelbook, 50/50, incredible hulk, and forgetting sarah marshall for $34.61 out the door. They let me use both of my universal coupons! Score

Do everyone know about this at Bestbuy because I don't want to have. A hard time doing this deal

[quote name='starmask2k3']Do everyone know about this at Bestbuy because I don't want to have. A hard time doing this deal[/QUOTE]

I would think so, this deal's been going on almost a month. It actually ends tomorrow at close.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Do everyone know about this at Bestbuy because I don't want to have. A hard time doing this deal[/QUOTE]

Can't be any harder than writing.

Went back for one more go. In all I got

Leon
Bram Stoker Dracula
Super 8 combo
Hot Fuzz combo
Grindhouse
Zombieland with Underworld movie ticket
Dumb and Dumber
Hanna
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels combo
Snatch
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

12 movies if you count 2 in Grindhouse and a movie ticket for about $100. Now I just have to find time to watch them all.

is it possible to trade the dvds in and get the coupon and save it for next week? since the trade in ends tomorrow. is there an expiration date on the coupon?

[quote name='WV Matsui']How much is Zombieland?[/QUOTE]

According to bestbuy.com, 19.99.

[quote name='trunks982']is it possible to trade the dvds in and get the coupon and save it for next week? since the trade in ends tomorrow. is there an expiration date on the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Coupons expire tomorrow too.

Picked up the following:

$4.99:
Harry Potter 5 & 7p1
Kill Bill Volume 1 (finally found it!)
Kill Bill Volume 2
Insomnia
Superbad
Face Off (Finally found some in-store!!!)

Hope to pick up Leon the Professional tomorrow and I'm really done this time.

Made one last run before the offer ends. Picked up Dumb & Dumber ($5), Cape Fear ($5), Lion King ($15), Rio ($15) & The Natural ($10).

This was a great promotion. Got rid of some DVDs that I would never watch for better Blu's. The only thing was the stupid cashier I had at Best buy today said it would not work with a BLU/DVD combo. I told her it would and it did. How stupid are these people

I went today and notice that Best Buy got in the 100th Anniversary edition of Apollo 13 now. the store had been out for the last few weeks on this one

Finished up yesterday with a good deal, wanted to finish off my Spiderman trilogy, so I needed 1 and 2. The store had 1 so I traded DVD and got it for 4.75. They didn't have 2 so I called my RZ PS asst. and told her what I wanted emailed her the coupon and they honored it shipping Spidey 2 for 4.99 with free s/h, already had 3 from PS3 deal a while back so Trilogy for under $10 on blu ray. I hope they do this deal again. Got about 10 Blu Rays. Also, got Apollo 13 for 4.99 after $5 and $3 coupon from universal.

I made my 2nd run on Friday. The Best Buy cashier was really nice and overrode Boyz in the Hood for me even though it was $9.75 and didn't qualify for the promotion.

I bought:
Boyz in the Hood - 4.75
Beverly Hills Cop - $4.99
Last of the Mohicans - $12.99 - $3.00 manufacturers coupon - $5.00 = $4.99
2 Fast 2 Furious - $4.99
Fast and the Furious Tokyo drift - $4.99
Inside Man - $4.99

She accidentally rang up all 6 instead of 5 even though I only brought in 5 dvds to trade-in. It all worked I guess because of the Boyz in the Hood manual override.

Thanks to the CAG to who posted the coupon for Last of the Mohicans. I've only seen it once, but I love that damn movie. I can't wait to watch it in 1080p with surround sound for the first time.

My total haul

Hook
Uncle Buck
Space Jam
The Big Lebowski SE
Halloween II
Close Encounters of the Third Kind SE
Stone Cold Steve Austin:
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
Captain America
Thor
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart: The Untold Story
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3
The Rocketeer
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

[quote name='starmask2k3']I wish u can use more then one dvd coupon on one blu-ray[/QUOTE]

Well, now you can't use any coupons so its a moot point ;)

Ended up with:

Snatch
Face/Off
Real Steel
Attack the Block
Leon the Professional
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

About $40 off my gift card after MFG/U&S/RZ coupons/certs.

Went yesterday, and I couldn't use the universal coupon because they said it was double dipping, also they forgot to apply my $5 reward certificate. Totally lame.

[quote name='buster90']Went one last time and picked up the fugitive for $4.99 w/ coupon. Surprised nobody mentioned this one its a great movie![/QUOTE]

Great movie. I heard it on Defective list for blu-ray version, lol

bread's done
Back