Best Buy Upgrade & Save - 01/08/12 to 01/28/12.

chatgirl4

Banned
Thanks to Taco5 for posting next weeks ad, which confirms the sale will begin on 1/8 & last through 1/28.

Offer excludes Music titles but any TV/Blu-Ray movie priced $9.99 or higher is included.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312851

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I think when Sunday rolls around if you just go to the BB site and sort the BR by price.

Here is a link to all the $9.99 movies. It's actually the $7.99-9.99 price, but sorted high to low.

Here is a link to all the $10-$14.99 movies sorted by low to high.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Went yesterday, and I couldn't use the universal coupon because they said it was double dipping, also they forgot to apply my $5 reward certificate. Totally lame.

The first time I tried to use it I had resistance, but then I started checking out at Customer Service and when they hesitated I told them the 100th Anniversary ones have the same UPC, different packaging, and they did it. Same issue at Target.

Bought 41 Blu-Rays from Best Buy and 4 from Target, only two cost more than $5. Fantastic deal. The Universal coupon really sweetened it, making about 12 of them $1.99, so thanks to whoever posted that one. Managed to swap 90% of my HD-DVD collection, and the ones that traded >$5 went to Amazon, while the others went to Best Buy.

[quote name='buster90']went one last time and picked up the fugitive for $4.99 w/ coupon. Surprised nobody mentioned this one its a great movie![/quote]

what? The fugitive was 4.99 w/ coupon?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I went in on Friday to do a few last trade-ins, and the customer service person tried to tell me that I couldn't trade in rated R movies. She went to her manager and cleared it up, but seriously... That late in the promotion and they still have customer service employees who don't know the terms? Best Buy needs to do a better job of educating their employees.

I found myself not buying a lot this time around -- even with the coupon, there weren't really great deals on very many titles that I wanted. I think I liked it more when they had a defined list of eligible titles, and all of those titles were on sale. As it was this time, most of the titles that I wanted weren't on sale, and I knew that they'll be cheaper at some point later when they do go on sale than they'd be with the coupon now (or, in a few cases, they were already cheaper on Amazon). It was kind of disappointing overall.

Ended up grabbing:
Scarface
Heavenly Creatures
American Beauty
From Dusk Till Dawn
Red Dragon
Good Will Hunting

I picked up:

Across the Universe
Close Encounters of the Third Kind Special Edition
Crazy Heart
Kick-Ass
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Leon the Professional
Memento

8 blus, $50, not bad.

[quote name='abhinav']I actually thought this deal went until the end of the month... I forgot to do any trade ins. Damnit.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh it is the end of the month.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Uhhh it is the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

I think abhinav meant the literal end date of 1/31, which is tomorrow. The promo ended 2 days ago on 1/28.

bread's done
Back