CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chuck Stank']I thought LA Noire was a boring piece of shit. And the truth/doubt/lie system is completely broken. Especially after hearing it originally started as something completely different and they never updated it. They just changed the wording.[/QUOTE]

It is absolutely broken. I played with the guide (.01 at BB) to get all the answers right.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Rang up $17.99. Told him it was a pre-owned DOTW at $9.99 and showed him my phone and he did a over ride right there. But the scanned the coupon and it didn't work and we were both like hmm. The back of the actual coupon states it doesn't work on pre-owned which might be the problem.

He went back and adjusted the price down to $4.99 for me. He was one of the gaming guys and hes typically a really cool guy so I didn't have a problem at all.

See I loved the entire game, especially the detective work.[/QUOTE]

Since there's been preowned coupons that worked before it was probably due to the initial $9.99 PM not stacking with a coupon and therefore a one time PM needs to be done to bring it to $5. The language is probably a template for all deals that assume they are for new games anyways.

[quote name='Dark Rider']L.A. Noire is actually the one Rockstar game I like. I could never get into GTA, and hated RDR even though I beat it.

Despite its flaws, L.A. Noire is fun just because it's something so different from what most AAA games now a days.[/QUOTE]
For as much as I bitch about wanting some 'different' experiences, I just couldn't get into L.A. Noire. I usually spent a while just driving around the city streets running along the sidewalks in my car. About the only things I really did were the street crimes. Then I traded my copy before finishing it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For as much as I bitch about wanting some 'different' experiences, I just couldn't get into L.A. Noire. I usually spent a while just driving around the city streets running along the sidewalks in my car. About the only things I really did were the street crimes. Then I traded my copy before finishing it.[/QUOTE]

you should get sleeping dogs, if you like open world games like gta, lol

[quote name='YBX87']you should get sleeping dogs, if you like open world games like gta, lol[/QUOTE]
What exactly is Sleeping Dogs? That name sounds familiar, but I think that was gonna be one of my 'buy it once it gets to $20' games.

EDIT: I just read the Wikipedia page for the game and while it sounds kinda interesting, it'll still only be a $20 game to me. The whole 'over the shoulder' third person thing would be the main thing to put me off of the game. Not to mention it'd be kinda interesting if they had a mp free roam in it where you and other players could compete in martial arts tournaments and other activities. Plus the driving sounds like it's gonna be a pita.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Rang up $17.99. Told him it was a pre-owned DOTW at $9.99 and showed him my phone and he did a over ride right there. But the scanned the coupon and it didn't work and we were both like hmm. The back of the actual coupon states it doesn't work on pre-owned which might be the problem.

He went back and adjusted the price down to $4.99 for me. He was one of the gaming guys and hes typically a really cool guy so I didn't have a problem at all.

See I loved the entire game, especially the detective work.[/QUOTE]

The back of the coupon says it isn't valid on pre-owned games unless the coupon is for a pre-owned game/s.

Your issue was the price match which makes the system reject coupons afterwards.

They need to update the price/s throughout their systems so people can use the coupons/use them easier.

Stacking the coupon for Noire didn't work for me either. The 9.99 price wasn't in the system for some reason.

[quote name='shadowkast']Ironic, i just started la noire last night after I lost my game save a year ago. It's the only game my wife actually likes to watch me play[/QUOTE]
Just noticed this and it made me lol

My ex girlfriend hated watching me play, would usually grab a book and read, but when I started LA Noire she was completely into it, noticing stuff before I did, etc.

Was actually quite refreshing

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. LA Noire is worth more than the $10. Easily one of my all time favorite games. Kinda feels like a movie, really chill to just sit back and play.

If you want a game to kill some time, but that you'll definitely enjoy. Pick it up.

Picked up my Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 from last week B2G1. All 3 are complete and discs look great. Great deal for 44 out the door.

:360: Fallout 3: NV $7.99
:360: Lego Batman $9.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Dragon Age II $14.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $14.99
:360: Resident Evil: ORC $29.99

:ps3: Bioshock $12.99
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 $12.99
:ps3: GTA IV $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

For those too lazy to click the link in OP and I am too lazy to update it. :lol:

If Bioshock :ps3: was $10 I'd bite. I'll probably end up getting it with Bioshock Infinite anyway, so it's probably better that I'm not buying now.

If you are a members of gamer's unlocked you might be able to convince them to let you use the $5 off coupon on any preowned game $10-$20 to make it $7.99. I had to do this with Fable II two weeks ago and it did require an override since preowned DotW do not ring up in store.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']If you are a members of gamer's unlocked you might be able to convince them to let you use the $5 off coupon on any preowned game $10-$20 to make it $7.99. I had to do this with Fable II two weeks ago and it did require an override since preowned DotW do not ring up in store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I actually already used it on Fallout 3 GOTY for $5 after coupon.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']:360: Fallout 3: NV $7.99
:360: Lego Batman $9.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Dragon Age II $14.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $14.99
:360: Resident Evil: ORC $29.99

:ps3: Bioshock $12.99
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 $12.99
:ps3: GTA IV $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

For those too lazy to click the link in OP and I am too lazy to update it. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for typing everything out, I gave you credit for it. The OP is wikied so anybody is able to update it.

[quote name='GamerDude316']LEGO Batman for $5 after coupon, thats tempting[/QUOTE]

If you can convince them to PM the website and use the coupon.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']OP says sale ends today but I just saw this thread pop up?[/QUOTE]
I just finished updating it for this week.

Wish I would've checked this thread earlier. I've been on the lookout for a cheap LEGO Batman. Oh well, I think I'll use my $5 coupon and get Super Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']I wish Fallout NV was $7.99 for PS3 so bad... I know I would come away with an ultimate edition since employees at my best buy are dumb.[/QUOTE]
BB doesn't have seperate listings for used vanilla and GOTY/ultimate editions. This is why you can get those for the "vanilla" price. It's not a case of dumb employees.

since I am only mildly intereseted in hockey I may just pick up NHL 12 and skip on 13 unless I see something that is mind-blowingly better in the 13 version

Picked up Uncharted 3, eternal sonata, and ico and sotc collection for 29.xx after using a 5 dollar cert. Pretty solid imo.

On a sidenote, anyone ever ordered 3 games in a b2g1 online and one of the game got oos after ordering? What happens then?

[quote name='darrenaw9']Picked up Uncharted 3, eternal sonata, and ico and sotc collection for 29.xx after using a 5 dollar cert. Pretty solid imo.

On a sidenote, anyone ever ordered 3 games in a b2g1 online and one of the game got oos after ordering? What happens then?[/QUOTE]
I would recommend playing eternal sonata with Japanese audio and English subtitles.

Are they serious with some of these?

They've clearanced out new copies of PilotWings for $4.99, why do they think they can sell it used for $30?

Maybe the prices haven't fallen yet or something. That's insanity.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Picked up Uncharted 3, eternal sonata, and ico and sotc collection for 29.xx after using a 5 dollar cert. Pretty solid imo.

On a sidenote, anyone ever ordered 3 games in a b2g1 online and one of the game got oos after ordering? What happens then?[/QUOTE]

I got charge on both games plus I didn't get the 10% gcu. I just had to call them and switch it to another game but it was a hassle. That's why I prepare to do the instore pickup rather than shipping.

Anyone know if you can use @Gamer coupons at closing stores? I have 1 about 10 miles away that is closing 8/30 and they are offering 20% off select items would be nice if they stacked.

Best Buy and their backordered bullshit. No wonder the company is failing. It can't be that had to manage inventory could it? They should just hire Amazon to run things behind the scene! jeeesh

[quote name='dinovelvet']Ordered 3 used games. 2 hours later, got an email saying all 3 are backordered.[/QUOTE]

All 6 of my games are on back order :( oh well. BTW how do used games go on back order?

Ordered 3 games, let's see how this goes
Got:
:ps3: Wet (Somehow I want to play this game)
:ps3: FO: NV
:ps3: Time Crisis Razing Storm (Need a rail shooter since HoTD is almost finished)

Add

:360: Left 4 Dead 2
:360: Need For Speed Most Wanted

This is the one area where both the website and customer service fall short. My order cannot be fully cancelled and my gift card balance credited until Monday morning (customer service estimate). Since this is a package deal you would think the entire order could be cancelled immediately but that is not the case. Only other solution the rep offered is search local stores and I can pick up the games. I'm done with the website for preowned purchases until they can work out the inventory management issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back