CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not going to say this is confirmed but yesterday I could not get it to work but I still did a B2G1 which shipped today. I thought I would try after reading your post and sure enough I got it to work.

Edit Shipping these won't mess it up will it?[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to confirm I also placed a b2g1 order before I could finagle a b2g2.

After reading all the posts I made a b2g1 order for 3 $5 games. Then place one for 4 $24.99 games and the b2g2 worked. Previously had no luck. This is in fact the way to get it to work. Thanks for all the input guys. Finally gonna play the last uncharted.

*sigh* Seriously? I did a B2G1 order in-store today with a really cool employee who managed to find Forza 4 and NSMB at a different store and ring them up together with the Saint's Row the Third at my local store, and now I find out I could get a B2G2 to work if I do a cheap B2G1 order first? #-o Maybe I should just get additional copies (along with L4D2)?

Im surprised noone figured it out earlier. I was gonna let the secret out soon. Sorry CAG. This post was the key and thats how i figured it out.

[quote name='sninh']it wasnt working for me :(....at first! :D i submitted an order for the b2g1 then tried an order after and the b2g2 worked!

also threw in a copy of call me maybe to make it over $50 ;)[/QUOTE]

I did an instore pickup for 3 games then the glitch worked for me, then I just canceled the B2G1 order.

[quote name='Abeja']Im surprised noone figured it out earlier. I was gonna let the secret out soon. Sorry CAG. This post was the key and thats how i figured it out.

I did an instore pickup for 3 games then the glitch worked for me, then I just canceled the B2G1 order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This worked for me. Made 3 separate orders of B2G2 after my first order of B2G1

Yeah no problem. My orders already shipped and I dont think im gonna put in any more orders. Got about everything I have ever wanted for this generation of gaming and then some.

Works for me now too, thanks for the heads up/ Hopefully the trade in machine is actually working this time at my local BB so that I can flip some of my order right back to them.

SR3 was available again for shipping so I redid my order from Sun but added L4D2 along with Batman:AC and Uncharted 3 since the B2G2 works now for me. I will return the original 3 I guess. No issues returning used at BBY as long as they are unopened? In all my used buying and trading I have never returned a used game.

I really want to get in on this, however, I just don't know if I can - I really hate getting games in the generic case. Also, I know some of the games are going to require online passes and DLC downloads, so I'm not sure it wouldn't be best to just wait down the road for sales on the new games/goty versions... But, this is a pretty sweet deal if you don't care about any of that. I had 4 $24.99 in my cart for a total of 44.xx -

I think its also been confirmed that the $10 code for store pickup works as well on pre-owned, so I guess you could throw another $5 game or move in there and get that as well...

Odds of getting you know how long older very unlikely. Also you never know if you'll get a generic case either. If those things are important to you it certainly makes sense to pass.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I really want to get in on this, however, I just don't know if I can - I really hate getting games in the generic case. Also, I know some of the games are going to require online passes and DLC downloads, so I'm not sure it wouldn't be best to just wait down the road for sales on the new games/goty versions... But, this is a pretty sweet deal if you don't care about any of that. I had 4 $24.99 in my cart for a total of 44.xx -

I think its also been confirmed that the $10 code for store pickup works as well on pre-owned, so I guess you could throw another $5 game or move in there and get that as well...[/QUOTE]

The price you are getting the games, you can roll the dice and if they all come generic then you can easily dump the games and still make money. Out of 3-4 Twisted Metals I bought, one came with a pass. I have only gotten 1 online pass in the Ghost Recons Ive ordered. The passes arent as likely.

One positive for PS3 games is all generic cases have atleast come in a blu-ray/clear case, so you just will need the insert and manual.. The Xbox generic cases are the black cases which are crap. And im pretty sure the Wii ones arent official cases but they are white cases. I have gotten alot more incomplete games this time around I guess cause I got the cream of the crop last time.

I forgot Uncharted 3 has an online pass! Glad I didn't get around to selling the code I have when I got the game(and took it to GS) from Target(Nextworth) for $10!

Thanks for the heads up about the b2g2, made order, cancelled it then made a b2g2 for max Payne and ghost recon. Hoping one gets a online pass.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I forgot Uncharted 3 has an online pass! Glad I didn't get around to selling the code I have when I got the game(and took it to GS) from Target(Nextworth) for $10![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up that would have been a pisser...

[quote name='bringerofdeath']omg this b2g2 is epic! why is everyone getting left 4 dead 2 does it have good trade in value at gamestop or what?[/QUOTE]

I think the last time I check, their used copy was priced at 40 bucks. I could be wrong.

But for me, b2g2 was pretty awesome if it manage to be shipped. I'm crossing ma fingers.

2 copies of FIFA 12, nba 2k12, saint row 3 and a copy of batman ac just under 100 bucks shipped is a pretty nice I must say.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I think the last time I check, their used copy was priced at 40 bucks. I could be wrong.

But for me, b2g2 was pretty awesome if it manage to be shipped. I'm crossing ma fingers.

2 copies of FIFA 12, nba 2k12, saint row 3 and a copy of batman ac just under 100 bucks shipped is a pretty nice I must say.[/QUOTE]
shouldnt your total have been around $50 if you got the b2g2?

[quote name='SlavetodaBOX']Thanks for the heads up that would have been a pisser...[/QUOTE]

YW!

And, I have this person to thank because I, totally, forgot!:hot::

[quote name='Kerplunkuga'] Also, I know some of the games are going to require online passes and DLC downloads, so I'm not sure it wouldn't be best to just wait down the road for sales on the new games/goty versions... [/QUOTE]

Thanks!

The only thing that bugs me about the pre-owned titles from BB are those super glued on frickin' stickers they put over the original UPC on the back of the case. You practically need a sandblaster just to get the remaining bits of sticker and glue residue off the case once you try to gently peel most of the sticker off of it.

Otherwise I usually check the games I buy pretty well and have only been burned on one missing a manual(God Of War III). But that game was for a buddy of mine and he apparently doesn't give a crap about cases/artworks/manuals so long as the games play.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only thing that bugs me about the pre-owned titles from BB are those super glued on frickin' stickers they put over the original UPC on the back of the case. You practically need a sandblaster just to get the remaining bits of sticker and glue residue off the case once you try to gently peel most of the sticker off of it.

Otherwise I usually check the games I buy pretty well and have only been burned on one missing a manual(God Of War III). But that game was for a buddy of mine and he apparently doesn't give a crap about cases/artworks/manuals so long as the games play.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I use goo gone sticker lifter on those POS stickers. Just remove the artwork first. It works like a charm.

http://googone.com/GG-Browse-Products/Goo-Gone-Sticker-Lifter-2oz

I would not buy it from that site but you get the drift.

Picked up Uncharted 3 today from the deal(in store pickup) and the wrap had a small tear in the side and the game was missing!glad I checked before leaving the store.

[quote name='Uso']Or just use your shipping tape on it after you peel the paper side of the sticker off.[/QUOTE]
That's what I usually do and it normally works, but the residue for Dead Islands' sticker is still hanging around even though I've used the tape on it for 10 minutes continuously at least once thus far.

Normally in about 5 minutes or less I'd have all of the residue gone, even from those old square stickers from EB Games.

Ordered 4 for pickup at 3 different stores, all stores sent a ready to pick up email. One store then calls me and lets me know that they dont have the game and no other store has it in the area. They cancelled it, saying I would get the $22 and change back. Will be interesting to see how that works, being that I also paid with a gift card. Could end up being a b1g2 free sale for me or a damn headache.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Ordered 4 for pickup at 3 different stores, all stores sent a ready to pick up email. One store then calls me and lets me know that they dont have the game and no other store has it in the area. They cancelled it, saying I would get the $22 and change back. Will be interesting to see how that works, being that I also paid with a gift card. Could end up being a b1g2 free sale for me or a damn headache.[/QUOTE]

My bets on the headache.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']is bestbuy fairly quick with shipping? havent done shipping in awhile[/QUOTE]

From my personal experience, they ship fast and probably the next day. it appears their warehouse for preowned games is in great state of Minnesota. And If you use their 'free shipping' method, It takes about 3-4 days for me. I live in NY, so the wait isnt too bad compare to amazon's free shipping. They take 7-10 days

So, I ordered 4 games using the b2g2 deal - If I get there and decide I don't want one of them, how many strange looks will I get if I try to trade it in immediately? I mean, not immediately, but like say, walk out to my car, then come back in and trade it in. How would they even know really (unless my purchase history is stored on my RZ account and is looked at when trading in the games...) Since I'm unlocked I guess I will qualify for the extra 100% since thats going til the 7th?

I've never actually traded in anything to Best Buy before. I know my store does it, but I've never traded anything in since I usually keep my games. I'm not much fpr trading in/flipping unless I just really don't want the game anymore.

Huge ratchet and clank here ! My ranking of the games from best to worst in my opinion

1. R&C: a crack in time
2. R&C: up your arsenal
3: R&C: future tools of destruction
4: R&C: going comando
5: R&C: the original
6: R&C: deadlocked
7: R&C: all 4 one
8: R&C: quest for booty (would be a little higher If it was longer)
9: Secret agent clank
10: R&C: size matters
11: R&C: size matters and Secret agent clank ps2 ports (ewwwwww !)

Oh and nobody fucks with mr zurkon !

[quote name='craig.courtney']Ordered 4 for pickup at 3 different stores, all stores sent a ready to pick up email. One store then calls me and lets me know that they dont have the game and no other store has it in the area. They cancelled it, saying I would get the $22 and change back. Will be interesting to see how that works, being that I also paid with a gift card. Could end up being a b1g2 free sale for me or a damn headache.[/QUOTE]

It will be a headache...they did it to me once...and somehow it ended being a b2g1 and they also charged me more for the games(they took my unlocked off)

They canceled game that was ship to store...and then sent me an email saying it was on the way to the store; but it still was canceled from my order.

[quote name='Japanaman']Wasn't Madden 12 $9.99 brand new not too long ago?[/QUOTE]

Or $19.99 for the Collector's Edition.

So I did the initial b2g1 in order to get the b2g2, but now one of the games I wanted is a part of the original order, and you cannot cancel for 8 days. I could have it shipped to the store, but I would rather pick all the items up at once. Any ideas?

[quote name='vantheman']So I did the initial b2g1 in order to get the b2g2, but now one of the games I wanted is a part of the original order, and you cannot cancel for 8 days. I could have it shipped to the store, but I would rather pick all the items up at once. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Use a time machine to go back and have them ship items.

I'm confused. I've never done this B2G2 glitch before.
How much time should I wait before canceling the first order of B2G1 and do all 3 games have to be in-store pickup at the same place?

The B2G2 'glitch' doesn't work for everyone. I've tried several times with different browsers, dumping cache and cookies, trying while signed into my GZU/RZ accounts, signed out in various combinations but to no avail.

Kudos to those who manage to work their magic.

edit: my understanding is that it only works if all 4 games are listed at the same price.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']my understanding is that it only works if all 4 games are listed at the same price.[/QUOTE]

This was not the case for me. I had 3 games $24.99 and one at $17.99. But who knows with how random this "deal" seems to trigger.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I think they stop the order at the store level or online. /Just a warning[/QUOTE]

So....online? Or store? Or both? i'm waiting on 2 items to ship from online, but both the in-store pickup items are ready to go.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I think they stop the order at the store level or online. /Just a warning[/QUOTE]

So....online? Or store? Or both? i'm waiting on 2 items to ship from online, but both the in-store pickup items are ready to go.

Picked up most of my B2G2 items today (mine were all store pickup). They were at 3 different stores which entailed a lot of walking (two Advil helped), but there wasn't a single stock issue and all the games were complete with case and manual. Thanks BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back