Best Buy Video Game Ads 12/26-12/31

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Thanks to Speedy1961 @ DVD Talk. I just cut and paste.

Video Games:

$19.99 EACH:

Midnight Club 3 >>>> PS2 / XBOX
SSX On Tour >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
NBA: 2006 >>>> PS2 / XBOX

$29.99 EACH:

Amerca's Army >>>> XBOX
Far Cry: Instincts >>>> XBOX
Matrix: Path of Neo >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Shrek: Superslam >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
L.A. Rush >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Spartan: Total Warrior >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood >>>> PS2 / XBOX
GUN >>>> PS2
True Crime: NYC >>>> PS2

$34.99 EACH:

Star Wars II: Battlefront >>>> PS2
Need For Speed: Most Wanted >>>> PS2
50 Cent: Bulletproof >>>> PS2
Dragon Quest VIII >>>> PS2 ( :hot: $25 with coupon! :hot: )

$39.99 EACH:

X-Men Legends II >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Ultimate Spider-man >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Smackdown RAW 2006 >>>> PS2

The ads are now online. The PC Game deals absolutely suck. They reduced a bunch of $30 games to $25. But if they were still $30 you could use the coupon and get them for $20.

Further, they advertise...

"Buy Neverwinter Nights Diamond for $25 and get Kingmaker for $10"

Neverwinter Diamond comes with Kingmaker!!!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Further, they advertise...

Neverwinter Diamond comes with Kingmaker!!![/QUOTE]

It's a trap!

[quote name='addicted2games']Yeah, but you cant use the $10 off coupon online can you? Guess I'll drive to BB tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just thought people might want the linkage.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The ads are now online. The PC Game deals absolutely suck. They reduced a bunch of $30 games to $25. But if they were still $30 you could use the coupon and get them for $20.

Further, they advertise...

Neverwinter Diamond comes with Kingmaker!!![/QUOTE]
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought that was whacked.

[quote name='Flying PJ']Battlefield 2 comes out to $30 a/c if you haven't picked that up yet (may I ask why? :lol: ). The Sims 2 comes out to $20 a/c.[/QUOTE]

Well Battlefield 2 is on sale at CC this week for $29.99 so if you have one that accepts competitor's coupons it would be 20 bucks before tax.

[quote name='cdeener']Well Battlefield 2 is on sale at CC this week for $29.99 so if you have one that accepts competitor's coupons it would be 20 bucks before tax.[/QUOTE]

As always, YMMV. ;) I guess you are one of the lucky ones.

[quote name='Flying PJ']As always, YMMV. ;) I guess you are one of the lucky ones.[/QUOTE]

Thus the reason I said if you have one that accepts them because most of the CC close to me don't accept them.

So what's the deal on using multiple coupons in one transaction?

I'd love to pick up Path of Neo, Spartan, Gun, Prince of Persia: Two Thrones and maybe one or two others... do I just tell the cashier "Hello, I'd like to purchase each one of these one at a time please" or will the register automatically take $10 off for each game scanned?

Not mentioned in the OP, but if you buy an X-box/Forza bundle, you get Call of Duty Finest Hour or I think it was Marvel Nemisis free. Is that worth it? I've been thinking about picking up an X-Box lateley (I only have a GC right now).

You know, DQ8 is an awesome RPG. Buy it just for that.

If you're buying it for the FFXII demo, be prepared for a great, but amazingly short, demo.

Shorter than a Zone of the Enders speed demo AVI! O.O

[quote name='Roufuss']So what's the deal on using multiple coupons in one transaction?

I'd love to pick up Path of Neo, Spartan, Gun, Prince of Persia: Two Thrones and maybe one or two others... do I just tell the cashier "Hello, I'd like to purchase each one of these one at a time please" or will the register automatically take $10 off for each game scanned?[/QUOTE]

Each time I tried multiple coupons, the cashier made seperate transactions.

Well, I just checked the ad on the site. It's NBA 2k6 for $15 a/c! Definetly going to buy it at that price.

Is it necessary to play through the first two PoP games to understand the story of the third? I'd like to pick up PoP:TTT for $20 but I never played the first two.

Yes, there are a number of characters and plots from the first two games that are tied in. The game itself has its own story but you might get more enjoyment by playing the first two...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
$34.99 EACH:

Star Wars II: Battlefront >>>> PS2
Need For Speed: Most Wanted >>>> PS2
50 Cent: Bulletproof >>>> PS2
[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but it appears from looking at the ad that this is good for more than just the PS2 versions. In the ad it states "Price pertains to available platforms", which to me sounds like the price pertains to any platform that the game is available on.

Looking at their website listing for BFII for Xbox it looks like I'm right.

Anyone have problems using the coupon on sale items? It does say it's only on regular price.

Does Best Buy price match with Gamestop? They have Need for Speed : Most Wanted for $29.99 and was hoping I could price match and use the $10 coupon to bump it to an insane $19.99.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Does Best Buy price match with Gamestop? They have Need for Speed : Most Wanted for $29.99 and was hoping I could price match and use the $10 coupon to bump it to an insane $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I kinda doubt they do since they are totally different types of stores, but hey, it wouldnt hurt to try if you have an ad!

Yeah, what have I got to lose? And luckily I do have an ad. I'll probably call tomorrow morning to double check, I don't wanna waste the gas.

If you are lucky enough to get a pricematch to Gamestop, then count your lucky stars there. 99% of the time you won't get BB to accept a coupon ON TOP of a pricematch, just one or the other.

[quote name='zeroxray']question, does toysrus pricematch to bestbuy?? i have a 100 gift card for tru. thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
My local TRU stopped price matching all together.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']My local TRU stopped price matching all together.[/QUOTE]

ohh so i guess its not national huh? i guess i'll call them in the morning to confirm.

nice pic btw, i love tila.

just check bb.com and they have sonic rush DS for $29.99.. with $10 off coupon.. that would be $20 for the game.... hmm does bb.com and bestbuy B&M has the same price?

[quote name='racthamp']just check bb.com and they have sonic rush DS for $29.99.. with $10 off coupon.. that would be $20 for the game.... hmm does bb.com and bestbuy B&M has the same price?[/QUOTE]

I hope so... i was going to wait to buy this later but if it's $20 after coupon, I'm getting it asap.

[quote name='zeroxray']ohh so i guess its not national huh? i guess i'll call them in the morning to confirm.

nice pic btw, i love tila.[/QUOTE]
it is national

Does anyone know when Best Buy opens? On the website it says 10:00 but I called and the recording says 8:00. I'm confused.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Does Best Buy price match with Gamestop? They have Need for Speed : Most Wanted for $29.99 and was hoping I could price match and use the $10 coupon to bump it to an insane $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Which ad is this? Can I get it instore?

Just picked up PoP: Two Thrones and Path of Neo, though an employee had to find Path of Neo in overstock for me.

For anyone interested, seems Pump It Up Exceed for both Xbox and PS2 are now down to $39.99 (though the tag on the PS2 one at my store read $49.99; still down from $59.99). The coupon didn't work automatically for it, so my cashier called a manager, describing asking if it the coupon should work for the "game and comes with a dance pad, too." I was shot down, but I bought it anyway, since it was the last of two. I figure I can try to do a retroactive coupon or return/rebuy later.

I went at 8:00 this morning, used my 50 dollar gift card and got DQ VIII. Farcry Instincts an Matrix: Path Of Neo. After using coupons for all 3 and my gift card, I walked out with all 3 for 15 bucks.

[quote name='tekzilla']what coupon are you guys referring to?[/QUOTE]

Where have you guys been?? It's on the main video game deals page, stickied.

So the 360 Coupon is working on the $29.99 Ad Games??

I was worried they wouldn't take the coupon since it states something about can't be combined with any other deals and my Mother-in-law just gave me a $25 Best Buy Gift Card. Brother In Law got me Gun for Christmas so guess im going to pick up Path of Neo.

Well, my friend and I just came back from the Best Buy in Daly City (Serramonte Best Buy). At the store he had a copy of Dragon Quest VIII, and I had Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 in hand, and we both had a $10 off coupon. So we go to the registers and when I took my game up to the cashier and hand him the coupon, he says that I can't use it because it's a print and I need the original, then he says that since it's already on sale I can't use the coupon anyway (damn fucker!, didn't even try to scan the coupon). As for my friend, the cashier he went to actually tried to scan it, and she even typed something in but the coupon wouldn't even go through. In the back of my mind I kinda knew that it might not work, but I'm kinda disappointed and probably won't be shopping at Best Buy anytime soon, or ever. If there's a good price on a game there, I'll just PM at Circuit City.

Well, sorry for the very long read, just needed to vent.

bread's done
Back